installing new stereo?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 06:34 PM
05 T.L (Titties Like)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installing new stereo?????

Has anyone had a new stereo installed in their acura (o5 tl). i was told that replacing the stock stereo with a new one would mess things up..is this true has anybody done this????
Old 03-02-2006, 06:39 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Check this out

Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
05 T.L (Titties Like)

so how dose it work..everything sound ok????
Old 03-02-2006, 06:47 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah.. this is my buddies TL... mine is still stock because I have thew NAV.. Everything sounds great. The difference is that whoever does the install needs to really know what they are doing. No jerry-rigging this setup. Also, alot of people hate the look of the aftermarket head untis with the little half circle cutouts being there... So its kind of all about how good of equipment you are getting and who good the install (wiring) is. He also dynamated his entire car. All good until his shocks start to leak from all the extra weight...
Old 03-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Intermediate

it's a shame why we cannot replace the freaking radio on TL....

how much would it be to replace a side silver thingy(dont know what to call that) that dont have the circle hole.. how much would it be?

Also, would this be possible with NAVI unit on it? I really want to change the raido and put IPOD raido ready in there.. for the best look......
Old 03-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Instructor

You might go look for a double height unit and see if it's a better appearance.

The strip could probably be made out of some aluminum pieces by someone who knew what they were doing...
Old 03-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Instructor

I kinda like the surround sound, I'm happy with the current system. Maybe I'm just getting older but I'm not attracted to the loud stereo systems like I was when I was younger.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 2005 TL WDP Non Navi. Mine goal was to improve the sound and maintain all functionality of the stock HU. I have upgraded the audio system with the following:

A JL Audio e6450 amp is used to power CDT EF61 mids, satnet 480 crossovers and TW24 tweeters in the front. I am using CDT EF61 mids in the back. I will be adding tweeters/crossovers to the back too. I also have a CDT CL4 as my center channel. Dynamat in the doors and rear deck

A JL Audio e2150 bridged to power a rockford 10" sub. To be replaced by a JL Audio sub

I have kept the HU and the stock amp. The speakers wire coming out of the amp are going to Line Output Converters. I am using Stinger Hyper series interconnects. These are being sent to the amps. Orginally I pulled the stock amp and was sending the preamp signals to a audiocontrol matrix line driver. I was getting low level hum. On the advice of a friend I put the stock amp back in and went with the LOCs.

The upgrades have greatly improved the SQ of the audio system. The highs are crisper, mids are solid and bottom not overpowering. Not going for an SLP system just as accurate as possible. While I was doing my upgrade a broke a interior plastic thing and had to go the dealer for a replacement. While I was there I listened to a stock audio system. It's like night and day difference. All functions of the stock HU have been retained

I am happy with it now but may add a Rockford 3sixty sound processor later
Old 03-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by King of Pain
I have a 2005 TL WDP Non Navi. Mine goal was to improve the sound and maintain all functionality of the stock HU. I have upgraded the audio system with the following:

A JL Audio e6450 amp is used to power CDT EF61 mids, satnet 480 crossovers and TW24 tweeters in the front. I am using CDT EF61 mids in the back. I will be adding tweeters/crossovers to the back too. I also have a CDT CL4 as my center channel. Dynamat in the doors and rear deck

A JL Audio e2150 bridged to power a rockford 10" sub. To be replaced by a JL Audio sub

I have kept the HU and the stock amp. The speakers wire coming out of the amp are going to Line Output Converters. I am using Stinger Hyper series interconnects. These are being sent to the amps. Orginally I pulled the stock amp and was sending the preamp signals to a audiocontrol matrix line driver. I was getting low level hum. On the advice of a friend I put the stock amp back in and went with the LOCs.

The upgrades have greatly improved the SQ of the audio system. The highs are crisper, mids are solid and bottom not overpowering. Not going for an SLP system just as accurate as possible. While I was doing my upgrade a broke a interior plastic thing and had to go the dealer for a replacement. While I was there I listened to a stock audio system. It's like night and day difference. All functions of the stock HU have been retained

I am happy with it now but may add a Rockford 3sixty sound processor later

Hey King...what do you think caused the hum? I believe chusteveb is still using the Matrix, and as far as i know, has no hum from it. What kind of converters are you using? Check out the thread i wrote on the AudioControl products. Emailed you earlier tonight also.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I am using these LOCs developed by David Navone at Autosound 2000. I have been lurking around the car audio forums trying to find out what works best. David and I exchanged messages and he gave me some real insight into what works. The LOCs are nothing fancy to look at but are competition grade components. I purchased the 774V and the 7V. I also purchased some evaluation CDs (101 and 104) to further tweak my system. My wife says I'm obsessive, I say I'm a perfectionist.

I'm not sure where the hum was coming from on the matrix. It was very very low level and at volume it was not even noticable. I purchased it used so maybe it had a short on the system board. It was really a just bandaid until the 3sixty came out. I took my car to my friend who owns a local car audio shop for a listen. I asked him if there was anything else I could do to improve the sound without taking the HU out. He said it's the best OEM HU system he's heard. The only thing to add is the 3sixty.

Here's a link to the 3sixty and Autosound2000

http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...s.asp?cat_id=1
Old 03-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by King of Pain
I am using these LOCs developed by David Navone at Autosound 2000. I have been lurking around the car audio forums trying to find out what works best. David and I exchanged messages and he gave me some real insight into what works. The LOCs are nothing fancy to look at but are competition grade components. I purchased the 774V and the 7V. I also purchased some evaluation CDs (101 and 104) to further tweak my system. My wife says I'm obsessive, I say I'm a perfectionist.

I'm not sure where the hum was coming from on the matrix. It was very very low level and at volume it was not even noticable. I purchased it used so maybe it had a short on the system board. It was really a just bandaid until the 3sixty came out. I took my car to my friend who owns a local car audio shop for a listen. I asked him if there was anything else I could do to improve the sound without taking the HU out. He said it's the best OEM HU system he's heard. The only thing to add is the 3sixty.

Here's a link to the 3sixty and Autosound2000

http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...s.asp?cat_id=1

King, if i remember correctly, you did away with the DVD-A, right? Would 2 774v's work to keep the DVD-A? I don't want to lose that. Seems to be a few different ways to go now. I don't know if it's best to add to the factory system, or remove the factory amp and add processors at this point.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

All functions of the stock HU have been retained including DVD-A. I have the 774V (4 channel) and the 7V (2 channel). A little less money than 2 774Vs but you could used 2 774Vs. Since I put the OEM amp back and I'm adding another set of crossovers for the back tweeters I am redoing my trunk (again). Everything is working but it's mess of wires running all over the trunk right now. I have an extra amp sitting around (JL e4300-4 channel). I might try to bridge both the 6450 (90x3)and the 4300 (90x2) for the components.

OK, maybe my wife is right. Maybe I am obsessive.

No just too much coffee, really!!!

I do agree that someone needs to make the metal trim pieces without the knob cutouts for those that want to replace the Stock HU.

Something like this would be sick.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Instructor

Well King, you may be a little bit obsessive, but you want what you want, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm trying to find a way to keep things as simple as possible, while giving me the improved sound that i want. If you were starting from scratch, and everything that you've read about (including 3sixty) was available right now, what do you think would be the easiest way to do this install? Keep the factory amp, put the 3sixty next in line, add an amp, sub, and speakers, and be done?
I prefer going with one surround amp, but the Diamond 65.2 is on back order till around April. So, knowing what you know, what do you think you would do?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Team NightHawk VP

if u dont want aftermarket head unit, go with the JL Cleansweep, i just put mine in today with 4 Alpine type r components with an alpine amp and it sounds sick.

it converts the weak stock signal to 8V preout, which is pretty clean sound
Old 03-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Racer

I couldn't get my cleansweep set up to sound decent enough. I called jl and they said they were also disappointed in the TL they did. I'm thinking of adding the alpine iva-w200 and the pxa-h701. To me the sub is as loud at low volumes as high volumes.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:04 PM
ITL
I do my own work.

wow, that looks like ass