Dice Vs. USAspec

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lembowski
All this taking apart your doing, I hope you have the unit placed behing the havoc controls, so its an easy one piece to pop out to change the unit.......
Its actually underneath my driver seat, Just move the forward, and its easy to unplug!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
But there is the work-around. If you press the home key for 5 seconds, it will unlock the iPhone and the Touch, but you'll lose headunit control til you reconnect.
So as I understand it with the iphone if you do the work around (hold home button for 5 seconds) you have control of the ipod function from the acura wheel/radio controls. Does the phones non ipod features still work (i.e. can you receive and answer the phone).?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Racer

Yup. It's JUST the iPod controls are locked out.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

Hey Nick@Dice,

I found out about the Dice unit too late, after I had just purchased the Neo Prolink. After reading up on both I have concluded that the functionality is more or less the same, can you comment on that? Does the Dice offer any features not on the Neo? I have an 05 TL with Navi and will be disconnecting XM in order to get text on the screen. Do both units support text while keeping Navi and internal CD changer intact? Is there some reason to return the Neo and order a Dice instead?

Thanks,
Pete
Old 01-08-2008, 03:08 PM
4th Gear

Hey Nick@Dice,

I really appreciate the support you provide on this forum. I have a dice unit (R4) installed on my 08 TLS. About half the time it does not work upon startup. On the Nav Screen is says DICE for all the categories. I'll stop, turn off the car, and restart and it will properly initialize and play. Is this the "start up issue". If so, what do I do next. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Ok so , I have a 2004 TL withOUT Navi, I have been using my Ipod through the cassete player, (which sucks!) I want to be able to use it with Aux power, so its almost as good as CD Quality. I want to be able to control my music through the IPOD. What will I need then??

From what i read I will need the R3, and I still get text, But i would like to see how it looks with out the Navigator, Also I just want to make sure I control my Music through the Ipod, Ive seen alot of ipod connectors and they all suck because you control it through the car, which is a horrible interface.

Is the quality alot better than the cassete player? if not then theres no point on spending $200

Does the Dice also come with extra Aux. ports like the USASpec.

Thank you.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dutch Oven
Hey Nick@Dice,

I found out about the Dice unit too late, after I had just purchased the Neo Prolink. After reading up on both I have concluded that the functionality is more or less the same, can you comment on that? Does the Dice offer any features not on the Neo? I have an 05 TL with Navi and will be disconnecting XM in order to get text on the screen. Do both units support text while keeping Navi and internal CD changer intact? Is there some reason to return the Neo and order a Dice instead?

Thanks,
Pete
I can't really comment on the Neo kit, sorry
Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by dgilman
Hey Nick@Dice,

I really appreciate the support you provide on this forum. I have a dice unit (R4) installed on my 08 TLS. About half the time it does not work upon startup. On the Nav Screen is says DICE for all the categories. I'll stop, turn off the car, and restart and it will properly initialize and play. Is this the "start up issue". If so, what do I do next. Thanks in advance.
PM me your contact and mailing info and I'll setup an exchange. Don't forget your email address!
Old 01-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Racer

Hi! You do need the R3 kit. I don't have any pictures handy of the kit in a non-navi car right now, but they're on the site posted by others.

The sound quality is ALOT better than what you get with your cassette adapter.

The iPod would remain unlocked if you have a 5th generation or older. The current gen will remain locked. If you have one of the new ones you have the option to keep it unlocked but you will lose text display on the car.

It does have an AUX port.

Originally Posted by Zero523
Ok so , I have a 2004 TL withOUT Navi, I have been using my Ipod through the cassete player, (which sucks!) I want to be able to use it with Aux power, so its almost as good as CD Quality. I want to be able to control my music through the IPOD. What will I need then??

From what i read I will need the R3, and I still get text, But i would like to see how it looks with out the Navigator, Also I just want to make sure I control my Music through the Ipod, Ive seen alot of ipod connectors and they all suck because you control it through the car, which is a horrible interface.

Is the quality alot better than the cassete player? if not then theres no point on spending $200

Does the Dice also come with extra Aux. ports like the USASpec.

Thank you.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Advanced

HD Radio+iPod

Nick,
Lots of questions so thanks in advance.

I have a question about the HD radio and iPod combo you guys offer. First off I don't care about xm radio, hate the programming, never going to use it.

I would like to have the HD radio with text, iPod control through steering wheel and Nav screen with text. I understand if you hook it up through the XM port you can have text which is great, but how do you distinguish between the HD Radio portion and the iPod portion if both hook up through that?

Is it possible to have both HD Radio and iPod with text on screen AND complete steering wheel/nav screen control? If so please list all the things I need to buy to get it all working.

One last question: Is there anyway to output video without having to use that big cradle? I liked having the option of hiding the ipod away easily.

I will be getting an '06 TL w/Nav on Saturday. Thanks!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does IPOD video work with this? I mean our Navi receive Video out put from IPoD?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
Off the top of my head I don't have any install shops on Oakland, but here's a shop that does alot of work for us in SF:
Custom Car Alarms
10 South Van Ness
San Francisco, CA 94103

Give them a call & here's some Yelp reviews:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/7EI_JH6nbaYS...%20car%20alarm
How much do they charge, and long does it takes to get it installed? becuase I have dom, a dvd player and usaspec to be installed, but is having problem where to tap/ground. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by MattAKramer
Nick,
Lots of questions so thanks in advance.

I have a question about the HD radio and iPod combo you guys offer. First off I don't care about xm radio, hate the programming, never going to use it.

I would like to have the HD radio with text, iPod control through steering wheel and Nav screen with text. I understand if you hook it up through the XM port you can have text which is great, but how do you distinguish between the HD Radio portion and the iPod portion if both hook up through that?

Is it possible to have both HD Radio and iPod with text on screen AND complete steering wheel/nav screen control? If so please list all the things I need to buy to get it all working.

One last question: Is there anyway to output video without having to use that big cradle? I liked having the option of hiding the ipod away easily.

I will be getting an '06 TL w/Nav on Saturday. Thanks!!!
If you use the XM input you can have both HD radio and iPod with full TEXT and control from the steering wheel and radio. When using any of the DICE kit's preset #5 will let you chose which source you're using. For example, if you have the HD kit you'll press preset 5 then seek up to switch to iPod. Hit seek up again to switch to the AUX IN on the DICE module.

No iPod adapter will play video on you factory NAV screen without some time of video interface. See domofnavwithtv in the Sponsored Sales area for details on that.

TL_Lover07, I'm sure you'd get a better answer if you called the shop.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by uncald4

TL_Lover07, I'm sure you'd get a better answer if you called the shop.
yes, it would be better for me, but right now i think they're close, hehe i was wondering if someone can tell me of how much they got it installed for, because if the price is too high, i'll just wait until my brother install it for me, but since he's lagging for several weeks now, and my navi is not working atm, i want to get it overwith.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Be Yourself: Be Present

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nick@Dice (or anybody that knows),

I have an '08 TSX w/Navi. I am in Canada, though, and we don't have XM built-in. Does that change anything?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered, but I've been periodically following the threads on TL iPod integration since 2006 and the options (and their problems) have all become a bit confusing.

I have a 2006 TL with NAV and XM. Also, I have an iPod Classic (after reading about the problems, I should have stuck with my iPod Photo).

I want basic iPod connectivity; I could survive with a basic AUX jack into my stereo, though it would be nice to power/charge the iPod while in the car. Also, I prefer to control the iPod from itself; controlling it from the steering wheel or Nav screen isn't too important too me. Finally, I'd prefer to keep the XM though I'd be willing to give it up.

Is there a reliable adapter that can provide this functionality?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 04-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Instructor

Mark,

check this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/does-anybody-own-scoozie-176156/
Old 04-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Advanced

Anyone know if any local stores sell the dice unit? Best buy, future shop or any elctronic stores?
Old 04-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Falen
Anyone know if any local stores sell the dice unit? Best buy, future shop or any elctronic stores?
I've not seen a big box store carry any high end interfaces. It's usually the smaller shops that have the customer base for it.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
I used to own a

I just ordered mine - I got it direct from the web site, so I assume that means I'm getting the R4 silverline correct?

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by uncald4
I've not seen a big box store carry any high end interfaces. It's usually the smaller shops that have the customer base for it.
Best Buy sells rebranded Peripheral Electronics PXAMG. It is called iSimple at Best Buy, but the only difference between PXAMG and iSimple is packaging; the actual unit is exactly the same.

See this thread for details:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176156
Old 11-02-2008, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

I have an 04 TSX (with nav, no XM) and I wanted to get the right DICE unit installed. As far as I can tell, I should be getting the R4 unit because it will allow me to continue using my nav? Also I know you've probably been asked this 1000 times but if my TSX didnt come with XM will I be able to get TEXT output with the R4?

I work near Long Beach and I think you guys mentioned you do installations at this address?

3720 Industry Ave Lakewood CA
Old 11-11-2008, 06:50 PM
PSW
ANTHRACITE

Originally Posted by dgilman
Hey Nick@Dice,

Nick@DICE:
I had this same problem except the problem doesn't go away with shutting off the car. I ended up getting a return authorization, had the old one swapped out, and after ONE day of using the new one, the same thing happened again. I called customer service but they were not helpful in diagnosing the problem. Best they could do was to say to wait for a firmware upgrade and swap it out for a 3rd one. Now all I have is an expensive iPOD charger. Why does this problem keep happening?
Old 06-24-2009, 03:35 PM
2nd Gear

DICE with iPhone?

Does DICE work with iPhones?
Old 06-29-2009, 12:13 AM
1st Gear

Hey,
I have a canadian 2004 tl with nav (no xm or aux button). does anyone know if the dice will work on this? and do you just push the cd button twice to activate the ipod?
thx for your help.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 AM
Intermediate

I would be interested to know if this would work. I have a Canadian 05 TL with Nav, No XM or aux.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:12 PM
3rd Gear

as a NOOB, just reading through this thread and found Nick@DICE real helpful. This makes it pretty clear and easy for me to go with DICE instead of USA.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

yee

i think im going to go with the dice i4.. seems like the money is worth saving the hasstle of your music skipping on you.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why are people still buying these units? This is the best product on the market...made by the best customer service I have encountered.
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=22
Old 06-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Instructor

P.s. I have no affiliation with Pac Audio.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Advanced

Old thread. Just wondering if these are the same Dice adapters?

This one is clearly priced way less. Says it works with 04+ TL but I don't want it if it's not as good as the other one.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-DICE-I-HONDA-...item335df8b526

Here's the other one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Dice-iPod-Car-Ada...item53e1dea972

Last edited by d-j-m; 06-13-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Instructor

I would suggest paying $105 from ritz-camera for the upac-hon1. I know it works very well and has no issues.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Pro

Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by natedoggydog
I would suggest paying $105 from ritz-camera for the upac-hon1. I know it works very well and has no issues.
I just bought this from Amazon for $100. I installed it and have 2 big issues:

1) I lost XM (I have a subscription)
2) It doesn't seem to work with my 4th gen iPod Nano?????? - On my iPod, I get a message that says something about external device and "you can disconnect now"? It won't play any songs when trying to control from the iPod OR the radio/steering wheel.

I think I should have gotten the USA Spec or the Dice
Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM
10th Gear

**Edit - I finally got the iPod to work, but I'm still not happy about losing XM. I have a buddy at work with an 05 TL - he said he would be interested in buying it because he doesn't use his XM. I'll probably buy the Dice next week. Once I do and install it, I'll post a comparison.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Instructor

Install it on xm1. Use xm2 for your subscription. my guess is they had your xm installed on one and you connected the ipod to 1 also. What is the version # of the one you bought off amazon. Check pac audios website and call them to update the piece if its an older firmware. A tech will walk you through the process, actually they will do it remotely. Too bad I dont live in cary anymore, I would just come over and do it for you.

Last edited by natedoggydog; 06-19-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:51 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by natedoggydog
Install it on xm1. Use xm2 for your subscription. my guess is they had your xm installed on one and you connected the ipod to 1 also. What is the version # of the one you bought off amazon. Check pac audios website and call them to update the piece if its an older firmware. A tech will walk you through the process, actually they will do it remotely. Too bad I dont live in cary anymore, I would just come over and do it for you.
I tried to install it on xm2, but both xm channels do the same thing. I'll have to check the unit to see what the version # is. I can deal with only using one XM channel - I actually only listen to a few anyway.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
10th Gear

Update - called tech support. Actually, I just need to switch back to the AM/FM, go back to the XM button and turn the tuner knob from iPod > Aux 1 > Aux 2 > XM! Bingo! I'm very happy about this. With this kit, I'm able to use the iPod, keep text AND keep XM. Woo Hoo!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread has been up for some time now and I was wondering which setup people used more and why thy like/dislike it. Just got myself an 05 Tl and i cant wait to start changing items i am going to be using this in correlation with dom's tvandnav2go system. need some advice.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
I installed the USA Spec PA15-HON3 this weekend, and I'm happy with the functionality thus far. It supports full text if you want to control things from the Navi, or you can do full control from the iPhone if you want by switching to Direct mode in which case you lose the full text. You can switch back and forth right from the dashboard. You can keep your XM stations under XM2 as well.