Dice Vs. USAspec

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait so if I dont want to lose the XM there is no way to get text. Then would it be better just to buy the $99 dollar kit vs the $159? Is that what you did beaner? (lol that sounds so racist) Also, how much is it going to run me to have the dealer install it? Does someone have a diy thread on this?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Airline jet aircraft tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick@DICE
Off the top of my head I don't have any install shops on Oakland, but here's a shop that does alot of work for us in SF:
Custom Car Alarms
10 South Van Ness
San Francisco, CA 94103

Give them a call & here's some Yelp reviews:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/7EI_JH6nbaYS...%20car%20alarm
Nick- I have had my Dice adapter with R4 cable installed in my 06 TL with nav- all functions normal. I've decided not to renew my XM subscription. What will I need to do to get the iPod text function with this setup?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by maddog136
Nick- I have had my Dice adapter with R4 cable installed in my 06 TL with nav- all functions normal. I've decided not to renew my XM subscription. What will I need to do to get the iPod text function with this setup?
i think you just need to unplug the XM wire that goes into the Y harness from dice
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Beaner
I don't care about not having the iPod text, after all i should already know what i have downloade in my iPod. How do i change into CD changer Emulation Mode ?
You flip the DIP switches on the DICE module so all 4 are UP. By default they'll be in this position.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Walshstl
Wait so if I dont want to lose the XM there is no way to get text. Then would it be better just to buy the $99 dollar kit vs the $159? Is that what you did beaner? (lol that sounds so racist) Also, how much is it going to run me to have the dealer install it? Does someone have a diy thread on this?
No, the 99 kit is AUX only. With the 159 kit you'll have steering wheel controls and should you ever choose to ditch XM, you'll be able to gain text without purchasing anything new.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by maddog136
Unplug the XM in the trunk and flip the 1st two DIP switches on the DICE module to DOWN. You'll have to have the car off and unplug the DICE module first.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by csmeance
i think you just need to unplug the XM wire that goes into the Y harness from dice
If he didn't have Navi, this would be true. Honda's with Navi and XM have the XM wire bundle tied into the navi, so he'll have to do it from the trunk
Old 10-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Instructor

Hey Nick, I heard somewhere that the Canadian 04s w/Navi (no XM) won't have the text display. Is it true? :|
Old 10-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ball4lyfe
Hey Nick, I heard somewhere that the Canadian 04s w/Navi (no XM) won't have the text display. Is it true? :|
A TL will indeed have text - a TSX would not.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question after reading 7 pages in this thread, or I just missed it. Are there any glitches with the ipod touch? I'm assuming it should be the same as the Iphone, but wanted to make sure before I make my purchase.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:19 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~t~...2520Interfaces

That's a hell of a price drop. Makes me nervous as to problems and them trying to unload them. Only $32 price change on the USA Spec.

Hmm...anybody swear by these things that has used them? (Dice)
Old 10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Trucki!!

Well from the other thread you can see that I just ordered mine for $88 shipped from Cardomain. Dice has been making Apple certified ipod kits for longer than any other company. I would think that their customer service has to be fair. Espically with Nick on here helping us out I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:53 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Nick,

Will the DICE, or rather can the DICE unit be interacted with a device that is used for TV? I want TV and the Ipod intergration in my 06 MT NBP TL and I am searching for the best solution for both. Help if you can please!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Trucki!!

Well the Dice unit has Aux audio, but you need the Dom unit to have a video input. So getting the Dice or Usaspec is just half the battle. There isn't one unit that does both.......
Old 10-17-2007, 04:37 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I ordered mine just now 'Bowski! Good looking out with the coupon!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Sexiest NBP.. inthemaking

Hey Nick,

I just wanted to confirm a couple things before i placed my order for the dice kit.

I have a 2004 Canadian TL w/ Navigation, and with this kit i will be able to play my ipod nano and....

1.Control Ipod through Steering wheel / Radio
2.Have Text Showing on Navigation Screen
3.Have full control from my ipod.. and not have it be disabled
4.Still beable to use my Internal CD player, cd changer/xm will be disabled? correct?

And also could u also pick songs and such using the touchscreen of the Navigation?

Thanks1`
Old 10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by OmeGa101
Hey Nick,

I just wanted to confirm a couple things before i placed my order for the dice kit.

I have a 2004 Canadian TL w/ Navigation, and with this kit i will be able to play my ipod nano and....

1.Control Ipod through Steering wheel / Radio
2.Have Text Showing on Navigation Screen
3.Have full control from my ipod.. and not have it be disabled
4.Still beable to use my Internal CD player, cd changer/xm will be disabled? correct?

And also could u also pick songs and such using the touchscreen of the Navigation?

Thanks1`
Wow, I can't believe I missed this - without further ado....
1. Yes!
2. Yes!
3. If you have the 1st or 2nd gen Nano, Yes! If you have a 3rd gen, then No!
4. Yes! Your internal CD deck remains uneffected.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Racer

The new firmware is done! If you're having buggy issues with your DICE kit, PM me with your address and contact info and I'll send you a beta. Please do this ASAP as beta's will be first come, first serve. Once we receive positive feedback we'll be sending out the new ones to all.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Trucki!!

What position do you guys have the dip switches in? I put all 4 down in the on position like the manual said, but no text on the screen. My screen Says Dice but nothing in the song area.....
Old 10-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by lembowski
What position do you guys have the dip switches in? I put all 4 down in the on position like the manual said, but no text on the screen. My screen Says Dice but nothing in the song area.....
Nevermind found the answer in a different thread. You have to have the 1st 2 down and the 2nd 2 up........even though the manual tells you to have all 4 down to enable text. Urgh
Old 10-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Trucki!!

Ok everything installed, text is working, everything sounds great. Is there a way to have the song name displayed the whole time the song is on? As of now it only displays when the new song comes on for a few seconds........
Old 10-28-2007, 01:49 PM
Racer

Sadly no. The text display is being handled by the radio itself, the DICE kit has no control over it
Old 10-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Racer

Nevermind found the answer in a different thread. You have to have the 1st 2 down and the 2nd 2 up........even though the manual tells you to have all 4 down to enable text. Urgh
Really?!?! I'm gonna have to fix that tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
Instructor

The new firmware is done! If you're having buggy issues with your DICE kit, PM me with your address and contact info and I'll send you a beta. Please do this ASAP as beta's will be first come, first serve. Once we receive positive feedback we'll be sending out the new ones to all.
What is the new FW supposed to fix? I have a few bugs, but I am not sure if they are due to my Ipod being a 3G or something else.
Also, sending new ones to all? Is that everyone that has registered the product with dice? How does that work?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by nalek
What is the new FW supposed to fix? I have a few bugs, but I am not sure if they are due to my Ipod being a 3G or something else.
Also, sending new ones to all? Is that everyone that has registered the product with dice? How does that work?
There is one specific problem that it is addressing. As well, it is capable of working with the new 2008 Honda lineup.

Very few Honda/Acura cars are having a problem during the radio start up process. The Honda radio does not recognize the extra input. This is a very rare problem and has occured about 4 or 5 times in the past 5 months. It happens with almost all aftermarket iPod adapters/AUX adapters on newer Honda cars.

It's time for a new iPod, yes? The 3G iPod are known to have issues with any iPod adapter. They are all "compatible" with the 3G iPod. But..... your functions are sometimes limited and slow.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Racer

Those who are having the start-up problem will get new ones. If you're not expierencing any issues, there's no need to swap it out since the new firmware does not add any features.

Now, as Uncald4 said your iPod is going to cause some problems. It won't start playing by itself, have trouble advancing/rewinding tracks, and may not stop correctly. The 3rd gen didn't have alot of the remote capabilities that later generations had.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Trucki!!

Well I'm pleased with the Dice adapter so far.

Only negative from the USAspec a can see right now is skipping to the next song. I'm used to reaching to the next song/skip button on the cd changer to skip to the next song, but with the Dice it just starts fast forwarding. It works on the skip button on the steering wheel and ipod, but very quirky on the cd player controls. Its just easy to switch that way, gonna take some time to get used to not reaching for that. Cause once you touch that button it won't stop FF......
Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Instructor

I know its about time for me to get a new Ipod, My 3g can still play music though!

But I have a newfound problem that isn't related to the ipod.

I have my Dice installed on SAT mode with text, which works fine- Then i found out my HFL problem was being created by the XM Being unplugged. (See: https://acurazine.com/forums/console-computer-gaming-13/rpm-vs-acl-tonight-8pm-144087/#post1876574 )

So I went to put the DICE in CDC mode (Flipped all jumpers UP), unplugged the battery for a minute, and turned the car on.
I can not find out how to put the car into CDC mode. Was that feature deleted in the 2007 models?
If not, can someone please tell me how to get the DICE to work in this mode? I tried holding the CD Button, and searched through all the menus. Couldnt get it to work, so i flipped it back to SAT mode. and that still worked...
Old 10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Racer

You didn't unplug the DICE kit from the harness first. Do so with the car off for a moment then plug it back in.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Instructor

You didn't unplug the DICE kit from the harness first. Do so with the car off for a moment then plug it back in.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I did unplug the dice and took it into the garage to flip the jumpers. So I dont think that is the problem. Same with flipping it back to SAT mode.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey nick, quick question...

are individuals who currently using the dice product (w/ text display) able to use a video module to install i.e. a back up camera or dvd player?

I currently would like to install the Dice product, have the pirks of text display through disabling XM, etc.. but would also install a back up camera. Your insight on if this is possible would be great!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by gynuine69
hey nick, quick question...

are individuals who currently using the dice product (w/ text display) able to use a video module to install i.e. a back up camera or dvd player?

I currently would like to install the Dice product, have the pirks of text display through disabling XM, etc.. but would also install a back up camera. Your insight on if this is possible would be great!
The DICE kit wouldn't interfere with a video tap - most people on this board go with Dom's video kit. With that and a camera you would hide in your bumper or one attached to your rear license plate you'll be set. There's a link to his stuff at the top of this forum in the A/V FAQ
Old 10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Racer

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I did unplug the dice and took it into the garage to flip the jumpers. So I dont think that is the problem. Same with flipping it back to SAT mode.
Unplug it and flip the DIP switchs down and then back up again with some tweezers or something tiny. Most likely they are not fully up. There is no need to mess with the car battery.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Trucki!!

Well I'm pleased with the Dice adapter so far.

Only negative from the USAspec a can see right now is skipping to the next song. I'm used to reaching to the next song/skip button on the cd changer to skip to the next song, but with the Dice it just starts fast forwarding. It works on the skip button on the steering wheel and ipod, but very quirky on the cd player controls. Its just easy to switch that way, gonna take some time to get used to not reaching for that. Cause once you touch that button it won't stop FF......
Nick any idea about my problem? Once you push the skip button on the USAspec it skipped to the next song and if you held it in it would FF. On the Dice if you push ir or hold it, it does the same thing. And there is no "play" button to stop the FF. You have to just skip to the next song........kinda gets annoying, and its caused my ipod to "lock up" twice, requiring a center button menu reset.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Intermediate

The DICE kit wouldn't interfere with a video tap - most people on this board go with Dom's video kit. With that and a camera you would hide in your bumper or one attached to your rear license plate you'll be set. There's a link to his stuff at the top of this forum in the A/V FAQ

Thanks for the response... not the answer i was hoping for but an answer nonetheless... looks like i am going to have to choose between a back up camera and having an ipod adapter with all the perks. so many toys.. so little space!
Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Unplug it and flip the DIP switches down and then back up again with some tweezers or something tiny. Most likely they are not fully up. There is no need to mess with the car battery.
I will give this a try tonight.
Assuming I get the switches up, what is the correct procedure to switch the stereo into CDC Mode on a 2007? I see no mention of it in the car's manual, Im really wondering if the feature was removed since the MusicLink thing is no longer around, and there is no need for an external changer since there is an internal one.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Trucki!!

Thanks for the response... not the answer i was hoping for but an answer nonetheless... looks like i am going to have to choose between a back up camera and having an ipod adapter with all the perks. so many toys.. so little space!
Even with the video module you need a video line into your navigation screen. I use the Dice now with my reverse camera, the camera has to go to the DOM unit to display the image on the screen. Dice/USAspec/Neo/Blitzsafe/PIE are all audio in only units........there isn't a all in one interface being produced.

The camera and the ipod adapter are completely separate of each other......
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Racer

Hmm? No, I meant to imply that you're NOT going to have any problems. There is no reason why you can't use a video tap kit AND a DICE kit with text display.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Intermediate

Hmm? No, I meant to imply that you're NOT going to have any problems. There is no reason why you can't use a video tap kit AND a DICE kit with text display.

Ahh, yeah, after reading it over again, it made better since. I think I'm going to take a peek in getting both of these installed. I also checked out the external HD mod which looks pretty awesome, but might be over kill for me. Thank god today was payday! time to spend money!

Are there any screenshots of what the interface looks like for the Dice adapter in the Navi screen?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Are there any screenshots of what the interface looks like for the Dice adapter in the Navi screen?
Yes sir! The first page of this thread has pics. https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/dice-ipod-kits-exclusive-buy-acurazine-371815/

Quick Reply: Dice Vs. USAspec