'07 TL Type S iPod adapter

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 TL Type S iPod adapter

Hey could anyone help me out I have an 07 type s with live xm and all that good stuff and i want an ipod adapter and im a little sketched out because i know that some do not work and i also dont really want one that doesnt let me choose songs from the screen...please help
Old 04-25-2010, 06:40 AM
10th Gear

I use a USA Spec iPod adapter in my 2007 Tl Navi. You can see song, artists, playlists on Navi screen and control iPod from steering wheel and dashboard. There is even a mode that allows you to directly use the iPod too. Even works with iPhone.
The best part is that to install you don't have to get into the dash. The connection is in the trunk into the XM receiver. It's hidden up behind a brace behind the DVD navigations unit. You can then route the iPod interface connector to where you want it in the car. That part takes work to get it to the center console. I still just leave the iPod in the trunk and just use the car controls to run it.
Sounds great too.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HondaChuck
I use a USA Spec iPod adapter in my 2007 Tl Navi. You can see song, artists, playlists on Navi screen and control iPod from steering wheel and dashboard. There is even a mode that allows you to directly use the iPod too. Even works with iPhone.
The best part is that to install you don't have to get into the dash. The connection is in the trunk into the XM receiver. It's hidden up behind a brace behind the DVD navigations unit. You can then route the iPod interface connector to where you want it in the car. That part takes work to get it to the center console. I still just leave the iPod in the trunk and just use the car controls to run it.
Sounds great too.
will this also play ipod video through the nav?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
10th Gear

It will not play video.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Intermediate

seems like its the only way to go so i guess im gonna go that way thanks for the help man
Old 04-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You could also try the isimple product. Does the same thing.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Advanced

so the isimple doesn't work on 07-08 TLS' ?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by blak0ut316
seems like its the only way to go so i guess im gonna go that way thanks for the help man
You can also look into the DICE unit.

To play video, you need something like the DOM's unit, or NavTool.

Originally Posted by TontonPoulet
so the isimple doesn't work on 07-08 TLS' ?
Yes, it does. Absolutely.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:50 PM
05 NBP

Sounds great too.
does this work for a 05 non-navi? where did you get it?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 AM
10th Gear

The one I have only works on 07-08 Navi model due to real time traffic. It connects in trunk to the XM unit.
The 04-06 TL's do not have RT traffic and use a different unit which connects behind the dash. I'm not sure if it has the functionality of on screen info.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:24 AM
08 tl type s 6-shift

Sounds great too.
This is the coolest one i have heard. The isimple thing js has too many issues with the controling, especially steering control. and it doesnt show album pics. But the problem is how can I wire it up to the front dash, cuz i am using iphone procilp in the pilot room.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jeffhuangji
This is the coolest one i have heard. The isimple thing js has too many issues with the controling, especially steering control. and it doesnt show album pics. But the problem is how can I wire it up to the front dash, cuz i am using iphone procilp in the pilot room.
One option is to put the USA Spec unit in/under the dash and the iphone jack in the storage compartment. See my post here:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=30
Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

HondaChuck
do you know the model number of the USA Spec iPod adapter you bought?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM
5th Gear

The ISimple is awesome. I just installed it this weekend in my 06 TL with navi. Works perfect and Sounds amazing best purchase Ive made in a long time. But like someone mentioned if you have xm nav traffic then its not compatible. If you dont have nav traffic then it will work fine in your 07 Tl. I didnt even take apart my dash to hook it up. I was able to hook it up through the hole in the bottom right of the drivers seat by the gas peddle using a long screwdriver and a long piece of metal I bent to form a hook and a hanger.. It was a challenge but I finally got it after about an hour and a half.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:42 AM
'17 RDX Tech AWD - WDP

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by skylordusa1
The ISimple is awesome. I just installed it this weekend in my 06 TL with navi. Works perfect and Sounds amazing best purchase Ive made in a long time. But like someone mentioned if you have xm nav traffic then its not compatible. If you dont have nav traffic then it will work fine in your 07 Tl. I didnt even take apart my dash to hook it up. I was able to hook it up through the hole in the bottom right of the drivers seat by the gas peddle using a long screwdriver and a long piece of metal I bent to form a hook and a hanger.. It was a challenge but I finally got it after about an hour and a half.
The iSimple is completely compatible with 07/08 with Nav Traffic. The difference is in the harness that you have to get in order to install it correctly. I had one installed in my 08 MDX with Nav Traffic, and I now have that same unit installed in my 08 TL with Nav Traffic.