Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrong Part Question - 05 TL Rock Auto Rear Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wrong Part Question - 05 TL Rock Auto Rear Motor Mount

My son and I recently ordered a motor and transmission mount replacement parts kit from Rockauto. We got everything replaced (thanks to input from this site) except the rear mount. My son noticed that the rear mount did not have a vacuum line nipple like the front did. Did RA send us the wrong part or does the rear mount not have a nipple (there is just a small hole in the place the nipple is on the front mount).

Thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Most aftermarket mounts don't have a vacuum line I believe.
If you want to buy a mount with vacuum you need to buy OEM or buy aftermarket mounts (separately) that state they have vacuum.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 96 Posts
I'm holding a new OEM rear mount right now and I do see a nipple on the bottom of the mount. Is this the nipple for the vacuum hose? Because the service manual shows the vacuum hose connecting to the U-shaped rear mount stopper that goes over top the mount.

Also how much stuff needs to be removed to pull the mount out the top? Intake, battery and fusebox?
Old 07-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe
I'm holding a new OEM rear mount right now and I do see a nipple on the bottom of the mount. Is this the nipple for the vacuum hose? Because the service manual shows the vacuum hose connecting to the U-shaped rear mount stopper that goes over top the mount.

Also how much stuff needs to be removed to pull the mount out the top? Intake, battery and fusebox?
The nipple at the bottom is indeed for the vacuum hose.

For the front mount just remove the coolant reservoir and the one fan. Careful not to knick the radiator fins with the mount when bringing it up.
For the rear mount all you need to remove is the strut tower bar.
The following users liked this post:
twokexlv6coupe (07-05-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe

There are several videos on Youtube as well as advice on this forum. Search and Google are your friends.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
The nipple at the bottom is indeed for the vacuum hose.

For the front mount just remove the coolant reservoir and the one fan. Careful not to knick the radiator fins with the mount when bringing it up.
For the rear mount all you need to remove is the strut tower bar.

Awesome thanks. Rear mount only took about an hour and half yesterday, in some blistering heat, not bad I don't think.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:14 AM
Cruisin'

I appreciate the responses and feedback but need to rephrase my original question.

I ordered a transmission and engine mount from Rockauto. The original front and rear engine mounts on my sons 2005 TL have nipples for attaching vacuum lines. The mounts I received from Rockauto, the front had a nipple on it, the rear did not (it had a round plate on the bottom with a hole in it). Can anyone who has ordered a similar kit from Rockauto tell me if they got front and rear mounts with nipples or was one sans nipple? I am wanting to avoid pulling the rear mount if I received the wrong one or does it not matter and I should just plug the vacuum line.

Thanks for advice/feedback in advance.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by Preout
I appreciate the responses and feedback but need to rephrase my original question.

I ordered a transmission and engine mount from Rockauto. The original front and rear engine mounts on my sons 2005 TL have nipples for attaching vacuum lines. The mounts I received from Rockauto, the front had a nipple on it, the rear did not (it had a round plate on the bottom with a hole in it). Can anyone who has ordered a similar kit from Rockauto tell me if they got front and rear mounts with nipples or was one sans nipple? I am wanting to avoid pulling the rear mount if I received the wrong one or does it not matter and I should just plug the vacuum line.

Thanks for advice/feedback in advance.
Plug the vacuum, it's the proper mount, just most aftermarket mounts don't have a vacuum nipple for the rear mount.
The following users liked this post:
Preout (07-06-2018)