3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows up, roof close, from Fob (DIY + pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 04:14 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kpierson: how many wires do we have tapped into?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:28 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

nevermind answer my own question:
The module mounts in the drivers door, requires five wire splices (no cutting of wires is necesarry), and comes with a 'no questions asked' warranty.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
FYI guys,
KP is running a group buy for these on a popular generation 7 accord forum page. I just ordered a window controller from there.

Can't wait to get it installed
Why don't you let us know what this popular accord website is so we can check it out
Old 04-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is also a group buy section in the KPtechnologies support forum that has info.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Trucki!!

Wow kpierson is offering a great group buy if any one is interested

http://gen7accord.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2129

Hell we could do well over the 26 units he wants to get it down to $33 from $49. I registered over at gen7accord.net to get into this group buy, come over for the group buy guys so we can have good savings!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

Also got into the group buy a couple hours ago. Was gonna post here too.. but lembowski beat me to it. Com'on, join the group buy, this is the time for a cheap mod.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:34 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by waacow
Also got into the group buy a couple hours ago. Was gonna post here too.. but lembowski beat me to it. Com'on, join the group buy, this is the time for a cheap mod.
Yeah, I'm in too... Hence my previous post above. I didn't want to post the actual GB site, as this forum seems to be a little sensitive to "unsupporting vendors". I figured you guys would put 2 and 2 together.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice mod...always wondered why acura didnt do this!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:46 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

probably due to safety and lawsuit
Old 05-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
welcome to the forums, and thanks for supporting us kpierson!
Old 05-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
The thread is back! It went missing for a few days. I think kpierson should start a new thread, since this one is a DIY not specific for his module. Just
Old 05-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by datmrman
The thread is back! It went missing for a few days. I think kpierson should start a new thread, since this one is a DIY not specific for his module. Just
This was stolen off www.gen7accord.com , but this diy was done on a TSX so I assume Acura has the same wire colors for a TL. By the way datmrman, why don't you order the module so we can get it for cheaper!!!! moda_way originally posted this diy, so props to him or her

Alright, I've finally had some time to write up the install for the Window up Module offered by KPTechnologies that I installed on my 04 TSX.

Just a quick recap... this module allows us to use our fobs to lock the car with the windows down and with a second click on the lock button, the windows will go up automatically.

What is involved
1. A KPTechnologies Window up module for the Accord/TSX
2. Some basic solidering skills
3. A solidering tool
4. Black Tap
5. Large flathead wrapped with electrical tap or panel removal tool
6. #1 Phillips head screwdriver
7. Electic wire strippers

Follow the directions for taking the door off in the DIY area. It is very simple, roll the window down, remove 3 screws (1 under the grip on the armrest, 2 behind the door handle), take off the molding behind the side mirror, and then pop the tabs holding the panel on the door. Next unhook the door lever cable. Finally disconnect the window module wire connection and power mirror connection.

Here's how the install went

1. Expose the wires in the loom that sits behind the speaker cut-out.
2. Wire the KPTechnologies module to the Acura wires (should not cut the wires, merely strip them and solider the KPTech wires, then wrap with black eletrical tape)
12 Volts (RED) to the Acura Green/White
Ground (BLACK) to the Acura Black

Ignition (YELLOW) to the Acura Yellow
Lock Actuator (BLUE) to the Acura Yellow/Black

Now go to the larger loom of wires on the power window connection. The loom goes into the door, I recommend running the KPTech Green wire along the same path to so you get a cleaner install.

Lock Cylinder (GREEN) to the Acura White/Red

To test, reconnect the window switch to test. Make sure to close the door, unlock with the fob and roll all the windows down. Click to lock the doors and click again, waiting 5 seconds. Your windows should roll up all the way. If you want, you can click a 3rd time and the window will stop.

Here is a link to the video I took after we finished (cut and paste into browser).

http://kptechnologies.com/winmodpics...w_Up%20013.avi

After you've completed the test, I suggest you zip tie the module on the loom to the left of the speaker cut out.

Reinstall the door panel making sure to reconnect everything. Don't forget to clip the piece on the inner door handle cable (white/translucent piece on the cable). I did and you'll find yourself stuck in the car.

That's it!!

This module uses simple sends a signal to the window module just like it would recieve from us using the key to close the windows, so it is merely doing the same thing, which makes it that much better of a mod!!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Racer

Thats funny, I didn't even realize that this was the other guys thread! We will start a new one. In the meantime, the group buy is still going on at: http://forums.gen7accord.net/viewtopic.php?t=2129

Thank you for the welcome, glad we could work this out!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to hijack, forgive me. Just placed an order.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
Not to hijack, forgive me. Just placed an order.

Great now it looks like we only need 1 or 2 more for the price to drop again!! Lets do this guys, this is a really cheap mod fixing a problem that we have all heard complaints about.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by kpierson
Thats funny, I didn't even realize that this was the other guys thread! We will start a new one. In the meantime, the group buy is still going on at: http://forums.gen7accord.net/viewtopic.php?t=2129

Thank you for the welcome, glad we could work this out!
Hi and welcome to forums as one of our newest vendors.

When you start your new thread, please post it in the Sponsored Sales & Group Buys Forum. and then you can post the link to your new thread in this thread.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:40 PM
Trucki!!

Opened the mailbox and looky looky what I got......

Thanks kpierson!

Waacow pm me when you see this so we can plan on when to install these bad boys. Datmrman you can watch too
Old 05-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Safety Car

Dom TVandNav2Go group buy... USA Spec PA11-HON2.... Kpierson's auto window up.. A-Spec kit.. Comtech RSB.. ahh! decisions.

Dammit lembowski! You and your cool mods

Yes. PM me please when you do the install.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Trucki!!

Dom TVandNav2Go group buy... USA Spec PA11-HON2.... Kpierson's auto window up.. A-Spec kit.. Comtech RSB.. ahh! decisions.

Dammit lembowski! You and your cool mods

Yes. PM me please when you do the install.
You need to start with the A-Spec and the RSB! Doms converter can wait, and your only saving like $20-25 on this piece. Does Waacow have a soldering gun? Mine started smoking when I plugged it in to test it......
Old 05-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think I am going to order this. The only question I have is... What if the windows and sunroof are already closed and you press the lock button twice? Will it just cancel itself or does it still send current to the windows motors for a preset amount of time? Or is it just triggering the auto up feature already built into the car and I assume the car already has an over current limit switch that shuts off the auto up feature when holding the key in the door. The reason I ask is because sometimes I leave the headlights on and then I press the button twice to shut off the lights and doing this with the windows already up is going to trigger the auto up feature.

Will
Old 05-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Racer

Will,

The KPtechnologies module does not drive any motor directly. The module sends a signal to the BCM and the BCM closes the windows and sunroof if necesarry. The motors will not run if either are already in the closed position. The OEM anti pinch system is in full effect.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Racer

Kevin,
Hey, I had your module in my 350Z when I think you first started out. It was extremely useful and anow here I am thinking of ordering again.

I guess I just have the same question someone already asked but I just want to make sure: on a 2005 TL, it will close both the windows and the sunroof?
Also, since on the TL we need to press the button twice to lock the car, what if we want to keep the windows open? Do we just press the button three times?

Also, for anyone who has installed this, where do you put the unit? Over the white plastic? The Z's door panel was open and had a lot of room but seems like its more cramped in the TL.

Anyone doing this install take pictures of opening the door and stuff. Help the others out. Once these questions get answered I'll join in on the groupbuy.This mod is very useful in the summer.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Racer

I actually, let me add:has any 3G TL owner actually installed this and had it work perfectly and are the wire colors the same as in the instructions?
Old 05-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kpierson
Will,

The KPtechnologies module does not drive any motor directly. The module sends a signal to the BCM and the BCM closes the windows and sunroof if necesarry. The motors will not run if either are already in the closed position. The OEM anti pinch system is in full effect.
Thanks. I just placed my order via paypal. Also might be getting your automatic "ok" button soon. I am really getting tired of pressing that ok screen.

Will

PS. I will take detailed pictures of the entire process and give step by step instructions once I receive mine.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Safety Car

I'm in too. Payment sent.

For those that want to follow the group buy, here is the thread for Acurazine:
https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/kptechnologies-remote-window-up-module-group-buy-338499/
Old 05-05-2006, 02:29 AM
TL Loverrrrrrr

BTW, got mine unit today from KP. There is what it looks like:

Old 05-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Racer

There have been several TL owners who have successfully installed this module. You are correct, if you want to leave the windows down you would push the button three times. You can also leave the windows vented by waiting until they are almost all the way up to hit the lock button the 3rd time. For those of you who don't know, hitting the lock button on the remote at any time while the windows are going up remotely will stop them immediately. This is a safety/convenenience feature.

This module mounts inside the door, typically by wiretying it around the harness in the door.

It is important to secure the module up a little, and to NOT let it sit in the bottom of the door, as it is possible for water to get to the unit that way. It is also a good idea to have the wire harness facing straight down, so water doesn't drip in to it. So far, we have only had one unit damaged by water, and we replaced it under warranty.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
I actually, let me add:has any 3G TL owner actually installed this and had it work perfectly and are the wire colors the same as in the instructions?
Directions on wire color are not the same as in the directions provided on the accord. But I provided a diy a page ago that states the colors on a TSX, which will be the same as the TL. Datmrman and I will take pictures as soon as I install mine. Either this weekend or early next week.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Ordering question

If I order it today from www.kptechnologies.net will I get it for $59.99 or cheaper.
I have a 2004 tl, as I understand with this module by pressing the lock button twice all the open window will go up including the sunroof(if it was open).
The reason is because I also see thru the same website a module for Remote Sunroof Control $99.99.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Trucki!!

Originally Posted by marjels
If I order it today from www.kptechnologies.net will I get it for $59.99 or cheaper.
I have a 2004 tl, as I understand with this module by pressing the lock button twice all the open window will go up including the sunroof(if it was open).
The reason is because I also see thru the same website a module for Remote Sunroof Control $99.99.
The price right now is $33 shipped, go over to this thread. All you need to do is send the required $ to the paypal account found in this thread and you will be taken care of. Ask any more questions you may have over there and I'm sure kpierson will help you out!
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338499
Old 05-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Racer

I may be missing something but why aren't you just using a DEI 530T module? Which adds auto up/down and can be remoted to drop and/or raise 2 windows
Old 05-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Safety Car

Would the DEI 530T require you to use a different FOB?

KPierson's module is stated to simulate sticking the key in and turning to put all windows and sunroof up.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Racer

The sunroof module you see on our site is designed for G35 coupe sunroof control. It will not work on any other car. The G35 does not have any remote sunroof features from the factory. That module adds both remote open and close.

On the TL, when you raise the windows with the window module it closes the sunroof also. Its kind of a side effect.

Originally Posted by marjels
Old 05-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Racer

Would the DEI 530T require you to use a different FOB?

KPierson's module is stated to simulate sticking the key in and turning to put all windows and sunroof up.
The 530T is very limited it its application. It can not be triggered from an OEM alarm without purchasing additional parts. Also, the 530T will not work with cars that have windows that drop when you open the door (not sure if Honda/Acura vehicles have this feature, but Nissan/Infinitis do).

The 530T require cutting a bunch of wires and is a much more involved install. If you buy a 530T from an authorized dealer you're going to pay a descent amount for it (~$75).

The KPtech unit integreates seamlessly in to the car with no additional parts. It provides total control over the remote window operation (only raises the windows when you tell it to, and can stop them at any time from the OEM remote). It installs easily without cutting any wires. Oh, and with this group buy its only $32.99 shipped!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:50 PM
My Daily Driver

OK, question. With the unlock windows down feature, you have to hold the unlock button down until the windows are all the way down or whenever you want them to stop. From what i've read it seems that the roll up feature automatically rolls the windows up without having to hold the button for the duration, correct?
Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Racer

You press the button twice, and the windows will start to go up (after a short delay). If you press the lock button a third time the windows will stop. We have found this much more reliable then holding the button down, which is a good thing, because we don't have the ability to reac the remotes output!
Old 05-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
So if I understand this correctly, we can leave our windows and/or sunroof cracked to where we want them, exit the car, push the lock button once and the car is locked but the windows won't move. If we push the lock button twice, all windows will close. Am I right?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Yep, that's right. I just saw the post from CKcentral in the other thread. I just missed out on the group buy. KP, any plans on another?
Old 05-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Racer

As soon as we get all these orders shipped we will be offering a special pricing on these modules. We will do another group buy, but not for a few months. Its going to take a few days this week just to get things straightened out on this one!!!

Thank you again to everyone who participated in this group buy!
Old 05-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Burning Brakes

i want one. how much?

Quick Reply: Windows up, roof close, from Fob (DIY + pics)