3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows Roll Down? Anybody Have This Problem??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 05:22 PM
people die violently.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Windows Roll Down? Anybody Have This Problem??

It`s Been One Month Since I Bought My 05 Tl. I Already Have Like 2000 Miles On It, Not One Single Problem Untill Now. I Noticed Sometimes When I Lock My Doors And When I Come Back To My Car After Few Hours My Windows Are Rolled Down About Halfway. Sometimes It Rolls Down Very Tiny Bit. So I Stood Right Next To The Car And Locked The Door And Waited For 20 Mins To See If It Rolls Down. Well It Didn`t. Once I Went To Grocery Store And Came Back And My Windows Again Were Halfway Down. So I Took It To Dealer And Found Out That The Car Has Automatic Roll Down When You Push The Unlocked Button Twice And Rolls Up When You Stick The Key And Turn Toward Lock Position Twice. The Service Guy Told Me That When It`s In My Pocket It Might Be Press Down On Unlocked Button, But I Noticed It Only Does It When Your Near The Car. I Live In An Apartment So Iam Pretty Far Away From The Car... Still Have No Clue Why It Does This... Iam Going To Give It A Few More Weeks And Watch My Keys And See If It Repeats...

Anybody Have Same Problem? Or Knew The Power Remote Window Roll Down And Up Exists?

Thanks Guys!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Imo... you have to figure out if your remote is the factor...

A few ppl did find out they "did" hit the remote multiple times and hold it for a while, therefore, the windows are down a little bit.

If you're not sure your situation, later you could try to remotely lock your doors and make sure all windows are up, then walk away from your car with the key on hand. Then, you will know if your remote plays any tricks to you in next morning...
Old 02-22-2005, 05:51 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05ACURATL
It`s Been One Month Since I Bought My 05 Tl. I Already Have Like 2000 Miles On It, Not One Single Problem Untill Now. I Noticed Sometimes When I Lock My Doors And When I Come Back To My Car After Few Hours My Windows Are Rolled Down About Halfway. Sometimes It Rolls Down Very Tiny Bit. So I Stood Right Next To The Car And Locked The Door And Waited For 20 Mins To See If It Rolls Down. Well It Didn`t. Once I Went To Grocery Store And Came Back And My Windows Again Were Halfway Down. So I Took It To Dealer And Found Out That The Car Has Automatic Roll Down When You Push The Unlocked Button Twice And Rolls Up When You Stick The Key And Turn Toward Lock Position Twice. The Service Guy Told Me That When It`s In My Pocket It Might Be Press Down On Unlocked Button, But I Noticed It Only Does It When Your Near The Car. I Live In An Apartment So Iam Pretty Far Away From The Car... Still Have No Clue Why It Does This... Iam Going To Give It A Few More Weeks And Watch My Keys And See If It Repeats...

Anybody Have Same Problem? Or Knew The Power Remote Window Roll Down And Up Exists?

Thanks Guys!
I've used the remote window down feature a couple of times and find that it is a little tricky. I either don't press the unlock button as many times as is needed to open the windows or I don't hold it long enough. The windows only go down as long as you're holding the button. A momentary tap on the button will only open them a crack, compared to holding the button for a few seconds while they go all the way down. Also, the moonroof should open when the windows open. Is yours doing this, too, or is it just the windows? Is it all the windows and are they all open about the same amount each time?

Weird problem. It would suck to have this happening in rainy weather.

PS: It's rather difficult to read your post when you capitalize the first letter of every word.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
The windows will roll down and the moonroof will open as long as the keyfob button is depressed. The windows will go down about 3-4" before the moonroof starts to open. Maybe they designed it this way so you can crack the windows a little without opening the sunroof at all.

You have to push the keyfob button once to unlock, and then press it again and hold it down for the windows to open.

I found a trick the other day waiting for the wife to finish shopping. If the key is in the ignition, but only in accessory, not the on position, and you decide to roll all the windows down, you can do the same procedure as outside the car. But if the key is in the ON position, this will not work. And you can never use the keyfob to close the windows.

Maybe He Composes His Replies On A Word Worksheet And Has The Options Set to Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word. I am not on a word worksheet and it is a pain in the butt doing it this way, so there must be an easier way to mess with our minds.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:50 PM
people die violently.

lol! sorry about the typing the words! i don`t know why my computer did that.

yes the sunroof does open as well. my problem is that iam so far away from the car and still after few hours window roll down halfway or tiny bit sometimes. it is rainy right now in LA so far havent came down yet during raining! wonder if they will! i will be scerwed!
Old 02-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Remote or not remote? It's easy to figure out what's wrong and who should be blamed for.

1. Remote lock, then "nip" your key and make sure your doors/windows all locked well, walk away. Don't touch your remote again unless you are far away from your car.

Or

2. There are 4 ways to lock doors. (Remote transmitter, door lock switch, lock tab, and key) Don't touch the remote, use other 3.

Come back hours late, and see if your doors are open or not.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 PM
2005 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi

WOW!!! I must have missed that in the manual...I guess i should go back and (RTFM)

Boy do i feel stupid, I've been here for almost 3 yrs.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Intermediate

05ACURATL, have a look at this thread. I haven't had any problems since those posts, but I will tell you that my fob works from pretty far away, so be careful.

oidvoid
Old 02-23-2005, 02:28 AM
Yeah, its STOCK!!!

well, one way to find out if its the remote or not is to check the sunroof and see if that opens up too! if the sun roof opens along with your windows, then you're definately hitting the buttons!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:33 AM
people die violently.

I Have Read The Manual Over And Over. But Still Waiting And Watching My Keys To See If I Hit Buttons.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the person who delivered your car did not inform you of all the features and you should ding the dealership for it... A suggestion about the items to go over when someone takes delivery of their new car.

I guess some people are remotely challenged!!! LOL...
Old 02-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Burning Brakes

05AcuraTL: This feature has been described in the manual book. It's a function built within your key-emote.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

I'd recommend using the other remote for a few days or removing the battery from the one you are currently using to see if the problem disappears. Chances are the buttons are being pushed accidentally (my doors lock & unlock sometimes when the key & remote are in my pocket while I wash the car) or the buttons themselves are sticking.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Intermediate

Capitalization

05ACURATL,

I don't want to start a flame war, but given that your first post was in initial caps, and your second was all lowercase, I think you should just admit that you are confused about when to capitalize

Here is a short review: A Little Help with Capitals

Cheers,

Jason
Old 02-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Angry

Originally Posted by 05ACURATL
I Have Read The Manual Over And Over. But Still Waiting And Watching My Keys To See If I Hit Buttons.
I don't know what's wrong with your car, but you should be able to DIY and test what's wrong with it and tell us something else besides "windows roll down". Thank You.

You could either stop using REMOTE or use another remote, then you would know if REMOTE is the factor...
Old 02-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Racer

"nip"?

please explain... since I am thinking that you mean to tap the bugger twice to get the little chirp
Old 02-23-2005, 06:45 PM
viz
10th Gear

Hi,
I actually experienced the same thing. It was the weird!
You're not the only one. I'm sort of paranoid now because I was positive I closed all the windows. I must have held onto the remote unlock too long?
Anyways, i'll let you know if it happens again.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Yoda117
"nip"?

please explain... since I am thinking that you mean to tap the bugger twice to get the little chirp
You tap the LOCK button twice to get the confirming chirp.

If you tap the UNLOCK button twice, nothing will happen because you have to hold it down the second time to open the windows, and a tap won't do it.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:20 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by Ron A
You tap the LOCK button twice to get the confirming chirp.

If you tap the UNLOCK button twice, nothing will happen because you have to hold it down the second time to open the windows, and a tap won't do it.
As mine is set up, one tap of the unlock will unlock just the driver's door. A second tap unlocks the remaining doors. Press and hold after the first two taps opens the windows and moonroof. So, in my case, to open the windows and moonroof, I have to tap-tap-hold on the remote.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:27 AM
people die violently.

thanks for the help guys! and yes the salesperson did not go over many features! I think it was because i bought it when they were about to close! well so far no window have came down! good news i guess. im still waiting...
Old 02-24-2005, 12:28 AM
people die violently.

JASON FUNNY!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bluenoise
As mine is set up, one tap of the unlock will unlock just the driver's door. A second tap unlocks the remaining doors. Press and hold after the first two taps opens the windows and moonroof. So, in my case, to open the windows and moonroof, I have to tap-tap-hold on the remote.
As I always do when I find something new, I go and check it out.

I found that when it is set up as you said, if I press it once the driver's door only will unlock, and if I press it again and hold it down, the remaining doors will unlock AND the windows and moonroof will open. This occurs on the same second push as it does when the setting is to unlock all doors.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:47 AM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by Ron A
As I always do when I find something new, I go and check it out.

I found that when it is set up as you said, if I press it once the driver's door only will unlock, and if I press it again and hold it down, the remaining doors will unlock AND the windows and moonroof will open. This occurs on the same second push as it does when the setting is to unlock all doors.

Cool! That will save me a little of the fumbling with it when the weather gets hot again. I found the tap-tap-hold to be finicky. It seemed it has a narrow window of timing or else it doesn't work. Eliminating the second tap should make it easier.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Advanced

Also make sure you don't have something else in your pocket that might be hitting the button twice as you walk away. I've had problems on other cars remote keys where I had something in my pocket hit the panic button just the right way to set off the alarm once in a blue moon. Just an idea.