3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What action do you hate the most from the passengers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 03:28 PM
2004 Acura TL

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
1) I cant stand when my girlfriend does her make up in the car, then touches the door and gets make up all over it, it drives me crazy.

2) When people shuffle their feet and move the floor mat
Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
1. Honking my horn... thats like a reverse reach around of some sort...smfh
2. When opening the door...cant get it all the way..uses foot to push the door out more..Lazy ____.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Engineer in Training

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by eLeXkUpe
2. When opening the door...cant get it all the way..uses foot to push the door out more..Lazy ____.
omfg, when they do this I yell HEY! then give them the death stare and don't say a word until they realize what they've done.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:06 PM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Originally Posted by eLeXkUpe
Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 PM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
Passengers? No one rides in my car.

Only the wifey and kid, but they know how I am about my car. No problems here.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceja
When they blame my car for being a piece of shit because they don't know how to play the door game.
lmao it took me a year to master that game. now i open it, sneak right in and when i plop down the door shuts. its like magic

Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
sometimes I'll forget my phone or iPod and go to reach in and the door hits me in the ass, like it wants me to drive.

TL says "Get in loser, we're going driving!"
haha that happens to me i always forget my phone!

some things that bother me::

im a chick. so i have a handbag that i place in the pass seat... if im picking you up, it really bothers me that when i pick it up and then place it back down next to their lap they put it on the floor. YOUR DIRTY SHOES go there. my friends are good with this, new comers not so much.

when people who im meeting for the first time sit in my backseat .. in the middle.. blinding my view of whats behind me in my rear view. if its a guy.. even worse. He now thinks im creepily taking glances at him every minute or two and continues to look at me through the mirror. awk sauce.

and another. placing objects on my hood, trunk, roof. i get it, i do it too but im CAREFUL and its never metal. the sound of metal clinking onto my car makes me cringe. ...

^ ^ ^ also, if ever leaning, YOUR DAMN BUTTONS ON YOUR JEANS. -_-
The following users liked this post:
sauceja (06-24-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
I like turtles

Received 186 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Arosemore07
lmao it took me a year to master that game. now i open it, sneak right in and when i plop down the door shuts. its like magic

haha that happens to me i always forget my phone!

some things that bother me::

im a chick. so i have a handbag that i place in the pass seat... if im picking you up, it really bothers me that when i pick it up and then place it back down next to their lap they put it on the floor. YOUR DIRTY SHOES go there. my friends are good with this, new comers not so much.

when people who im meeting for the first time sit in my backseat .. in the middle.. blinding my view of whats behind me in my rear view. if its a guy.. even worse. He now thinks im creepily taking glances at him every minute or two and continues to look at me through the mirror. awk sauce.

and another. placing objects on my hood, trunk, roof. i get it, i do it too but im CAREFUL and its never metal. the sound of metal clinking onto my car makes me cringe. ...

^ ^ ^ also, if ever leaning, YOUR DAMN BUTTONS ON YOUR JEANS. -_-
What action do you hate the most from the passengers?-hx179.png
The following 3 users liked this post by IamaTL:
Healingduck (06-22-2012), TheLowLife (06-25-2012), Undying Dreams (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 PM
**The Catfish**

Received 549 Likes on 440 Posts
^i have no clue what that is???!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Advanced

lmao i got it. its a review mirror hahaha
Old 06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Memes! Finding their way into everyday life.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
I like turtles

Received 186 Likes on 126 Posts
im sorry for that
Old 06-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
It's all good man
Old 06-24-2012, 02:28 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by turbo_oxide
^-- you okay there, buddy? deep breaths.
Oh yea, I'm not done.

The "helper" drivers who are control freaks who forget they are not driving... They do the loud gasp and AHHHH! When they suddenly see an approaching vehicle coming close and fast (that I've silently been eyeing 1/4 of a mile away) Then you get freaked and flinch too because you think something else is coming at you from a different direction that you missed. And then you realize it's the same object/vehicle you saw all along. Or how about when leaning forward to cross heavy traffic and get a view for an opening, then you have the passenger doing the same trying to "help".....Hello? You're not the one driving, by the way, your HEAD is in the way? They usually get a clothesline to the neck.

I don't like the visor kept down after I've parked because someone was checking their makeup/hair. Put it back up when you're done. Pretty easy. A couple of my ex's actually would sit there in fear of doing anything that would make me say "Don't XXX". lol. What can I say, yes it's true. Some people even rather take their car than mine because of my rules. And we'd end up arguing because it might mean parking my car in a shady place I don't want it to be, lol. For people who think their car is an appliance, they'll never get it.

I'm as nice and laid back as can be in most situations in life. The exception is when it comes to the car. One of those things I've listed happens almost everytime someone else joins for a ride. So it's happened 1000s of times. You get sensitive after awhile.

Truth is, I need a second vehicle, that's will be the cure. I bought a bike last year instead. Love it, but I'm thinking about going back to the original plan and buying a beater. An SUV I can drive/commute/snow-driving/go shopping with with 80% of the time and trash like a go-kart. And keep this baby safe in the garage. I'll be a nicer guy to my passengers too I'm sure.

You can't have a really nice car as a primary driver. Lesson learned.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
I am so glad ^^^ there are more ODC people out there about their vehicles.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 AM
**The Catfish**

Received 549 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceja
I am so glad ^^^ there are more ODC people out there about their vehicles.

+1 i dont feel so bad anymore!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:47 PM
2004 NBP TL 6MT

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Keeping interior clean I think helps because people comment on it and I think feel intimidated. So they usually behave and don't make a mess while in there.

I don't mind my wife warming her butt up, climate or radio controls, it's what it's there for and she's my co-pilot anyhow. Heck, she has me trained now to warm the seat up for her prior to her entry. I enjoy road trips with her and it makes me feel good when I look over and see she's comfortable (usually passed out within 30 min). She knows how OCD I am with cars and I maintain/clean her car as well, so she respects mine.
The following 2 users liked this post by HondaFan81:
Acura_Dude (06-25-2012), Deelow (10-28-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by rockyfeller

The "helper" drivers who are control freaks who forget they are not driving... They do the loud gasp and AHHHH! When they suddenly see an approaching vehicle coming close and fast Then you get freaked and flinch too because you think something else is coming at you from a different direction that you missed.
my mother is the queen of this. Every time she gets in my car we fight, no exaggeration. There has never been a time where shes been in any of my vehicles where we dont end up fighting. She does EVERYTHING on this entire thread. Because of this, ive made a secret rule to myself that she's only MY passenger once a year. any more than that and i'd ..
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate it when passengers have their key chain on their back jeans and end up scratching my baby (TL). >
Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 AM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
When they smoke in my car without asking! Rage!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I hate it when people fiddle with the windows and seem to never close them fully. I just don't always think to monkey with the window controls to close all the windows since I'm not messing with them to begin with. It hits me when I'm on the freeway and it seems unusually loud- my work friends appear to love to leave the windows with a 1/8" opening that is hard to visually notice.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
I recently had someone start clipping their fingernails in the back seat. Yuk. You going to hawk up a lugi and spit on the floor too?
Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraCake
No one that rides in my car knows how to unlock the door when we get somewhere, they always pull the little stick up.

When someone gets in the passenger seat and they lean their leg on the handbrake, then I have to touch their leg to let it down.
lol i can relate
Old 10-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 233 Posts
A buddy decided to use my trunk as a table to rest his tall boy on last night..

People leaning on my car pisses me off too
Old 10-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
I hate it when the slam they
:Slam the doors
:puke while I'm driving
AND WHEN THEY MESS WITH MY RADIO!!! because they don't like my music selection.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by jkopuffs
When they smoke in my car without asking! Rage!!!!
This sounds like an easy way to get booted to the side of the road.

Same with weed, or open alcohol. If I see you with it in my car, either it's gone or you're gone.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree with about everything here.

My personal 2 biggest:
1. Touching my damn RADIO!! OMG!! Like someone else, I used to be a deejay years ago and my car is like the booth/stage, don't touch it. If you don't like my music, put headphones in or STFU. LOL.
2. Continuously talking. Seriously, I don't know about any of you, but I like driving a lot. I specifically like being in control and concentrating on my driving and my music. Don't ramble on about stuff you're reading about on facebook, or try showing me some picture or video while I'm driving 70 mph on the interstate in traffic. It's annoying and unsafe. I don't mind good conversation, but not while I'm driving and listening to music. Music OR talking, not both.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
scratching door handle area with freaking nails

slamming shut door

closing the door from the outside by paint (the door handle is there for you to use!! whether opening or closing)

leaning on paint

closing trunk by the paint (there is a hole so you can put your hand in gosh)

leaving their trash tucked somewhere in the car (i'd love my sister if she didn't do this)

riding with dirt/leaves/snow/whatever other than themselves and personal belongings.

messing with a/c, DO NOT CHANGE MODE. change your damn temp. that's your side.

backseat a/c controller "i'm too cold" "i'm too hot" well get used to it -_-

OMG SLOW DOWN, why are you going 25 in 30, etc. you drive, bitch.

body odor. fcuk.

hanging on the front seat from the backseat

sticking their feet under my ass and wiggling

eating crusty food (chips, cheetos, etc)

touching glass and leaving fingerprints (you're not katy perry do not touch)

the rear middle passenger blocks rear view. i keep telling them my car is 4 passenger they don't believe me :/

barfing -____-

singing along my favorite song.

not giving me food/sleeping in passenger seat on a long road trip.

"are we there yet?"

trying to get out before i even shift to Park. just wait the F up and door opens.
(includes pulling the pin out or repeatedly abusing door handle)

passenger touching sun roof

Last edited by 4drviper; 10-28-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Deelow
I agree with about everything here.

My personal 2 biggest:
1. Touching my damn RADIO!! OMG!! Like someone else, I used to be a deejay years ago and my car is like the booth/stage, don't touch it. If you don't like my music, put headphones in or STFU. LOL.
2. Continuously talking. Seriously, I don't know about any of you, but I like driving a lot. I specifically like being in control and concentrating on my driving and my music. Don't ramble on about stuff you're reading about on facebook, or try showing me some picture or video while I'm driving 70 mph on the interstate in traffic. It's annoying and unsafe. I don't mind good conversation, but not while I'm driving and listening to music. Music OR talking, not both.
Lmao couldn't agree more with your #2. I use to get in tons of arguments with my ex girlfriend because she would ramble on about random shit and she would think I was ignoring her because I was focused on my driving. Some people just don't understand
Deelow (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Touching my DANM RADIO and using their foot to finish opening the door..then wonder why I don't pick them up anymore.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
And talking on and on abt nothing. Like someone else said.
Deelow (10-29-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
oh yea leaving trash/ empty bottles and drinks in my door panel / cup holder...
Deelow (10-29-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
The damn doors man, my family understands the doors, but it's the friends who doesn't understand, they SLAM EM HARD!!!

Grinds my GEARS!!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
door slamming, opening door and resting it on the other car (yes this happened once...after i said....watch the doors!!!!!!!! ), tracking dirty shoes into the car, touching the windows, dripping sweat in the car, yanking on the door handle as i'm unlocking the door....dragging shoes or crap along the plastic interior trim pieces of the car...

makes me wonder who the hell all your friends are who think it's ok to go into someone else's car and start messing with stuff. my friends and family don't do that kind of stuff. the rule in my mind is: the driver is in charge of all the buttons so it's driver's discretion (even more so if they own the car). it's called respecting other people's stuff. if you wanna mess with stuff ask.
^Good one.

A good remedy for these kinds of situations: If you roll with a group of 2 or 3 friends, "Train" one with the responsibility of being your co-pilot. My buddy Lee is my co-pilot. We have the same taste in music, and he shows respect for my personal belongings, especially my cars, and checks my right blind spot when merging onto roads out of gas stations etc. It's also funny when people fight over the front seat, I just snap a quick "ya right, you're not my co-pilot biatch!". Good times :P

My biggest peeve is doors though. Anything. Slamming them, opening them and blasting another car in a parking lot, using your foot to help you push the door open when lazy fat weak ass is getting out, etc.
Deelow (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 07:16 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
my solution for all of this aggravation...don't let anyone ride in the car with you OR only let certain people in your car that know how you are. make your friend's drive if they do ANY of the annoying crap from this thread.

my brother and dad feel bad for tracking stuff into the car so they do their best to "shake off" their shoes before putting their feet into the car.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
I don't wince at the petty stuff: dirt on the shoes (its a different story when there's clearly an excessive amount), closing the door by the paint, touching the paint, hands on windows, etc. These are all part of life and you'll have the inevitably clean the car anyways. I also don't care if someone plays with the settings of the seat, climate control or radio.

However, if you somehow manage to sneak it past me and light up in my car, I WILL stop and kick you out. Not even people who smell like smoke are allowed in my car or my house.

You WILL wear your seat belt or you'll find another ride.

Unless I have a full car, your baggage goes into the backseat or the trunk.

I can't stand people telling me how to drive.....clean driving record with a history of living and driving in some of the biggest cities the US has to offer. Stfu or get out.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
door slamming, opening door and resting it on the other car (yes this happened once...after i said....watch the doors!!!!!!!! ), tracking dirty shoes into the car, touching the windows, dripping sweat in the car, yanking on the door handle as i'm unlocking the door....dragging shoes or crap along the plastic interior trim pieces of the car...

makes me wonder who the hell all your friends are who think it's ok to go into someone else's car and start messing with stuff. my friends and family don't do that kind of stuff. the rule in my mind is: the driver is in charge of all the buttons so it's driver's discretion (even more so if they own the car). it's called respecting other people's stuff. if you wanna mess with stuff ask.
OMG a third! My 9 yr old loves pulling on the door handle as I'm unlocking the door!!!!!!!

Talk about making me crazy!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
I hate it most when this happens-

"Oh dudeee, that is so cool that you can press the window button like halfway down and you can control it or all the way and it goes down automatically and", then i yell "Will you stop f***ing with it?!?!"

Those window motors arent cheap to replace!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Series Motor's

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Grease, which comes along with the fact everyone wants to eat in the car

Opening the door while the door is locked, and then keep it locked by pulling on the handle impatiently as you click to open it, which only keeps the door locked longer.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Type Sour

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts
Slamming the door, turning the lights on and off, pulling the door handle when it's still locked, and touching the radio.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
i hate when i have to give ugly fat girls a ride.

Quick Reply: What action do you hate the most from the passengers?