3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What action do you hate the most from the passengers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 PM
6spd FTW

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Passengers.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
It's interesting how the passenger side sill and just the whole passenger side of the car in general is more worn out than the drivers' side and I have passengers in the car maybe 5% of the time if that.

The other thing that I hate way more than I should is touching the headliner. I don't know why I have such a huge problem with it but I do. I gave a co-worker a ride home one day and he touched the headliner for no reason leaving a mark. I can barely see it but it bugs the hell out of me everyday because there's no reason it should ever be touched.

Another one is my parents driving the car. They aren't technology friendly and since they're getting older and my mother's AC went out I traded them cars for a day. It did no good because they couldn't figure out how to turn the AC on or the radio for that matter. If I remember right they got the AC on but the heater was also on, on the passenger side at the same time. I've let them use the car a few times over the years and each time it's come back to me with some weird setting. The last time my battery was dead because they accidentally popped the trunk and didn't realize it. I got it a couple days later after the light had drained the battery. That was with my pair of 12W6s sitting there over night with an open trunk lol. They also leave it on empty.

I guess it makes up for me jumping their cars, off roading , taking them to Famoso raceway and bracket racing them, doing lawnjobs, donuts, running from the cops, leaving the car on empty on a work night and leaving the shoe polish on the windows after a night at the track and all of the stuff I did as a minor. Sometimes I think they screw with my car on purpose which I kind of deserve but it's still annoying.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by Healingduck
Not really their fault since they don't know, but when they take off their seatbelt before I stop the car. Like someone else said, that beeping is way louder on the driver side than the passenger side.

Is it possible to turn it off?
It is possible...just get a 04-06 TL hehe we don't have it on the passenger side.

1- The interior door handle. I hate it when people just don't use one finger and pull it from behind and open the door.
It's kind of hard to make it perfect clean

2- In rainiy day, when they try to clean or take off the fogs from the window with their hands.
This is like nightmare to me. Kills me kills meeeeee. Hate it

3- Touching the nav screen instead of using the mouse button

4- When my dad reduces the Bass to level 2, when I drive his FX
Old 06-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Luckily, I don't have the door slamming problem, but I hate when they slam my trunk. I have the wing spoiler so it pretty much closes after a little tug. I've gotten into the habit of getting out and closing it for them if they need to get something out of the trunk.

One thing I definitely can't stand is when the windows are fogged and they think it's a good idea to write on the windows..
Old 06-07-2012, 04:05 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Door slamming is at the top of my list. Ppl know not to slam my doors. Also when someone opens the door and it doesn't stay open, so they use their foot to push it open again. Pops did this to me the other day. He'll never do it again haha.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 241 Posts
Originally Posted by JJH

What is this 1-touch door stuff I'm reading?

I would like to know this as well.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:56 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
i think what people mean with the one touch door...you just have to literally touch it with you finger with a few pounds of pressure...the momentum of the door is enough to get it to close. so no slamming the door by putting brute force behind it.

i learned the no slamming doors thing when i was a kid and my uncle and aunt owned a porsche and a corvette (he still owns corvettes).
Old 06-07-2012, 06:41 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
When a passenger lets go of the front passenger-side seatbelt and it retracts very quickly and the buckle smacks up against the B-pillar. Mine has a small scratch on the plastic because my wife does that. I suppose it's probably unnoticeable to most people other than me, but since it's my car I'm the only one who matters in that respect.

Another: I seldom have backseat passengers so the center armrest stays in the up position; among other reasons, it makes it easier for me to put a suit jacket or the like on the backseat when needed. If my father rides in the backseat, he puts the armrest down and leaves it down. To me that's like visiting someone else's house: If you move something, put it back the way you found it.

The dual AC controls thing does not bother me at all because I figure that's why they put in the feature. If letting my wife adjust the temperature on her side a little warmer means we can go another hour before she'll need a toilet stop, then I'm quite happy to let her adjust the temperature over there all she wants!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Suzuka Master

^ When a passenger lets go of the front passenger-side seatbelt and it retracts very quickly and the buckle smacks up against the B-pillar.

I've seen that buckle hitting my window hahaha I don't know how are they are releasing the belt with their hands but I heard that couple times in my car.
One of them was my dad lol

I'm like...what the f.ck damn, to the window lol
Old 06-07-2012, 07:15 AM
JJH
Drifting

Received 352 Likes on 254 Posts
Another thing that I hate is whenever my passenger tries to become a passenger seat driver. Every time I pull up to a nice car, "lets race this guy"!

I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Old 06-07-2012, 07:26 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
1. slamming doors
2. leaving smudge marks from their fingers on the glass or paint
3. tracking in mud/dirt
4. bringing in outside food/drinks (water bottle is ok)
5. kicking/brushing up against my illuminated door sills when they enter/exit the car.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
omfg.

#1 (Mostly applies to my disgusting family and is why I only visit once per six months) not getting the F out of the car when it comes to a stop. GTFO I WANT TO LOCK THE DOOR YOU IDIOT. They will sit there half an hour even if we are late for a movie at the theater and sitting in the lot outside.

#2 Touching the windshield with their greasy animal hands and having to pull my damn self-painted black EZ-Pass off the velcro. The next night I'm sure to see the greasy hand prints.
#3 Putting their cup on the roof or trunk top. WTF? By time you tell them the damage is done.
#4 Opening my broken power window rear-left passenger side (powers to open but has to be hand-guided to shut again)
#5 Opening the fricking window when it is 90 degrees outside ... which will NOT make us cool, when waiting 30 fricking seconds the aircon would have already helped.

Last edited by parasitius; 06-07-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts
Kicking sandals off in the summer and trying to rest feet on the dash....this only happened once, my fiance found out very quickly that I don't like that.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Suzuka Master

That happend once on my TL too lol. Feet fingerprints on my windshield, but couldn't say anything to her... was coming back from NY and she was sleeping
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Bird is the Word

Received 975 Likes on 632 Posts
Feet on the dash drives me crazy.
The following 2 users liked this post by Predatorbird:
mr_raja (06-07-2012), Undying Dreams (06-08-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts
You guys funny. If it is a female, you can just punish her as with a child. The problem is adult males who often need an attitude adjustment that would be difficult to achieve without the cops getting called in the end
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (06-08-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by MEKO
That happend once on my TL too lol. Feet fingerprints on my windshield, but couldn't say anything to her... was coming back from NY and she was sleeping
I've ended up with ass prints on the passenger side window several times but I let those go lol. I don't know what it was about the first year in the TL, maybe it was because I was single and always the driver on the weekends but chicks always got naked even in the front seat while driving with absolutely no encouragement from me. It always seemed to happen when I took it to the redneck bars. The worst thing about it is it still bothered me a little because of the new seats. I took my mother to the store the next morning one time and she looked at the window and got quiet. I think she suspected what it was but never said anything. That was before the windows were tinted as well or it might have bothered me more.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
I've ended up with ass prints on the passenger side window several times but I let those go lol. I don't know what it was about the first year in the TL, maybe it was because I was single and always the driver on the weekends but chicks always got naked even in the front seat while driving with absolutely no encouragement from me. It always seemed to happen when I took it to the redneck bars. The worst thing about it is it still bothered me a little because of the new seats. I took my mother to the store the next morning one time and she looked at the window and got quiet. I think she suspected what it was butt never said anything. That was before the windows were tinted as well or it might have bothered me more.
Fixed.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
It takes a while for my mom to get out of the car. The door often closes on her before she can get out, so she kicks it open WITH HER FEET!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
I took my mother to the store the next morning one time and she looked at the window and got quiet.
thats when you put the windows down and change the subject..."so, beautiful morning were having eh?"

Undying Dreams (06-08-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 AM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 510 Likes on 367 Posts
I remembered another one that drives me nuts. I have one friend that just loves to "dust" things. It would be fine if he used cleaning product and a microfiber towel, but he insists on using his greasy oily finger in a high speed back & forth scrubbing motion. I yell at him every time. He will try to rub dust off the exterior paint, the windows, but worst of all the soft clear plastic radio screens. For those that don't know, it's like rubing something with sandpaper. I swear I'm going to break his fingers off one day.

BTW: His body oil is highly acidic. I noticed 4 permanent discolored burn marks in the exterior paint on my Civic. This is where he always holds onto the A pillar with his 4 oily fingers. I told him about it and insisted he use the damn chicken bar instead. At least that's replaceable. lol
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 AM
#1 Super Guy!

I think she suspected what it was but never said anything.
Oh she knew. Mom's always know!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
One I forgot: Passengers who rest their elbow on the windowsill. There have been threads on this forum over the years where people have mentioned that the 3G TL's windowsills seem prone to showing a mark if an elbow is rested on them frequently, so I've always been careful to avoid resting my elbow there when I drive. My wife is short enough that she's unlikely to do this anyway, but this guy I work with does it all the time and it's pointless saying anything because he'll do it without thinking. Solution is that we usually take his car if we have to go somewhere (while I find his somewhat tentative driving style annoying, it's the lesser of two evils).
Old 06-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Thought about another one...

Closing the trunk and leaving four greasy full-finger and part of the hand prints in the paint. I have CBP, it shows everything! It may sound stupid, but I close it with one finger on the license plate screw! No prints, dammit! Now, I tell everyone NOT to touch the trunk or they'll be broken.
sauceja (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM
**The Catfish**

Received 549 Likes on 440 Posts
absololutely hate it when the fiancee gets in the car and rather than putting her purse in the floor at her feet, she wedges it between here and the emergency brake!! Bugs the shit out of me

Feet on the dash problem finally solved!! Took a couple of times of me screaming at her to not do it and now she doesnt.

Scratching the sills and side skirts with her damn heels!!!

Finally, and im sure theres more, but when people go to get out of the car and dont open the door all the way, they use their feet on the soft door panel vinyl pocket and indent it because their retarded and cant get out fast enough or open the door all the way!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by damaged442
Thought about another one...

Closing the trunk and leaving four greasy full-finger and part of the hand prints in the paint. I have CBP, it shows everything! It may sound stupid, but I close it with one finger on the license plate screw! No prints, dammit! Now, I tell everyone NOT to touch the trunk or they'll be broken.
you do know that there is a handle on the inside of the trunk?

NO FINGERPRINTS at all.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 AM
**The Catfish**

youre soo smart justin!! lol hey on that note, when i do use that handle, for some reason it always wants to pull away from the trunk lid liner.. anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-07-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sick TLS
youre soo smart justin!! lol hey on that note, when i do use that handle, for some reason it always wants to pull away from the trunk lid liner.. anyone else have this problem?
most likely, some one disassembled your trunk liner before.
they forgot to put the screw or clips back in
Old 06-07-2012, 10:01 AM
**The Catfish**

Originally Posted by justnspace
most likely, some one disassembled your trunk liner before.
they forgot to put the screw or clips back in
ive taken all that back apart multiple times to do the cold cathode leds for the license plate and the leds for the reverse lights too and have yet to figure it out. It sits right with the two dimples that are on the handle itself but the top of it wants to unclip from the liner... who knows im just careful with it when i do use it haha
Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
For me it is:

- changing the radio stations and climate control
- slamming the door
- scratching the lower portion of the door panel and sideskirts with their shoes
- rolling down the rear tinted window that does not have moleskin
- rolling down windows when I have the A/C on when it is boiling hot out
- telling me where to park because I want to avoid doordings
Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Slamming the door!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:52 AM

Also, the slamming door "feature" can be fixed.

Replace the TL's door checker with a Honda Accord's
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 AM
'08 TL-S 6MT

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow who do you guys have riding shotgun with you?? Nobody touches the radio or climate control, maybe because it's too complex? Slamming doors is hard to eliminate since most are probably used to custy cars that need a slamming to be shut .
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i hate when someone gets in my car!!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Sick TLS
ive taken all that back apart multiple times to do the cold cathode leds for the license plate and the leds for the reverse lights too and have yet to figure it out. It sits right with the two dimples that are on the handle itself but the top of it wants to unclip from the liner... who knows im just careful with it when i do use it haha
There's a screw that keeps it in place...
Old 06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3,595 Likes on 1,721 Posts
When my gf asks to drive. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA she makes me laugh
Old 06-07-2012, 12:27 PM
**The Catfish**

Originally Posted by pnoi521
There's a screw that keeps it in place...
i know... that is definitely there lol it seems like its just not as sturdy as it used to me idk
Old 06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
#1 Super Guy!

Originally Posted by justnspace
Also, the slamming door "feature" can be fixed.

Replace the TL's door checker with a Honda Accord's
Do you have a link, DIY or review Justin? Seems like an easy enough fix. The 2005 4DR Accord door checkers are only $14.50 each for the US version (japan version $30)...

Front Right 72340-SDA-A01
Front Left 72380-SDA-A01

Last edited by 94eg!; 06-07-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
This is a really funny thread. We TL owners are totally neurotic about our cars!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM

good news
the accord door checkers did eliminate the self closing feature on the tl. i did the driver side door this weekend and took me about 20 mins to swap out the door checkers. the door still feels a little "light" but it has more of a drag which causes the door to no longer self swing back.
great mod for those who are tired of the "automatic closing doors"
i plan on doing the passenger side this coming weekend.

stock tl "groved door checker"

accord "flat" door checker

compared side by side

accord door checker installed

yea you are going to have to remove the door panel to get to the checker and also pull back on the white clear door seal just a bit to take out the door checker once you take of the 3 nuts bolting the checker to the door (2 on the door, 1 on the body)
Hope this helps
94eg! (06-07-2012)

Quick Reply: What action do you hate the most from the passengers?