Well, I got one!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004 | 06:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Well, I got one!

Thanks to all the help I got from this website, I got a TL/Auto/Nav for $32900 at Turnersville Acura in NJ. Turnersville, NJ is basically a dump. The dealer looked like a used car place. They are bulding a whole new complex and wanted to move cars quickly. Of course, they tried to rip me off although I knew it was coming when they didn't send me a detailed price break down at the first place (I leased one). Although it was my first lease, I was armed with my calculator and an excel lease work sheet on my laptop. After the sales guy making 6 trips to his sales manager, the monthly payment came out to be the same as I expected (tried to manipulate the residual and the bank fee). I basically made the salesman realize that he is not a good liar as it was so apparent. The color is Desert-not my first choice, but I didn't want to lose any more residual % (dropped 3% this month compared to Dec-you can tell I am a cheap SOB). The ride good way down to DC. No vibration, no rattles, nothing! I am not so impressed with the stereo as I thought this was going to be something special. The MPG on highway was 34 which I thought it was better than my 2003 Aoocrd Ex (4 cylinder). It doesn't smell like a fart either (The Accord did). I think I am happy as my monthly payment was $100 lower than what I got from those dealers around MC/VA.

Thanks everyone. Now, I have to get rid of that junk Accord (vibrates like hell in the morning).

PS) Oh yeah, he was trying to sell me that VIN # encryption thing. He said it was already done when they off-loaded from the truck. I told them wipe it off with a sand paper. Of course, it was not there.
Old 01-17-2004 | 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Congratulations on your car! I wish I could've spent only 32900 on my car.

Awesome deal, and good job on keeping the sales staff focused on their offer.
Old 01-17-2004 | 07:18 PM
What's a TL?

Congrats on the aquisition, I have a feeling you will be very happy with the car. What were your payment details?? (it might help others get a feel for what they should expect to pay)
Old 01-17-2004 | 07:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Desert Mist wasn't my first choice either, but I have grown to like it especially when you see how clean it looks when all the other cars around you are filthy. Good choice.
Old 01-17-2004 | 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks!

Well, I felt a little bad for those guys. If they set the selling price a bit high and don't play with other numbers, they don't have to lie about things.

My downpayment was $3500 (I know, I know, I am stupid-but I end up saying some money in a long run). Also paid the bank fee ($550) up-front. I think the monthly payment came out to be $369. 42 month/12000mi/54% residual/0.00215 MF (I let them have it although I could've gotten 0.00205). I hope this helps. This is an obvious advide, but PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ALL THE NUMBERS before you sign anything!
Old 01-17-2004 | 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

By the way, Radley and Pohanka in VA asked for $470 for the same exact car and the same residual (although their selling price was $500 off MSRP) as they thought that I am a dumb person (I am just not that dumb) or something. Maybe I am just not that used to a near-luxury car, but I really didn't feel any tire/car vibration. My Vin# is near 21000. I guess they fixed problems?! Maybe I am just not that sensitive about things. I am just happy that I don't have to deal with that awful smell from Accord anymore.
Old 01-17-2004 | 08:09 PM
Racer

congrats
what do you mean when you say
"Oh yeah, he was trying to sell me that VIN # encryption thing. He said it was already done when they off-loaded from the truck. I told them wipe it off with a sand paper. Of course, it was not there"

im in the market to buy one and i was woundering what that means.
Old 01-17-2004 | 08:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Apparently, some dealers encrypt VIN numbers on front windows (door glasses) with laser or something. They say this helps identify stolen vehicles. The funny thing is that Vin# is all over the car (at least 5 different places-engine, trunk, doors, etc). I don't think it is worth paying $250, but then again, I am cheap.
Old 01-17-2004 | 09:25 PM
Racer

Re: Well, I got one!

Originally posted by Novice
Turnersville, NJ is basically a dump.
No suprise here. Most of NJ is a dump. Ever step off of the boardwalk in Atlantic City? Like stepping into poverty.

I know I'm going to get "dumped" on here by NJ'ers, but just my 2 cents worth.
Old 01-17-2004 | 09:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: Well, I got one!

Originally posted by greenseed
No suprise here. Most of NJ is a dump. Ever step off of the boardwalk in Atlantic City? Like stepping into poverty.

I know I'm going to get "dumped" on here by NJ'ers, but just my 2 cents worth.
I'm sorry, where exactly do you live in PA?
Old 01-17-2004 | 09:49 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Well, I got one!

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
I'm sorry, where exactly do you live in PA?
Here it starts! Agreed about PA. I hate this state too. I'm forced to live in this godforsaken state by my wife. I'm merely expressing some of my fustration.
Old 01-18-2004 | 04:34 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by ravi
congrats
what do you mean when you say
"Oh yeah, he was trying to sell me that VIN # encryption thing. He said it was already done when they off-loaded from the truck. I told them wipe it off with a sand paper. Of course, it was not there"

im in the market to buy one and i was woundering what that means.
I think he means inscription... actually it's etching. It's when they slap vin numbers on your vehicle by etching them into it.
Old 01-18-2004 | 08:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Sorry, you got me. I meant Inscription=etching so that the VIN#s are permanently recorded on the glass.