3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIP Curtains

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
If you do the curtains, you'll definitely have to carry Grey Poupon in the car at all times....

2011 National AcuraZine Meet-Kansas City-June 12, 2011-Details Here!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
the only cars ive seen with a curtain is a hearse.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
As some people have mentioned...I wouldn't do it just because your car does not look the part...yet...Curtains on a monster truck will get you laughed at.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:32 PM
~*~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wrxyboy

I'm sorry, but am I the only one who noticed what appears to be a rhinestone "blinged out" rear view mirror?! Perhaps I'm mistaken...

I'm a woman and I know better than to put rhinestones on my TL...come on!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Uh I'm a girl and I think a guy who has curtains in his car is creepy. Don't be that guy.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Now those rhinestones are going a bit too far.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
I wouldn't put curtains in any car less than $120,000.

You just get that feeling when you step into an accord with curtains, I would feel embarrassed for myself or anyone who sits in it. Like really, this is true luxury you say?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
If you do the curtains, you'll definitely have to carry Grey Poupon in the car at all times....
True story...

Back in my early 20's, I was a car audio installer. One day I was pulling a Rolls out of the shop and back around to our parking lot. (You had to drive around the building to get to the store and the front lot) As I'm driving up to the lot in the Rolls, one of my coworkers is coming the other way in a Benz. He stops next to me and does the "Pardon me, but would you have any Grey Poupon? line.

I opened the glove box in the Rolls, and it was totally empty except for one thing....a single bottle of Grey Poupon.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
trade in that TL and get an RL. thats much closer to a VIP platform imo.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Uhhhh...How about a drop for that 4x4..
Old 03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man, i hate to tell it to all of you, but I have been in Japan for the last 2 years. Curtains are in no way only for VIP cars out there. The japanese are rolling around in minivans, K-cars, and pretty much anything you could think of with curtains. If they could, they would probably put them on a motorcycle. honestly, OP, if you want curtains put them on. will they look better and more in the right place with the car slammed and some nice shiney baller rims? -Yes. But if you were to take a stock 3g TL to japan, put curtains on it, and show it off, the japanese would still be amazed.
In the end, its how you want your car. If you want them, put them on.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
They use it in Japan so they can sleep in there cars lol.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:58 PM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by ionojimbo
trade in that TL and get an RL. thats much closer to a VIP platform imo.
The Acura brand itself is the luxury line of Honda so it shouldn't matter which model gets used as vip.

If the op wants to put those JP curtains is his car why does everyone else care. He paid for his car not any of us as I previously stated. As long as his theme is VIP he can use them but if his just looking to get them with nothing else to support the theme then yea he's foolish.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
If the op wants to put those JP curtains is his car why does everyone else care. He paid for his car not any of us as I previously stated.
Um, I don't know....maybe because he asked this......

Originally Posted by dtan1691
What do you guys think?? Should i get some vip curtains for my car?
Old 03-24-2011, 05:28 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by rainmn
Um, I don't know....maybe because he asked this......
I know he asked it but what I'm saying is everyone is basically shooting him down with little to no reason as why not to get them by saying "their ugly" or "you don't have a car that can be VIP". Its as soon as one person says "no way" or "he'll no" everyone jumps on the wagon to agree cause their afraid to go against the grain so they get in line with the rest of people to just be easy.

Only a few people have told him what else he needs to do to pull it off besides justno don't do it. Help him instead of discouraging him. If anyone asked him what his plans were the responses would be different no? Maybe he got the cash flow to go all out VIP but just wants some input on certain things.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Oh, so help him make his car look so wrong? He did not ask how to do it, he asked if he should? Asking that here is asking to be slammed...

If he really wanted to do it, he would have asked "Does anyone know where to get the parts, materials, etc. to make by TL-S VIP with curtains?"
Old 03-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow...even in a nicer car curtains look stupid and tacky...The only vehicle curtains work in are huge ones...like VANS and MOTORHOMES...not cars...facepalm! IMO the 2nd gen tl looks RIDICULOUS and yes the license plate is on point with the words SSSICK cuz thats what it looks like with curtains..the rest of the car looks great but cmon...really? curtains? OH EM GEEE...even has the rainbow on it..ugh.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Googled bagged VIP acura tl and this thread came up. Was looking at the Junction Produce curtains on a TL someone was parting out a while ago and liked them. Then looked up the company and saw the prices for curtains, neck pillows, seat cushions and a knot you hang from your rear view mirror, I'm in the wrong business! I couldn't believe curtains were a couple hundred dollars! Or a knot is over a hundred, wtf?

Found some curtains on ebay that would match the interior of my car but after reading the comments, might rethink them haha. The girl that said she'd feel uncomfortable made me wonder if I put curtains in if my Acura would become a Chester Molester Vehicle! That many people think the curtains are creepy? Or since this is an old thread have some changed their mind?

Could I pull them off? My rides not slammed, 18s and only lowered an inch

Old 03-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
No you can't pull them off. Why the heck would you want curtains in ur car? Are you homeless and need to sleep in it?
Old 03-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Unless you are driving a camper, I would say no.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,592 Likes on 6,636 Posts
That's the price you pay for VIPPPPPPPUHH

No don't do it...
Old 03-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wheels

What size and name brand are your wheels? I like them.

Bill C.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Noble tl if you like it do it.
Majority of people here won't like a lot of vip options for their own reasoning but this is not the logic of your every day individual.
I have had a few people here think my vip tray is straight up stupid but I've seen nothing but smiles and compliments when people get in my car and use the neck rests or tray.

What they won't get is the image these create because they themselves don't care or aren't interested in the image. The whole vip style is mimicking a prestigious almost mafia or mob boss like appearance. The idea that whomever is inside deserves privacy and gets it when they want it.

I would say though that curtains only look good with the full package... I.e. The entire vip look with wide hips low body and aggressive wheels. Without these the curtains would possible stand out like a sore thumb.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Also check out vipdout.com for your VIP needs.
Interior Accessories / Vipdout
^^Link to the section with curtains.

They custom trim and make their own curtains to fit any window size perfectly.
I have not purchased curtains as I dont feel my car is VIP enough to rock them. In the future maybe.

Until then I am LOVING the VIP tray they made me and the Executive neck pads they sent me. Like I said a few people laughed when I first mentioned these items here. But people in person think very differently. The normal response is "What is this an airplane?! hahaha That's so cool. I want this in my car!"

Glovebox is still 100% functional. I use the center console cup holder to hold my phone while Im in the car so it's nice to have a second and third cup holder available. As well a place passengers can set their phone or do coke lines from. Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by usdmJON; 03-12-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by usdmJON
I have had a few people here think my vip tray is straight up stupid but I've seen nothing but smiles and compliments when people get in my car and use the neck rests or tray.

What they won't get is the image these create because they themselves don't care or aren't interested in the image. The whole vip style is mimicking a prestigious almost mafia or mob boss like appearance.
The tray is great until such time as you are in an accident and it crushes your chest, breaks your ribs and collapses your lungs or interferes with the air bag.

And mimicking a "prestigious almost mafia or mob boss like appearance" is what everyone is looking to do. Since when has the mafia or a mob boss appeared prestigious??

It's your car and the OP has his own car and both of you can do as you like.
The following users liked this post:
ggesq (03-16-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by rainmn
True story...

I opened the glove box in the Rolls, and it was totally empty except for one thing....a single bottle of Grey Poupon.
^^ this HAHA!

IMOP, do what makes you happy and feels good. I personally wouldn't, but that just me. It's your car, do to it what you please.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:00 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
The whole VIP thing is a acquired taste. Some acessories seem odd but most people that do this form of modding start small. Then they go further and further to complete the look. It's a craze/addiction and a different world, part of that Japanese culture. It's not my cup of tea but I can understand it I guess. (Except for the ridiculous cambered look. That is STUPID)

My car has a mild VIP look because of the deep wheels, reasonable drop, puddle lights and LCD screens etc. That's the part of the VIP look I like. But I didn't go into all that velvet and rhinestones lol.

The VIP look definitely looks better on some cars than others. If you have a big old school boxy black or white Lexus LS, Infiniti Q45 or Nissan President curtains MIGHT work there. Otherwise they are really just limited to Maybach's, Rolls and limos.

Smaller cars like the TL, just ain't right. Maybe WDP cars I've seen in person, like Rodney's or mamita's, are the few exceptions I can see pulling it off.

Bottom line is that curtains just remind me of my cousin's conversion van in the 80's lol.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:33 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Ok....I came back from the unheard of just to say this. No. Don't do it.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:42 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Honestly, everybody has different taste in building their car. The VIP inspired is done right it'll be amazing. I hope my build will be done soon
Old 03-16-2015, 06:35 AM

Old 03-16-2015, 01:17 PM
Suzuka Master

I see a lot of clowns with near stock cars trying to prevent someone from personalizing their own car.

Get a clue guys.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Maybe you can get some custom cut vertical blinds for the car from Home Depot.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:59 PM

I liked the suggestion of the wooden blinds further up in this thread -

In reality the best solution is really are darker tint but not sure that is "VIP" enough. Function > Form.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bill C.
What size and name brand are your wheels? I like them.

Bill C.
18" gram light wheels bought them from a friend I went to high school with who was posting them on the forum. He said brand new they were $2600 without tires I think, maybe with tires I can't remember.
Ok I'll skip the curtains! My cars not full VIP, doesn't have air ride, not lowered enough. And definitely not a Bentley. The part out of a buddies on the forum had everything the Junction Produce Co made! Curtains, neck pads, Inspire wood grain steering wheel, burlwood accents, the knot hanging from the JP mirror, etc. The windows are already tinted just not enough, they're just the legal limit for OR.

Couldn't find the day time pictures so just took one. When I got them there was a little curbing and since my partners been driving it he has a complete lack of respect for cars and he's added some. Sore subject!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:41 AM
Advanced

Personally I wouldn't get the tray in front because my partner would never let me get it and it stands out too much. I wouldn't get the knot because I can't justify $60-90+ on a knot hanging from the mirror.

I get the big deep dish rims and stance if it was lowered more or on air ride but I love these rims! I guess they have been discontinued for quite a while. My friend has a 3 series and since I saw her puddle lights and leds on the door handles I'd love to do the DIY on those and add them!

I definitely want the headrests! Love the look of those and for trips I think they'd be comfortable! If I was to do trays I'd want them in the back but researching on the forum the Jaguar trays are what a couple have done. I've found some for really cheap just don't like how they're mounted.

Was just curious about the curtains. Just got an Inspire grille, I've had the HOA emblems for a while now from Volly when he parted out his car. Bought his leds for the dome lights too I need to install. Ordered the Inspire grille a new one because the other I received wasn't in good condition, ordered the Inspire emblem, 32v and type s emblem. Already have the jdm H so slowly doing the Inspire conversion. Need to install the side markers and find a HOA shift knob too.

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-17-2015, 01:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I see a lot of clowns with near stock cars trying to prevent someone from personalizing their own car.

Get a clue guys.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Don't bother coming back in either.

You get a clue- the guy asks for opinions, he gets opinions.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Don't bother coming back in either.

Oh I'm not going anywhere.
I'm just tired of everyone knocking people's ideas to customize.
You guys are only happy with a TL on stock aspecs or waffles. Tread showing under the fenders and a res delete with some eBay tips.
That's all I see from a majority of the tuners so pardon me for speaking up when someone wants to do more than some eBay chrome tips and plastidipped grill and you guys yell him to stop.

P.s. Tint is illegal here in California. Vip curtains that can be drawn back are not. Get a clue.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NobleTL
Personally I wouldn't get the tray in front because my partner would never let me get it and it stands out too much. I wouldn't get the knot because I can't justify $60-90+ on a knot hanging from the mirror.
The tray is one of my favorite additions. I use my cup holder as a phone holder so the extra 2 holders works out. It also holds my air freshener and can hold the passengers phone when they are in the car.
As for sticking out too much... It sticks out less than the wheel and the glove box still works. Once installed it is very out of the way and honestly I get more compliments on the tray than the wheels.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
OP you do what you want, it's your car and your money. If I had the money set aside for the cost of a VIP build would I? Nope, not my style. However, if you like it, then all the more power to you.

For people taking their difference of opinions to another level. Seriously? Is it really worth it to call each other out knowing you won't change each other's minds? Seems like wasted time to me.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:15 PM

Get a clue guys.
clowns -
preventing -

I think you need to reread the original post. OP asked for opinions and they are being provided. Just because you don't like or agree with those opinions doesn't make the person giving their opinion a "clown." I don't see how giving someone an opinion prevents them from doing anything. The OP owns his car and can damn well do what he pleases with it and what pleases him.
Sorry, but you are way off base.

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Exactly -

Oh I'm not going anywhere.
I'm just tired of everyone knocking people's ideas to customize.
You guys are only happy with a TL on stock aspecs or waffles. Tread showing under the fenders and a res delete with some eBay tips.
That's all I see from a majority of the tuners so pardon me for speaking up when someone wants to do more than some eBay chrome tips and plastidipped grill and you guys yell him to stop.

P.s. Tint is illegal here in California. Vip curtains that can be drawn back are not. Get a clue.
I think you are taking this personally somehow and I don't see anyone yelling.

Quick Reply: VIP Curtains