3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIP Curtains

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:23 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to see the tray in person! I like the idea of it. Just figured it would take up. I use my cup holders for drinks and don't like my cell phone near my drinks. I have the Note 3 so it's too big for the door handle. Might like the idea of the tray. Would love the custom trays in back and some custom leather burlwood center consol with cup holders and a tray like a benz. I like the VIP look a lot just didn't know if I could pull it off.
As for the curtains on Junction Produce website it says they're mounted with 3M tape, didn't like the idea of that but we don't have babies or children yet to pull on them so might stay on! This buddy in cali parting out his car was slammed, full lip, all the badges, Inspire Steering Wheel, JDM burlwood pieces, the knot, mirror, curtains and headrests and the interior looked very nice! Can't imagine spending $3-400 on curtains from that company but ebay has some for $30-40. There's some Junction Produce headrests for $33 not sure if they're knock offs but do the job.
I'll have to check on the forum and see if anyone ends up selling their trays. My partner could most likely build one he's really good with wood working! I'd want him to work on the back seat and custom fab up a center consol. I have a lot of ideas
Old 03-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
I just use Smarttint, or, as others on this forum say, smarttints.

Smart Tint® | Smart Film #1 Switchable Privacy Glass Technology
The following users liked this post:
ggesq (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I just use Smarttint, or, as others on this forum say, smarttints.

Smart Tint® | Smart Film #1 Switchable Privacy Glass Technology
Man, that would be sweet as hell. Illegal tint when no popo around, legal tint after they stop you.
gatrhumpy (03-19-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 03:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by polobunny
Man, that would be sweet as hell. Illegal tint when no popo around, legal tint after they stop you.
That's dumb as hell. Costs an arm and a leg, and you're stuck with black grey or white.
Is there a translucent option?

Do you really have that on your car?
Old 03-20-2015, 07:08 AM
Registered Bunny

Originally Posted by usdmJON

That's dumb as hell. Costs an arm and a leg, and you're stuck with black grey or white.

Quoted the wrong person.

But hey man, the irony is pretty strong, considering you whined when people dissed having a shelf to hold your beverage or an expensive knot around your rear view.... Yet you rip on this product. Guess you only want to do VIP like the others do?

Also there's many different colors to choose from, white, grey, black, blue, etc. You can dim the intensity. It is however still stupid expensive. Check the automotive applications.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Not as dumb as some curtains or a tray in your car
Old 03-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Quoted the wrong person.

But hey man, the irony is pretty strong, considering you whined when people dissed having a shelf to hold your beverage or an expensive knot around your rear view.... Yet you rip on this product. Guess you only want to do VIP like the others do?

Also there's many different colors to choose from, white, grey, black, blue, etc. You can dim the intensity. It is however still stupid expensive. Check the automotive applications.
Not ironic. And I'd say everyone is winning about some curtains if you ask me. I'm asking questions about it.
Such as does the poster actually have this on their car and are there translucent options.

If blue white grey and black are the only colors then it is dumb as hell. What you want pure black windows? I call that rice like I would a body kit and under glow.
White windows? Just as stupid.

1. I don't have an expensive knot. That shit is super simple to make yourself.
2. The tray kicks ass. Only people who knock it are the Internet critics that waste their time finding the perfect exhaust tip to rice out their cars.

Last edited by usdmJON; 03-20-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ggesq
Not as dumb as some curtains or a tray in your car
Aaah. So Rolls Royce and Jaguar are dumb. They do dumb things and have dumb ideas. Airplanes too. So dumb.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:42 AM
Registered Bunny

Not ironic. I'm asking questions about it.
Such as does the poster actually have this on their car and are there translucent options.

If blue white grey and black are the only colors then it is dumb as hell. What you want pure black windows? I call that rice like I would a body kit and under glow.
White windows? Just as stupid.

1. I don't have an expensive knot. That shit is super simple to make yourself.
2. The tray kicks ass. Only people who knock it are the Internet critics that waste their time finding the perfect exhaust tip to rice out their cars.
Take the time to read a bit of the smart tint website. You can go from like 4% transparent to 45% transparent on a dimmer...

Anyway, irony still going strong. Sorry!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:43 AM
So not a sociopath

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Aaah. So Rolls Royce and Jaguar are dumb. They do dumb things and have dumb ideas. Airplanes too. So dumb.
You should install a slide out grill in the trunk or something to really complete the camper look.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Are you really comparing trays in a Rolls or in an airplane to trays in a TL or an ILX?
EvilVirus (03-23-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts

There is so much fail in this thread.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME

There is so much fail in this thread.
That's because you don't have a tray in your car located right in front of your passenger airbag, so in the case of a collision, your passenger won't have the pleasure of having metal and plastic embedded in their face... unless, of course, your airbags are made by Takata. That comes standard then.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,672 Likes on 6,690 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
That's because you don't have a tray in your car located right in front of your passenger airbag, so in the case of a collision, your passenger won't have the pleasure of having metal and plastic embedded in their face... unless, of course, your airbags are made by Takata. That comes standard then.
Shit.. i'd take metal/plastic in the face over a damn collapse lung/ ribcage. That tray will wreak havoc on your chest in an accident.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Take the time to read a bit of the smart tint website. You can go from like 4% transparent to 45% transparent on a dimmer...

Anyway, irony still going strong. Sorry!

Aaaah. Then I stand corrected. From the video they posted it showed a sweet looking old school car and put what looked like privacy glass from a law firm conference room in the glass.

I did make an assumption there, but one would assume they would use something that actually looked like auto tint if they were showcasing how it works on an automobile. My bad.

That would then actually be pretty sweet... minus the costs. Almost 2g for two windows. Daaamn.

OP, do what you want. Mod your car how you want. As will everyone else in these forums... with replica wheels... and plastidip... and some chrome ebay exhaust tips that they think make their TLs look super sweet.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Shit.. i'd take metal/plastic in the face over a damn collapse lung/ ribcage. That tray will wreak havoc on your chest in an accident.
Yeah, and all those "for off-road use only" mods are so safe on everyone's car that wasn't crash tested with those parts either. Please, save it.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Team Owner

Dude, whats your problem?
Old 03-20-2015, 11:38 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Where's the chrome??
Old 03-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 319 Likes on 228 Posts
Aaaah. Then I stand corrected. From the video they posted it showed a sweet looking old school car and put what looked like privacy glass from a law firm conference room in the glass.

I did make an assumption there, but one would assume they would use something that actually looked like auto tint if they were showcasing how it works on an automobile. My bad.

That would then actually be pretty sweet... minus the costs. Almost 2g for two windows. Daaamn.

OP, do what you want. Mod your car how you want. As will everyone else in these forums... with replica wheels... and plastidip... and some chrome ebay exhaust tips that they think make their TLs look super sweet.
Dude you are taking this way too personally. The cheap shots and the "I have to win" attitude are old.

Someone doesn't like your VIP accessories, big deal. You keep saying how people love it in person, so live with that. Who cares what someone behind a keyboard has to say about it. Your car, your money, your mods. All others have said is it looks "corny" in a TL, the same way you think these "ebay" mods and stock mods (A-spec wheels/tint/plasti-dip) are lame.

Were you not taught that there will be people who don't agree with your opinions? This is a car forum, and last I check kids aren't allowed to drive, so grow up and move on.

Last edited by dezymond; 03-20-2015 at 01:38 PM.
EvilVirus (03-23-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Registered Bunny

The cost is definitely an issue, but as in everything I believe the more it catches on the cheaper it's going to get. Wait until the chinese put their hand on it and manufacturer a similar product that can be had for $500 on eBay...
Old 03-20-2015, 03:27 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Exactly as I mentioned on page 2 -

Yeah, and all those "for off-road use only" mods are so safe on everyone's car that wasn't crash tested with those parts either. Please, save it.
What do you mean by "for off-road use only mods?" I'm not busting on you, really don't know what you are referring to.

Originally Posted by Flipster23
Where's the chrome??
Noice!

Originally Posted by dezymond
Dude you are taking this way too personally. The cheap shots and the "I have to win" attitude are old.

Someone doesn't like your VIP accessories, big deal. You keep saying how people love it in person, so live with that. Who cares what someone behind a keyboard has to say about it. Your car, your money, your mods. All others have said is it looks "corny" in a TL, the same way you think these "ebay" mods and stock mods (A-spec wheels/tint/plasti-dip) are lame.

Were you not taught that there will be people who don't agree with your opinions? This is a car forum, and last I check kids aren't allowed to drive, so grow up and move on.
Also what I said on page 2.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:23 PM
So not a sociopath

Jon...

usdmJON (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Dude, whats your problem?
I dislike when people tell others their car has to fit some cookie cutter image to fit in.

Originally Posted by CrazyEights
Jon...

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
What do you mean by "for off-road use only mods?" I'm not busting on you, really don't know what you are referring to..
Look up almost any aftermarket mods we put on our cars... first example to come to mind... the rv6 catted downpipe. This product designed by RV6 says in black and white "for off road use only".
This is because little to no aftermarket parts have any safety testing done on them, let alone on each specific model it releases for. These products are not tested safe as much as the tray is not tested.

Sure RV6 downpipe may not be detrimental to the cars life... but wheels sure can. Or some cheap megan ez coils. All designed for "off-road use". Just as this tray is.

Originally Posted by dezymond

You seem to forget that people were making fun of the product/op before I came in here. I simply took the opposing side and made fun of the mods you guys like while you guys made fun of the mods I like.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:02 AM
Team Owner

Look up almost any aftermarket mods we put on our cars... first example to come to mind... the rv6 catted downpipe. This product designed by RV6 says in black and white "for off road use only".
This is because little to no aftermarket parts have any safety testing done on them, let alone on each specific model it releases for. These products are not tested safe as much as the tray is not tested.

Sure RV6 downpipe may not be detrimental to the cars life... but wheels sure can. Or some cheap megan ez coils. All designed for "off-road use". Just as this tray is.
That's kind of a stupid comparison. The down pipe likely will NEVER injure the occupants inside the vehicle unless some incredibly bizarre freak accident happens, and even then, I highly doubt it. A tray mounted in front of an exploding air bag is VERY dangerous. Even if it doesn't cause the tray to crush your face, it still impedes the airbag deployment.

Pretty much ALL aftermarket products, besides wheels, always say "for off-road use only" because the manufacturers aren't going to buy and crash cars with their products on them to see what happens. The result would be astronomically expensive parts. Consumers don't want that. So manufacturers don't bother.

Also, you get what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket parts. You buy cheap, you get cheap. There's no such thing as a superb suspension setup for >$1000.

If you think think a down pipe and tray are in the same realm when it comes to safety... Well...
EvilVirus (03-23-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 01:26 AM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
Originally Posted by CrazyEights
Jon...

too funny

jon really does need a chill pill..my god
Old 03-22-2015, 04:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Oh Sickest TL
too funny

jon really does need a chill pill..my god
No one needs to chill. It's a damn Internet conversation. No one is upset.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:04 AM
So not a sociopath

No one needs to chill. It's a damn Internet conversation. No one is upset.
So you act like a little whiny bitch all the time?

Last edited by CrazyEights; 03-22-2015 at 08:08 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by CrazyEights:
EvilVirus (03-23-2015), TacoBello (03-22-2015), thoiboi (03-23-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Thread has run its course...