Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

versus Motorsport bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 10:14 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Let it go Eric, there's no point. By the way, that CL is awesome! Got a link with more pics?
haha you might be right Jack, but i'll be damned if not im trying to prove a point. I have a few more things to point out.

That CL is my all time favorite CL. Truly unique and bad ass. He's running like 20x10s and 20x11s on that thing man, its ridiculous. Go to www.tunerzine.com and hes in one of the features if you search through the site. I've seen it in person and SEMA and NOPI Natls.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:18 AM
tehLEGOman

The design of the stock bumper on the third generation TL is to accomodate the front license plate for those states that require it.

Lets take a vote...who thinks the picture below fits the definition of rice.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
haha you might be right Jack, but i'll be damned if not im trying to prove a point. I have a few more things to point out.

That CL is my all time favorite CL. Truly unique and bad ass. He's running like 20x10s and 20x11s on that thing man, its ridiculous. Go to www.tunerzine.com and hes in one of the features if you search through the site. I've seen it in person and SEMA and NOPI Natls.
Are you going to be at Nopi Nats this year? BTW, clean out your message bin!!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Ryan Christopher

The design of the stock bumper on the third generation TL is to accomodate the front license plate for those states that require it.

Lets take a vote...who thinks the picture below fits the definition of rice.

Loose the mess grill and insert a intercooler!! Then where talking.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:25 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
Are you going to be at Nopi Nats this year? BTW, clean out your message bin!!
Hell yes i've been there every year since 2001. I'll delete a few PMs. Are you going this year with your TL?
Old 07-28-2006, 10:26 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You did not answer my question.
They both have a function. The IS is alittle ricey to me, but the CL's matches the rest of the cars body. With the TL, you are taking a nice looking car and cheapening the look. Listen, if i had a turbo in my TL and needed a bumper to fit my IC, and this was my only choice, then i would have no choice but to do it. But if i was going for style, i would go with the a spec, or the RJ kit. Now if you had a turbo wide body TL, with a carbon fiber hood and all that shit, then this bumper would fit the look. And for Gods sake the TL is not a high horsepower car that needs crazy cooling so a big mouth is not needed. Bottom line is that the Big mouth look looks good on some cars, but def. not the TL. Listen dude, it's my opinion. If you like it then whatever. Not everybody likes what i like, but i dont care. do what makes you happy. People always have opinions. As long as you dont do the rear of the versus, i'm sure it will look ok. More power to you for stepping out of the mold.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:33 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Dude....just let it go. You cant take everyones "opinion" to heart whatsoever. Do what cha like....I like the front end though. Kudos for having the Kahunas to go for it and be the first. I personally...do want to thank you for sharing the experience with us. This is something he really didnt have to do people. LOTS of people dont share just for this reason...who needs the hassle?....thus we learn nothing?

Does the kit have its issues...sure! But as your said...you learned a lot and were nice enough to share your experiences with us and for that sir...I thank you very much! Thats what this place is supposed to be about. Unfortunately...there are many who feel it is just a place to go and blast their opinions (not state opinions mind you, but blast you with em) and negative feelings. You have to take it for what it is though... I mean...its one thing to say....hey....I dont really care for that look or something like that...but some people dont understand how to voice their opinion (not pointing ANYONE out here whatsoever or even incinuating...just talking generalitites here)without appearing to personally attack or pull you down for your decisions.

Again....thank you for sharing your experiences. I am sure everyone is sharing in the wealth of knowledge you shared with us in this project....even the haters/flamers!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Loose the mess grill and insert a intercooler!! Then where talking.
Thats all i'm saying. If your going to add an intercooler than hell yeah, but if not, then it looks empty and ricey. Ricey meaning like a poser not so much the style. Are you understanding me now? That style bumper on a stock car doesnt flow well.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Dude....just let it go. You cant take everyones "opinion" to heart whatsoever. Do what cha like....I like the front end though. Kudos for having the Kahunas to go for it and be the first. I personally...do want to thank you for sharing the experience with us. This is something he really didnt have to do people. LOTS of people dont share just for this reason...who needs the hassle?....thus we learn nothing?

Does the kit have its issues...sure! But as your said...you learned a lot and were nice enough to share your experiences with us and for that sir...I thank you very much! Thats what this place is supposed to be about. Unfortunately...there are many who feel it is just a place to go and blast their opinions (not state opinions mind you, but blast you with em) and negative feelings. You have to take it for what it is though... I mean...its one thing to say....hey....I dont really care for that look or something like that...but some people dont understand how to voice their opinion (not pointing ANYONE out here whatsoever or even incinuating...just talking generalitites here)without appearing to personally attack or pull you down for your decisions.

Again....thank you for sharing your experiences. I am sure everyone is sharing in the wealth of knowledge you shared with us in this project....even the haters/flamers!
No one is flaming, i was just using my own experiences and stating why the big opening wouldnt make much of a difference on a stock or bolt on car. If there was an intercooler then it would make the difference in cooling. I hate how when someone says they dont like something and why, then people point the finger and call them haters and flamers. Call me what you wish, i stated my opinion and if i was loud about it then whaterver.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:51 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by bigman
No one is flaming, i was just using my own experiences and stating why the big opening wouldnt make much of a difference on a stock or bolt on car. If there was an intercooler then it would make the difference in cooling. I hate how when someone says they dont like something and why, then people point the finger and call them haters and flamers. Call me what you wish, i stated my opinion and if i was loud about it then whaterver.
Sir...I believe if you reread my post..I didnt call ANYONE out in particular. It was just right in the post above here that YOU in fact...list YOURSELF as a hater or flamer....that wasnt me that said that. So dont start with me.

Now...the fact that you have repeated yourself several times...is it because if everyone doesnt chime in and agree with you that you feel it wasnt read or something? I mean...you are sharing knowledge you have gained as well....and that is great and also appreciated by many I am sure... but to continue to repeat yourself....if this guy did this...we would be calling up the REPOST symbols all over. I thought you pretty much got your point across in the first post? When you continue to banter on and on about it....it does seem to be boarderlining "hating or flaming" the guy....yes.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I thought those tires looked awfully wide...and wouldn't you know it...blocked at work .
Old 07-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Ryan Christopher

Hell yes i've been there every year since 2001. I'll delete a few PMs. Are you going this year with your TL?
I was there in 02 and 03, I have missed the last 2 years, but I will be there this year. I don't have a lot done this year, but still want to go. I enjoy seeing all the cars, but I don't enjoy the heat!! Its fun, and I plan on bringing the grill with me!! As $5 for a burger is nuts! I was talking with someone else on the forum about meeting up and all parking together. I will be going over that Friday night and trying to get down there a little early Saturday morning. We will need to try and get as many cars together as possible.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Sir...I believe if you reread my post..I didnt call ANYONE out in particular. It was just right in the post above here that YOU in fact...list YOURSELF as a hater or flamer....that wasnt me that said that. So dont start with me.

Now...the fact that you have repeated yourself several times...is it because if everyone doesnt chime in and agree with you that you feel it wasnt read or something? I mean...you are sharing knowledge you have gained as well....and that is great and also appreciated by many I am sure... but to continue to repeat yourself....if this guy did this...we would be calling up the REPOST symbols all over. I thought you pretty much got your point across in the first post? When you continue to banter on and on about it....it does seem to be boarderlining "hating or flaming" the guy....yes.
Dont start with you?
The only reason i repeated myself is becuase people were posting and i was bringing up different facts that expaned upon what was said initially. So repeat myself yes, if it means educating potential buys that may not like the kit, but think it's openings will cool the car and increase horsepower, then i will repeat myself again and educate them. And i suppose the little winglets on the front of the kit help with downforce too. I see everyone jumping on the cooling effect but staye quiet on the little ricer winglets on the front. Whatever, my opinion is i think that bumper without anything behind it makes the car look like a poser<sp?>. Get better/thicker mesh or an IC behind it. my
Old 07-28-2006, 11:12 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

very well....by all means...continue.....

Not like I sell the kits or something....but I think some of what I said fell on deaf ears....

Old 07-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything and everything can be consider rice in the eyes of automotive public....that is to say, as long as it's not their car.

Hey people have their own opinions, i happen to think the whole black with polished lip look is rice, but high polish wheels are hot and are going to be the next craze, along side with brushed aluminum. I'm sure the general population of modders will disagree with me.

The word rice over the years has gotten so ridiculous in it's use. Anything that isn't the norm is deemed rice now (norm= clean looking car, lip kit, jdm). However when I was back in the high school (8 years ago) the word rice was thrown around at cars that were don’t in an untactful manner meaning low quality parts, parts that were part of a fad or generally poor workmanship. But the kids of today throw out the word rice when ever they see something that doesn’t “boost their coolness factor” in front of their friends. Remember, the general tuner population feels drift cars are the hottest things in the industry now, however huge spoilers, massive decals, full bodykits are considered rice to the same tuner population….
Old 07-28-2006, 11:18 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

very well....by all means...continue.....

Not like I sell the kits or something....but I think some of what I said fell on deaf ears....
I heard what you said. I'll repeat something i said. You gotta do what makes you happy, people will always have their opinions both good and bad, and everyone will always try to make their point understood. I had an opinion and some agreed and some didnt, no sweat. To the guys that got or get this kit, have fun modding and just cover the front a little more with thicker mesh so it doesnt look incomplete thats all.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Originally Posted by limited
Anything and everything can be consider rice in the eyes of automotive public....that is to say, as long as it's not their car.

Hey people have their own opinions, i happen to think the whole black with polished lip look is rice, but high polish wheels are hot and are going to be the next craze, along side with brushed aluminum. I'm sure the general population of modders will disagree with me.

The word rice over the years has gotten so ridiculous in it's use. Anything that isn't the norm is deemed rice now (norm= clean looking car, lip kit, jdm). However when I was back in the high school (8 years ago) the word rice was thrown around at cars that were don’t in an untactful manner meaning low quality parts, parts that were part of a fad or generally poor workmanship. But the kids of today throw out the word rice when ever they see something that doesn’t “boost their coolness factor” in front of their friends. Remember, the general tuner population feels drift cars are the hottest things in the industry now, however huge spoilers, massive decals, full bodykits are considered rice to the same tuner population….
I dont mind the big wings and bumpers as long as they have a function. I've always been about modding for function over form. Thats why my Trans Am makes tons of power, but looks stock. Whn i finish modding the motor, then i will get a functional ram air hood, nice wheels that dont rob power or grip and thats it. But you are right, the word rice has def been changed a few times throughout the years.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

You gotta do what makes you happy, people will always have their opinions both good and bad
True dat! We both agree here fully!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:25 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

True dat! We both agree here fully!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:32 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

that kit doesn't look that good, and the fitment is even worse imo.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:48 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont start with you?
The only reason i repeated myself is becuase people were posting and i was bringing up different facts that expaned upon what was said initially. So repeat myself yes, if it means educating potential buys that may not like the kit, but think it's openings will cool the car and increase horsepower, then i will repeat myself again and educate them. And i suppose the little winglets on the front of the kit help with downforce too. I see everyone jumping on the cooling effect but staye quiet on the little ricer winglets on the front. Whatever, my opinion is i think that bumper without anything behind it makes the car look like a poser<sp?>. Get better/thicker mesh or an IC behind it. my
i never said anything about increasing the HP of the car, because that is just silly from a bumper redesign. i guarantee that if you went on a 10 min highway ride, his car and another stock TL, parker the cars and took a temp readout of engine temp and engine bay temp his would be lower.

you seem like you know your shit, but are being a little biased because it is a ricey kit, i agree.

like you said, the fan stops when a certain amount of airflow is obtained, and this design would allow more direct airflow onto the coil and into the engine bay, cooling faster and without aide from the fan.

to each their own and i would not put that on my car. not enough function is gained from the sacrifice in astehtics.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:58 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Originally Posted by ding069
i never said anything about increasing the HP of the car, because that is just silly from a bumper redesign. i guarantee that if you went on a 10 min highway ride, his car and another stock TL, parker the cars and took a temp readout of engine temp and engine bay temp his would be lower.

you seem like you know your shit, but are being a little biased because it is a ricey kit, i agree.

like you said, the fan stops when a certain amount of airflow is obtained, and this design would allow more direct airflow onto the coil and into the engine bay, cooling faster and without aide from the fan.

to each their own and i would not put that on my car. not enough function is gained from the sacrifice in astehtics.
Agreed
Old 07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by special-ed
maybe that's what it is......the mesh. I'd try going with a mesh with smaller holes to make it more classier looking.
Yeah, the more I look at it, since there's no intercooler (yet at least!) A thicker mesh/mesh with smaller holes I think will help the overall look remain classy/sporty.
I agree with big in the sense that the current mesh shows the stock internals too much, so best to at least leave it hidden and keep others guessing in the meantime.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:51 PM
B A N N E D

Nice kit, what does rice mean? lol
Old 07-28-2006, 06:12 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Originally Posted by special-ed
Yeah, the more I look at it, since there's no intercooler (yet at least!) A thicker mesh/mesh with smaller holes I think will help the overall look remain classy/sporty.
I agree with big in the sense that the current mesh shows the stock internals too much, so best to at least leave it hidden and keep others guessing in the meantime.
Look at the Evolv Volvos. They have big mouth kits with thicker mesh, it looks way less ricey.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

damn I leave the thread for a few days and kaboom. The kit is too aggressive for the TL unless you gonna throw an intercooler in there.

Eric,
Your TL is in a completely different category you have always pushed the envelope with it and I think the versus front bumper on your car is fitting and since you are boosted when you throw the intercooler on there even better.

Personally I don't think a whole bunch of mesh belongs on the TL but it's his car and we should respect that. You can never please everyone on a forum and shouldn't expect to do so, there are always fools who think they know more and are better than the next guy.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:52 PM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by CL Platano
damn I leave the thread for a few days and kaboom. The kit is too aggressive for the TL unless you gonna throw an intercooler in there.

Eric,
Your TL is in a completely different category you have always pushed the envelope with it and I think the versus front bumper on your car is fitting and since you are boosted when you throw the intercooler on there even better.

Personally I don't think a whole bunch of mesh belongs on the TL but it's his car and we should respect that. You can never please everyone on a forum and shouldn't expect to do so, there are always fools who think they know more and are better than the next guy.
Thanks bro. I take modding to the xtreme when it comes to the TL.

The mesh would look better if it were painted black in my opinion, and this is what i'll probably end up doing when the bumper goes to paint.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:57 PM
tehLEGOman

Here is another picture of one of my all time favorite Acura Cl's. This car inspired me to put some of the same components on my TL.

...features a front bumper with center and side air dams and all the good stuff.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:12 PM
tehLEGOman

Here is a third generation TL in motion deprived of Oxygen. Look at this poor thing. It is begging for more air.

muuussttt....haaavvve....AAIIIRRRR!!! (jim carrey on ace ventura inside the rhino)

Old 07-29-2006, 11:29 AM
B A N N E D

that acura tl ^^ looks AWFUL, I think. and it needs cleared out corners. RICEEE
Old 07-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Racer

This is what I consider rice....

His car is far from being RICE!!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Intermediate

HAHAH!! i agree with Youngn

but then again, if those mods make their owners happy, why stop em?
Old 07-31-2006, 08:46 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

I love how people change the definition of rice for each car. Rice use to have a certain meaning, now it's completley changed.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:36 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Look at the Evolv Volvos. They have big mouth kits with thicker mesh, it looks way less ricey.
best looking volvos i have ever seen. even the S60 R looks blah stock.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:59 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

I love how people change the definition of rice for each car. Rice use to have a certain meaning, now it's completley changed.
Very true Big!! We were just talking about this yesterday at a local meet. Look up ricer in wikipedia....it has about a mile long definition that would almost classify all our cars as rice somewhere in it...check it out...

"Ricing" (a term usually not used by the modifier himself) a vehicle is meant to emulate the aesthetic work of independent automotive car tuning companies who modify more than just appearance, and to give an appearance of greater ability than the car actually has. Ricing is generally looked down upon amongst people who perform engine tuning and other performance racing modifications.

Common aftermarket modifications in this style can include:
  • Body modifications
    • Aerodynamic-looking or artistically creative body kits
    • Wings and spoilers that serve no useful function
      • Many wings used are not tuned in windtunnels, and are not useful even at high speeds; they may cause excessive drag and wind noise as well.
      • Rear aerodynamic wings are normally used to increase downforce on the rear of car in order to increase traction for what typically are the rear drive wheels, whereas the use of a spoiler on a front wheel drive car has little effect on the drive wheel traction, and in some cases can reduce traction.
    • Carbon fiber hoods (sometimes fiberglass replicas made to look like carbon fiber, or just decorative self adhesive plastic with carbon fiber look)
    • Non-functional hood scoops
    • Excessively large wheels ("rims") (for example chromed, or "dubs") that often decrease acceleration due to higher rotational inertia. Handling is also often made worse by the extra unsprung weight.
    • Spinner wheel covers, which result in the wheels appearing to rotate either slower or faster than reality. These can be dangerous if improperly maintained, and also increase unsprung weight.
    • Dual windshield wipers replaced with a single-wiper mechanism
    • Improperly lowered suspension, such as stock springs shortened by heating or cutting. This action is frowned upon by both seasoned tuners and spring manufacturers. Heating a spring will remove the tempering and weaken it, ultimately causing failure, and cutting springs may severely compromise safety and handling characteristics.
  • Aesthetics
    • Bright paint or interior, frequently in contrasting colors
    • Decals and stickers for aftermarket parts not actually present on the vehicle
      • Sometimes with the name of the car's model in a stylized font, usually covering the upper rear window or front windshield
      • Or other lettering in kanji or kana characters
    • Badging from other higher-performance vehicles (Honda's "Type-R" and Nissan's "GT-R" being the most common)
    • Badging from JDM tuning companies like Mugen, Nismo, etc.
    • Other graphics that seem to not "fit" with the car (side graphics, flames, racing stripes, etc.)
  • A loud, free-flowing exhaust system with a large cylindrical resonator at the rear of the car, known as a "fart cannon" and many other colorful names. Some vehicles also sport dual-pipe catback exhaust systems with two exhaust tips. If carefully designed for the engine, these can provide a small performance increase—but typically, they lower the velocity of exhaust flow and thereby decrease power output.
    • In many cases, only the last few inches of the exhaust are replaced, producing no change in performance or sound. These are sometimes called "coffee cans", based on one method of constructing them.
  • Racing equipment used in an improper manner. For example, a racing tachometer, typically Auto Meter or other imitation brands as an cheaper option, used in an automatic transmission car that was meant to be used in a manual transmission car.
  • Lighting
    • Decorative neon and LED lighting in addition to the regular head/tail lamps and brake/turn signals, such as lighted windshield washer nozzles and tire valve caps, underbody neon lighting ("hover lights"), etc.
    • Modification of turn signals to blink faster than normal
    • So-called "Bad Boy" headlights, meant to give a frowning appearance and popular in Europe
    • Euro-style taillights, also known as "Altezza"-style lights or "Altezzas" (equally popular and known as "Lexus" lights in Europe)
    • Super-bright headlight bulbs (although most of these bulbs offer better lighting than conventional halogen bulbs), sometimes of illegal specification and poorly aligned; colored bulbs, also often illegal, which are used for turning signals, side-markers, etc.
    • Unnecessary fog lights and extra lighting units usually intended for off-road vehicles (often intended for Rally races), generally illuminated in inappropriate conditions, dangerous or illegal manners, or even intentionally nonfunctional.
  • Sloppy workmanship
    • Poorly fitted body kits
    • Areas of exposed primer and/or body filler (Bondo)
    • Car has any of the aforementioned modifications, yet appears to have not been properly cared for (dirty, parts of the car with smashed or dented body work, etc.)
Not all automobiles with any of these modifications are rice burners, nor are all merely cosmetic. Some drivers who opt to perform one or a few of these stereotypical ricer modifications to their car will argue that they did not intend to make their car appear fast in the first place; their goal was simply to improve the look of their vehicle for purely cosmetic purposes, or for functionality. However, some modifications by themselves are almost immediately labeled as ricing. For example, the large and loud exhaust tip and/or dual cat-back exhaust systems are synonymous with rice-burning, as are large aftermarket spoilers, even if no other modifications are done to the car.

Not all the above modifications are necessarily useless from a performance standpoint. A properly designed body kit can improve aerodynamic performance by increasing downforce, which increases available traction. Carbon fiber is extensively used in racing and high performance cars because of its high strength to weight ratio. Formula 1 cars have used carbon fiber chassis and bodywork since the 1980s. Among production cars, the Enzo Ferrari and Porsche Carrera GT both feature bodies made almost entirely from carbon fiber, and Time Attack competitions in Japan sometimes feature cars with mostly or all carbon fiber bodies.

To contrast proper engineering with ricing, replacing a steel hood with an aftermarket carbon fiber hood typically saves 15-25 pounds. When looked at as a percentage of the total vehicle weight, this usually amounts to less than 1%, and is unlikely to result in any measurable performance gain. Spending a significant amount of money on conspicuous performance modifications that do little to actually increase performance is the very essence of ricing.

Identity crisis

An identity crisis can occur when an individual adds decals, badges or other identifiers from one type of vehicle onto another vehicle of the wrong type, or to a vehicle that does not contain the modifications or special attributes indicated by the accessory. Examples could include an Impreza WRX sporting a VTEC sticker, or a Honda CR-X with a TRD (Toyota Racing Development) badge. Honda vehicles, as an example, can often be observed with examples of identity crisis between different versions of the same models, with Type R badges on sedan Civics (the Civic Type R is only available in two-door hatchback form) and older Civics made before the Type R was available.

American cars can also suffer from this. A Ford Mustang may have a GT badge, indicating it has a V8 engine, but the car may only have a V6.

OK...crank me in for another one of those "longest post" awards! Anyway...with this technical broad definition....if you really wanted to get technical....prob most of our cars are rice. If thats the fact...I guess we are all proud ricers!!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Ryan Christopher

^^^^
yes, look at those overly large rims on the TL!!! Total rice, not to mention the Hurst shift knob!! WOW, what a ricer!!!

Just need to add a few decals to pick up some extra HP now!!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:53 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

^^^^
yes, look at those overly large rims on the TL!!! Total rice, not to mention the Hurst shift knob!! WOW, what a ricer!!!

Just need to add a few decals to pick up some extra HP now!!
I was thinking a HUGE Acura emblem offset on the hood would at least pick me up an additional 4HP....lol. Actually...we call that Blue Evo the sticker mobile....lol....and a ricer at best! And yep....pretty much ANYBODY with a wing or lip spoiler on a FWD car is a total ricer according to wikipedia....

If thats the case....I guess we just love rice? Hey....maybe we arent ricers....but rice cookers!

And heck...that Honda in your Avatar fits almost every definition of it...lol. But damn nice car nonetheless in my opinion!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Ryan Christopher

I was thinking a HUGE Acura emblem offset on the hood would at least pick me up an additional 4HP....lol. Actually...we call that Blue Evo the sticker mobile....lol....and a ricer at best! And yep....pretty much ANYBODY with a wing or lip spoiler on a FWD car is a total ricer according to wikipedia....

If thats the case....I guess we just love rice? Hey....maybe we arent ricers....but rice cookers!

And heck...that Honda in your Avatar fits almost every definition of it...lol. But damn nice car nonetheless in my opinion!
With the way they have it stated, ours are fine.

"Wings and spoilers that serve no useful function"

The Honda wing and lip spoiler where both designed to give some additional down force on the rear, which can be useful on a front wheel drive. If there is not enough, at high speeds, the rear will float. I have some issues with the definition, but they seem to start everything with the "useful function" clause.

So unless I am sponsored by someone, I don't put stickers on the car.

But to each there own, if a person is happy with it, so be it. You did it because you like it, not because you wanted ever one else to like it. So keep on modding the cars, and do what you feel is best looking. Not to mention, you paid for it, not that person saying it is "ricey". So enjoy, take the compliments you get and move on.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:17 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

With the way they have it stated, ours are fine.

"Wings and spoilers that serve no useful function"

The Honda wing and lip spoiler where both designed to give some additional down force on the rear, which can be useful on a front wheel drive. If there is not enough, at high speeds, the rear will float. I have some issues with the definition, but they seem to start everything with the "useful function" clause.

So unless I am sponsored by someone, I don't put stickers on the car.

But to each there own, if a person is happy with it, so be it. You did it because you like it, not because you wanted ever one else to like it. So keep on modding the cars, and do what you feel is best looking. Not to mention, you paid for it, not that person saying it is "ricey". So enjoy, take the compliments you get and move on.
Actually...those other cars are not mine....was at a friends house (sticker mobiles house) and the other guys stopped by. That motorcycle has turbo & nitrous....was crazy sounding. And yep...stickerboy is sponsored by all those people. Its got an AMS stroker engine in it running just under 30# of boost rated at over 450HP. But we still like to give stickerboy a hard time. I guess I do have an Acurazine sticker on the TL....wow....rice! White rice at that!

I agree...do what ya want and dont get caught up on terms.....cause the hater will be there no matter what! And most of em.....in domestic trash!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Ryan Christopher

Actually...those other cars are not mine....was at a friends house (sticker mobiles house) and the other guys stopped by. That motorcycle has turbo & nitrous....was crazy sounding. And yep...stickerboy is sponsored by all those people. Its got an AMS stroker engine in it running just under 30# of boost rated at over 450HP. But we still like to give stickerboy a hard time. I guess I do have an Acurazine sticker on the TL....wow....rice! White rice at that!

I agree...do what ya want and dont get caught up on terms.....cause the hater will be there no matter what! And most of em.....in domestic trash!
Correction, SLOW domestic trash!!

Quick Reply: versus Motorsport bodykit