Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I did some early shopping for my soon-to-be TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 08:24 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I did some early shopping for my soon-to-be TL

I went to the dealership today to do a couple things... test out the Sony Ericsson K700 (since my friend hasn't responded to me since thursday, I know he's been busy with school and work) and to price out a non-navi TL. I walked into the dealer and it looked like some of the guys were busy so I went to the receptionist and asked her for a salesman. First guy I got didn't want anything to do with me, unless if I was buying today. All he did was throw numbers at me, fill out a customer walk-in form and that's it. I asked him a couple questions to which he responded quickly. Then I asked if I could pair the K700 with the TL and he said in these exact words "You'll have to buy the car before we can test out your phone. The delivery guy will show you how to do that." I took that with a grain of salt and walked around the lobby while talking to my friend on the phone. He tried to convince me to look at BMW and Audi, and I was like nope sorry. While peering into an Abyss Blue Pearl TL in the lobby

So I went back to the receptionist and asked for the "delivery" guy. I introduced myself and asked if I could test out the bluetooth on the K700 cause the other person wouldn't let me. He responded really quietly, that's bullshit. When I pulled out the phone, he looked surprised and asked me details about the phone and its specs. Ok, so he pairs it up, calls me, I call a friend, test it out and had this feeling like I was a kid at the playground all over again (and listening to a DVD-A playing afterwards). I turned over and asked him who he would recommend for a salesman. He replied with another person and so I talked to that particular guy and the delivery guy. At that point it started pouring outside We went back in and talked some more. So at the end, I talked to 2 main people who helped me out greatly and I will be going back to make my purchase here in the near future. Hopefully sooner than later cause the car is one sexy beast. I also talked to some people about phones and firmware. They were very receptive of my knowledge and I welcomed all their questions as they did with me about the car. Overall, my experience today was a rating of 9/10 and if I had the money and financing ready, I would've drove out with a TL this afternoon. I would've given the visit a 10/10 if the first guy didn't help me in the beginning. My rating would've been a 2/10 if I had left after the first salesman but I stuck around cause my friend kept me on the phone so I couldn't drive and thank goodness he did. </end rant>

cliffsnotes: Went to the dealer. First guy didn't want to help, therefore will not get the sale. <insert expletives about him> Second & Third guys helped and salesman will get the sale and delivery guy will get a discount if he wants to buy a phone from me. I have a good friend for keeping me on the phone and further solidifying my feelings towards the TL.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Man, glad to know your purchase has made the progress today.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by rets
Man, glad to know your purchase has made the progress today.
I left feeling very happy today and my day has been going real well. These guys really know their stuff and they're real cool. Dinner time, I'm starving!
Old 06-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Racer

Thats first sales guy is a piece of crap. I would show him the paper work after you buy and let him know that he could have made the sale, had he not been an ass earlier. I mean hell, if it came down to simply allowing you to test your stinken phone for a sale, I would let you test it.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Team Nighthawk Water Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job..
Some are really nice salesman and some are :fingerfawk:
Old 06-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ensley696
Thats first sales guy is a piece of crap. I would show him the paper work after you buy and let him know that he could have made the sale, had he not been an ass earlier. I mean hell, if it came down to simply allowing you to test your stinken phone for a sale, I would let you test it.
That's not the only thing. I might be buying 2 and I told him that...the second one would be for my dad and hopefully my sister and I will split it...or a 3 way split between my mom, sister and me. I told the 3nd person (salesman) that whoever let me try to pair my phone would get my sale. That was pretty obvious who it was but the delivery guy doesn't do sales so that's why I offered him a discount on a phone instead. Just because I look young doesn't mean I am young and I had well enough money to drive away with the TL today but I want to put more down. For the 1st salesman, his loss... he just doesn't know the power of the internet and if I started to name names, it might get ugly.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:22 PM
1st Gear

haha yeah alex, dont name names lol or it'll spread damn quick through the internet lol

i went there yesterday, didnt have that bad of an experience but still.. haha they had to clean up after me cuz i was droolin over the TL-S on the showroom
Old 06-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Advanced

Alex,
Do everyone in your town a favor and let the sales manager know what a jackass the first guy was. This may prevent other people from dealing with him, and send a message to the other salesman that mistreatment of customers is unexceptable.

EZ
Old 06-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Racer

Ah, car salesmen. A breed apart, especially in Vegas. For some reason, there's a plethora of jackasses here. I could go on for hours about the BS I've been told. The local Lexus dealer wanted $500 to test drive an SC430. A Dodge dealer told us that we couldn't buy the truck we wanted, and that the information on Dodge's website was wrong!

We did get the Dodge we wanted at another dealer. We contacted them by email and said "This is what we want. This is how much we'll pay. We'll be in 7pm Wednesday to test drive the closest match. First sign of BS, we're leaving." It worked

I do love how they judge you on appearances - youth, dress, etc. Hubby has his "car shopping shorts" - purple ones with holes in. Match those with the scruffy green Tshirt, sandals and beard and some of the salesguys won't even look at us!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Hi Ho Silver

Hello everyone, I'm a nubee to this Forum. I just purchased my new TL ( Silver w/Ebony- Automatic w/Nav). I love it so. I was wondering if I got a good deal ? I shopped around for two months - on line and visiting dealers around my area. I got the car pretty much loaded, Door moldings, Rear wing, Mud flaps, Nav of course!, Automatic, Trunk Tray, All season matts with the regular matts to and pretty much all the other standard equipment. What I need to know is I paid $33.500.00 for it and I was wondering if I got taken to the cleaners on the price I paid. I would like to hear from all you TL lovers out there who got pricing that was cheaper or I made out in the deal......Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Racer

Casey2529,

Congrats on your getting the TL!!!! Happy driving...
Old 07-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi Ho Silver

Thanks, I love my TL - I had a Ford Explorer before this and When I saw the TL I had to have it. And when I test drove it I really had to have it. I'm still finding out what it can do. Reading all about the NAV and everything else gets kind of complicated but I guess once I get through it all I will love it more.