Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silver TL @ Englishtown Street Wars

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:52 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver TL @ Englishtown Street Wars

i was at street wars today and there was a silver tl with ron jon body kit and ron jon servos on running on the track.. just curious who it was and if it was anyone on here? and wondering why you only ran a 15.6... but nice car.. i walked pass the car and realize the body kit paint didnt match well either.. but overal nice car..
Old 03-04-2006, 05:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by I10O0I1
iand wondering why you only ran a 15.6... but ..

LOL. had to throw that in their huh?
Old 03-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Advanced

i was gonna put the same post up. but i got beat to it apparently..but yea whoevers TL that was it was lookin good. me n my boy saw it come on the line n we were liek dats sick. the wheels lookd mad good on tha car.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by JDacTL
i was gonna put the same post up. but i got beat to it apparently..but yea whoevers TL that was it was lookin good. me n my boy saw it come on the line n we were liek dats sick. the wheels lookd mad good on tha car.
i saw a black 2nd gen tl there also but didnt run was that your car????
Old 03-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

Originally Posted by invincible569
LOL. had to throw that in their huh?
wasnt trying to mean... it was an auto.. i thought autos ran 14.7 hmmm maybe the wheel were too heavy hehe
Old 03-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Advanced

i saw a black 2nd gen tl there also but didnt run was that your car????
yea most likely. mynes still stock. it was jus parked in the lot. wit NJ plates.?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

yea most likely. mynes still stock. it was jus parked in the lot. wit NJ plates.?
didnt really look at your plates but i saw you.. you were parked on the end towards the back.. and you were the only 2nd gen tl there... i also saw you when u were leaving i was sitting in my car.. if you remember seeing a black tl parked on the left... maybe not but... i had fun did you?
Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Advanced

yea i probably actually did c u over there. yea i had a sick time. but it was mad cold. if it was a little warmer n less windy it woulda been 100% fun.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
englishtown

that was my car that was on the track... i did 3 runs my 1st was 15.3 then 15.8 and last was 15.6, each run i was changin my suspension settings to see which was better. i have the tien s/s coiler with the edfc controller..the 1st run suspension was on the stiffer side setting #2, the 2nd the softest setting #16, and last run i had it a lil stiffer #6... i also messed up on the last run...the car is automatic... i had it in L on take off and i was plannin to shift straight into sportshift but didn't work out to well... i was just havin fun..i never planned to run down the track.. i had my system in the trunk... and with the rims i thought weight would be against me...i bought the car in nov. 03 and the kit was installed in mid 2005 i believe, so i thnk the car was weathered?... accordin the ron the kit won't match perfectly unless u had everything repainted..due to the elements..after those runs down the track i think i want to get it supercharged or have a 75 shot of nos installed and do another run down the track...
Old 03-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Advanced

oo. yea well it was lookin nice tho. not everythings bout speed. lol. but TL's move soo its not bad either way. good luck wit ur mods. ill probly b at honda day so mayb ill c u there.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by StYLeZz101
that was my car that was on the track... i did 3 runs my 1st was 15.3 then 15.8 and last was 15.6, each run i was changin my suspension settings to see which was better. i have the tien s/s coiler with the edfc controller..the 1st run suspension was on the stiffer side setting #2, the 2nd the softest setting #16, and last run i had it a lil stiffer #6... i also messed up on the last run...the car is automatic... i had it in L on take off and i was plannin to shift straight into sportshift but didn't work out to well... i was just havin fun..i never planned to run down the track.. i had my system in the trunk... and with the rims i thought weight would be against me...i bought the car in nov. 03 and the kit was installed in mid 2005 i believe, so i thnk the car was weathered?... accordin the ron the kit won't match perfectly unless u had everything repainted..due to the elements..after those runs down the track i think i want to get it supercharged or have a 75 shot of nos installed and do another run down the track...
Your times seem consistent with the one that I videotaped last Fall --> Link (Unless this was you also.)

That said, as long as you had fun, that's all that matters.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

i saw u pull to the lot after your run and was going to say hi but when i turned around no one was in the car.. lol but nice looking tl though... i have an 05 and was thinking about running but i didnt have enough money...
Old 03-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

yea i probably actually did c u over there. yea i had a sick time. but it was mad cold. if it was a little warmer n less windy it woulda been 100% fun.
yea it was freaking cold.. i dont know if you saw me i was the little asian kid with 2 other shorts italians and had a big north face on..
Old 03-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Racer

this was my 1st time ever running the car down a drag strip...i was nervous having everyone lookin on but after that experience i wouldn't mind doing it again...yea after i did my runs i would go back in to the stands because my friend was running his 2005 STi also.. so i wanted to see his car go down the track and the time he pulled in..
Old 03-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Advanced

yea it was freaking cold.. i dont know if you saw me i was the little asian kid with 2 other shorts italians and had a big north face on..
yea i probly did. but it coulda been 1 of the other tons of kids wearin north faces thier. i no i had myne on n was still freezin. lol
Old 03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Would love to see some pics of the car with the kit and wheels. If you do have Servos indeed, then weight shouldn't be an issue at all, they only weigh 25 lbs, same as stock, even tho the tires prolly weigh less then stock tires. Would actually help a bit since stock tires suck.
Maybe a CAI will do the trick and free up some ponies.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Burning Brakes

i wanted to go to this but i couldnt make it. I had to go into work for a last minute thing.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,615 Likes on 2,194 Posts
Too bad they don't do this stuff in Cleveland, it sounds fun. If I were less busy, I'd try to organize something.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Racer

my rims are not the servo they are the chrome inspyre from ronjon...i have the 18x8.5 with 245/40/18 toyo proxes 4
Old 03-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neuronbob
Too bad they don't do this stuff in Cleveland, it sounds fun. If I were less busy, I'd try to organize something.
yea its alota fun. n im mad lucky cause i live like 10 mins from raceway park.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Racer

spring nationals would be the time to def. go out there
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

spring nationals would be the time to def. go out there
o yea and at spring nationals im gonna be running u can bet on that
Old 03-07-2006, 10:30 PM
Banned

learn how to drive it before you put more embarassing numbers down with a power adder.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I know none of that happens here in the Northwest...... bummer
Old 03-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Racer

yea its alota fun. n im mad lucky cause i live like 10 mins from raceway park.
yea...learn how to drive it... did u not read the thread when i said i was changin the suspensions settings... did u not watch the video that was posted by F23A4.. who ever was drivin that tl posted about the same numbers... i can drive my car.... so what numbers have u put down on a track???
Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by FightingTL
learn how to drive it before you put more embarassing numbers down with a power adder.
yea...learn how to drive it... did u not read the thread when i said i was changin the suspensions settings... did u not watch the video that was posted by F23A4.. who ever was drivin that tl posted about the same numbers... i can drive my car.... so what numbers have u put down on a track???
Old 03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Which track is the closest to the GW bridge or in the tristate area. When is E-town going to be open again? I def want to run my car and check times...
Old 03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Its already open. You can go down on a wed night and run on a test and tune night with out worrying about brackets. let me know when you are going to go, ill meet up with you. Go to http://www.racewaypark.com/ and click on drag schuedule for details on days and times.

Originally Posted by rondog
Which track is the closest to the GW bridge or in the tristate area. When is E-town going to be open again? I def want to run my car and check times...
Old 03-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

Let me start off by saying that I find the idea of bringing a FWD entry-level luxury sedan with a marginal power output to the track, ridiculous.

With that said, when someone pulls mid 15's in this car it's a freaking joke. You can play with your suspension settings all you want, make it your excuse for all I care. The fact is that your suspension is a small part of the reason you run 15's.

Personally I have put down 13.0-13.1 at the track, just not with a FWD TL.

We've dealt with this before on this site, 15's is not what an Auto TL should run, and the from the video's i've seen, you guys havent figured out how to drive your FWD cars.

Heck I ran 14.7 with a FWD I35 sport, my car before the TL. The same car that I beat with my auto TL. Granted the street is a far cry from the track, the fact is you guys are not doing something right when you're a full second off magazine times, and physics reality for this cars weight and power.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Let me start off by saying that I find the idea of bringing a FWD entry-level luxury sedan with a marginal power output to the track, ridiculous.

With that said, when someone pulls mid 15's in this car it's a freaking joke. You can play with your suspension settings all you want, make it your excuse for all I care. The fact is that your suspension is a small part of the reason you run 15's.

Personally I have put down 13.0-13.1 at the track, just not with a FWD TL.

We've dealt with this before on this site, 15's is not what an Auto TL should run, and the from the video's i've seen, you guys havent figured out how to drive your FWD cars.

Heck I ran 14.7 with a FWD I35 sport, my car before the TL. The same car that I beat with my auto TL. Granted the street is a far cry from the track, the fact is you guys are not doing something right when you're a full second off magazine times, and physics reality for this cars weight and power.
With all do respect to both of you!

Fighting TL, I understand what you are saying. But in defense to StYLeZz101 . He stated that he did not intend on racing that day. he still had his system in the car which ads weight. Also the temperature is quite cold out here in Jersey, so the traction is horrendous. i went to the track last week and the best I could pull was a 14.28. last summer with half the mods I ran a 13.9. I have quite a bit more power now and I could not get traction. If it was his first time at the track then its good that he even made it down with out redlighting it or something else. Just give the kid a break man. he was just trying to have some fun.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Originally Posted by blktl1

Fighting TL, I understand what you are saying. But in defense to StYLeZz101 . He stated that he did not intend on racing that day. he still had his system in the car which ads weight. Also the temperature is quite cold out here in Jersey, so the traction is horrendous. i went to the track last week and the best I could pull was a 14.28. last summer with half the mods I ran a 13.9. I have quite a bit more power now and I could not get traction. If it was his first time at the track then its good that he even made it down with out redlighting it or something else. Just give the kid a break man. he was just trying to have some fun.
Word..I don't see the big deal. The guy is just out there having fun, it aint like he gutted the car, put on slicks, and add a roll cage. It's just for fun, Fighting you need to relax.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Banned

Good points.

What 60 fts were you pulling?
Old 03-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Good points.

What 60 fts were you pulling?

My best was a 2.2. I could not go full throttle in 1st gear. it was killing me! During the summer months I can pull 2.0's almost every time.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Also you just almost spin through out 2nd gear. its just not a good time of year to be going if you ask me.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Import and Domestic owner

Also you just almost spin through out 2nd gear. its just not a good time of year to be going if you ask me.
I second that. I went to the track this past sunday and the best I pulled was 14.7... Back in October I ran with 18 less horsepower (before procats) and I managed to pull a 14.307 at 99mph. 60' was 2.20. I found out yesterday that because I had added more mods to my car that one of the bolts on the y pipe vibrated out and I had an exhaust leak. Fixed it yesterday and my mechanic told me that Acura rotated my tires on backwards, the rotation arrow was facing the rear of the car on all 4's. I didnt even notice it. I brought it back to Acura dealership and they rotated them back to normal. Last time I will bring my car to Acura for anything except warranty issues. So with my tires on wrong, exhaust leak, and I also had almost a full tank of gas(didnt plan on going to the track that day) I ran a 14.7. Weather was 41 degrees with 55% humidity. On a warmer day I might be able to pull a 13.9 hopefully. I guess I will have to go and find out before I add the supercharger.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts

VERY well stated!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Team NightHawk VP

i ran my auto tl at the track a couple times and best i ran was 14.9 with rims and intake.

but other than that i ran low 15s consistantly