Sponsored by:

RRP is Finally Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRP is Finally Here!!!

Guys,

I finally picked up my RRP/Ebony Navi on Saturday after waiting almost for 2 months and have done nothing but driving this weekend....its such a sweet car...

Thanks for all input you guys provided in my decision making... When I went to pick up my car, I had the dealer keep SSM/Ebony ready just incase I didn't RRP/Ebony..But after seeing it person for the first time I knew that was the combination I wanted...

Check out the pics

Old 02-15-2005, 06:22 AM
Intermediate

Sharp looking car! Did you know ahead of time that you were going to have to wait 2 months to get it?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Great color combo, I am enjoying that myself....good luck with your car...keep it looking good.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rickyd7
Sharp looking car! Did you know ahead of time that you were going to have to wait 2 months to get it?
Thanks Guys...

Well...When I first went in they said they were gonna try to locate one on the east coast, but they found none so they told me the build date and everything next day and to my surprise it built on exactly on that date. I really like how they handled everything.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, the RRP/Ebony is like Hen's teeth.

looks JUST like mine!
Old 02-15-2005, 02:38 PM
2005 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi

I like that color more every time i see it!
Old 02-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

Sweet Color!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Straight outta JERSEY ...

Originally Posted by ThaShef
Thanks Guys...

Well...When I first went in they said they were gonna try to locate one on the east coast, but they found none so they told me the build date and everything next day and to my surprise it built on exactly on that date. I really like how they handled everything.
your plates say ramsey acura in NJ .... is that where you bought it ???
Old 02-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Racer

That looks awesome. That was my second choice right behind NBP. RRP looks terrific with the parchment interior. How difficult is RRP to keep clean?
Old 02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrchoopa2u
your plates say ramsey acura in NJ .... is that where you bought it ???
Yup...Got it at Ramsey Acura...they gave me the best price on car in NY/NJ area...the only reason I bought the car up there instead of NC was I moved down to NC recently and also none of the dealers in this area could beat that price...
Old 02-15-2005, 10:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Gorgeous girl you got there !!! The OEM bodykit looks really sweet on this color too. Another RRP owner posted pix a few months back and I was pleasantly surprised. Either way, congrads on your new purchase.

dsc888
Old 02-15-2005, 11:03 PM
[]( O)( O)% []D[][]V[][]D

had that color combo as a loaner today...awesome...i must say very elegant
Old 02-16-2005, 12:27 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Check out the pics

That is one sweet color you have there. Very rare too!! I think I only saw one where I live!!!! I wonder how it would look lowered w/some 19inch shoes!! Yeh!!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm Baaack!

Originally Posted by HondaOnly
That looks awesome. That was my second choice right behind NBP. RRP looks terrific with the parchment interior. How difficult is RRP to keep clean?

Have mine going on 6 months now ... it's a tough color to keep clean, but it looks so good when clean I don't mind the extra effort.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Thanks...It def. going to be hard keeping it clean considering it a really dark color. But I think its still worth it..

Originally Posted by ed99

That is one sweet color you have there. Very rare too!! I think I only saw one where I live!!!! I wonder how it would look lowered w/some 19inch shoes!! Yeh!!
If I get enough money than it might be a mod to consider.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats Shef! I got mine Friday and have been spending time in the garage with her all week. We are heavy into our Oak Pollen season here in Florida, which leaves a mustard colored thick dust on the car every day. Even garaged at home & at the office, it has been rare for me to yet admire that color & finish in the sun. I expect I'll be washing her down this weekend.

I am an OEM guy myself, but I did get those blue LEDs from Ebay for the interior lights. I like it. It would look better still with that slick black interior.

Enjoy!
Old 02-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Straight outta JERSEY ...

Yup...Got it at Ramsey Acura...they gave me the best price on car in NY/NJ area...the only reason I bought the car up there instead of NC was I moved down to NC recently and also none of the dealers in this area could beat that price...
yeah .. i shopped for my car there. they gave me a good price .... but open road acura in wayne ... did better ...

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CAR ....
Old 02-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TampaMike
Congrats Shef! I got mine Friday and have been spending time in the garage with her all week. We are heavy into our Oak Pollen season here in Florida, which leaves a mustard colored thick dust on the car every day. Even garaged at home & at the office, it has been rare for me to yet admire that color & finish in the sun. I expect I'll be washing her down this weekend.

I am an OEM guy myself, but I did get those blue LEDs from Ebay for the interior lights. I like it. It would look better still with that slick black interior.

Enjoy!
Mike, Congrats on your car too.... How was the install on the blue LEDs...I really like the blue lights in the TL...was thinking about doing that too. I am OEM guy too so its gonna be hard for me to do any big changes to the car.

I am planning on using Klasse on her next weekend. I still have to order all the stuff from exceldetail.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Racer

Blue Interior LEDs

Shef,

I like the Blue LEDs. They compliment the other blue interior accent lights. Easy enough to install, although getting a grip on the stock bulbs is best using latex gloves (and be sure the bulbs have cooled!).

I did not replace the glovebox or console box lights as it seems a bit too difficult accessing those sockets. The doors are a breeze, and the overheads simple with a small screwdriver and gentle care. Otherwise they snap out, snap in...done. I kept the OEM bulbs should I decide to return to the OEM look.

Several comments on them already, especially when the interior lights illuminate at night, while unlockling the doors. For a 30 buck enhancement, I like it.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TampaMike
Shef,

I like the Blue LEDs. They compliment the other blue interior accent lights. Easy enough to install, although getting a grip on the stock bulbs is best using latex gloves (and be sure the bulbs have cooled!).

I did not replace the glovebox or console box lights as it seems a bit too difficult accessing those sockets. The doors are a breeze, and the overheads simple with a small screwdriver and gentle care. Otherwise they snap out, snap in...done. I kept the OEM bulbs should I decide to return to the OEM look.

Several comments on them already, especially when the interior lights illuminate at night, while unlockling the doors. For a 30 buck enhancement, I like it.
Mike,
Can you please take some pictures of your car with the Blue LEDs, I am really interestd in doing this mod, but I wanna see what it looks like on RRP.

Also did you get the 6 LED or 9 LED blubs? and was it from Tech Toyz from eBay?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Racer

Shef,

I got them from Tech Toys on ebay. He has instructions on the site as well (sans the glovebox and console box lights). I ordered the 6 LED set and find them equally if not brighter than the stocks bulbs. I think the 9 LED may be too bright? Also, they fade out just as the stock bulbs do.

I will attempt get some shots this weekend and post. I think they would look even better with your ebony interior than my parch. What really looks slick is when you unlock the doors at night and they highlight the aluminum trim.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

So I decided to stop by the dealer I bought my RRP/Ebony/5AT/Navi from today, to say Hey! to the salesman.

Walked by a blue RL. Nice. No one really seemed interested, though.

There was a definite buzz a few feet away. A bunch of people circling something, and murmering. I thought someone took a spill & hurt themselves. Then I heard "Wow, this is NICE!"

The crowd parted, and a cherry RRP/Ebony/5AT/Navi sat in the middle of the crowd. Freshly cleaned, and simply SMASHING!

Man, do I love this color!

I later said to the sales manager, "I thought you said that color combo would never sell?" His reply?

"I thought of you when I ordered it."
Old 02-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bluenote
So I decided to stop by the dealer I bought my RRP/Ebony/5AT/Navi from today, to say Hey! to the salesman.

Walked by a blue RL. Nice. No one really seemed interested, though.

There was a definite buzz a few feet away. A bunch of people circling something, and murmering. I thought someone took a spill & hurt themselves. Then I heard "Wow, this is NICE!"

The crowd parted, and a cherry RRP/Ebony/5AT/Navi sat in the middle of the crowd. Freshly cleaned, and simply SMASHING!

Man, do I love this color!

I later said to the sales manager, "I thought you said that color combo would never sell?" His reply?

"I thought of you when I ordered it."
That is so true, when I ordered mine the dealer was like this is a werid combo, and he was like are you sure you want this....

And when I went to pick up the car he was like this color combination looks amazing. This was the first time he was seeing RRP/Ebony combination.

A lot people think this combination would be really dark or weird, and even at one point I said that but after seeing it in person it looks really nice. I think after seeing all the colors on the road now, I think I made the right decision and don't regret it a bit
Old 02-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Intermediate

Congratulations on your new TL. I'm sure it was worth the wait.

I also have to agree that you made the right choice with the Red/Ebony.

A rare but beautiful color on the TL. Loving mine each time I drive it or just look at it in a parking lot or my garage.

You will enjoy how nice your car will look under all different lighting conditions. Of course most amazing just washed and polished in the sunshine.

It does get dusty easily (or pollenated here in Tampa like Mike's car) but only noticeable up close. Still looks "just washed" and gorgeous from a few feet away. Any darker color will look the same as my wife's Anthracite shows dust/dirt just as much.

Enjoy showing off your new ride !!!
Old 02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

Mike,
Can you please take some pictures of your car with the Blue LEDs, I am really interestd in doing this mod, but I wanna see what it looks like on RRP.

Also did you get the 6 LED or 9 LED blubs? and was it from Tech Toyz from eBay?
No need, I already did all this homework. Enjoy
http://www.whipstaff.net/pictures/th...ls.php?album=5
PS: Mine isnt RRP but ABP
Old 02-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Casper42
No need, I already did all this homework. Enjoy
http://www.whipstaff.net/pictures/th...ls.php?album=5
PS: Mine isnt RRP but ABP
Wow..Nice Comparision between Blue and White...Thanks !!!
Old 02-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ricochet Rabbit
Congratulations on your new TL. I'm sure it was worth the wait.

I also have to agree that you made the right choice with the Red/Ebony.

A rare but beautiful color on the TL. Loving mine each time I drive it or just look at it in a parking lot or my garage.

You will enjoy how nice your car will look under all different lighting conditions. Of course most amazing just washed and polished in the sunshine.

It does get dusty easily (or pollenated here in Tampa like Mike's car) but only noticeable up close. Still looks "just washed" and gorgeous from a few feet away. Any darker color will look the same as my wife's Anthracite shows dust/dirt just as much.

Enjoy showing off your new ride !!!
Thanks Man...I think Red/Ebony looks really classy and depending on the light it looks different through out the day. I am loving it.

But you are right, it gets dusty really easily. I think I'll be washing her every other week just about. Have to make sure it looks sharp all the time