Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RonJon Design 3rd Gen Grille images...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
RonJon Design 3rd Gen Grille images...

Well, now that the TL kit has started production, and the Master molds are being made, We have shifted our attention to the Grille and rear window visor. Still no pricing available yet on these two items, but here is a concept image of the grille, the "A" symbol and horizontal bar will be replaced by this double horizontal bar, and the mesh will be installed behind the bars. The RJ logo will have a recessed seat to be placed on. the outer trim is unchanged, and the grille can be installed on the OEM bumper and Our kit's bumper the same way.

We won't be taking deposits yet, until we get pricing ready from our supplier.

Old 04-11-2005, 01:07 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry, IMO, i dont like the grill. those rims are phat though, those are perfect, its the ones that ive always wanted

any images on the rear window spoiler? im very interested in that
Old 04-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry, Don't like the grill at all. I would suggest sticking with something where we have a good amount of visible mesh, with a either a floating Acura symbol or a different form of the OEM grille.

On another note the Devotions look awesome in whatever color that is. Any more pictures for us??
Old 04-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yea not feeling the grille....
Old 04-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Really? Maybe i'm partial, but I think the grille is just what the TL needs, no more "A" symbol, and the horizontal bars are clean and not too overpowering. Mesh on the TL is almost impossible due to the fact that the grille is essentially part of the front bumper. the trim is a snap on piece, and the wings are snap in too. Well, I'm gonna do the grille and pout it on my TL when i get it. Can't wait.
no pics of the Rear wing yet, since I haven't designed it, but there will be a small opening for the 3rd brake light, and it will be pretty simple and effective.
No other pics of the wheels yet either.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

What wheels are those in that photoshop....
Old 04-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Silky Smooth

Post a poll, based on what most members have been doing on the TSX side, I dont think that grille will catch on. Don't take my word from it, see how many people feel it and move from there, is this a prototype phase, or is that for sure the grille you are creating?

The mugen grille is amazing, have you seen that one ron? If the grille looked similiar to the mugen grille or just didnt have those two lines I'd put a deposit down right now... I've liked everything you've designed, I think this grille clashes with the OEM front too much. You dont need an 'A' persay, but it would be a smart idea to retain some of the Acura Design, I dont think I've ever seen a two horizontal bar on a honda vehicle.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:22 AM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sorry but I don't like the grille. I think the OEM grille looks better. I agree with Lokius in that it should have a good amount of visible mesh with a floating Acura symbol.
I'm just not feeling the double horizontal bar.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Oops...

Originally Posted by Lokius
Post a poll, based on what most members have been doing on the TSX side, I dont think that grille will catch on. Don't take my word from it, see how many people feel it and move from there, is this a prototype phase, or is that for sure the grille you are creating?

The mugen grille is amazing, have you seen that one ron? If the grille looked similiar to the mugen grille or just didnt have those two lines I'd put a deposit down right now... I've liked everything you've designed, I think this grille clashes with the OEM front too much. You dont need an 'A' persay, but it would be a smart idea to retain some of the Acura Design, I dont think I've ever seen a two horizontal bar on a honda vehicle.
Originally Posted by 6mtV6
I'm sorry but I don't like the grille. I think the OEM grille looks better. I agree with Lokius in that it should have a good amount of visible mesh with a floating Acura symbol.
I'm just not feeling the double horizontal bar.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100041

http://www.mugen-power.com/topics/mu...s20041102.html

IMHO... You need polls?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Silky Smooth

How about something like the A-Spec concept grille???

http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/1870...concept-11.jpg

copy the link into your browser to get it to work
Old 04-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, but I wouldn't buy that grill. Is the all-mesh grill not possible?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:04 AM
Instructor

Yeah, I'll be honest. Like others have said, I'm personally not feeling this design. If it could somehow work, all-mesh would be the best.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

I love those rims! reminds me of the rims that Lokius ordered. I'll be sold on those if its cheaper than DPE

The grille is (sorry) kinda reminds me of this grille from the 4th gen maxima

But the maxima grille looks better imo
Old 04-11-2005, 04:43 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ronjon, maybe ur grille can fit for an AUDI, but not really suit for our TL...

BTW: I'm expecting to see more pics of ur bodykit...
Old 04-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
I love those rims! reminds me of the rims that Lokius ordered. I'll be sold on those if its cheaper than DPE

The grille is (sorry) kinda reminds me of this grille from the 4th gen maxima
Ok to keep this thread on topic, let me help Ron out. The wheels pictured in the image of the TL with the Grille, are Ronjon new 3 piece wheel called the Devotion. They are superior to DPE, because DPE is only 2 piece, they are however more expensive. Go check out the group buys in the off topic section of the forum to look at them. Right now there is a group buy, so they are about the same price as the DPE's $715 a wheel, which cannot be beat for a 3 piece wheel. Great discount, and a great product from a guy who is doing alot for our community. If you were looking at my DPE's I would suggest picking up these Ronjon Devotions. On a personal note I decided against the DPE's, and im trying to decide between a set of Volk's and Devotions. Good luck and let's keep this discussion limited to the grille, I hope we can get ron to make some changes.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

I know its called the devotion based on the 2nd reply from you
Old 04-11-2005, 06:06 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Those Rims Look Incredible On The Ssm Tl.....why Must They Be 3 Grand...might Aswell Steal My Left Nut
Old 04-11-2005, 07:36 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My opinions about the grille are very similar to the members who have posted above...i really like the wheels and the body kit that you have designed, but this girll doesn't really match up with everything else on the car...

would it be possible to have the same mesh grille that's on your website? i know that you would have to manipulate the bumper a lot, but for those people who are purchasing your front bumper, then could those people at the factory make that change on the front bumper and then mail it out that way? i am pretty sure that many people like the original design, so i'm sure they wouldn't mind paying a bit extra just to have it built into the bumper originally from the factory...
Old 04-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

To do a flaoating "A" symbol would require permanent modification to the front bumper, and I wouldn't do that, and I don't want the "A" symbol in there anyway. Mesh is no possibile either since the horizontal bar is in there and part of the front bumper as well. the only thing I can do is modify the look of the horizontal bar. i think it will catch on, just takes time to grow on you guys. might tinker with it a little more, but i;'m surprised you guys haven't taken to it as much as me, i felt so strong about it, oh well. let me see what i can come up with besides this.

BTW, here's a another pic of the Devotion:

Old 04-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Instructor

sorry bro...I gotta agree with everyone here. Grill doesnt look right. How bout just offering an almost stock one but carbon fiber with a floating A and black mesh
Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
What about just 1 bar across, I believe you had a concept picture of it once.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rondog
Well, now that the TL kit has started production, and the Master molds are being made, We have shifted our attention to the Grille and rear window visor. Still no pricing available yet on these two items, but here is a concept image of the grille, the "A" symbol and horizontal bar will be replaced by this double horizontal bar, and the mesh will be installed behind the bars. The RJ logo will have a recessed seat to be placed on. the outer trim is unchanged, and the grille can be installed on the OEM bumper and Our kit's bumper the same way.

Not feeling it either Ron but I think I saw a full-mesh grill on a 3rd Gen TL (similar to what you have in your Avatar) and I loved that...
Old 04-11-2005, 09:42 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
The grille is connected to the OEM front bumper.

...Just like the exhaust manifold is welded/connected to the engine block.

It is impossible to manufacture an entirely new grille without butchering the OEM front bumper (which is what my design required).

If you would like a mesh grille, either cut the cross bar or you're going to have to wait for the aftermarket manufacturers to design one to your appeal.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Advanced

Ugly uhhh dont make that.. It looks so baddd. Make a mesh one with a floating a and one without it might be hard but they will seel like hotcakes
Old 04-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Gotta agree with the masses, don't really like that grille design. I would be looking for something with no bar, all mesh, Acura symbol optional and of course the ronjon symbol in one of the lower corners.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
The grille is connected to the OEM front bumper.

...Just like the exhaust manifold is welded/connected to the engine block.

It is impossible to manufacture an entirely new grille without butchering the OEM front bumper (which is what my design required).

If you would like a mesh grille, either cut the cross bar or you're going to have to wait for the aftermarket manufacturers to design one to your appeal.
I agree. I saw pics of ACCURATEin's mesh grill and it looks sweet.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Brother Sum

ahh hell no, you gotta go back with the all mesh. Less is more, don't confuse the lines in the front, cleaner is always better.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Ak Ting Up

Don't like that grill

Hey Ron,

Do you have other pic of grill designs that you are considering? I would not buy the 'double bar' grill. It is ugly.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:30 AM
Banned

rondog,
What ever happened to the concept look on your 3rd GEN awhile back? I liked that look!! The current look seems so stock and "MEH", I wouldnt' spend the money for it. Very disappointed to be honest.

I want that M3 side grill look, or least meaner looking!!
Old 04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Burning Brakes

the bodykit and wheels are nice but I am not feeling the grill
ne pics of the window spoiler
Old 04-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Team Nighthawk Director

I love the Acura symbol! I wouldn't want to have it removed. Maybe just revise the current one!
Old 04-11-2005, 11:43 AM
6MT & LSD

i must be the only one - other than ron - who likes the grille. i would personally prefer mesh, but it seems like that's a more difficult job. i think it jazzes up the front without being too much. i just don't like the rj logo on there.

is it the same material and finish as the oem grille?
Old 04-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Burning Brakes

hmmm actually I kinda like the two bars across...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 04-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Instructor

Like most of the people, I don't care for the grill at all. I would rather butcher the OEM grill, and put in a mesh grill with matching mesh inserts for the lower intakes. I do like the wheels and the clear reflectors in the headlights though. I would buy those clear reflectors to replace the amber ones. Any production possibilities of the clear reflectors?
Old 04-11-2005, 01:50 PM
100k miles club

the grill is OK, maybe coz i have an SSM and don't have to imagine how it would look on my car. but damn those rims are hawt! i think i've found the rims i want, now it's a matter of saving up the loot. BTW keep those models on SSM so i don't have to imagine how'd they look on my car thx
Old 04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Here's a better shot of the Devotion. From the PA meet this weekend.

Old 04-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
^ that has to be a 45 series tire... makes the wheel look a little small... but damn it looks good, I am dying for my set
Old 04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for the Choice

I like the look of the grill and the fact you do not have to take off the bumper cover.

I personally like the body kit's mesh grill, but if you want to stand out from the crowd this grill offer's a cost effective choice.

The look is personally not for me, but thank you for offering the 3rd generation TL owners a choice.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:43 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Here's a better shot of the Devotion. From the PA meet this weekend.

i like the rims better in the gun metal color with the polised lip. not feelin the silver too much.

in the photoshop of the grill, kinda looks like you'd be blocking air from going in the engine bay from that location. which would be a shame because that is probably the highest point of velocity of air forcing itself through.

just like on a motorocycle design, they put the vents for the air dam as close to the middle as possible
Old 04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
100k miles club

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
in the photoshop of the grill, kinda looks like you'd be blocking air from going in the engine bay from that location. which would be a shame because that is probably the highest point of velocity of air forcing itself through.
from the pic, it looks like the rest of the grill is mesh so not a lot of air will be blocked except where the 2 bars come across. similar to the stock grill. but it may look cleaner with just the mesh and no bars

Quick Reply: RonJon Design 3rd Gen Grille images...