Sponsored by:

Rolled Over My 2008 TL.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by timmahh
Dude you need to watch the Southpark WoW episode

It's extremely addictive.. I get in so much trouble when I play it because I get told things like "come eat your dinner".. "be there in a second" [10 minutes].. "COME EAT YOUR FUCKING DINNER" [fearful of life ending../logout]

So........... be careful with the WoW, she must be taken in moderation.
I saw it.. it was very disturbing yet hilarious. I don't have time for WoW and Azine.. My work productivity would go below 10%.. no more gf.. no more job..

and to your wife's phrase.. lol.. oh boy..
Old 05-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IBFStyles
I never said that the only reason I came out of this accident was because I'm an indestructable teen...

That car is what saved my life and that's why I decided to show it on the "ACURA" forums. Coming out with elbow scratches on a rollover this severe... I think that acura at least deserved a compliment for that. And if I indeed did that in most other cars I'd have been dead.

I realize some of my comments afterward are sarcastic. But my main goal here on this forum was to show users my experience and what the TL has done for me.

I simply have better uses for money than buying a luxury car again. I also didn't get a TL again because of the fact that there's not much "Under-Hood" to be done. I'll have many more options with a sports car to have fun with it in my garage.

And I learned the instant this thing happened that it's not worth it.

And I'm alliance XD

My only point to you was that you need to own up to what you did, look I love speed too, and I take my car to the track on a regualar basis, autoX and 1/8 and 1/4 miles.

I never race on the street, even when egged on, and I don't speed, 70mph is my limit, for multiple personal reasons (aisde from the fact it is the law) but the point is you where driving wrecklessly and you are lucky to have survived and not harmed anyone..

My "anger" toward your comments stems from something in my past, my first wife who was my H.S. sweetheart whom I was with for nearly 10 years, lived with after H.S. for 7 years and put her thru college, 4 days after she graduated We got married, 21 days later a wreckless hot head killed her..

and of course like you "he didn't intend to"

you are lucky no one was hurt because of your actions, next time maybe you won't be so lucky, the person that killed my wife got a life sentence for vehicle manslaughter caused by wreckless endangerment..

your actions are no different than his, the only blessing is that no one was in your path at the time..

It's nice to see that the car held up, and thanks for posting that..

but as I said before, loose the attitude, because I am on the road with my child and guys that drive like you are the reason my wife is dead..
Old 05-14-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
My only point to you was that you need to own up to what you did, look I love speed too, and I take my car to the track on a regualar basis, autoX and 1/8 and 1/4 miles.

I never race on the street, even when egged on, and I don't speed, 70mph is my limit, for multiple personal reasons (aisde from the fact it is the law) but the point is you where driving wrecklessly and you are lucky to have survived and not harmed anyone..

My "anger" toward your comments stems from something in my past, my first wife who was my H.S. sweetheart whom I was with for nearly 10 years, lived with after H.S. for 7 years and put her thru college, 4 days after she graduated We got married, 21 days later a wreckless hot head killed her..

and of course like you "he didn't intend to"

you are lucky no one was hurt because of your actions, next time maybe you won't be so lucky, the person that killed my wife got a life sentence for vehicle manslaughter caused by wreckless endangerment..

your actions are no different than his, the only blessing is that no one was in your path at the time..

It's nice to see that the car held up, and thanks for posting that..

but as I said before, loose the attitude, because I am on the road with my child and guys that drive like you are the reason my wife is dead..
We need to create an avatar or smiley for Mr. Incredible..

Thanks for sharing bud.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,254 Posts
Wow.

I read and reread this thread. Here is what I come away with:

1) Mr Incredible, sorry for your loss.
2) IBFStyles get a bus pass, you don't belong on the road.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Majofo
We need to create an avatar or smiley for Mr. Incredible..

Thanks for sharing bud.

I'm a happy guy, I have a very loving GF for nearly 5 years now, who has adopted my daughter as her own, I have a good job, and a good life..

just get a little miffed at the lack of respect some people show for others...

some may not see it that way, but IMO when you do something that endangers the lives of others, it is a lack of respect and sense.

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
Wow.

thanks.. not looking for sympathy though, just sharing my frustration at the OPs lack of respect for others..
Old 05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
Dude you need to watch the Southpark WoW episode
lol best SP ep ever
Old 05-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Mr. Incredible
Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets give the op a break. He made a bad decision going that fast, and lives could have been lost. But how many of us have never done something stupid. Even a quick spirited drive through the twisties, or opening it up on an open hyw can have fatal consequences. My sister spends most of her day collecting evidence at scenes like that.

I get my need for speed out in GT5 and the track keeping it safe on the street.

OP, find a safe way to have your fun. Good luck with your Z, looks like a fun project car.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Vroooom!!!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
This thread has gotten WAY out of hand. I'm petitioning for the Mods/Admins to close it. No useful info here whatsoever.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:01 PM
My baby's ride...

^^+2 on that.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:03 PM
SOHC-VTEC

Originally Posted by voigt
Lets give the op a break. He made a bad decision going that fast, and lives could have been lost. But how many of us have never done something stupid. Even a quick spirited drive through the twisties, or opening it up on an open hyw can have fatal consequences. .

I was just gonna say that.

Yes it was very stupid, immature, and irresponsible for what the OP has done
HOWEVER, how many of us have broken the speed limit on a PUBLIC road.
Just so happened the OP did it and luck was NOT on his side.

And of course his (The OP) followed responses made him seem even more careless
Old 05-14-2009, 02:05 PM

No need to close the thread.. the OP said he learned his lesson.. this might be a good thread for others who haven't seen it to share their personal stories now that the flame is flickering.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
Wow.

e30.. sorry about your Shepard.. I'm assuming Charlie is your Shepard in your avatar.. My dad just picked up two female black Shepards.. good dogs.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
To those who have lost love ones in car accidents I am so sorry. I lost a great friend who was street racing, its what slowed me down. I cannot imagine getting a call and hearing that my wife was killed in a car accident.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:51 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
not even just the OP.. but all the posts (porsche girl, the 350Z collision, etc...) may open a lot of peoples eyes to the consequences behind street racing

i will NOT lie... i do race my car now and then (never wreckless) but as i've learned, i guess any racing is wreckless...

i will be sure to think twice, next time some long island homo in a `Stang GT or Rice Burner wants to try to race me, to impress his buddies....
Old 05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ ..

This is posted on mustang forums..
Old 05-14-2009, 04:19 PM

^^ ..

This is posted on mustang forums..
porsche girl?
Old 05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
meh... i dont care....

Long Island has TWO types of dumb-ass teenagers.

1) Mommy and Daddy purchased them an RS4, M3, 335i, 350z etc...etc...

2) They (respectably) purchased their own car, but its an 85-99 mustang, iroc-z, or EG hatch, DC2 whatever...

all teenage boys really think they have the fastest car in the world on LI, and they are always so quick to race.... i enjoy spanking them with my luxury sedan.... but its really not worth, because i may be a GREAT driver, but if they hit me going 90+ mph... dont matter how well i can drive.... we're all dead

i bitched and moaned when me and my mom split my first car ($4k max budget)... i wanted an 89 T/A, 87 Porsche 944 Turbo or 90 300ZX..... i got a 92 Explorer with 170k on the clock......

Best thing my mother ever did... i am sure, i would have driven like a dousche with one of the others...

a kid in my high school, got a brand new S4 (in 2001) senior year... he totalled it the NEXT day... on his way home from the tint ship.... car had like 68 miles on it...

Parents (father was a LI judge) went out and got him a Z4 instead.... yea, way to go mommy and daddy...

You can't hate on kids, whos parents buy them nice cars.. lucky them, we'd have all loved a $50k+ car in high school.. but you CAN hate on the parents who are so irresponsible enough to purchase it for their kids, knowing they will likely take their own lives

another kid in my school, great kid.... parents bought him a yellow JDM Type-R from overseas.... (yes he was asian) and he wrecked it... killing himself, two passengers, and his 14 year old sister.... tragic story

my high school was full of terrible auto-accident related deaths.. the highest vehicular-related mortatilty school district on Long Island

Last edited by BLACKURA_NY; 05-14-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
This accident occured quite awhile ago all is settled......

Bottom line is I simply wanted to share my experience, along with a little sarcasm and a handful of 30+ men who are jealous of a 20 year old self-employed boy that can actually "AFFORD" his own TL decided to take this whole thing the wrong way.....
He bought it at auction in Dec 08, minus the complete NAVI system which had been stolen. https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/navigation-question-2008-tl-700200/

If the accident happened "quite a while ago", the car only lasted about 2-3 months in his possession. Hope the "Z" lasts a bit longer.

Why do you say you're from Ft. Worth in the NICO forum?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Advanced

What does it matter to you?

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
He bought it at auction in Dec 08, minus the complete NAVI system which had been stolen. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700200

If the accident happened "quite a while ago", the car only lasted about 2-3 months in his possession. Hope the "Z" lasts a bit longer.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
He bought it at auction in Dec 08, minus the complete NAVI system which had been stolen. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700200

he changed his info.. I posted his personal info, regretfully, and Ron A or Astro deleted it.. go a couple pages back..

Basically the info was his full name, age, location, personal email.. He then subsequently went back and deleted / changed personal info.. definitely recommended. Sorry about that OP.. that was too far and I did edit to delete your email before the info was completely removed.

and damn.. I need to start visiting the auto auctions.. I hope the OP has learned a lesson.. I think this a good thread to reflect on all our actions. Mr. Inc hit nail on the head.. we need to respect everyone on the road.. we don't own it nor should we drive like it's our playground.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Meh.. IBF... Did you buy a salvage TL from an auction and then post saying people are jealous that a 20 year old can afford his own TL? =/

I don't know what to think now
Old 05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Advanced

Theft Recovery clean title.

I don't buy from stealerships and get ripped off it's only smart?

Minor problems such as stolen Navigation, missing bumpers, etc. aren't hard to fix.

Meh.. IBF... Did you buy a salvage TL from an auction and then post saying people are jealous that a 20 year old can afford his own TL? =/

I don't know what to think now

Last edited by IBFStyles; 05-14-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I don't know about this thread anymore. Touching stories from members who experienced losses and witnessed them, and some great posts in here.

All I have to say is grow up while you can. Once you have a near-death experience or two or even three, you learn to walk the line a little more carefully. At least that's how I was
Old 05-14-2009, 06:34 PM
GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,254 Posts
e30.. sorry about your Shepard.. I'm assuming Charlie is your Shepard in your avatar.. My dad just picked up two female black Shepards.. good dogs.
Thanks, yes she was a very good girl and is missed.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Burning Brakes

You don't need another car you need one of these... and yes you need the training wheels to keep you from rolling over.

8 pages and you still don't get it do you?? Life lessons are real. If you don't learn your lesson then you get to repeat it again and again and again........

I can only imagine what your insurance costs, any tickets??

Old 05-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Advanced

Hey King of Pain, after reading all the other posts yours is by far the most original. I'm sure you think so sinec you read all of it?

Originally Posted by King of Pain
You don't need another car you need one of these... and yes you need the training wheels to keep you from rolling over.

8 pages and you still don't get it do you?? Life lessons are real. If you don't learn your lesson then you get to repeat it again and again and again........

Old 05-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Instructor

Hey King of Pain, after reading all the other posts yours is by far the most original. I'm sure you think so sinec you read all of it?

what's sinec?

or do you mean cynic (or cynical?)

sinec:

Sinec H1 is an Ethernet-based protocol that provides the transport layer function. The protocol was developed by Siemens and is used mainly for control applications. It has large bandwidth and is well suited to the transmission of large volumes of data

cynic:

cynic n. A person who believes all people are motivated by selfishness. A person whose outlook is scornfully and often habitually negative.

I'm confused.....

Old 05-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
maybe he meant since? idk
Old 05-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
maybe he meant since? idk

yeah I got that, was being sarcastic.....
Old 05-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Nismo TL yo!

uhhhhh yea he meant 'since'.

lol but thanks for the definitions of similar letter jumbles.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s
uhhhhh yea he meant 'since'.

lol but thanks for the definitions of similar letter jumbles.

yeah sarcasm doesn't go far with web postings...
Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Safety Car

yea, i thought you may have been being sarcastic but I wasn't too sure
Old 05-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Nismo TL yo!

sarcastic comments should be red!!!!!!

ok, everyone can continue castrating the OP
Old 05-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s
sarcastic comments should be red!!!!!!

ok, everyone can continue castrating the OP

ah I see... mental note to self...
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Safety Car

ah I see... mental note to self...
hah, I never post in red either. I just like to make people wonder if I am really serious or not lol
Old 05-14-2009, 09:19 PM
blah

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Glad you made it out alive man.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by King of Pain

That's a sweet ride.. RWD.. rolled fenders, slammed on 10" spokes with low profile tires.. tubular frame, 20mm RSB, anti roll supports, linear dual clamp light weight calipers, push to start, synchro matched gearing, 1:3 crank ratio, camel vinyl seats, fire engine red.. plus the hp / torque ratio must be insane.. probably 400 whp on the butt dyno..

The honeys will totally love that joint.. pull up at the club.. "Yo was up baby.. wanna ride around the block? you can stand on my anti roll bars".. I'd totally trade in..
Old 05-15-2009, 02:17 AM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's a sweet ride.. RWD.. rolled fenders, slammed on 10" spokes with low profile tires.. tubular frame, 20mm RSB, anti roll supports, linear dual clamp light weight calipers, push to start, synchro matched gearing, 1:3 crank ratio, camel vinyl seats, fire engine red.. plus the hp / torque ratio must be insane.. probably 400 whp on the butt dyno..

The honeys will totally love that joint.. pull up at the club.. "Yo was up baby.. wanna ride around the block? you can stand on my anti roll bars".. I'd totally trade in..
hahaha...
Old 05-15-2009, 02:53 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts

Quick Reply: Rolled Over My 2008 TL.