AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Rolled Over My 2008 TL. (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/rolled-over-my-2008-tl-726163/)

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:30 PM

Rolled Over My 2008 TL.

So I was driving on a hilly country road and going about 85 I had good traction I was driving uphill about 30 degrees and I reached the top of the hill where the road became uneven. The car starting sliding to the left and I slid into a sewer drain and flipped over a fence and rolled downhill.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...2c8e73b771.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...77ae3af190.jpg

All I wanted to say is the 5/5 Crashy Saftey rollover rating is true. And I am very satisfied with the product. I came out with a couple of elbow scratches.

Good day.

Fulani has a TL 05-12-2009 01:31 PM

DAMN!!! Glad to see your still alive!!!

Rock2534 05-12-2009 01:32 PM

Damn, that must have been crazy. Slow down son!!!

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:34 PM

If I can remember how many times I rotated I think it was four.

BUT I prolly missed one roll cause of the damn steering wheel air bag. -.-

I was honestly suprised to only have superficial cuts on my elbows. That was it... No concussions nothing.

Despite this TL saving my life. I've turned to the dark side and bought a 350z. ><

timmahh 05-12-2009 01:36 PM

Please turn to the smart side and do not go 85 fucking mph on a hilly country road.

Seriously...... now you've got a RWD car. This is a complete dickhead thing to say, but when you decide to kill yourself do so without hitting other cars.

gg insurance rates for your age bracket

lemonade 05-12-2009 01:38 PM

Damn! glad you are fine, reminded me a Z4 rolled over when i was in the passenger seat. The anti-rolling bar really help, without it my head would have been a melon and squeezed.

EcKoHeD72 05-12-2009 01:38 PM

Damn man! At least ur okay! Goodluck with the Z!

HONgDA 05-12-2009 01:38 PM

This is the worst I've seen of a wrecked TL. You are very very lucky to be alive to post about this. I dunno how you manage to get only elbow injuries considering how much the roof caved in.

Audioholics 05-12-2009 01:39 PM

Despite this TL saving my life. I've turned to the dark side and bought a 350z. ><
Your life was spared from reckless driving in a safe car and instead of learning a life lesson, you buy a faster more dangerous car. You win the Darwin of the Year award for 2009!

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:39 PM

Did you roll the car over? I didn't think so. Quit complaining.

I normally travelled upwards of 90-100 on that road the hills are NOT that major.

It had been about a year or so since I been there and I caught an uneven side of the road that threw me off.

Also I didn't get a citation for the accident. I'm not too worried about money either.

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10890728)
Please turn to the smart side and do not go 85 fucking mph on a hilly country road.

Seriously......

gg insurance rates for your age bracket

blkaspec 05-12-2009 01:40 PM

coolest accident ever! now lets see it with the Z...

spc425 05-12-2009 01:41 PM

Glad to see the TL performed well and you came out relatively unscathed. Good luck with the 350.

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:44 PM

These comments about "life lessons" and insurance rates are making me sick -.-

And yea I was lucky, and honestly it was a insane experience. I don't plan on "REINACTING" it with the Z. I can't buy myself another nice car after my insurance pays me off for a TL? You people need to get real.

timmahh 05-12-2009 01:45 PM

Be careful with how much of your awesome driving skillz you divulge, there are members of law enforcement on here that would most likely love to look closer at your accident.

I'm just saying, you're 20 years old, had a [brand new?] 2008 TL, you've been a member on here for 6 months or so, and you've rolled your fucking car whilst going 85 MPH.

That's just stupid. There are people that drive fast, and enjoy driving, and then there are people that just drive like shitfucks on the road and could give a fuck less about others that are on the road with them.

What the hell would you have done if there was a car or something stopped at the top of the hill? Or you hit a minivan full of a family at 85 mph?

Driving is fun, but don't be a fucking retard about it. I would say i'm glad your OK, but you aren't going to learn any lessons if you just get scratches on your elbow.

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:47 PM

Seriously bro... chill out?

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10890765)
Be careful with how much of your awesome driving skillz you divulge, there are members of law enforcement on here that would most likely love to look closer at your accident.

I'm just saying, you're 20 years old, had a [brand new?] 2008 TL, you've been a member on here for 6 months or so, and you've rolled your fucking car whilst going 85 MPH.

That's just stupid. There are people that drive fast, and enjoy driving, and then there are people that just drive like shitfucks on the road and could give a fuck less about others that are on the road with them.

What the hell would you have done if there was a car or something stopped at the top of the hill? Or you hit a minivan full of a family at 85 mph?

Driving is fun, but don't be a fucking retard about it. I would say i'm glad your OK, but you aren't going to learn any lessons if you just get scratches on your elbow.

timmahh 05-12-2009 01:50 PM

I'm good now.. but please see the point that i'm trying to make [and.. others I think].

HONgDA 05-12-2009 01:52 PM

I didn't read your post on getting the 350Z before I posted but I'm taking back my sympathy for you. It seems you don't understand the lesson of this since you only came out with a few scratches on the elbow. Like timmahh said, what would happen if there were a minivan with family that you hit and killed?

blkaspec 05-12-2009 01:52 PM

what was the posted speed? i dont believe CA has any 85+mph roads, but i dont live there so i dont know for sure.

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:53 PM

I don't intend on killing anyone. I realize I fucked up that's why it's an accident man.

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10890789)
I'm good now.. but please see the point that i'm trying to make [and.. others I think].

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:55 PM

The entire road had no posted speed is what the officer told me.

Originally Posted by blkaspec (Post 10890797)
what was the posted speed? i dont believe CA has any 85+mph roads, but i dont live there so i dont know for sure.

IBFStyles 05-12-2009 01:56 PM

I only made this post for people to see how truly safe this car really is. I didn't ask for a "What if" statement on anything. This is getting truly ridiculous.

Originally Posted by HONgDA (Post 10890796)
I didn't read your post on getting the 350Z before I posted but I'm taking back my sympathy for you. It seems you don't understand the lesson of this since you only came out with a few scratches on the elbow. Like timmahh said, what would happen if there were a minivan with family that you hit and killed?

chill_dog 05-12-2009 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890761)
These comments about "life lessons" and insurance rates are making me sick -.-

What did you honestly expect? And quite frankly, they're right.

DarkSithCL 05-12-2009 01:58 PM

God blessed you!!! Wow...Glad you are fine bro... enjoy the Z! Thanks for sharing your pics and story!

tmnhs81 05-12-2009 01:59 PM

I think on mountain roads speed allowed mostly is around 40-45. dunno about Modesto mountains.

OP you definately qualify for darwin award.

HONgDA 05-12-2009 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890818)
I only made this post for people to see how truly safe this car really is. I didn't ask for a "What if" statement on anything. This is getting truly ridiculous.

And we're glad you posted this. We already know how safe this car can be but the person behind the wheel we don't know about.

CGTSX2004 05-12-2009 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890802)
I don't intend on killing anyone. I realize I fucked up that's why it's an accident man.

Most people don't intend to kill anyone, but accidents do happen, just like this one you were in. Quit being so flippant about the whole thing and accept it when people chastise you for you moronic behavior.

Also, do yourself a favor and spend some of that money on some advanced driver training courses. It'll help everyone out if you don't keep crashing cars.

timmahh 05-12-2009 02:01 PM

You should be aware that if you had hit someone at the rate of speed you were going the prosecution would probably come after you and request either vehicular manslaughter or a murder charge.

An accident is bending down to eat Burger King cheese paper and when you look back up you are too close and rear end someone when going 5 mph (my friend did that... dork).

:)

InFaMouSLink 05-12-2009 02:01 PM

people in car accidents do not intentionally kill the people they hit. it is an accident but a very preventable one. just be happy you didn't hurt yourself or others.

to everybody else writing in this thread. remember he's only 20 and we were all indestructable at one point and were all excellent drivers and dont think if it happens, no one else will get affected.

anarchy[sear] 05-12-2009 02:03 PM

An accident is if someone pulls in front of you while everybody is abiding by the laws.

It is not an "accident" that you drove down that road at 85+ miles an hour. It is wasn't an "accident" when you wrecked your car.

I don't really care what you do with your life but think about the lives of other people. I use to be dumb and stupid like you but after my accident when I was 19 I realized that I was very lucky and fortunate that I didn't get hurt. The other person I hit though ended up suing me.

Subaru safety rating I give a b+ other than the airbags not coming out.

6spdtl-s 05-12-2009 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890814)
The entire road had no posted speed is what the officer told me.

usually when there is not a posted speed limit, by default, the speed limit is 35mph or something like that......well bellow 85..........but I wont get into that.

althought too late, you probably should have looked at the safety ratings as well as the insurance rates on the Z's..........those things are absolute death traps. You better not pull any of the stuff you did with the TL with one of those if you want to make it out alive. Seriously.

Majofo 05-12-2009 02:05 PM

wtf? were you thinking?.. you're blessed to be breathing. We've all seen the rollovers where the driver is thrown through the window & crushed. Drive safe.. spirited hill runs aint worth it. I lost a very close friend who lost control and went over a hill.

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s (Post 10890859)
usually when there is not a posted speed limit, by default, the speed limit is 35mph or something like that......well bellow 85..........but I wont get into that.

althought too late, you probably should have looked at the safety ratings as well as the insurance rates on the Z's..........those things are absolute death traps. You better not pull any of the stuff you did with the TL with one of those if you want to make it out alive. Seriously.

:werd: .. I think if this was a Z it would have been fatal, and the TL has a sunroof. :whyme:

tmnhs81 05-12-2009 02:07 PM