AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Rolled Over My 2008 TL. (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/rolled-over-my-2008-tl-726163/)

AnthraciteAspec 05-13-2009 02:08 AM

This thread is back open? I was going to post earlier but ggesq locked it up. Anyways not really anything I want to say to the OP seems like everything has been said. All I want to say is I am glad he is ok, hopefully he learns a life lesson from this, and this is a testament to the safety of the TL. Amazing that he came out of that car with barely a scratch!

P.S. I nominate this thread for the Hall of Fame, or should it go in the Hall of Shame :snicker:

PPLAPW 05-13-2009 02:45 AM

The 3G section has changed so much... :sad:

knavinusa 05-13-2009 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bearcat94 (Post 10892928)
:bs:

Ever see the signs, "State Wide Speed Limit xx MPH unless otherwise posted"?

Isn't this also mentioned in the driver's manual when you take your learner's license? :tongue:

In any case, it should be obvious that 85 MPH is way too high, especially since it's a hilly road. It doesn't matter if the hill is small; you can easily lose control if the road isn't flat at those speeds.

I'll admit I totaled my TL a few months ago because I was careless, but I knew I was going too fast. Stupid me for trying to "test" out my new RSB :whyme:. The lesson to be learned here is that you need to drive safely when conditions are not ideal.

h2point2 05-13-2009 04:42 AM

what junkyard did it goto i want the intake :)
its good you didnt get hurt just make sure you dont just brush it off.

CocheseUGA 05-13-2009 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by astro (Post 10892756)
I just sent this thread to my friend who's a cop in your area. I can't wait till your insurance company laughs at you rather than paying out on the TL. You may hear from your local constabulary too.

Moron.

:thumbsup:

crazyasiantl 05-13-2009 06:58 AM

damn, op got owned by astro :popcorn:

NimbleLooper 05-13-2009 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by IBFStyles (Post 10890818)
I only made this post for people to see how truly safe this car really is. I didn't ask for a "What if" statement on anything. This is getting truly ridiculous.

Grow up!

nfnsquared 05-13-2009 07:39 AM

Hey IBFStyles,

Be sure and post your insurance experience here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/best-auto-insurance-726050/

luckyAKAhappy 05-13-2009 07:51 AM

Wow. Lucky for the OP that this didn't involve any other motorist.

alexSU 05-13-2009 08:01 AM

Glad your okay. Maybe you might learn something from this thread, OP!

6spdtl-s 05-13-2009 08:08 AM

This reminds me of a thread on a Florida street racing forum where a cop gave some kid some cheap ticket instead of a speeding/racing ticket. The kid came on the forum and b*tched about it and called the cop and moron and the cop was on the forum! Kid got pwned. I'll try to find it.

RC51Ryder 05-13-2009 08:15 AM

This thread is still going? I was certain it would have been closed by now.

CarrieLynn 05-13-2009 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by RC51Ryder (Post 10893765)
This thread is still going? I was certain it would have been closed by now.

LOL it was closed last night but astro reopened it. Read his post on the prev. page.....FUNNY!

alexSU 05-13-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 10893775)
LOL it was closed last night but astro reopened it. Read his post on the prev. page.....FUNNY!

I think we're all waiting for something exciting to happen :tomato: poor kid is not going to get money for his TL hahahaha

6spdtl-s 05-13-2009 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s (Post 10893745)
This reminds me of a thread on a Florida street racing forum where a cop gave some kid some cheap ticket instead of a speeding/racing ticket. The kid came on the forum and b*tched about it and called the cop and moron and the cop was on the forum! Kid got pwned. I'll try to find it.

here is said thread:

summary
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/28/f...oing-too-slow/

acutal thread (look at post #4 and then the following 10000000 pages)

http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/s...d.php?t=126522

ABP_04TL 05-13-2009 08:58 AM

holy shit!

damn son, u r lucky

TeknoKing 05-13-2009 09:01 AM

Since no one was hurt in this futile attempt to fly... close the thread, leave the dumbass alone.

I'm sure his parents are pulling the insurance tab, so why make their lives hell if their son watched too many action movies.

Next time, once he gets brave again, and he will try the same maneuver in a Z...instead of posting a picture of a flat car, he will post a pic of himself in a wheelchair with a tube in his mouth next to a fancy oxygen machine (he has his own business, he can afford it).

OP, the only reason why we are not sympathizing with you but rather chastising is simply due to your arrogance. Be careful on the roads.

Majofo 05-13-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s (Post 10893850)
here is said thread:

summary

LOL!! :owned: :goldcup:

WayneJay 05-13-2009 09:10 AM

Wow! Glad you're alive to tell the story. I'm not going to chastise you, but I do think many of us learn from accidents and/or near accidents.

I also had a rollover some years ago and was fortunate enough to walk away from it. I was about 22 y/o and as a poor kid in NYC I couldn't afford much. I had an '87 Chevy Cavalier. I rolled it one evening on I-95 in Massachusetts. I was driving along at about 65 MPH when my front right tire blew out. Lost control and the car went onto a soft shoulder, and was sliding sideways and then started rolling. Seemed like one roll, but a trucker behind me said that I rolled three times! My GF at the time was with me and she suffered a broken ankle. I just had a bruise on my shoulder and glass cuts on one hand.

The state trooper who responded probably was the biggest a-hole who ever lived. He gave me a field sobriety test, spoke to me in a very unprofessional manner, and was just plain rude. While we went to the hospital, the trooper kept my driver's license, took it back to his barracks and went off duty. When I called the barracks the desk office/trooper said that the guy was off-duty and told me not to come there. I went anyways because I wanted my license back. They gave me my license which had a ticket attached to it. What was the ticket for???? Failure to stay in marked lane. Go figure.

Enjoy your car, but be careful, especially with that much power.

Majofo 05-13-2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by WayneJay (Post 10893908)
Wow! Glad you're alive to tell the story. I'm not going to chastise you, but I do think many of us learn from accidents and/or near accidents.

I also had a rollover some years ago and was fortunate enough to walk away from it. I was about 22 y/o and as a poor kid in NYC I couldn't afford much. I had an '87 Chevy Cavalier. I rolled it one evening on I-95 in Massachusetts. I was driving along at about 65 MPH when my front right tire blew out. Lost control and the car went onto a soft shoulder, and was sliding sideways and then started rolling. Seemed like one roll, but a trucker behind me said that I rolled three times! My GF at the time was with me and she suffered a broken ankle. I just had a bruise on my shoulder and glass cuts on one hand.

The state trooper who responded probably was the biggest a-hole who ever lived. He gave me a field sobriety test, spoke to me in a very unprofessional manner, and was just plain rude. While we went to the hospital, the trooper kept my driver's license, took it back to his barracks and went off duty. When I called the barracks the desk office/trooper said that the guy was off-duty and told me not to come there. I went anyways because I wanted my license back. They gave me my license which had a ticket attached to it. What was the ticket for???? Failure to stay in marked lane. Go figure.

what an asshole.. damn.. I hope you went to court on that one.. anyways.. glad you and your friend were okay.

ggesq 05-13-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by AnthraciteAspec (Post 10893413)
This thread is back open? I was going to post earlier but ggesq locked it up.

<~~ vetoed by :astro:

:snicker:

AMGala 05-13-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by WayneJay (Post 10893908)

It's cops like that that give a bad name to all cops

JD TL-S 05-13-2009 10:11 AM

Great that U R OK!

1fsthatch 05-13-2009 10:28 AM

it's not just the young drivers it the old fucks 2 mid life crisis motherfu*****

Majofo 05-13-2009 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 1fsthatch (Post 10894201)
it's not just the young drivers it the old fucks 2 mid life crisis motherfu*****

Ban Hammer... :smash:

1fsthatch 05-13-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Majofo (Post 10894213)
Ban Hammer... :smash:

hahah ya right

timmahh 05-13-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s (Post 10893850)
here is said thread:

summary

lol @ the thread tags:

assclown, busted, epic fail, epic fail of 2009, lolwut, lowest iq, morons, owned, praa, racing, ricer, roflcopter, slow, street racing, thread of 2009, ticket

1fsthatch - why would you say fucks and then "bleep" out motherfu***** ...

https://www.destructoid.com/wp-conte...1/banstick.jpg

1fsthatch 05-13-2009 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10894219)
lol @ the thread tags:

assclown, busted, epic fail, epic fail of 2009, lolwut, lowest iq, morons, owned, praa, racing, ricer, roflcopter, slow, street racing, thread of 2009, ticket

loll

Majofo 05-13-2009 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by timmahh (Post 10894219)
lol @ the thread tags:

yeah I saw that too.. Epic Fail is money.

Audioholics 05-13-2009 10:39 AM

I don't intend on killing anyone. I realize I fucked up that's why it's an accident man.
thats the lamest cop out that reckless drivers often use to take the blame off themselves. Meanwhile our insurance premiums go up b/c of people like you. Not to mention innocent people lose their lives.

I suggest you also take a basic class in Physics where you will learn that Contact Force = m&V^2 and you will appreciate just how much that goes up with only an additional 10-15mph over a posted speed limit. I think of my wife driving my 2 kids in her minivan trying to avoid a reckless driver like this going 80mph on a elevated road like this and it makes me sick.

Honestly, I wonder what your parents are thinking by getting you a faster car after this. I assume at 20, you don't have the credit or finances to buy this car yourself.

Remember what happen to Hulk Hogans kid? Now his best friend is paralized for life b/c they thought it would be cool to mimmick what they saw on The Fast & Furious Movie. Again poor parenting lead to a kid recklessly driving Dodge Vipers at 16 years old with no reprocussions for his actions. I blame the pussied down parenting skills of most parents these days.

CarrieLynn 05-13-2009 10:49 AM

Did someone post a link to this thread on another forum? There were just 17 guests in here....

LOL now there are 19

the-carbon-comet 05-13-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible (Post 10891050)
typical comments from todays "generation" of

desensitized,
video game playing,
mommy and daddy will replace it for me,
spoiled,
no respect or consideration for others,
it's all about me,
laws don't apply to me,
phuck everyone,
I'm a bad a$$,

Children....

sorry you rolled the car, glad you are alive, but seriously it's your fault and you don't see it nor want to take responsibility for it.. I am very glad you didn't kill anyone...

Lose the attitude, you screwed up, own up to it.... you were speeding, you lost control, end of story... doesn't matter that there is no posted limit, the MAXIMUM speed on any road in CA is 70mph, or whatever is safe for the road and conditions.. it's called the basic speed law: look it up... and obviously 85 wasn't safe for the road conditions..

drivers like you endanger the lives of everyone around you

drivers like you are the reason I am a widower and my first wife was killed 12 years ago.

a car is a weapon when not used as designed and within the confines of the law.

you want to drive it hard and fast, take it to a track...

Hey i play video games and I haven't rolled my car, anyone wanna take me on SFIV??

lusid 05-13-2009 11:19 AM

more traffic incoming!

Majofo 05-13-2009 11:22 AM

holy ish.. 30 guests.. did someone spread this to another forum?? if you're a guest, register and let us know where you're from..

6spdtl-s 05-13-2009 11:23 AM