3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road rage drunk guy backs into my TL *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad they found him! Sucked it happened let alone a crazy day at work! Hmm....I wonder what his boss would say, if he happened to come across the youtube videos of his drunk employee taking a joy ride in one of their cars...lol? Glad you're safe man!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
Give me his info..
Lol. Majofo is very resourceful. You did a great job on that one guy. I bet he has no idea how we did the things we did.

I agree with the lawyer, don't let him off so easy. It's very little additional trouble, the car will still be covered. Anyone who acts like that for no reason deserves more. He did not turn himself in, you found him. He could care less about making it right. What if you had no insurance. What if he injured someone? Put him away.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Lol. Majofo is very resourceful. You did a great job on that one guy. I bet he has no idea how we did the things we did.

I agree with the lawyer, don't let him off so easy. It's very little additional trouble, the car will still be covered. Anyone who acts like that for no reason deserves more. He did not turn himself in, you found him. He could care less about making it right. What if you had no insurance. What if he injured someone? Put him away.
gotta agree with IHC and others here.

I'm pretty sick and tired of hearing about shit people damaging others' property and getting away with it. Too many threads lately of vandalism on TL's. We live in an age where personal responsibility isn't even so much as an afterthought. People think they're entitled to do whatever the hell they want and that's horseshit.

These people need to be made examples of whenever the opportunity presents itself. Nothing pisses me off more than jackoffs who think their life is so awesome that they're able to do whatever they want without repercussion and basically just give a big "F U" to anybody who has a problem with it.

Seriously you should at least talk to a lawyer to see if there's any legit possibility of further action.

God I get riled up just typing about this shit. People piss me off. I would be after that little shithook for everything in the book that he could be slapped with.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
I would think since he was driving a dealer vehicle, you could argue he was acting on behalf of the dealership and at least threaten to sue him as well as the dealership for mental anguish. Just a thought! Maybe this would be enough for the dealership to settle something which you deserve, as now your car will have an accident record and non-factory paint. I think it would be fair and just!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 PM
'07 TL Type-S

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

That's the main thing. It's not like he turned himself in the next day and offered to pay to fix your car. The dude would have never spoke another word about it had they never caught him. Then(without insurance) you would be paying to fix your car. Since he is the manager I'm sure he could just lie about how the Rover got damaged.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:05 AM
2007 Type S WDP 5AT

Received 171 Likes on 64 Posts
Im glad he got caught but im pissed that no further action is taking place.

Please for the love of all that is good. Pursue this further!!!! PLEASEEEEEEE
Old 07-26-2012, 12:06 AM
2004, SSM, 6-speed, Navi

Received 23 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewA
I'm an attorney. In fact, I'm a patent attorney, so I'm an engineer who happens to have a law degree. I say all this as background for saying that I'm not the litigious type. But man, this whole situation is setting off all sorts of bells and whistles in my head. This is assault and battery with a deadly weapon. I wouldn't let him get off with a misdemeanor "fleeing" charge.

My own personal recommendation is to at least have a conversation with an attorney. This guy needs a greater deterrent to doing this kind of thing again.
Originally Posted by Turbocoop
Who told you that? It shouldnt matter if he gets charged with assault too, he still left the scene of the accident. There was an accident, which you have on camera, and there was an assault with intent to cause injury, which is also on camera. I think you should talk to a few lawyers and tell them what happened and show em the video. You might be able to come out with the car fixed and some extra money in the bank...
Originally Posted by i_love_cars
Seriously you should at least talk to a lawyer to see if there's any legit possibility of further action.

God I get riled up just typing about this shit. People piss me off. I would be after that little shithook for everything in the book that he could be slapped with.
I have been talking to a few attorneys including a personal friend who used to be the head prosecutor in the city. They all told me to hold up and giving the video up for a short time, but not too long if I thought I was going to have to use it for the criminal case. Also, they told me what I had known about insurance policies. The problem is, it can't be an act of negligence (an accident) and an intentional act (assault) at the same time.

Most insurance companies have wording similar to this in their policy contracts: "Accident – means an unexpected, unintended event that causes
bodily injury or property damage"

If the guy is found guilty of assault because of the incident, they can easily say they do not have to pay out for it and then I have to sue the guy personally and try to collect.

Also, in Missouri, if the damage to my vehicle is over $1,000 (which it easily is), the hit and run becomes a felony.

Originally Posted by AirForceFX
Good news man! Good freakin' news!
I'll take that Rover though if they're releasing it for cheap...
Well it was listed for sale on their website. The detective found it the next day, but it was quickly taken down.

Originally Posted by donnieb83
Glad they found him! Sucked it happened let alone a crazy day at work! Hmm....I wonder what his boss would say, if he happened to come across the youtube videos of his drunk employee taking a joy ride in one of their cars...lol? Glad you're safe man!
Originally Posted by niebur3
I would think since he was driving a dealer vehicle, you could argue he was acting on behalf of the dealership and at least threaten to sue him as well as the dealership for mental anguish. Just a thought! Maybe this would be enough for the dealership to settle something which you deserve, as now your car will have an accident record and non-factory paint. I think it would be fair and just!

Maybe just a discussion with the dealership about putting this on YouTube with the company's name and address in the title and a description along with with a link to the police report to show what their employees do with the vehicles customers are going to buy, will sway them to settle up with me quickly. I also have pretty good connections at the local news stations and they loved my previous dash cam videos.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
You know it IHC.

Damn.. just watched some of the vids posted here.

Give me his info..
Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 AM

I'm surprised this wasn't posted.. skip to 0:55.. I believe justice was served in this case.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:43 AM

yep:

We ride this road all the time, 227 in Georgetown KY. I know both riders and remember when this happened. The man (bitch) in the truck was proven intoxicated and got several felony charges including attempted murder and public endangerment. He is now serving two years in Kentucky state pen and nothing happened to the motorcyclists.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:47 AM

Of course.. this bitch was on another level.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad he got caught. People like that should not be on the road.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
damn. kudos for staying calm. karmas gonna fck em real good. DUI scks balls.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Nice to see that you got it fixed and I am surprised that your insurance co would not fix your car (that is comprehensive) and then turn around and sue him on your behalf.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Dam, so lucky you have a dash cam. Holy shit. Congrats man, glad to see everythings getting fixed your way.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:40 PM

Old 07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bbplayer
If the guy is found guilty of assault because of the incident, they can easily say they do not have to pay out for it and then I have to sue the guy personally and try to collect.

Also, in Missouri, if the damage to my vehicle is over $1,000 (which it easily is), the hit and run becomes a felony.
You can file suit against both the driver and the dealership and be able to get a judgement in small claims court very easily... I'm sure your atty friend has already told you that.

I think the consensus here is to nail him to the fullest extent available. I don't think he meant to hit your car, more likely to get you out of the car to fight in person but his drunkenness caused the rest. He's fortunate he didn't get tagged with the DWI- if all he gets is 'leaving the scene', he is a lucky bastard.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I am glad the guy got caught.. I just don't understand how your car wouldn't get fixed if they did do an assault charge? The guy worked for the dealership, it had dealer plates.. Him putting that dealer plate on the car means the car is 100% covered by the dealerships insurance.

Their insurance would have to pay, for it.. If not, his own personal insurance would have to cover assuming he has any.

Im just glad you got the guy and you'll get your car fixed.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Jokerman

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
A good insurance company will fix your car even if is an intentional situation. If someone vandalizes your car, that was intentional and they would cover it. Believe me, I know. The good thing about this situation is that you and everyone else knows who is at fault for this and the insurance company will go after the person who caused the damage. I know my insurance company will not make me pay the deductible if they know who casued the damage. It is very easy for them to take the guilty party to court to get themselves re-imbursed. So if i were you, i would look into it more.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
now whoever gona buy that Range Rover will ask for the Carfax and according to Carfax it is clean. ***NOT***.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
not sure on your state laws, but the dealership is responsable for the insurance. In WA state the vehicle is insured, not the driver. The vehicle at fault is the payee. If i loan my car to a friend, he runs into a car and totals it, my insurance company pays for it. That RR has insurance thru the dealer, if any at all. If their insurance doesnt pay it, the vehicle had dealer plates on so it was representing that dealer at the time. Dont worry about getting your car fixed, anyway you look at it, it will. I would be more worried about making sure an example is made out of this guy.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
although if you have already talked to lawyers, Im sure all that has been discussed already
Old 07-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 97 Posts
Justice!

I still hope you sue the guy though. He needs to be taught a lesson.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
I'm surprised this wasn't posted.. skip to 0:55.. I believe justice was served in this case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTZkZTYkaM

They were all in the wrong. The bikes were going way way over the speed limit, and the truck saw them coming so he blocked them and got pissed after that and tried to catch the other one at a high rate of speed that was way to dangerous with a load. Either way, they all should go to jail.
The following 2 users liked this post by pimpin-tl:
Acura-OC (07-27-2012), LockDots (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
They were all in the wrong. The bikes were going way way over the speed limit, and the truck saw them coming so he blocked them and got pissed after that and tried to catch the other one at a high rate of speed that was way to dangerous with a load. Either way, they all should go to jail.

I'm not condoning the speeding of the bikers.. but equating speeding to that of attempted murder and driving in a manner to put all motorist at risk is asinine.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Another excellent point, that man in the truck has no right to try and enforce speed limits. And not only is he trying to stop them but it sure seems like he's trying to kill them.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:08 AM
Pro

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
Meanwhile on RoverZine...
Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
Another excellent point, that man in the truck has no right to try and enforce speed limits. And not only is he trying to stop them but it sure seems like he's trying to kill them.
Bottom line, if the biker had never broke the law and crossed the double yellow line, there would have been no incident.That is a fact that can never be denied....
The following users liked this post:
pimpin-tl (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Safety Car

I'm not condoning the speeding of the bikers.. but equating speeding to that of attempted murder and driving in a manner to put all motorist at risk is asinine.
I saw no attempt of that other than trying to block the bike from passing and then catching him.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Bottom line, if the biker had never broke the law and crossed the double yellow line, there would have been no incident.That is a fact that can never be denied....
Exactly.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Team Owner

Bikes can be annoying doing some of the things they typically do. Even though some consider me hot headed I would never try to run one off the road or put his life in danger. If I had a problem I would confront him later on like at the stop sign. I keep my distance from the idiots on bikes. If they're being really retarded I call the police but putting someone's life in danger for crossing the double yellow line..... no.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by nfnsquared

I saw no attempt of that other than trying to block the bike from passing and then catching him.

Exactly.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Team Owner

Lol. Sometimes you wonder if they watched a different video.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:07 PM

Thank god the judge had better senses than both of them.

Some dickhead tried to run me off of the road while I was on my bicycle when I was in school. Luckily I was riding against traffic and on the campus when it happened. If I would have caught that guy, I probably would have killed him. The guy in the truck is lucky he didn't tangle with someone who meant business.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:13 PM

btw.. I did some digging and it was proven that the bikers weren't excessively speeding (50-60 mph, speed limit is 55 on that road).. only thing illegal was the overtake which was done with full view of oncoming traffic. No charges brought up to the bikers.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Team Owner

Thank god the judge had better senses than both of them.

Some dickhead tried to run me off of the road while I was on my bicycle when I was in school. Luckily I was riding against traffic and on the campus when it happened. If I would have caught that guy, I probably would have killed him. The guy in the truck is lucky he didn't tangle with someone who meant business.
I especially like the weapon he had. I mean, you go out of your way to pick a fight with these guys, at least you could face them like a man. So what ended up happening to the truck driver?

Off topic but back when I was preparing for a 2 day mountain bike trip deep into the mountains, I invested in a 1,200 lumen and a 400 lumen light setup, the 1200 pointed straight ahead and the 400 was two separate lights that I could aim towards the sides of the trail. I needed enough light that I could do a fun downhill ride at night. It was a lithium ion/LED combo that was stupid bright. I started using the 400 lumen when I went for night rides in the city because cars were so rude when they knew it was a bike coming their way. They would always cut me off, pull out in front of me, etc. Gave my 8" brakes a workout but that's another topic lol. With the dual 400 lumen setup, they would wait for me because I think they honestly didn't know if it was a slow moving car or something else. I got bright lights flashed at me by oncoming drivers all the time but it virtually eliminated people pulling out in front of me. The lamest thing is after realizing people thought my lights were too bright, I would keep it on the slightly lower setting just so I could flash them back when they flashed me. Pretty dumb but I'm easily entertained.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Safety Car

btw.. I did some digging and it was proven that the bikers weren't excessively speeding (50-60 mph, speed limit is 55 on that road).. only thing illegal was the overtake which was done with full view of oncoming traffic. No charges brought up to the bikers.
I know for a fact that is not true. They were GOING MUCH FASTER before they got to the Red truck. And when they did, if the speed limit was 50-55 the truck would not be all over the road as that is the safe posted speed limit. Plus following the truck they weren't even going as fast when he was moving fast. LOL. Those bikes were going at least 90+ down that road.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Lol. Sometimes you wonder if they watched a different video.
Watched the video where a biker passed in a no passing zone (the entire stretch of road was a no passing zone). The fact remains: had he obeyed the law and not passed, no incident would have happened. What part of that do you not comprehend?
Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Suzuka Master

watched that video and I would have to agree, those 3 guys were hauling ass. That is way faster than 55-60. That truck driver was the biggest asshat of them all.....you can clearly see them slow down when they go into town and then pick it right back up when they got through it. The fact that the truck driver is using ALL of that road trying to keep up with the first biker proves it.

Truck driver is at fault for trying to run the bike off of the road and amost hitting 2 more head on (he was in their lane when they passed in the opposite direction).

Last edited by YeuEmMaiMai; 07-28-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Suzuka Master

too late to edit so here goes

Utility poles are anywhere form 325 to 340 ft apart so if we do some basic math in the part after they go through the town, you can see they are passing a pole every 2.5 to 3 seconds. @ 3 seconds a pole, that is 75mph if you split the difffernce and at 325 ft it is about 73 and at 340 it is slightly over 77mph....far above 55 posted speed limit

Quick Reply: Road rage drunk guy backs into my TL *Video*