3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road rage drunk guy backs into my TL *Video*

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
prop for staying cool, but you never know what the other driver have in store for you. I seen someone involved in similar kind of road range in the end the guy who started the rage got nine 9 mm holes on his car lol.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Any info on your cam setup? I might want something like this.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Any info on your cam setup? I might want something like this.
+1 I'm HIGHLY considering something like this now.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Just like every other person said, props on staying cool. Since it was St. Louis I definitely wouldn't have gotten out and thankfully the girl kept that guy in the Range Rover because I wouldn't be surprised if he was carrying.

Keep us updated!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:20 AM
the overexplainer

Received 385 Likes on 337 Posts
people with smartphones can easily do the same. Android market has a bunch of apps for this to log your speed, location, etc.

something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x5cm9hZHMudiJd
Old 07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by ez12a
people with smartphones can easily do the same. Android market has a bunch of apps for this to log your speed, location, etc.

something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x5cm9hZHMudiJd
That's actually an awesome idea except the fact that it will drain your battery like no other. I'd rather have an HD dash cam hooked up to the car's power and then saved all to a 3TB hard drive haha.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It sounds like the guy's name is "Tyler".
Old 07-18-2012, 10:09 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
A setup that keeps files for a week or so, then starts to overwrite those would be great. So all it does is record when you drive and you never have to worry about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Hit and runs, Thats that shit I dont like, Bang Bang.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
In for updates as well.

But I have to ask... at 0:35 when he started backing up, why didn't you move around the left? I don't know where the camera was, but it seems like you were (understandably) across the line, and had some space to go around. Obviously I wasn't there, and hindsight is 20/20, but it looked like an option.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
A setup that keeps files for a week or so, then starts to overwrite those would be great. So all it does is record when you drive and you never have to worry about it.
Exactly. My brother's police car does the same thing. Every time he activated the lights or sirens the camera and mic turns on. I'd like it if it was constantly on though, we don't have sirens
Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 AM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
in for updates.. this shit is crazy
Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Thats insane. Glad you had it on tape, showed a few of my friends and they were shocked as well.

Pretty lame how the cop didn't catch him. They love to hassle normal citizens, make u turns and follow people with tint and no front plate for miles but can't catch a real criminal. Absolutely NO surprise there.

Good luck with getting the guy. Keep us updated.
The following 5 users liked this post by Aretardedorange:
Acura_Dude (07-18-2012), crazyasiantl (07-18-2012), LaJay007 (07-18-2012), PortlandRL (07-21-2012), VQPower37 (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
drunk drivers

In for update!
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
... They do their job and ticket law breakers with illegal tint and no front plate....
Fixed ^^^^.
The following 3 users liked this post by nfnsquared:
Aman (07-18-2012), justnspace (07-18-2012), Morrissey25 (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Fixed ^^^^.
HAHAHA we got a cop on the forums.

Let me tell you how the "law" really works around me against window tint/no front plate. If you have a shield and or a PBA card you are able to "break" the law and get away with it. They don't pull over those cars and if they do, they get off scott free. However if someone who is not connected to law enforcement gets pulled they get all the tickets. Doesn't that sound illegal to you? Oh well, that doesn't stop the cops around here. In NY and NJ its ILLEGAL to be pulled over for ONLY window tint/no plate, you must have committed a MOVING violation for them to pull you over, you CANT just get pulled over for window tint/plate. Window tint/no plate are NOT moving violations. Cops don't follow this rule and pop u turns and start following for miles before they pull you over.

If I have to enforce the law, why aren't the officers enforcing the law? Why do they get to tint their personal cars to whatever % they desire? I live near a precinct and most cops personal cars have limo tint, no plate, etc. Damn hypocrites.

Just a few days ago I was at a meet (big car meet) where these cops just pulled in and started ticketing for no plate/tint/loud exhaust/etc, BTW this meet was approved by the town months ago, it was just the end of the month and easy revenue.

Pull over those people that text and drive, talk on the phone and drive and aggressive drivers, oh wait....that actually takes effort to do, why not get some easy revenue money and pull over the people running no plate and tint. WAIT A MINUTE, lets let all the people with malfunctioning brake lights, turn signals, ricer headlights, tinted taillights go scott free as well, they aren't a threat to anyone.

The majority of cops these days were the "bullies/losers of high school". The bullies continuing their bullying now "legal" and the losers taking revenge.

Maybe its just my area, who knows. Someone hit me in stop and go traffic 2 weeks ago, took a cop 2 hours to come out to take a report. All of them were "busy" I guess, busy eating donuts or pulling over no front plate cars.

I know 99% of you will flame me for this post but I am just posting what I have experienced.

Last edited by Aretardedorange; 07-18-2012 at 12:08 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Aretardedorange:
Acura_Dude (07-18-2012), Dpat (07-18-2012), LaJay007 (07-18-2012), PortlandRL (07-21-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
Pretty lame how the cop didn't catch him. They love to hassle normal citizens, make u turns and follow people with tint and no front plate for miles but can't catch a real criminal. Absolutely NO surprise there.
Coming from the guy with a tinted front windshield.

Let me ask you this, would you rather have a cop going after this guy or responding to an armed robbery/bar fight/assault/rape etc.?

OP was not in immediate danger, there little threat of harm, in fact, he was the one following the guy (I'm not saying this was wrong, I would have done the same thing).

So let me ask you this, your mother's house is getting broken into, a robbery in progress, do you want the cops to respond to this call of a hit and run or to your mother?

On another note, law enforcement agencies are getting cut back and they're running on skeleton crews on every watch. Responding to everything is just unrealistic, have a problem with that? Talk to your local politicians.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 PM
the overexplainer

off topic but I see a lot of UC cars with limo tint to hide the light bar mounted inside. part of the gig.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Exciting video/story with a happy (hopefully) ending. Can't wait for updates.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 PM
the overexplainer

Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
That's actually an awesome idea except the fact that it will drain your battery like no other. I'd rather have an HD dash cam hooked up to the car's power and then saved all to a 3TB hard drive haha.
yeah, i bought a car charger specifically to do this.
Amazon Amazon

Apps like these are configurable so it can record continuously and delete the oldest video in a specified increment so it'll never fill up the entire phone memory. You'd be surprised how boring video of a drive can be lol, might as well delete it.

I can see the benefit of just having a permanent setup though. Set it and forget it.

Last edited by ez12a; 07-18-2012 at 12:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by VanyDotK
Coming from the guy with a tinted front windshield.

Let me ask you this, would you rather have a cop going after this guy or responding to an armed robbery/bar fight/assault/rape etc.?

OP was not in immediate danger, there little threat of harm, in fact, he was the one following the guy (I'm not saying this was wrong, I would have done the same thing).

So let me ask you this, your mother's house is getting broken into, a robbery in progress, do you want the cops to respond to this call of a hit and run or to your mother?

On another note, law enforcement agencies are getting cut back and they're running on skeleton crews on every watch. Responding to everything is just unrealistic, have a problem with that? Talk to your local politicians.
Of course I would want the cops to respond to my mothers house. But the thing is, 5-6 cops passed the scene of the accident, after flagging ONE down, they said I need to call it in because they are on "patrol" and can't just stop to assist me. I had called it in, these cops were doing nothing.

Yes I do have, but I have a eye condition and have a DMV approved note, but I still get the ticket, I have to go to court and show judge the note, they drop it no fine, just a hassle.

Most cops aren't bad I am just venting obviously, I find the tristate area cops are one of the worst in the country, cops in canada are amazing, cops down south (FL/NC) are great, I know this because we have residences in these places and am there often.

LOL a eastchester police officer pulled me over when I was riding in our other car that has FL plates (its from FL) and gave me a no front plate ticket. The ticket got dropped but apparently its LEGAL for them to give out of state no front plate/tint tickets. Makes no sense but whatever.

Last edited by Aretardedorange; 07-18-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
subscribed for updates
Old 07-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 125 Posts
Of course I would want the cops to respond to my mothers house. But the thing is, 5-6 cops passed the scene of the accident, after flagging ONE down, they said I need to call it in because they are on "patrol" and can't just stop to assist me. I had called it in, these cops were doing nothing.
This is typically how calls are prioritized, the cops that were passing were probably responding to something.
http://www.arlingtonpd.org/index.asp...11response.htm

Most cops aren't bad I am just venting obviously, I find the tristate area cops are one of the worst in the country, cops in canada are amazing, cops down south (FL/NC) are great, I know this because we have residences in these places and am there often.
Please don't try to play the "cops are cool in general" card when we all know you dislike them. See your ignorant quote below

The majority of cops these days were the "bullies/losers of high school". The bullies continuing their bullying now "legal" and the losers taking revenge.
Yes I do have, but I have a eye condition and have a DMV approved note, but I still get the ticket, I have to go to court and show judge the note, they drop it no fine, just a hassle.

LOL a eastchester police officer pulled me over when I was riding in our other car that has FL plates (its from FL) and gave me a no front plate ticket. The ticket got dropped but apparently its LEGAL for them to give out of state no front plate/tint tickets. Makes no sense but whatever.
Nobody is perfect, cops included. It sucks you have a note and you have to go to court to get your ticket dropped but it's not like the officer can verify your note is real or not on the spot. A lot of it is attitude, too. Most, not all, cops will let you off if you're not a dick.

I know here in California it does not matter if you have a note or not, your front windows can't be tinted with anything other than the tint that blocks UV rays.
Morrissey25 (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by VanyDotK
This is typically how calls are prioritized, the cops that were passing were probably responding to something.
http://www.arlingtonpd.org/index.asp...11response.htm

Please don't try to play the "cops are cool in general" card when we all know you dislike them. See your ignorant quote below

Nobody is perfect, cops included. It sucks you have a note and you have to go to court to get your ticket dropped but it's not like the officer can verify your note is real or not on the spot. A lot of it is attitude, too. Most, not all, cops will let you off if you're not a dick.

I know here in California it does not matter if you have a note or not, your front windows can't be tinted with anything other than the tint that blocks UV rays.
Totally correct about the attitude. I always pull over to the shoulder, blinkers on, car ignition off, lights off, hands on steering wheel and the keys on the dash. It just depends on the cops mood to be honest.

If the officer wanted he could verify the note, its from the DMV, he can call them, also has the number for my eye doctor.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Race Director

Can we keep this on topic? This thread has nothing to do with tinted windows or cops, it's about having a dash cam and some drunk asshole hitting a fellow TL driver. Orange, stop starting shit.
The following 3 users liked this post by Undying Dreams:
Aman (07-18-2012), PortlandRL (07-21-2012), TheLowLife (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 PM

^ i was just about to say the same thing
Undying Dreams (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
nice brakes! i wonder if the base TL 5at would have stopped the same. do you have oem brembo pads?
Old 07-18-2012, 02:59 PM
A6 and TL

Can we keep this on topic? This thread has nothing to do with tinted windows or cops, it's about having a dash cam and some drunk asshole hitting a fellow TL driver. Orange, stop starting shit.
Oops I forgot your brother is a cop, must have touched a nerve.

If you can read, you would have realized I said how lame the cops were because they couldn't catch the guy when he was right there.

Thats all.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:01 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
nice brakes! i wonder if the base TL 5at would have stopped the same. do you have oem brembo pads?
+1.

Brakes sure saved the day, although, even if they hadn't, the camera would have been enough to get you out of trouble.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Oops I forgot your brother is a cop, must have touched a nerve.

If you can read, you would have realized I said how lame the cops were because they couldn't catch the guy when he was right there.

Thats all.
The following 3 users liked this post by TheLowLife:
Acura-OC (07-18-2012), Aman (07-18-2012), Undying Dreams (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by TheLowLife

OK, lets keep this on topic, really! We don't want Mr.Bell to start giving out bans.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Race Director

This ALSO has NOTHING to do with family or people here being cops. Keep the fucking thread on topic, I constantly see you posting 5 paragraph essays on here arguing with others, thinking you're some big bad ass on the internet, this is a car forum, not reddit.
Aman (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 03:06 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190
the base 5at brakes actually stop SHORTER than the Brembo counter part.

BBK's are only good for Brake FADE.

Tires are more important in stopping distances than brakes themselves.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
As a fellow TL owner and St. Louisan this sucks. I hope you find that douche and he's prosecuted to the full extent of the law. As for other posters asking about dash cams, the St. Louis Metro area is notorious for having crappy municipality cops push around people over traffic violations. 1 mile of highway may cross 4 different municipalities with 4 different cops patrolling it. These cops were busted based off of someone having a camera in their car. It eventually closed one department in the area because their cops were so abusive after an investigation took place.

Last edited by imakeholesinu; 07-18-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 PM

I can't speak for the brembo's but my stockies on my 5mt stop pretty damn well
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Race Director

So now for those who are concerned over braking, OP, what tires are you running?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW!!!! I simply cannot believe that you didn't go ape shit on that guy. You definitely showed a TON of self control. I cannot say that if that happened to me, that I would have stayed half as calm as you did. And as everyone has already stated, good job on getting all of it recorded. There is absolutely no way that this guy will get off with a slap on the hand.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by TheLowLife
I can't speak for the brembo's but my stockies on my 5mt stop pretty damn well
Oh thats cool, didn't know the TL came with a 5MT. LOL YOU ARE SO SMART.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM
A6 and TL

This ALSO has NOTHING to do with family or people here being cops. Keep the fucking thread on topic, I constantly see you posting 5 paragraph essays on here arguing with others, thinking you're some big bad ass on the internet, this is a car forum, not reddit.
Actually this is a public forum and I was simply posting my opinion that was related to the video. If you don't like it, GTFO, very simple concept.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
someone hasnt gotten laid in a while.

can you tell who it is?!

Quick Reply: Road rage drunk guy backs into my TL *Video*