Sponsored by:

Raced with G35

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 07:18 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock vs stock

g35c > 04 tl

i am down to race with my stock g35 coupe 6 spd with any stock 04 tl and i will beat the **** out of you due to few race i had.

04 tl and g35c are different class
04 tl and g35 sedan are same class

whoever said g35 coupe has ****ty handling they are morons!
Old 01-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Banned

You are a moron to even think you would beat a TL. It's a drivers race. No one has raced one yet.

Originally posted by jdmlover79
stock vs stock

g35c > 04 tl

i am down to race with my stock g35 coupe 6 spd with any stock 04 tl and i will beat the **** out of you due to few race i had.

04 tl and g35c are different class
04 tl and g35 sedan are same class

whoever said g35 coupe has ****ty handling they are morons!
Old 01-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Banned

how about g35c out handle 350z in top gear?
while 350z and m3 put out same lap time.
now you saying your 330 will out handle g35c?
plz man, maybe you don't know how to drive car.
From all the tests that were published, the G35C did not handle as good as the 350z.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:21 AM
8th Gear

M.O.T.H.E.R--F.U.C.K.E.R.S
shut the F.U.C.K-- Up
all of you biaches

peace @ssholes
Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Banned

OMG, please go away. You have no clue what your saying.

Maxima for one is FWD.

i think you don't have any clue either.
come on yo vr4 is awd and maxima is rwd.
it is really posible to put 6-7 car length.

0-15 whp won't make that much difference in 0-60 mph race.
it is more likely other stuff but you don't need 100hp to put 2 car length in 0-60 mph race.

edit: plz guys honda/acura and infiniti/nissan are all great cars.
in handling honda/acura will out perform infiniti/nissan(NSX type-r, biach!!!!) but in the straight drag race infiniti/nissan will dust honda/acura (GT-R, come on now !).
i own both acura and infiniti cars and i have respect to all of honda and nissan cars.

i am comparing stock to stock.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 AM
8th Gear

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
From all the tests that were published, the G35C did not handle as good as the 350z.
they did due to longer wheel base.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:25 AM
8th Gear

OMG, please go away. You have no clue what your saying.

Maxima for one is FWD.
ok my bad but did you see my points?
he compared awd and fwd 0-60 mph race.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:29 AM
8th Gear

You are a moron to even think you would beat a TL. It's a drivers race. No one has raced one yet.
if i said i did race 04 tl and beat him not only once but 8 times.
wat you gonna say? dum@ss

don't blame driver cuz he is BETTER DRIVER than me

he put better ET than me in my other toy car (rsx type-s)

so shut the F.U.C.K-- Up
Old 01-12-2004, 07:33 AM
8th Gear

omg!

i just found out 04 tl is not even dohc.
hmm.......

and 11.0 :1 compression ratio
dam!!!!
man 04 tl sohc engine is kinda at limit.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:45 AM
Banned

if i said i did race 04 tl and beat him not only once but 8 times.
wat you gonna say? dum@ss

don't blame driver cuz he is BETTER DRIVER than me

he put better ET than me in my other toy car (rsx type-s)

so shut the F.U.C.K-- Up
I seriously doubt you raced one yet. They just came out about 1 month ago and the 6spds are just a handful.

The G35 runs mid 14s mostly, some low 14s, the new TL suppose to run the same. Have yet to see one hit the track.

But if my AUTO CL-S hit 14.42 at 99.8 mph, I know the TL 6spd can do it.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Banned

omg!

i just found out 04 tl is not even dohc.
hmm.......

and 11.0 :1 compression ratio
dam!!!!
man 04 tl sohc engine is kinda at limit.
True its sorta at its limit, but it sure can handle the boost longer than the 3.5VQ can.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:53 AM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I seriously doubt you raced one yet. They just came out about 1 month ago and the 6spds are just a handful.

The G35 runs mid 14s mostly, some low 14s, the new TL suppose to run the same. Have yet to see one hit the track.

But if my AUTO CL-S hit 14.42 at 99.8 mph, I know the TL 6spd can do it.
Is this Russ wow you had one factory freak wi those times especially that 99.8 Trap on a stock auto CLS, most manuals didnt trap that high.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:58 AM

Well it did in one C/D test.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:00 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Monte TLS,MAX
Well it did in one C/D test.
The G35c with the 6-speed and 18s came with better tires than the Z tested. If you test drive the two cars, the Z feels a little more tossable but the G35c handles very well. For a FWD to compete with the coupe in handling, it would have to weigh much less than the TL. BTW, the 6-speed coupe is a low 14, high 13 second car. Most 6 speeds have gotten around 14.0 consistently. Its faster than a comparable CLS w/headers (go check out the slips at g35driver.com if you don't believe me).

Seriously interested in the TL's luxury but enamored with the coupes handling. decisions, decisions...
Old 01-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Monte TLS,MAX
Is this Russ wow you had one factory freak wi those times especially that 99.8 Trap on a stock auto CLS, most manuals didnt trap that high.
Manuals trap around 96-97 mph.

My Auto had Headers and hks mufflers. Thats it, and it was basically a dead even race with a 6spd.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:33 AM

Manuals trap around 96-97 mph.

My Auto had Headers and hks mufflers. Thats it, and it was basically a dead even race with a 6spd.
Gotcha!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by EZZ
The G35c with the 6-speed and 18s came with better tires than the Z tested. If you test drive the two cars, the Z feels a little more tossable but the G35c handles very well. For a FWD to compete with the coupe in handling, it would have to weigh much less than the TL. BTW, the 6-speed coupe is a low 14, high 13 second car. Most 6 speeds have gotten around 14.0 consistently. Its faster than a comparable CLS w/headers (go check out the slips at g35driver.com if you don't believe me).

Seriously interested in the TL's luxury but enamored with the coupes handling. decisions, decisions...
I know been a member their for a while.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Racer

True its sorta at its limit, but it sure can handle the boost longer than the 3.5VQ can.
Wow, I see you haven't changed ONE BIT, Russ.

You're talking straight out of your butt YET AGAIN. We all know that engines with high static compression ratios are not very boost friendly. So now a Honda engine with an 11.0:1 CR will handle boost longer than a 10.3:1 CR VQ35.

You JUST said....

...yet now you are trying to make conclusions about how well the J32A3 will hold up to boost when it is ALSO brand new.

NOBODY has boosted a J32A3, yet Russ.

Where is your data backing this? Oh wait, you don't have any. You're talking about of your butt again.

Anyhow, all intelligent threads end when you begin posting. This thread was actually pretty decent. Up until now. Anyhow, since you're posting here now that's my sign to check out. Your level of ignorance, stupidity, double standards, and hypocrisy is something I no longer have the stomach for.

Peace out.

TL guys - Please meet Russ. THE PLAGUE. You may not know him very well yet, but you soon will.

http://www.lamer.net/
Old 01-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Pro

Originally posted by SteVTEC

You're talking straight out of your butt YET AGAIN. We all know that engines with high static compression ratios are not very boost friendly. So now a Honda engine with an 11.0:1 CR will handle boost longer than a 10.3:1 CR VQ35.

You JUST said....

...yet now you are trying to make conclusions about how well the J32A3 will hold up to boost when it is ALSO brand new.

Where is your data backing this? Oh wait, you don't have any. You're talking about of your butt again.

Anyhow, all intelligent threads end when you begin posting. This thread was actually pretty decent. Up until now. Anyhow, since you're posting here now that's my sign to check out. Your level of ignorance, stupidity, double standards, and hypocrisy is something I no longer have the stomach for.

Peace out.

TL guys - Please meet Russ. THE PLAGUE. You may not know him very well yet, but you soon will.

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Old 01-12-2004, 11:54 AM
Pro

You JUST said....

Peace out.

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Old 01-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

Same old Steve.

No reports of the J32 blowing up yet. But MANY MANY REPORTS of the ones in the G35 and 350z blowing, same goes for the Maximas. So then, the J32 seems to be able to HANDLE the boost better. No, we know a higher compression engine shouldn't be able to handle the boost longer, but it seems the J32 doesn't have a problem YET. J32A3 is basically the same engine as the a2.

Data, well go search the forums. None on the 6spd CL forum, but lots on the 350z forum. Hmmmm that should tell you something.

Seems to me you are the one without proof. Just your theory.

So take your childish behavior away from this forum. We don't need you to spew your crap here. Nissan isn't the BEST thing that hit the road like you think.

You JUST said....

Peace out.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:09 PM
On the way!

This truly is a thread that WILL NOT DIE! Somebody close this - I'm tired of getting emails from it!
Old 01-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Instructor

u were running along with NON-racing g35 sedan awd probably..
lol
G35 got torque - it would outrun '04 TL if he had stick..
G35 sedan auto with slow reaction time/bad launch and I believe u...
L)
Old 01-12-2004, 12:33 PM
Racer

Same old Steve.

No reports of the J32 blowing up yet. But MANY MANY REPORTS of the ones in the G35 and 350z blowing, same goes for the Maximas. So then, the J32 seems to be able to HANDLE the boost better. No, we know a higher compression engine shouldn't be able to handle the boost longer, but it seems the J32 doesn't have a problem YET. J32A3 is basically the same engine as the a2.

Data, well go search the forums. None on the 6spd CL forum, but lots on the 350z forum. Hmmmm that should tell you something.
Also note to TL guys.

Here is Maxima.org's Smiliey List page:
http://forums.maxima.org/misc.php?s=&action=showsmilies

If you scroll to about the last third of the page you will see the following smiliey....

:russ: =

The smiliey was named in his honor because of his long posts and very strong and ill-informed arguments on things which he knows nothing about. You have to take anything out of this guy's mouth like a grain of salt because of the reasons I mentioned above. Honestly, when I saw his review post of the 04TL and announced his intention to buy, I felt sorry for you guys. Because that means you're going to have to put up with him.

Fear not, though. He tends to switch new cars every year, so hopefully you won't have to put up with him for very long. And no, he will not wait for the 05 to come out as he mentioned. He'll never make it that long and will get an 04 in a few months. An 04 TL would be Russ' 11th car since 1996. All of them new except for his 1991 Sentra. He also failed to mention in his sig his 2003 A4 1.8TQ 5spd manual that he had. Sorry Russ, forgot about that one, did you? LOL!

So take your childish behavior away from this forum. We don't need you to spew your crap here. Nissan isn't the BEST thing that hit the road like you think.
No sh1t RUSS, that's why we bought a TOYOTA in 2002 when purchasing something for my better half to drive. That decision was pretty much mine. She just picked out the color and we both love it.

Here's a purdy pic of it at the Outer Banks.

Right, so I moderate an Accord V6 forum, moderate a Nissan Maxima forum, and also co-own a Toyota Highlander. Therefore I must think Nissans are the best damned things on the planet. A very weak and old argument, my friend.

Anyhow, now I'm done. Peace
Old 01-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

Like usual, comes back with more insults.

I haven't said anything wrong or out of line. But you have.

If anyone has a problem with me here they would have said so, but it seems no one does, or on the CL board. It is only the Maxima guys that have always thought they were the sh*t (excuse my language).

Now run away now and enjoy your Maxima guys. We don't need this non-sense here.

PS, a maxima owner owns that lamer site. So go figure why it talks crap about many things.

Also since I owned those how-tos I can ask for them to be taken down AT ANY TIME if I well please. It was denied by the person I loaned them too, so I had to take a bit of action.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Banned

Oh just so others know too...

I did mention my Audi. But obviously Steve is full of it again.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=68583

"Ride/Handling:

The car handles better than my CL-S ever did. My 03 1.8t A4 with sport package handles almost identical as the new TL does. The car has a smooth ride, a little bit of wind noise (could be due to the strong winds we have today). Tire noise was noticeable, but not loud. Vibration I did feel slightly, nothing annoying though. It is defintely a highway cruiser."

And several times below.

And my sig, you can only have it so big, I don't need to add my list of cars I all had. Some here know I had a A4, and if you read my post about the test drive they would know.

Also one other thing.

9 daily driver cars since 1996. 1 autocross fun car which was the 91 se-r.

The Path was a switch due to my work, needed a truck, but now we have a truck in the company, I have no need for a truck anymore, so the TL is on my list.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 3,864 Likes on 2,031 Posts
You could probably count on two fingers the number of people who care about this little feud.

Mike
Old 01-12-2004, 12:55 PM
whut

Originally posted by svtmike
You could probably count on two fingers the number of people who care about this little feud.

Mike
:banghead:

Ditto...time to lock this one down. Take it somewhere else, guys.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:56 PM
3rd Gear

Also since I owned those how-tos I can ask for them to be taken down AT ANY TIME if I well please. It was denied by the person I loaned them too, so I had to take a bit of action.
and THIS is what you TL guys get to look forward to.

russ had webspace and hosted some "how-to"s then when he got booted from maxima.org he claimed copyright and tried to get maxima.org shut down

ban him now and avoid the headache he's going to cause this site in the long run
Old 01-12-2004, 01:29 PM
3rd Gear

same goes for the Maximas.
who has a boosted VQ35 Maxima?

compare the 5 SC'ed cl's to the hundreds of 350z's boosted. Its a known problem that timing was the issue on the ATI kit. Every other kit comes with timing control and hasn't had a problem. ATI sorted out this so we will see from now on who has problems. Also look at the massive power the boosted cl-s are making BUWHAHAHAHA!!!

Nissan isn't the BEST thing that hit the road like you think. [/B]
seems like 7 out of your 10 cars since 96 are Nissan
Old 01-12-2004, 03:19 PM
whut

Ok look people (you know who you are)...I own an '04 TL and love it, but I'm not stupid enough to go around dissing Nissan's VQ35 or the capabilities of the cars built around it, particularly the G35. It's a damn impressive engine, better in some ways than our beloved 3.2, and very boost friendly when properly massaged. Frankly, the gains we get from forced induction aren't very impressive considering the cost, and why the hell does it matter whether our TL is a tick faster or slower other than the mental penis enlargement factor. I don't require it and most members (no pun intended) of this board don't need it either. In most matchups between a TL and a "VQ car", it's simply gonna come down to who drives the best. End of story.

That being said, I just took a 250 mile road trip in my TL and I'm in love. This thing eats the miles like nothing else I've owned and with incredible ease. It has the seat memory bug but no other problems to date.

Can we lock this now? :p
Old 01-13-2004, 10:29 AM
9th Gear

Originally posted by LVSBB6
HP and TQ measured at the flywheel does not say it all.
Wheel HP and TQ measured from dyno is what the actual numbers the car is actually putting on the ground.

G35 is RWD vehicle, thus the power loss from the drivetrain/axle will be greater than that of a TL with FWD.

Here's a dyno of a stock G35 coupe 6MT that I found from www.6MT.net:

G35 coupe has 280hp and 270lbs of tq. As you can see, a G35 coupe on dyno shows a 31% drivetrain loss in HP and 26% drivetrain loss in TQ.
A G35 sedan with 260hp and 260lbs of tq would put down even lesser numbers than these, approximately 198 whp and 206 tq base on the same caculation as above.
We have yet seen any dyno of the 2004 TL, if anyone can post a dyno of a TL Type S we can compare the graphs and analyze from there.
this is a ridiculous dyno. Is it even off a g35?Most of the g's i've seen dynod at around 230+ hp and about the same torque
Old 01-13-2004, 10:32 AM
9th Gear

some sound like a bunch of ricers argueing. both are great cars, leave it at that. I'm sure both can be beat back and forth, but I've seen g35s put down better numbers down at the track over the tls.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by g35thanh
some sound like a bunch of ricers argueing. both are great cars, leave it at that. I'm sure both can be beat back and forth, but I've seen g35s put down better numbers down at the track over the tls.
A TL 6SPD just ran at the track and did 14.2 at 98 mph. Stock. Possible a 13 sec car with a better 60 ft. 2.13. I would have to say that they are about the same.

The TL dynos more hp in 6spd than the G35 it seems per that graph.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:03 AM
G35 Freak

Originally posted by TL_6SPD
A TL 6SPD just ran at the track and did 14.2 at 98 mph. Stock. Possible a 13 sec car with a better 60 ft. 2.13. I would have to say that they are about the same.

The TL dynos more hp in 6spd than the G35 it seems per that graph.
Back to the stupid arguing, but the times in my sig are for a stock car as well.

Like a couple of posts up, it all comes down to the driver. Whoever gets the better launch is going ot be very hard, if impossible, to catch. These two cars are completely a drivers race. They are VERY EVENLY matched.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally posted by D_Nyholm
Back to the stupid arguing, but the times in my sig are for a stock car as well.

Like a couple of posts up, it all comes down to the driver. Whoever gets the better launch is going ot be very hard, if impossible, to catch. These two cars are completely a drivers race. They are VERY EVENLY matched.
I did just say that, but you reworded it.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:45 PM
G35 Freak

Sorry, was directing that completely at you, just the post in general. Didn't mean to hit the quote button!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Instructor

You are 100% correct, but there is and will be more MODS availble for the G35 than the tl. So after Headers/CATS/Exhaust/Plenum/CAI/ECU/and many more the G35 would dominate. Also, all these mods are out now!!

Originally posted by D_Nyholm

Old 01-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Racer

that looks nothing like a g35 dyno...numbers are way higher than that with a stock g
Old 01-13-2004, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

Heres a video clip of G35 coupe vs. CL-S... For anyone who havent seen it yet...

(right click and Save As...)

Click here

Quick Reply: Raced with G35