3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help w/ Acura/Honda execs - 04 problems!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 10:04 AM
s54
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help w/ Acura/Honda execs - 04 problems!

I'd like to enlist the support of this site to find contact details, including email, for Acura and Honda execs, including CEO and Chief Marketing Officer.

See below for details of my problems, but the summary is that I have had my 04 TL in for problems seven times in seven months, five times specifically for the creaking/popping noise in the driver's side, and to a lesser extent, the passenger side.

The dealer has had my car for 2 1/2 days in the last two weeks and now says they can do nothing else except "get a regional rep involved".

Anyone able to help?

S

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...7&page=2&pp=25
Old 10-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
A research librarian at a public library or any alrge corporation if you work for one could find this - and I am sure a little Google work also. But may I offer a word of advice based on many years of experience? Writing to those execs will do nothing but perhaps make you feel better - they do not answer them, nor read them. If they answered them with anything but a laundered legally reviewed form letter, you will be even more angry.

Seek your own remedies, using due diligence and a bit of compromise. If all else fails, do what i have only had to do once in ownership of over 35 new cars - obtain an attorney and seek remedy. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by s54
The dealer has had my car for 2 1/2 days in the last two weeks and now says they can do nothing else except "get a regional rep involved".
I had my car in the shop over a month ago to look at a few issues I have with it. That was over a month ago and still haven't heard back if the parts are in.
They also said they would have to get an 'area rep' involved to determine a fix for a problem. Hopefully they will do that.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by s54
I'd like to enlist the support of this site to find contact details, including email, for Acura and Honda execs, including CEO and Chief Marketing Officer.

See below for details of my problems, but the summary is that I have had my 04 TL in for problems seven times in seven months, five times specifically for the creaking/popping noise in the driver's side, and to a lesser extent, the passenger side.

Anyone able to help?

S

I can really sympathize with your predicament. I wrote to two execs 7 months ago regarding a problem with my older generation Acura. After 6 weeks, all I got was a survey form from ACS. Mind you, I never spoke to ACS. So, I sent a nasty letter back to the same guys. Am sure they never read my first letter, and probably just tossed my second one to an underling. Or maybe the sec'ty finally turned it over to the District Service & Parts Mgr. So, 6 more weeks go by and I got a call from the DSPM. Didn't get any satisfaction, but didn't really expect much since my car was way out of warranty. What I did learn was that these people have no idea what good customer relations mean. Maybe that's because the new Acuras are selling so well.

FWIW here are 2 contacts for you: Dick Colliver and Thomas Elliott. Both are Exec VPs and their address is American Honda Motor Co., Inc., 1919 Torrance Boulevard, Torrance,
CA 90501.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 10-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Burning Brakes

It is a true shame that they aren't more responsive in some fashion. Bet you Lexus people aren't that way.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Cruisin'

I have been waiting for a rep call for 2 months. Don't hold your breath. Arbitrate or file lemon lawsuit.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s54

Anyone able to help?

S

S54, I do not have contact information, but I can give you the list of execs and main corporate phone number. You'll have to dial for dollars from there.

- Koichi Amemiya, President, Honda North America, Inc.
- Thomas G. Elliott, Executive Vice President, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Koki Hirashima, President, Honda of America Mfg., Inc.
- Hirohide Ikeno, President, Honda R&D Americas, Inc.
- Kathy H. Jones, Vice President, Audit, Honda North America, Inc.
- Masaaki Kato, President, Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC.
- Hiroshi Kobayashi, President, Honda Canada, Inc.
- Koichi Kondo, President, American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

http://www.hondanews.com/CatID1001?m...28261&mime=asc

Contact InformationAddress: 1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746
Phone:310-783-2000Fax:310-783-2110
Old 10-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Koichi Amemiya
Executive Vice President
Chairman of American Honda Motor
Acura Automobile Division
American Honda Motor Co.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance CA 90501

And good luck. They do not care at all. I had major, safety issues with my 2003 TL-S. They stonewalled, patronized and did nothing. And then when that didn't get me to go away, they basically pretended there was nothing wrong--must be me! The GM of my dealership actually said my "expectations were too high." Um, yeah. What was I thinking--expecting a car like that would have a transmission that would last longer than a set of brake pads?

Fortunately for me, and unfortunately them, I don't go away quietly and I also don't lose as a rule. Went to war--first step was arbitration through BBB and won in the first round. They had to repurchase the 2003. Only because another dealer where a relative of a colleague was a manager offered me a GREAT deal on the 2004 given the circumstances (Acura had nothing to do with that; from start to finish, they couldn't have cared less. I have never seen people so disinterested and disdainful of their costumers) did I even entertain getting another Acura. Ultimately, and very reluctantly, I did, simply because I really liked the car and it was a better package than anything else out there. So far, it has been great, which is good, since I know the minute I have to deal with Acura or the dealer on problems it is all over.

Good luck. PM me if you hit stone walls and need pointers.

ME

P.S. By way of reference, the only other time I had major problems with a car (and this Acura is my 10th) was on a 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe I bought new. People like to take shots at GM, but first they offered me a new car, whatever I wanted, and after they couldn't find it in a reasonable time because of the strike that year, they gave me all my money back voluntarily. Acura could take cue from them; even acknowledging a problem and not dismissively treating me like a fool would have been nice touches.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:26 PM
s54
Advanced

very helpful - thanks all

Thanks all - I am going to begin this process in earnest this week and this will help a lot.

When you purchase an Acura (or any car for that matter) you don't expect to have to take the car in one time for warranty work, let alone seven times, in seven months.

S
Old 10-03-2004, 08:08 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I had good results writing to Richard Colliver, Exec VP of Acura and American Honda, I faxed it to 310-783-3900.

Just write a letter that is not full of emotion, to the point and what the issues are.

Do not state what a crappy car it is, instead indicate what specifically you would like fixed.

Good luck!
Old 10-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 92NSX
It is a true shame that they aren't more responsive in some fashion. Bet you Lexus people aren't that way.

Please write to the president of Lexus and post the response - I am holding my breath.