Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Dilemma Between my TL and a G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by clay8898
Shit, If I was 19 and could afford a car like that, I wouldn't think twice. 19 single whats to think about? Get the G35 coup, drive the hell out of it while your young and then when you settle down and start a family get something more practical. Man, if I didn't have the two little ones I'd be all over that bad boy.
No doubt.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rets
No doubt.
haha but the infiniti forum is so much worse than acurazine Too bad for me i guess
Old 05-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are only two things I don't like about the G35 Coupe, the ugly grill and the ugly dash.

I was in the same situation as you. The G35 sure is more fun to drive and it looks pretty cool (from the rear and side), but I've always been partial to technology and the TL has all sorts of cool features. Not to mention the benefit of being 4 doors (the G35 sedan doesn't look too great).

If you buy the TL, add the body kit, tint the windows... you'd be amazed at how beautiful it can be.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Lokius
haha but the infiniti forum is so much worse than acurazine Too bad for me i guess
Maybe soopa is willing to create the skyline secret sub-forum under the Racing and Competition Forum for you?
Old 05-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

The TLs interior is superior to most cars on the road, no matted the price. I wish the TL had SHAWD, or at least some form of AWD, which would require more ponies too, in NE That is very important(I live on a hill).
Old 05-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Team Nighthawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend ended up purchasing the G35 coupe couple months ago after debating between the TL and the G35. He loves his car and so do I. Great handling, power and performance. Simple layout inside the cabin. TL has a lot of toys to play with. I debated about both cars too but ended with the TL with NAVI. I just loved the interior. Go for the G35 I am sure you'll be happy. Test drive both and see what you like better.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:55 AM
ediddy

Heres how much an 05 g35 coupe 6 speed costs with all the options that I liked that comes on the TL Standard except for the navi.

Packages and Options

Power Sunroof Incl.

Premium Package $2450

DVD Infiniti Navigation System $2000

Accessories

XM® Satellite Radio $400

Aerodynamic Body Kit (with Spoiler) $1220

Base MSRP $33,350.00

Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $6,070.00

Destination & Handling $610.00

Total Configured MSRP† $40,030.00

Use the payment estimator to calculate an estimated payment for your vehicle.

Estimate your monthly payment
Old 05-28-2005, 03:02 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ediddy
Heres how much an 05 g35 coupe 6 speed costs with all the options that I liked that comes on the TL Standard except for the navi.

Packages and Options

Power Sunroof Incl.

Premium Package $2450

DVD Infiniti Navigation System $2000

Accessories

XM® Satellite Radio $400

Aerodynamic Body Kit (with Spoiler) $1220

Base MSRP $33,350.00

Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $6,070.00

Destination & Handling $610.00

Total Configured MSRP† $40,030.00

Use the payment estimator to calculate an estimated payment for your vehicle.

Estimate your monthly payment
That price figure you have also includes the sport tuned suspension package, which is really closer to the A-Spec kit, then the standard TL. The sport tuned suspension package also comes with 19" forged wheels (made by Rays Engineering aka Volk), which you don't get on the TL.

All that aside, that also isn't necessarily the price you pay for it. I check marked every option on my G35, and it stickered for 39 and some some change. But I still got the car for 35 and some change.

On a more serious note.... What do people think of the points of interest on the TL navi? I'm wondering if Acura just neglected the Pacific NW region. It seems that whenever I go to enter a POI, 90% of the time, it's not in our TL's navi, but is in the G35's navi. My coworker (who also has an 05' TL), even called me while we were on our way to an off-site meeting, and I had to read him the address off my G35's navi, because the Grand Lodge Hotel wasn't in the TL's navi.

Then when we take our wife's 05' TL, we needed the phone number to to call ahead to where we were going. I couldn't find Outback, Sears, Meir & Frank, or Westfield Shopping center in the Navi. I ended up having to pull up Nordstroms, and then calling them for the main mall number, then calling them, to get the number to the individual place. All four of those places however, are in the G35's navi.

Also, are people's Navi systems locking up when they use the touchscreen? Whenever I use the on-screen keyboard to enter something in, it seems to randomly lock up, or take it's sweet old time. I often wind up using the joystick, because I've never had it lock up that way. Which kind of sucks, because the whole point of a touchscreen is to not use the joystick, which happens to be the only interface on the G35.

For the life of us, the Voice recognition also doesn't seem to like my wife's voice.

Am I the only one having these types of problems?

Don't get me wrong, I still love our TL, I just found the Navi irritating at times. Though, we're still glad we got it. I personally just wasn't impressed with all the hype that everyone told me about the Acura navigation being superior to the Infiniti navigation. I do, however, really love how the Acura Navi will still allow you to enter in a destination while in motion I don't know what posessed Infiniti to lockout everything but the address book. (Don't the passengers have hands?)
Old 05-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Racer

I can't tell whether its the POIs that suck, or the database itself. I hate how the same chain has different locations spread across categories and subcategories. I just make it a point to grab the address of wherever I'm going.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:19 AM
Suzuka Master

I can't get over how most cars in its class out do the TL in torque. Even the ES330. The bottem line is the G35c is more of a sports car, and the TL is more of a luxery car. They are both nice, but seeing as my parents wont be doing racing the TL just looks so much better IMO.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
I can't get over how most cars in its class out do the TL in torque. Even the ES330. The bottem line is the G35c is more of a sports car, and the TL is more of a luxery car. They are both nice, but seeing as my parents wont be doing racing the TL just looks so much better IMO.
Well it's obvious that the main source of torque is engine displacement. The TL has the lowest displacement out of all those cars you mentioned.

TL is 3.2L
ES330 is 3.3L
G35 is 3.5L

Obviously the larger engine has more power potential, both in terms of horsepower and torque. If Acura stuck their 3.5L in the TL it would have 300hp. But then it would be stepping on the RL's toes, and the greater torque of the 3.5L would cause Maxima-like torque steer which is worse than the TL's.

Keep in mind that if you read the infiniti boards, people are complaining about hideous and appalling fuel economy. The TL has higher potential for fuel economy, despite what the EPA might say. I don't know what the coefficient of drag is for either car is however. But I do know that the TL's {cd} < G35 sedan {cd}.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Silky Smooth

I do like the 05 G35, and they are planning on moving their bluetooth technology onto the Coupe and other vehicles in 06, but i can't afford to get anything past the 04 model, and I don't think the changes are worth the more $$$ they want for them. Besides I can always get a better deal through a private party.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
G coupes are awesome........... sedan

it looks hot! if u can, black looks great because it contrasts with the brembo gold calipers
Old 05-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Silky Smooth

Originally Posted by avs007
That price figure you have also includes the sport tuned suspension package, which is really closer to the A-Spec kit, then the standard TL. The sport tuned suspension package also comes with 19" forged wheels (made by Rays Engineering aka Volk), which you don't get on the TL.

All that aside, that also isn't necessarily the price you pay for it. I check marked every option on my G35, and it stickered for 39 and some some change. But I still got the car for 35 and some change.

On a more serious note.... What do people think of the points of interest on the TL navi? I'm wondering if Acura just neglected the Pacific NW region. It seems that whenever I go to enter a POI, 90% of the time, it's not in our TL's navi, but is in the G35's navi. My coworker (who also has an 05' TL), even called me while we were on our way to an off-site meeting, and I had to read him the address off my G35's navi, because the Grand Lodge Hotel wasn't in the TL's navi.

Then when we take our wife's 05' TL, we needed the phone number to to call ahead to where we were going. I couldn't find Outback, Sears, Meir & Frank, or Westfield Shopping center in the Navi. I ended up having to pull up Nordstroms, and then calling them for the main mall number, then calling them, to get the number to the individual place. All four of those places however, are in the G35's navi.

Also, are people's Navi systems locking up when they use the touchscreen? Whenever I use the on-screen keyboard to enter something in, it seems to randomly lock up, or take it's sweet old time. I often wind up using the joystick, because I've never had it lock up that way. Which kind of sucks, because the whole point of a touchscreen is to not use the joystick, which happens to be the only interface on the G35.

For the life of us, the Voice recognition also doesn't seem to like my wife's voice.

Don't get me wrong, I still love our TL, I just found the Navi irritating at times. Though, we're still glad we got it. I personally just wasn't impressed with all the hype that everyone told me about the Acura navigation being superior to the Infiniti navigation. I do, however, really love how the Acura Navi will still allow you to enter in a destination while in motion I don't know what posessed Infiniti to lockout everything but the address book. (Don't the passengers have hands?)
I would agree that our navi looks better, and is better designed for functionality, but I too have alot of problems with the POI's and some addresses not being there in Socal, however after owning the TL with navi, I dont think I can have another car without it, so i am really going to try to find a g35 with navi if i can get that lucky.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Any fuel economy is better then the 18 we are averaging in the 200hp taurus. I know more displacement is more power, but my friends saab 9000 aero(turbo, intercooled, but those are stock) puts out 258 torque and has a 2.3L engine. It just seems like they could have done slightly better in the torque department. When flooring this car(and with VSA off) will you get the wheels to spin at all? If so, for how many seconds, any visable smoke?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:04 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by youngTL
I don't know what the coefficient of drag is for either car is however. But I do know that the TL's {cd} < G35 sedan {cd}.
The G35 has the lowest cd in its class at 0.26 with aero kit and 0.27 without. The G35 coupe actually has a higher cd. I believe the TL is 0.29.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Here's an old guys perspective, I'm old, and I want to impress girls with my car. Before I bought my TSX I wanted a G35 Coupe in the worst way. This was back in early 03 when the TSX just came out, G35 was uber hot and no deals anywhere. I bought the TSX and have been happy with it. My lease is up in a year, and now I'm car shopping again. The G35 Coupe is still enticing me, as well as the TL. The wrench that got thrown in the works is the new BMW 330I. I absolutely love this car, with the sports package it's badass. If you haven't seen one in person, please don't rag on it. It's a beautiful car, and in September is available with a SMG transmission. I'm in a total quandry now as to what I want. Rest assured the women will like it though.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:53 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by swami
Here's an old guys perspective, I'm old, and I want to impress girls with my car. Before I bought my TSX I wanted a G35 Coupe in the worst way. This was back in early 03 when the TSX just came out, G35 was uber hot and no deals anywhere. I bought the TSX and have been happy with it. My lease is up in a year, and now I'm car shopping again. The G35 Coupe is still enticing me, as well as the TL. The wrench that got thrown in the works is the new BMW 330I. I absolutely love this car, with the sports package it's badass. If you haven't seen one in person, please don't rag on it. It's a beautiful car, and in September is available with a SMG transmission. I'm in a total quandry now as to what I want. Rest assured the women will like it though.
I have seen it in person and up close and its uber ugly. I don't like any of the new designs from BMW. The E46 is much better looking. The TL is a very pretty car and I turn my head whenever I see one. Its the best looking sedan in its class.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Whatever dude...That's why there are so many different cars. I like it, you don't, buy a TL.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:30 AM
the ish of the crash

Originally Posted by EZZ
I have seen it in person and up close and its uber ugly. I don't like any of the new designs from BMW. The E46 is much better looking. The TL is a very pretty car and I turn my head whenever I see one. Its the best looking sedan in its class.
I agree. BMW, much like Mercedes, is killing their cars. Designs have all gone to crap. Previous gen 7, 5, and 3 were all incredibly beautiful. As always, though, it is a matter of taste. I must say, though, I think the 6 is the hotness.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:35 AM
the ish of the crash

I've had essentially no problems in SoCal, Vegas, or the Bay Area. There was one point on some obscure highway, somewhere between Vegas and Sacrament, where the nav system was confused as to where we were in relation to the actual road, but seeing as how there was no other paved surface for as far as the eye could see, that was not a problem. Aside from that, the only place I've been unsuccessful in locating via the nav system is a small sushi place in Tustin. And on the voice recognition side, neither my girlfriend nor I have any trouble.

Old 05-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

remember that the speaker in which u need to speak into is near the sunrook controls.......
Old 05-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Microphone?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:57 PM
G35 Freak

So, did you end up getting the G35 coupe yet????

Mine is up for sale if you are interested!!!

2003 with about 36K miles.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Silky Smooth

Little too many miles, I'm looking for something with around 15k or less.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
G35 Freak

If you are going for less than 15K miles, you are probably going to have to find an '04. I got mine with the first shipment of '03's, so you might find one with 20K or a little less, but they are going to want to ask a pretty penny for it. Good luck with your car, you'll love it. Post some pics when you finally get it!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lokius
Little too many miles, I'm looking for something with around 15k or less.
G35 coupe isn't worth it used. The resale is too damn high. If you only see a $3k savings, I say get the new...its always a risky proposition to buy a used sports car.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
G35 Freak

Originally Posted by EZZ
G35 coupe isn't worth it used. The resale is too damn high. If you only see a $3k savings, I say get the new...its always a risky proposition to buy a used sports car.

Awww, come on, it isn't like I beat on it!!

<-----Avatar

SIG
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Old 06-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G UNIT!! Go wit da G man!!
Old 06-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
So, did you end up getting the G35 coupe yet????

Mine is up for sale if you are interested!!!

2003 with about 36K miles.
you sure you want to post that teaser video and try to sell the car at the same time. looks like you drive the car pretty hard, i don't think i would buy from you if i was in the market for a used G coupe(no offense).
Old 06-01-2005, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

Thumbs up

I owned a 2003 G35 Coupe, A/T, laser red, w/Brembos for about 4 months. Just long enough for my husband to come back from Afghanistan and decide that it was too small for him and wasn't very "family friendly." We traded it for the 2004 TL (this is more "family friendly," but we don't have children). Go for the "G". My TL is nice (well maybe a little more than nice), but the G35 gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Oh, I later found out the real reason for having to trade the "G" for the TL. My husband drove the G to work one day and almost lost control of it, so he figured it was too much power for me to handle. Funny... I never had a problem.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Riu
Im in school now and people drool over my TL. G is nice but not for me.
I'm in school too and the ladies love the TL-S. It has the pimp appeal, I'm telling you that heated leather seats in the winter is CLUTCH. Just my opinion and experience.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LTYA
I owned a 2003 G35 Coupe, A/T, laser red, w/Brembos for about 4 months. Just long enough for my husband to come back from Afghanistan and decide that it was too small for him and wasn't very "family friendly." We traded it for the 2004 TL (this is more "family friendly," but we don't have children). Go for the "G". My TL is nice (well maybe a little more than nice), but the G35 gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Oh, I later found out the real reason for having to trade the "G" for the TL. My husband drove the G to work one day and almost lost control of it, so he figured it was too much power for me to handle. Funny... I never had a problem.
i don't think the Auto G came with brembos.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by swami
New 330 exterior is OK; however, dash is so plain. I like the current model interior much more.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Racer

Last April, I traded in my 2002 nighthawk black TL-P for an 04 G35 Coupe 6mt. When I bought the car...I loved it...the styling, the power, the RWD... everything that 95% of the people on this TL! message board talk up and rave about so much. So... I decided hey, why the hell not, and went for it. I was 25 years old and had nothing to lose.
So i traded in the Ac, brought home the G, raced it around, showed it off, got brand new NISMO LMGT4 rims...etc..etc and was happier than a pig in crapola.

So after a month of showing it off and racing around, I started to notice this really faint squeaking noise when I would drive with the windows rolled down. The weird thing was, it would get louder and louder the faster I went. At first, I wasn't sure what it was. I tried playing around with the breaks, and noticed, hey, the noise stops when I press on the breaks, and starts when I step on the accellarator...thats kinda backwards. I brought it to the dealer, had him check them out and he said, oh, they are performance brakes, they are supposed to do that for the first 1,000 miles or so...it'll stop. So, slightly perturbed and a bit disappointed, I went on my way. I went home, did some research on the G35 message boards, and reassuringly, I noticed I wasn't the only on with this problem. They said a good way to fix it is to compact the breaks by going to an empty lot, getting the car up to about 65 mph and then slamming the breaks in order to wear away some of the excess pad. So I went to the park, pulled into the lot and tried it out. After about 10 minutes of doing this, the only thing I was accomplishing was getting my wheels really really dirty from the excess brake dust flying from the pads (and believe me, those brakes get those wheels DIRTY). No luck...so I took the shop guys advice and I decided to give it the 1000 miles.

As I patiently waited for that 1000 mile mark to arrive, one day, driving home from work on I95, there was a sudden merge of traffic to the middle lane from the left (where I was, of course) and I had to pass up a truck to get over.
I decide to down shift to 3rd gear in order to cleanly pass the semis in themiddle lane. I pop the clutch, and move the shifter from 5th to 3rd, but to my surprise the shifter refused to go into gear. After a couple of seconds of panic and disbelief, I slam the shifter back into 5th and step on the gas to pass him.
Absolutely befuddled, I pull off the next exit. I start playing around with the gears again and noticed that the shifter would not move into 3rd gear, until I first put it first in 4th, then up to 3rd.

That was the beginning of the end.

From that point forward, it would be a guessing game (especially in the lower gears) whether or not the shifter would slide right into place like butter (as it sometimes did) OR need to be massaged into the correct gear by throwing it through random gears in the shift gate before hand. So, as most people would assume as I did, this is crap...there must be something wrong with the syncro mesh. So I drove my squeaky, dusty and shifter sticky G35 to 3 different Infiniti dealerships between Queens, the Bronx and Long Island and noone could find a problem with the gear box. They said the syncro mesh was fine - it just "gets that way some times". I said BULLSH**.
I complained and complained to all levels of shop workers at Infiniti and their managers but noone could help me.

To make a long story short, my 1000 miles came and went and the brakes still squeaked, my shifter kept sticking and these really random rattles in the glove compartment and the passenger seat kept getting louder and louder. So i decided, it was time to go back to the promise land and in February of this year I traded the G 35 in for a 2005 TL w/Nav.

I couldn't be happier.

Hope this story helps in your decision making.

RGDS

MRC
Old 06-01-2005, 11:59 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bronx02tl
Last April, I traded in my 2002 nighthawk black TL-P for an 04 G35 Coupe 6mt. When I bought the car...I loved it...the styling, the power, the RWD... everything that 95% of the people on this TL! message board talk up and rave about so much. So... I decided hey, why the hell not, and went for it. I was 25 years old and had nothing to lose.
So i traded in the Ac, brought home the G, raced it around, showed it off, got brand new NISMO LMGT4 rims...etc..etc and was happier than a pig in crapola.

So after a month of showing it off and racing around, I started to notice this really faint squeaking noise when I would drive with the windows rolled down. The weird thing was, it would get louder and louder the faster I went. At first, I wasn't sure what it was. I tried playing around with the breaks, and noticed, hey, the noise stops when I press on the breaks, and starts when I step on the accellarator...thats kinda backwards. I brought it to the dealer, had him check them out and he said, oh, they are performance brakes, they are supposed to do that for the first 1,000 miles or so...it'll stop. So, slightly perturbed and a bit disappointed, I went on my way. I went home, did some research on the G35 message boards, and reassuringly, I noticed I wasn't the only on with this problem. They said a good way to fix it is to compact the breaks by going to an empty lot, getting the car up to about 65 mph and then slamming the breaks in order to wear away some of the excess pad. So I went to the park, pulled into the lot and tried it out. After about 10 minutes of doing this, the only thing I was accomplishing was getting my wheels really really dirty from the excess brake dust flying from the pads (and believe me, those brakes get those wheels DIRTY). No luck...so I took the shop guys advice and I decided to give it the 1000 miles.

As I patiently waited for that 1000 mile mark to arrive, one day, driving home from work on I95, there was a sudden merge of traffic to the middle lane from the left (where I was, of course) and I had to pass up a truck to get over.
I decide to down shift to 3rd gear in order to cleanly pass the semis in themiddle lane. I pop the clutch, and move the shifter from 5th to 3rd, but to my surprise the shifter refused to go into gear. After a couple of seconds of panic and disbelief, I slam the shifter back into 5th and step on the gas to pass him.
Absolutely befuddled, I pull off the next exit. I start playing around with the gears again and noticed that the shifter would not move into 3rd gear, until I first put it first in 4th, then up to 3rd.

That was the beginning of the end.

From that point forward, it would be a guessing game (especially in the lower gears) whether or not the shifter would slide right into place like butter (as it sometimes did) OR need to be massaged into the correct gear by throwing it through random gears in the shift gate before hand. So, as most people would assume as I did, this is crap...there must be something wrong with the syncro mesh. So I drove my squeaky, dusty and shifter sticky G35 to 3 different Infiniti dealerships between Queens, the Bronx and Long Island and noone could find a problem with the gear box. They said the syncro mesh was fine - it just "gets that way some times". I said BULLSH**.
I complained and complained to all levels of shop workers at Infiniti and their managers but noone could help me.

To make a long story short, my 1000 miles came and went and the brakes still squeaked, my shifter kept sticking and these really random rattles in the glove compartment and the passenger seat kept getting louder and louder. So i decided, it was time to go back to the promise land and in February of this year I traded the G 35 in for a 2005 TL w/Nav.

I couldn't be happier.

Hope this story helps in your decision making.

RGDS

MRC
Yeah...they've had some trouble with the older syncros. The new ones are better. I'm sorry they put you through all that crap. When I first got my G, it had a slight pull to the right and there was wind noise. Got both taken care of in the first month and has been the model of perfection ever since. BTW, I'm pretty hard on this car and it has been absolutely the best car, however, it is very impractical. I'm seriously considering a TL for my wife's car so that I can get a luxury cruiser when I want.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, Infiniti redesigned the syncros on the 05' 6MT. At least that's what I heard. I have a 5AT so I don't know. I guess you can't win em' all... I have some stories about the piece of crap tranny that was in the 03 TL-P we traded in tho
Old 06-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Racer

i went through the tranny gig with my 02 TL - hence my motivation for trading it in for the G
Old 06-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Safety Car

If it makes you feel any better, Infiniti redesigned the syncros on the 05' 6MT. At least that's what I heard. I have a 5AT so I don't know. I guess you can't win em' all... I have some stories about the piece of crap tranny that was in the 03 TL-P we traded in tho
too bad no more brembos in the 6MT G coupe.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:44 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by hokietl
New 330 exterior is OK; however, dash is so plain. I like the current model interior much more.
Absolutely agree. For the longest time, the G35 interior was a little ghetto. They finally spruced it up for 2005. It still isn't as good as some have made it out to be, but at least it's respectable for a car of that price. In contrast, the previous gen 3-series was excellent, but the new 3-series has taken 2 steps back. It's like they were trying to outdo Infiniti when it came to performance and interior cheapness.

I know styling is always subjective, but most people would say that the older G35 and the new 3-series interior is not nearly as nice as the TL.

Quick Reply: My Dilemma Between my TL and a G35 Coupe