Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A chiropractic doctor can help you.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Steven
You're baiting me aren't you! Go ahead, make my day! Visit your chiropractor he did have a c-minus average in college! But, he can read x rays, sell you vitamins and reduce "subluxations" go for it! I strongly recommended make sure they reduce your cervical spine correctly so we can Darwin you out of the gene pool!:p
Old 03-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Racer

Yep, he can help you lighten your wallet so there's less strain on your back. And getting a backrub always feels good.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by JohnDoe2
Yep, he can help you lighten your wallet so there's less strain on your back. And getting a backrub always feels good.
Wait. Let me guess. You did your medical residency at the world's most famous hospital too.
By the way, the facts are chiropractic is safer, more cost effective, and has documented better outcomes for back pain than medical care.
But we're not dealing with facts here, just uninformed prejudice and whose pippi is bigger. God Bless.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Racer

Wait. Let me guess. You are a chiropractor.

If you want to bilk niave people out of their money, fine.
But why get so defensive and personal about it?

Or, are you the one getting bilked and don't want to admit it. Do you like the attention you get from a chiropractor? Didn't you mother give you enough attention as a child? Or did your father abuse you and that's why you are worried about the size of your "pippi"
Old 03-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by JohnDoe2
Wait. Let me guess. You are a chiropractor.

Wow. Guess again, or read the previous posts.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Banned

No he's the rocket scientist that designed the shuttle's external tank foam insulation! Now he's into medical advice! Beware of plasma manipulations through your carbon fiber skin!
Old 03-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Instructor

I know this won't change anyone's opinion on this subject, but Steven is correct. A number of reputable studies have shown that chiropractic care is the safest, most economical and most effective mode of treatment for mechanical lower back pain. This means that while your medical doctor is helpful for most of what ails ya, when trying to manage lower back pain, he will take more money from you (by a considerable amount), help you less, and possibly hurt you given the side effects associated with NSAID's. These are just facts borne out by independent studies. Like I said, I'm sure everyone will hold on to their previous opinions, but those opinions should at least be informed by facts.

I think the TL's seats are great. They got the MAD adjustments in every direction including the power lumbar. I'd keep making changes before I did anything else. Also, have you tilted/telescoped the wheel?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by finishline
I know this won't change anyone's opinion on this subject, but Steven is correct. A number of reputable studies have shown that chiropractic care is the safest, most economical and most effective mode of treatment for mechanical lower back pain. This means that while your medical doctor is helpful for most of what ails ya, when trying to manage lower back pain, he will take more money from you (by a considerable amount), help you less, and possibly hurt you given the side effects associated with NSAID's. These are just facts borne out by independent studies. Like I said, I'm sure everyone will hold on to their previous opinions, but those opinions should at least be informed by facts.

I think the TL's seats are great. They got the MAD adjustments in every direction including the power lumbar. I'd keep making changes before I did anything else. Also, have you tilted/telescoped the wheel?
My guess these are studies in good house keeping and red book.
Studies in medical journals simply point out that medical interventions in regular non complicated back pain are of little value whether manipulation is involved or not. In a medical situation where placebos can be as effective as treatment any snake oil peddler can say whatever they want since nothing works and the condition has a high degree of psychosomatism.
Chiropractors like phrenologist, naturopaths and other healthcare pseudoexperts base their claims on flimflam science that never bears out under scrutiny. No, doctors dont have a lot of the answers but at least they usually have the best interest of the patient at hand and evidence based science. Not BS from mediocre individuals whore just trying to pass you a mickey. If massages make your back pain feel better go to a physiotherapist at least he wont try to cure your macular degeneration or diabetes by straightening out your back. In a society that doesn't understand that death is a natural part of life and that there isn't such a thing as 100% satisfaction and that no one has the ultimate truth people will always play some SOB's fool.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by vtechbrain
My guess these are studies in good house keeping and red book.
Well why don't you just look up the scientific research and find out for yourself and report back to us. If you really are an MD, your comments are truly an embarassment to your profession (with one f and two ss). My guess is you wouldn't know how to do a credible medical literature search even if your life depended on it.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Banned

Well why don't you just look up the scientific research and find out and report back to us. If you are an MD, you are truly an embarassment to your profession....with one f and two ss.
You are a professional idiot aren't you mon bete amis? Or should I just term you schissekopf or better yet querido imbecil? Since your spelling is so compelling do you want a little job as spellchecker? It appears that is the only endeavor you seem adept in! Since everything else emanating from your mind is entirely irrelevant!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Advanced

Thank you for your confirmation of my suspicion.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Banned

That your an idiot, we knew it all the time!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by vtechbrain
That your an idiot, we knew it all the time!
Folks, I believe this man is a psychopath. Final answer.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Banned

No, a psychopath is an individual that lacks remorse. I have plenty of that, I'm just a relenteless chaser of idiocy and you have proven to be one of the apostles of ignorance. Like any good inquisitor I feel morally obliged to expose your erroneous pronouncements. You just f*cked with the wrong guy!!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Advanced

Ok. Whatever you say.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Banned

Smile

Ok. Whatever you say.
I'm glad you see it that way.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Advanced

I believe this forum would be so much better if participants would cite facts, and have integrity, rather than post bigotted and unsubstantiated remarks.

And I am not afraid to reiterate, that vtechbrain and others, in my opinion, fall far below this standard based upon their previous posts. For those of you who would like to preserve and restore integrity to this forum, I encourage you to respond. Thank you.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:22 PM
10th Gear

You guys are no help. I realy do not care who has the most IQ.
What I need is if anyone experienced hip pain after driving this car and if there is a solution for this other than getting rid of the car. thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by endale
You guys are no help. I realy do not care who has the most IQ.
What I need is if anyone experienced hip pain after driving this car and if there is a solution for this other than getting rid of the car. thanks
With all due respect sir, based on your question and replies to your post, it is evident that you are the only one who has experienced hip pain based on the respondents to your inquiry in this thread. The seats in the TL are among the best in the automotive industry. The solution is not getting rid of the car. I believe it is likely that you will have hip pain in any car you try. For the type of problem you have iterated, chiropractic is the safest, most cost effective and most likely type of treatment to resolve your problem in the shortest amount of time. No one else here has said that they experienced hip pain after driving the TL. I hope this helps and that your problem is resolved in a most efficacious manner.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:45 AM
Instructor

Like I said, I knew the information wouldn't change anyone's opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. However, vtech supposing that these studies are from "Good Housekeeping or Redbook" is wrong. These studies I mentioned were published in reputable journals respected in medical research and subject to stringent standards for approval. I can send you the citations if you are interested.

endale,
You didn't say. Do you feel like you've exhausted all the seat position adjustments? I don't see anything significantly different in these seats from other vehicles I've owned. If you can't find a comfortable position with all the levels of adjustment these seats allow, including possibly tilting or telescoping the wheel and then adjusting the seat, I think you should have the doctor of your choice check your hip.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up I figured out a fix for me

There are a lot of stupid responses in this thread, but since nobody else has a reasonable response I will take a shot.

I had terrible lower back pain when I first started driving my TL. It took only about 5 minutes to get uncomfortable, and got worse the longer I drove. I have always had problems with chairs hurting my back and have a lot of trouble getting the 8-way car seats to be comfortable.

My “fix” was to sit in other cars that I found to be comfortable paying close attention to
the angle of my back as compared to my legs and the amount my knees were bent. I actually parked two cars side by side and went back and forth until I thought they felt exactly the same.

This completely solved my problem with back pain. Now I just worry about losing the memory setting.

Good Luck
Old 03-04-2004, 09:24 AM
10th Gear

chiropracters are quacks!!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Racer

Finally, an intelligent, and concise, response.
Old 03-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Banned

I thought this thread was finally dead. Lets all raise our voice in unison to kill this senseless post!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Advanced

I am an honest person.

JohnDoe2 and vtechbrain, however, are the same person using 2 different computers.

For all users of this forum, please be careful and understand that, based on these posts, a small minority of posters on this forum may be representing themselves fraudulently.

Please beware, this person (people), although technicallly knowlegdable about cars, represents himself dishonestly and is compulsively obsessed with this forum.

On another note, Endale, I wish you the best in resolving your problem. I suggest you might find better advice by consulting a credible medical forum for the question you posed. Best regards.

And vtechbrain, if you think I ain't goin' to the finish with this buddy, just keep pushin'. I hope that in the forum's best interest and your own best interest, that you'll quit while your ahead.