3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inland Empire TLers: Interested in clear bra??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Inland Empire TLers: Interested in clear bra??

Guys and gals,

Premier Mobile Group (premiermobilegroup.com) is a very reputable clear bra installer, based in Bay Area. They are having a tour to Southern California between July 25-30.

They have established quite a reputation and have been installing clear bra on a good number of exotics like Enzos, Murcielagos, etc. They also specialize in custom wrapping. They have entirely wrapped a number of Enzos and other cars too.

I'm reserving 2 spots for my TL and my Accord during their Socal tour next month. They will do the install in my home garage in Chino Hills, CA.

Here is the thing: they offer 10% discount for all vehicles if I can have another car (3 in total) at the same time in my place. They quoted me $790 for the TL, so 10% off that is $711. I'm looking to get a 3rd car so both of us can benefit from the 10% discount.

Note: I'm not making any profit or anything. I'm not even collecting any money from you. You pay Premier directly, not through me, after they have completed the job. However, I need some sort of confirmation which can be discussed privately.

Like I said, they do EXCELLENT jobs. I have seen some clear bra installers in Socal, and I'm not too thrilled with their install quality.

A member here, RG129, just had them install clear bra on an 06 AM TL. See the results for yourself. He has been so kind to post close up pics of the install.
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/240sx-good-fun-139054/

Premier has also been praised for their quality work in forums like ferrarichat.com, mbworld.org, m5board.com, elisetalk.com, and so on.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at h7479gh at hotmail dot com.

Mods, if you think this post is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
While I'm thinking about what to do with this, maybe someone will see it and take adavantage of your offer.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thank you, Ron A.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Sec's Expert

Originally Posted by 260 HP
Guys and gals,

Premier Mobile Group (premiermobilegroup.com) is a very reputable clear bra installer, based in Bay Area. They are having a tour to Southern California between July 25-30.

They have established quite a reputation and have been installing clear bra on a good number of exotics like Enzos, Murcielagos, etc. They also specialize in custom wrapping. They have entirely wrapped a number of Enzos and other cars too.

I'm reserving 2 spots for my TL and my Accord during their Socal tour next month. They will do the install in my home garage in Chino Hills, CA.

Here is the thing: they offer 10% discount for all vehicles if I can have another car (3 in total) at the same time in my place. They quoted me $790 for the TL, so 10% off that is $711. I'm looking to get a 3rd car so both of us can benefit from the 10% discount.

Note: I'm not making any profit or anything. I'm not even collecting any money from you. You pay Premier directly, not through me, after they have completed the job. However, I need some sort of confirmation which can be discussed privately.

Like I said, they do EXCELLENT jobs. I have seen some clear bra installers in Socal, and I'm not too thrilled with their install quality.

A member here, RG129, just had them install clear bra on an 06 AM TL. See the results for yourself. He has been so kind to post close up pics of the install.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139054

Premier has also been praised for their quality work in forums like ferrarichat.com, mbworld.org, m5board.com, elisetalk.com, and so on.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at h7479gh at hotmail dot com.

Mods, if you think this post is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

So while I am interested. That pricing seems extremely spendy. Is their quality really that good?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

It's about $100-200 more than what a lot of installers in Socal charge.

Star Shield in Irwindale quoted me $378 for the kit, plus tax, and $225 installation. They use 3M which is pretty good. Their kit only covers about 16" of the hood part and they don't tuck around the hood edges. Their install quality IMO is just OK, not outstanding.

I also went to Aero Tect in La Verne. They quoted me $570.11 after 10% discount because I was going to bring in 2 cars. It means their regular price is $634. They also use 3M. Some Club Lexus members have had their cars taken care of by Aero Tect and most of them praise the work. However, when I was there, I saw a black PT Cruiser and I saw some stretch marks and peels on several spots.

While I understand that clear bra installation is trickier than window tinting. But I'd rather go bra-less if the installation is not 99% perfect.

Check out RG129's install in that thread in the original post. He has very good close up pics that show you where the cuts are, etc.

BTW, Premier's offer is valid for ANY car, not just TL.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've been considering getting this done, but haven't looked too much into it...
RS129's clearbra job looks great, but he says he paid $690. so are they doing more? maybe farther around the fenders and the wheel wells? or is that going to cost more for a custom fit?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

I asked Sam of Premier the exact same thing, why $100 more? I quote his email:

"Our pricing structure is different when we are traveling as our
expenses are much higher when out-of town (hotel, travel, etc.) vs.
pricing for local customers."

RG129 went to his shop in Fremont, so that's why he paid $100 less.

Sam quoted me $190 extra if I wanted to go with custom bumper work.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Advanced

are they going to do custom work for the a-spec kit? or do they have precut for that as well? i'm considering getting tint also, are they able to do that at same time and will it lower the price any?
also, i may have another car, any discount for 4 cars?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

To my knowledge, they have the precut kit for the A-spec spoiler.

I'm not sure if they can give you a bundle price for tinting and your additional car. If you are really interested, I'll email Premier again tonight. What's your other car?
Old 06-26-2006, 07:01 PM
7th Gear

260 HP:
Mabe we can join forces here. I spoke with Sam and he said he can give a discounst if I am able to get another person in the IE area. I must confess, I live in the IE (Rancho Cucamogna) but do not have an Acura. Non the less, I would like for him to come by afterwards or during the job at your place. If its okay with you, I will have to confirm prices and discounts so let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

SoCalZ71, I'm actually having second thoughts about clear bra and Premier.

From what I've read and heard from a few installers, Premier indeed does excellent job. However, Venture Tape film that they use, while it is very strong and very puncture proof, requires constant maintenance, ie weekly wash and biweekly (or monthly at the worst) wax.

Because Venture doesn't have a clear coat, it is very stretchable and very flexible. It can be stretched without showing stretch marks. It's also very clear and natural. Because of the lack of clear coat, it doesn't add "shininess" to the paint. However, because of the lack of clear coat, it needs that regular maintenance. Otherwise, it will lose its luster and become dull very quickly.

3M on the other way, has a clear coat. It doesn't need regular maintenance, can be buffed out, clayed, etc, just like regular paint. However, because it has clear coat, it is also stiffer and more difficult to stretch. It also adds more shine to the paint, because of the clear coat.

3M also has a film line for aeroplanes. This film is very very clear, very strong and more puncture proof, and very stretchable. But it also doesn't have clear coat on, so regular maintenance is required to keep its good appearance. It's also more expensive.

I'm still thinking about this. By the way, how many of your cars are going to be done by Premier?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 PM
7th Gear

260HP:
I can respect your decision. There are a lot of people out there with their judgements based on thier experiences and rightly so. For my car, I just feel that spending a little extra with the overwhelmingpositive feedback Premier gets seems to draw me to believe that they sell and install qulaity. Even if Venture does not have a clear coat, having the film more optically clearer w/o the orange-peel look is worth the extra work to maintain.

I am only getting on car done but its going to be full fenders, custom bumper and hopefully full hood (depending on how wide their film is, currently 48" so it will be a few inches from the top) I can live with that. If you get your done before thier visit let me know what your thoughts are. I would really like to find someone local in case there is any work that needs to be done but I had a TERRIBLE experience with one company and decided that I will pay a little more.

Let me know what you decide and who you evetually went with if not Premier.
Thanks.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147561
Old 06-27-2006, 04:35 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 260 HP
SoCalZ71, I'm actually having second thoughts about clear bra and Premier.

From what I've read and heard from a few installers, Premier indeed does excellent job. However, Venture Tape film that they use, while it is very strong and very puncture proof, requires constant maintenance, ie weekly wash and biweekly (or monthly at the worst) wax.

Because Venture doesn't have a clear coat, it is very stretchable and very flexible. It can be stretched without showing stretch marks. It's also very clear and natural. Because of the lack of clear coat, it doesn't add "shininess" to the paint. However, because of the lack of clear coat, it needs that regular maintenance. Otherwise, it will lose its luster and become dull very quickly.

3M on the other way, has a clear coat. It doesn't need regular maintenance, can be buffed out, clayed, etc, just like regular paint. However, because it has clear coat, it is also stiffer and more difficult to stretch. It also adds more shine to the paint, because of the clear coat.

3M also has a film line for aeroplanes. This film is very very clear, very strong and more puncture proof, and very stretchable. But it also doesn't have clear coat on, so regular maintenance is required to keep its good appearance. It's also more expensive.

I'm still thinking about this. By the way, how many of your cars are going to be done by Premier?

I'm usually just lurking around here and found out about Premier a while ago. Before them, I had the dealer sell me on Cleararmor or armour.....and it was complete garbage. They shielded my front nose, and it literally looked like my car had leprosy. They also said that 3m had a clearcoat that protects it from everyday usage, but there were some lines and creases that the installer called "stretch marks" and it would go away in about a month. Hah, not. They were still there for the next 3 months before I had Premier redo it for me. I was able to get a refund from Acura Sunnyvale and put the money to having it done by Premiere.

I just recently had my wife's RL done by them too and I could barely tell....yep an Acura guy all the way!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:37 PM
10th Gear

By the way, I personally would have rather gone through the dealership so that I could add it to the financing, but it really wasn't worth it so I paid it up front with Premiere
Old 06-27-2006, 07:18 PM
7th Gear

I've had the kits installed on my Saleen Cobra Speedster & my wife's Land Rover, the Saleen was done 6 years ago and the LR 3 years ago both by Star Shield. I've had numerous friends use Star Shield with no problems that I'm aware of. They have always used 3M products.

Tim
Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by PaperFlames
I've had the kits installed on my Saleen Cobra Speedster & my wife's Land Rover, the Saleen was done 6 years ago and the LR 3 years ago both by Star Shield. I've had numerous friends use Star Shield with no problems that I'm aware of. They have always used 3M products.

Tim
Good lord no. Did anyone see them at the last LA Auto show?! It was horrible and everyone around me saw eye to eye on it! It was a good few pieces on the bumper that didn't even line up correctly. Whatever you guys do, take a look at the work in person.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
7th Gear

Thanks all for your input. My experience is this: I spoke with someone who was supposedly from a very good company, spoke to him at least 5 to 7 times, he emailed me pics of his work and I streesed that I did not want to see any seams and wanted a custom cut front. Again stressing not wanting to see any seams, he assured me that I would not and I would be very happy with his work considering he was trained and Premier had approached his compnay to take over the west coast, with that I thought it was going to be fine. During his install he came with pre-cuts and began to apply them to my car and explained to me that his precuts are cut longer to wrap under the hood, fenders and bumpers, etc. While he was installing it, there were 1/4" to 1/2" around my kidney grills, no notching around my headlight cleaner nozzle and a visible cut below the hood. After looking at this, I told him to stop and take it off.

Like everyone has mentioned, take a look at their work and their reputation. Unfortunatly, I did not as thouroughly and I should have. With Premire, i have not seen their work, but based on their reputation and overall postive feedback not only from this and many other forums, I chose to have them do the work, however more expensive, this car is a keeper so I think it will be worth while. If I have the same issues with Premier or anyone, I would not hesitate to have them stop and ask them to leave. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so well have to wait unitl July and see.

Thanks again.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:30 PM
10th Gear

I guess I'll give my , especially since it's my install being referenced.

I did my research and found all the same things mentioned here. There are several variables which are all subjective when it comes to choosing a film and installer and in a way, they're all related.

If you're going to get a precut kit, there's going to be seams. It all depends on how nit-picky you are at staring at your hood and bumper to see if you find a seam. The seam will only be obvious at certain angles, and the amount of time anybody will be staring at your car at that angle will be minimal. If you want a seamless install...you're going to have to find a custom installer (which Premier does).

Now the film. Your only real trade-off is clarity or clearcoat, which I still think is fairly debatable. Even if 3M has a clearcoat, it's a urethane film, and it needs to be maintained. Even with a clearcoat, if bird crap stays on the bra long enough, it's going to etch. With either film, when your car is dirty, both films will show more. Now with maintaining the film, Sam told me that he has a few customers who use Zaino, and they're zaino'ing their bras up with no problem. So in theory, the zaino should give the bra some fairly good protection and the bra shouldn't lose it's shine. And I've read the stuff with VentureShield getting cloudy, and that made me semi-worried, but VentureShield has a lifetime warranty, and Premier doesn't seem like it's going anywhere soon so I figure if the bra ends up looking like crap later down the line, it's covered by the lifetime warranty.

Now I think the install quality is one of the more important variables. If you're going with precut, you have to make sure your installer does it right so that it doesn't hang over any edges where dirt can get trapped and eventually cause the film to peel off. If you're going with custom, you have to make sure your installer does it perfectly, with no stretch marks, cut marks or seams showing.

I decided to go with Premier based on their install quality alone. I was worried about VentureShield going cloudy, but the warranty should cover that. I also decided not to worry too much because if there's an Enzo that's completely wrapped in the stuff, then my TL shouldn't be complaining.

SoCalZ71, I'm assuming that you're getting your clear bra done on that BMW that you linked above. And you also said that you want custom everything. If that's the case, then I'm pretty sure you'll be extremely satisfied with their custom quality. They're going to remove your grills and even your emblem to make sure there's no seams; now that's impressive!

I guess you just have to find what's most important for your clear bra needs and find an installer that will meet them. Hope I helped and didn't ramble on too much.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:17 AM
7th Gear

Thanks fo the insight RG, your assessment is correct and that was my decision process as well. Funny you mentioned the fact that they remove the grills and emblem. I questioend anotehr company and asked if they remove anything ans they said no, however, it was going to be seamless. Go figure.
Thanks
Old 06-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

SoCalZ71, sweet BMW you have there.

I'm still doing a lot of reading and talking to clear bra installers and customers. At this point though, I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. I'll PM you with some questions about the detail that you and Premier have discussed in the next few days.

The reasoning is simple, 91 freeway is very dirty because of those gravel trucks. I got 2 rock chips on my Accord (1 on the bumper, 1 on the windshield) on its way home from the dealership (Norm Reeves Cerritos). The more I think about this, the more I want clear bra.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:05 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by doodling
Good lord no. Did anyone see them at the last LA Auto show?! It was horrible and everyone around me saw eye to eye on it! It was a good few pieces on the bumper that didn't even line up correctly. Whatever you guys do, take a look at the work in person.
Sorry I did not go to the LA Auto Show this year, so to answer your question no. I've known the two owners for many years, and the job done on my Saleen was a custom cut. The Land Rover was a pre-cut kit with extra custom work, that was three years ago and it still looks great. But, I must note I have not done, nor have any of my friends done work with them in the last year.....

Tim
Old 06-29-2006, 06:14 PM
7th Gear

Doodling, the guy who came to my house had it done on his front end and it did not look good. I asked about it and he said he used it as a sample of their competitor, should have known. I knoew it was BS but....
Paper, it sounds like your happy with the work on your LR3 that was done three years ago? Just wondering of it was the same LR3 becuase it was released on 2005. Just wondering.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:57 AM
10th Gear

Sorry I did not go to the LA Auto Show this year, so to answer your question no. I've known the two owners for many years, and the job done on my Saleen was a custom cut. The Land Rover was a pre-cut kit with extra custom work, that was three years ago and it still looks great. But, I must note I have not done, nor have any of my friends done work with them in the last year.....

Tim
I didn't mean to offend, if I did, since you know the owners of Starshield. It's just that when it comes to these things, I'm picky as hell and it really didn't impress me when I saw what they had on their display car.

Socalz71, it does sound like that company's a bit shady telling you one thing and start doing something else.

I could have pictures of my wife's RL done a week ago. I'm not too savvy when it comes to these things, so anyone can show me how to upload pictures here? I also sneaked in a picture of a Ferrari when I was about to leave there.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:51 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by SoCalZ71
Doodling, the guy who came to my house had it done on his front end and it did not look good. I asked about it and he said he used it as a sample of their competitor, should have known. I knoew it was BS but....
Paper, it sounds like your happy with the work on your LR3 that was done three years ago? Just wondering of it was the same LR3 becuase it was released on 2005. Just wondering.

Dooding, you assume alot, without knowledge on what you speak, very dangerous. I never said I had a LR3, I stated Land Rover, of which I own two, my wife's is a Freelander and mine is a Range Rover.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:52 PM
10th Gear

Dooding, you assume alot, without knowledge on what you speak, very dangerous. I never said I had a LR3, I stated Land Rover, of which I own two, my wife's is a Freelander and mine is a Range Rover.
Out of curiosity, what type of assumption did I make? I didn't ask you about your LR3, it was SocalZ71. I saw what they were doing on that car @ the LA Auto show and it was just not my cup of tea. Others in the area were thinking the same. One couple even said it openly at their booth.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:47 AM
7th Gear

Sorry for the confusion, I thought LR3 and not LR (Land Rover) 3 years ago.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by doodling
Out of curiosity, what type of assumption did I make? I didn't ask you about your LR3, it was SocalZ71. I saw what they were doing on that car @ the LA Auto show and it was just not my cup of tea. Others in the area were thinking the same. One couple even said it openly at their booth.

Sorry about that...
Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 AM
7th Gear

260 hp I sent you a PM. Maybe you ca round up some other guys. Prices are posted on the link I attached. If you ahve an agreed price I'm sure hell honor that with the discount.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

PM replied, SoCalZ71.

I'll see if I can get more people to join this.