Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit and Run...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Hit and Run...

I really hate Lexus and ppl who drive them cause they are retards!

So here's the story went in to a restaurant to celebrate my girls Bday. my car was parked half a block down and across the street. i made sure that i straighten out my head and butt so that its parallel as close as i can with the curb so no one would hit it. there was only one car in front of me and when i left my car no one was in the space behind me...

After dinner came back out around hour and half later, i see this notebook paper on my windshield and at first i checked out the other car that was parked in front of me and it had nothing on theirs...went to take a look--> exact quote on the paper "your car has been hit by a navy blue/black lexus and here is their liscense plate #...... When confronted with the driver after he smell like alcohole." and witness wrote down his contact info and gave him a call afterwards bout what happend. when i read this i got so pissed i just walked around my car and inspected it...cursed that it was after sunset

Damages that i found from the street lights' help was the driver side, either a big scratch or a scuff mark no sign of dent. the witness said that the lexus was making a u-turn from the other side... for some reason my back bumper has scrachtes on the buttom and my driver side taillight has scracthes and looks liek a crack in the inside of the blinker? i really couldnt see that well with the street lights... but wnet to the local poe-poe station and filed a report..at first the officers was so relaxed and didnt want to be any part of help..jackasses but another officer kindly offered his help and reported it in. then comes insurance call but have to wait for them to call me back for the apraises Tmr. sigh happy and sad and then sad again.

From this learning experience i found that lexus' are gay and i hate them more than ever and found out tht there are still very helpful adn good ppl around the streets that would do such a kind thing or else i wouldve just exploded on teh streets or not even know it till tmr or somethging..im the kind of person who is analed bout their car.. espeically a sexy clean NBP TL that i check out everyday.

sorry for the long story but just wanted to vent out and not hold it in and want to see if other TL drivers have run into this, probably have, and what was the outcome of it? cause this is my first hit and run situation, and i have never gotten into a accident before and my TL is just about a month old.... Thanks guys.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus sedan drivers are usually like 70 years old.

Lexus SUV drivers are usually stupid women driving something their husbands bought for them.

As for Lexus sports...I never see them.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Racer

forgot to add this. back inside the restaurant i got this fortune cookie and it read that

"A cheerful note or letter will be written to you.."

and when i read this i just normally disregarded them but freaken-a what do you know there was that cheerful note on my windshield to help me out..remember boys and girls always read them fortunes!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
pics of damage?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Don't stereotype Lexus drivers just because one hit your car. You can hate the guy, heck you should. But for all you know the good samaritan who left the letter is a lexus driver. Sorry I just really hate stereotypes and generalization.

Sucks for you man, but on the plus side you have a way to get it fixed without paying out of your own pocket. The guy who hit you is gonna get so screwed...
Old 08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Racer

oh he is screwed all right...pics is coming gotta wait till morning for better pics.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
easy tiger, i have lexus! but eh, i couldn't agree with you more...typical
good luck! get that bastard!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:30 PM
Racer

Okay not all lexus drivers but this dude just cannot seem to drive for sh*t
Old 08-31-2009, 11:42 PM
05' AT SSM

Yeah not the car its the driver.

Well thats one hell of a cool person who took the time to get license make/model of the car that hit you. So now at least the cops can follow up on it and take idiots like that off the road. Nice to see good people are still around.

Sorry about your car though, i'd be furious..but at least with that informational note you don't feel that violated.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:53 PM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
ur so lucky! did u give the witness any type of reward??? i would.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jaymon
Lexus sedan drivers are usually like 70 years old.

Lexus SUV drivers are usually stupid women driving something their husbands bought for them.

As for Lexus sports...I never see them.
lmaoo my mom drives a lexus suv that my pops bought her. bro ur gooood loll
Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by wall e
ur so lucky! did u give the witness any type of reward??? i would.
yeah imma get him a a gift card from work ---> Best Buy he might need it since he sounds liek hes in college and for some reason has notebook paper and pen ready
Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 AM
.a BUM with SMG...

some of the points are truth and some are dont. Well some of the Lx drivers like teens and under 40s are stupid, cocky and trying to showing off the new IS or something. I sold my TL 4 months ago, so i have to drive the old avalon to school and take time to find another car. So i came to a stop light next to my school, there was a guy ( asian- viet maybe), he looked at me a eyeballed me and kinda mocking-looking my car. So he floor his IS, me and my friends was like, bitch what ever lol.
There is one thing in life you have to remember, if you rich, there will be some one richer then you. So you IS fker just wait and see what ima get next ^_^
ps. sorry for your car dude, becarefull next time
Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Got The Midas Touch

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dam that sucks I had a hit and run a few months ago too. I was driving to work and as I go over a hill theres a line of cars stopped so I slam on the brakes. The Civic behind me couldn't stop in time so he hit me. As I pull over to get his info, he speeds away so I try to chase him but Im not willing to go into the opposite lane like he was doing where I was at (alot of hills) so I lost him. I filed a report but come to find out theres a shitload of old Civic hatchbacks in the area in the Turquoise color that his was in. So pretty much unless I find someone that knows some information I'm pretty much SOL. It was only paint damage to the lower bumper but it still pisses me off and I keep trying to find the guy that hit me. Be happy that someone got the information down for you and you can get the other person. Its too frustrating that a person runs and you have pretty much nothing.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least some kind person stepped up and did the right thing for you. I would be extremely grateful if a random person was looking out for my car out of their own goodness. I hope your car gets fixed properly and I suggest paying some type of gratitude to the witness for being a good citizen.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:05 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Yeah you're definetely lucky someone was there to write down his plates. I was involved in 4 hit and runs, and I payed the price out of my own pocket over 1k in damages.

I agree with everyone, don't hate on lexus, but the driver. Also I'd appreciate it if you limited your "gay" to express how you feel about drivers.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
I drive a slightly modded SC300 but I do agree that some Lexus drivers are pricks, I actually got banned from the 2IS forums on clublexus because I hurt a few feelings lol.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Racer

GOOD NEWS! insurance contacted me this morning saying since i got his license plate and car make i will get full coverage from them and they will pay for the damages.

yeah def. getting the witness dude a gift card
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
^ congrats. See now your car will be back to normal in a few weeks and everything will be cool.

On a side note, how many of you would chase down a person that did a hit and run number on you? I'd chase only enough to get a plate number and as long as I didn't put anyone in danger.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There's a guy with an IS250 at work. He thinks his car is better than mine but can't provide any justification other than "lexus is better than acura". I explained that my car has more power and more features but he just doesn't get it.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Since they found the other driver, were they charged with hit and run?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by ballerjai
I agree with everyone, don't hate on lexus, but the driver. Also I'd appreciate it if you limited your "gay" to express how you feel about drivers.
Let's just not use the term at all.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Since they found the other driver, were they charged with hit and run?
police contacted me this morning saying the lexus driver came into their dept. and "offer" to write me a personal check for all the damages done and avoid the total insurance BS and points blah blah blah....i was like ahHh NO sorry too late. i dont know what he was charged with.

now i gotta wait till the insurance comp. talks to my witness and hears from him because the claims/appraise guy that took pics said that the driver side door and back bumper is 2 different incidents and have to wait on that sigh..

got more info...the lexus was "trying" to parallel park but hit my door and continue to move back behind me and scratched my bumper as well...according to my witness.