Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Shut My Friend Up ... Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Me Shut My Friend Up ... Please

So, almost a year ago, I got a 2006 Acura TL (with auto and nav). I absolutely love the car—it's my baby. And like any proud parent, when someone speaks ill of my child, it ruffles my feathers.

Late last year, my friend (whom I only see once every couple months, because he lives in Long Island) got a 2006 Lincoln LS. Certainly not a car I'd choose for myself, but it's comfortable to ride in. I'll admit I do like the air-conditioning in the seats.

What's getting a little tiresome is that, since he had a bad experience with an Accord coupe a few years ago (and ended up getting rid of it under the lemon law), he's so anti-everything-Honda, that he's constantly making comparisons between our cars. He'll pipe up with some cool feature on his car, as if challenging me to respond with something even cooler or better about my car.

The problem is that he's a service advisor at a Ford dealership in the Hamptons and I'm a designer at AOL. He's kinda got an unfair advantage in the automotive knowledge department.

So my question is... and I hope you guys can help... is there any kind of comprehensive list of innovative engineering that went into the TL? Some stuff where I can respond to my friend with, "Oh, yeah? Well MY car does this...!" It doesn't even have to be stuff that is necessarily visible to the driver or passenger, since he can appreciate the mechanical stuff too.

As an example, I have a vague notion that the GPS and some little sensor on the dash work together to adjust the A/C flow on hot days, depending on what direction your heading and where the sun's hitting. (Man, I hope that's a real feature and not something I just pulled out of my ass.) THAT is cool engineering.

Does that make sense? Basically, I just want to be able to come back at my friend with reason why my TL is better than his LS. Because I truly believe it is—I just haven't been able to prove it to him yet.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
tell him you have better resale value

shoot, his car sucks so bad they don't even make it anymore
Old 07-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Search for the "found any new features" thread.
It's like 10 pages long of the stuff you are looking for.
Then there's drive by wire throttle, HFL, 5.1 surround with DVD-A, "smart" transmission that senses downhills and downshifts for you so you don't have to ride the brake, if manual, it 'rev matches' when shifting, auto-up windows, tons more.
A sales brochure might help, too.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:16 PM
TL SL ML :)

hahaha ^ what he said
Old 07-30-2007, 03:18 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
umm his car is a FORD, American garbage. There's a reason why everyone doesn't buy those cars and buys imports, not to mention that, if it weren't for imports, those garbage POS American cars, wouldn't be HALF as decent as they are now.

Tell him to compare his car to a mercury or a chrysler, where it belongs.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
tell him your car is worth more than his... and he paid more...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
It's funny you mention this. I have an 06 TL and my father owned an 02 LS and just purchased an 06 LS. 06 also happens to be the last year that the LS will be in production because the MKZ is taking over. I do not have a comprehensive list of innovative technology but you might want to ask your fried one question. The 06 LS does have a pretty big flaw and my father is currently working with Loncoln to get a refund on the car. About 75% of the time when you step on the gas, the car hesitates. For example, if you come out of a corner and punch it, the car hesitates about 2 seconds before it even moves. Now that really sucks if you ask me. Our cars are much, much nice inside and out. Unless you are 50 years old and you like woodgrain everywhere. The car also has a much less refined look to it.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Intermediate

How about some "yo mama" jokes? JK.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:46 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sandynmike
Search for the "found any new features" thread.
It's like 10 pages long of the stuff you are looking for.
Then there's drive by wire throttle, HFL, 5.1 surround with DVD-A, "smart" transmission that senses downhills and downshifts for you so you don't have to ride the brake, if manual, it 'rev matches' when shifting, auto-up windows, tons more.
A sales brochure might help, too.
lol...someone had summarized it...to an extent...

here it is:

Every new feature people on this board have discovered is right here. Sorry if it's confusing. Any feedback is appreciated. Hope this saves many people time.

• Coin holder can be removed and then mounted on the map pocket (1)
• When you extend the visor, the whole shade moves (5)
• For the manual transmission it appears that the computer does RPM matching for upshifts. To test it, try this: In second gear, wind the car to say, 4000 RPM, engage the clutch, and RPMS should drop and stabilize for a second. At about 3000 RPMs disengage the clutch and that RPM is perfectly matched to road speed.
• Hitting the same number on the dash as the CD/DVD playing pauses the CD/DVD. Hit it again to play where you left off. Holding it down for a couple seconds stops the CD/DVD.
• Using “Goof Off” on the sun visor stickers helps remove them.
• You can LOCK the trunk from the glove compartment (valet, etc.)
• The front headrests pivot forward and back as well as up and down.
• When you “lock” the window controls from passengers, their window operation switches don’t light up. When you unlock the windows, they light up. Unfortunately, some say it also stops lighting and locks the driver’s window (?)
• There is a seat massage function that engages on rough roads (haha)
• Push and hold the eject button on the changer and all of the disks spit out. Push the eject button again and it stops where you want.
• To eject a specific disk, simply push the number of the disk. The screen will switch to XM, but it will eject. To eject another one, press that number and so on.
• Golf bags fit nicely in the trunk (wheelbase wise)
• To transfer a call to your phone, press the phone button on the wheel and say “transfer.” It also works the other way (to transfer a call from the phone to the HFL)
• Press and hold the Map/Guide button. While holding it, press and hold both Menu and Cancel. Hold all three in for about 3 seconds, and the Navigation Diagnostics Menu comes on. From here, you can see all sorts of interesting info.

For example, under GPS Navigation, you can see in real time which satellites you are tracking.
• You can reset your microphone level to how you talk. You can calibrate for new different radius tires, as well as see the status of many of the cars other systems that are tied in to the navigation computer and otherwise.

Then there is a trip computer of sorts, that somehow provides the data to the main trip computer. It measures in metric. I think it measures your speed in, believe it or not, millimeters per seconds. You can also use this screen to save a log to a PC card (the slot is on the unit in the trunk). May void warranty!!!!!!!!!!!
• To go through commands more quickly, press the Voice Command button, say your command, and PRESS THE BUTTON AGAIN. That way you don’t have to wait for it to repeat! And don’t be afraid to call out the numbers fast; it does do a good job recognizing them using this new tip.
• When you set your seat, temperature, and mirror settings, and then save them, then take out the key, hold the Lock and unlock button for 1 second to link or unlink the key to the car (1 blink = link, 2 blinks = unlink) Do the same for the other key but with different driver and setting.... when you switch keys and press the unlock button, the car automatically moves the seat to the specific driver and shifts the mirrors and stuff.
• HFL Volume is stored differently from audio volume; this means they can each operate at different settings.
• The driver and passenger doors in the TL open extra wide, more than other vehicles on the market. There appears to be 3 “pause” sections (as opposed to 2) where the door stops, then if you push it further, it will stop at another section.
• If you have an incoming call, hit the “Call” button and the system will mute/pause the audio for you, the will resume after call is ended.
• There is a gas cap holder on the gas cap door hinge to store the cap while filling up.
• Voice Command, “Display current location,” and the system will display the address, town, state, altitude, longitude, and latitude. However, the system will also TELL YOU the address, town, and state. Pressing the white circle does the same thing, but w/out the voice prompts.
• Pressing the MAX button brightens all dash lights/buttons. Pressing it again returns the lights/buttons to their previous light settings.
• To have the tilt-down mirror feature activate, put the mirror adjustment switch to the right to have the driver mirror tilt down. For the passenger mirror to tilt down, switch it to the left. If you leave it in the middle, the feature will disengage. When you are in reverse going over 5 MPH, the mirror will tilt to it’s regular position. Go under 5 MPH again and it will tilt.
• Pressing the “Lock” button on the fob twice makes the vehicle beep. But, if the trunk is open or a door is ajar, the vehicle will not beep, just lock. A great reminder that one of the doors is ajar.
• To clear/reset the trip computer, hold the Select/Reset for a few seconds.

• To completely turn off the Nav screen, go into setup, screen 1, and select “OFF DISPLAY”

• To guarantee that the voice command mic heard you, instead of saying 80, say eight-zero. For 18, say one-eight, and so on. This eliminates confusion between, say, 80 and 18.

• Put the key in the driver’s door key slot and tilt it in the lock position. Hold it, and all of the windows and sunroof close. To open them all, tilt the key in the unlock position. You can use the keyfob to roll DOWN, the windows, but not up (for safety reasons). This happens to be in the manual.

• There is a cut in the corner of the upper console tray for your cell/PDA charger cable.
• There is a recess on the right-side of the interior trunk lid to close the trunk without getting your fingers dirty.

If you are on Setup screen, for example, and want to switch the audio, press the Audio button. Do your adjustments, and when you’re done, press the Audio button again to bring up your Setup screen. All of your information there was saved and looks just like it did. Works like the Back button, but bringing you to your previous screen and whatever’s on the screen.
• The Keyless memory settings extend beyond the seat memory, mirror memory, and temperature memory to include preferences for locking and unlocking the doors, headlights, and many others.
• The Bluetooth feature works if your phone is ANYWHERE in or near your car. Your phone can even be in the trunk!!
• In the Navigation diagnostics mode (to see how to get to this mode see, go into GPS Information. You’ll be able to see the number of satellites you’re tracking. While on the screen, push and hold the Menu button for 10 seconds. You’ll see the GPS etail screen. On the top you’ll see you’re speed in metrics. This is how you can see if your instrument panel speedometer is correct!
• If you say select voice commands wrong, for instance “Play CD,” the NAV screen will display what you should be saying, which is “CD Play.”

When using the HFL with a Bluetooth phone, you can still press the buttons on the phone although the sound is coming from the audio system. Handy when checking voicemail or a tone activated system.
• When the CD/DVD/Radio is playing, pressing the Phone button on the steering wheel pauses (CD/DVD) or mutes (radio) the audio that’s being played. This works even if the phone is not connected. To un-mute it, press the back button.
• Inside the trunk, there are to 2 mounting knobs on the upper trunk area and 1 on each side of the car that are aligned with the top ones. Installing it in such a manner that it looks like it splits the forward and back areas of the trunk--hanging in the air like a hammock.
• If you live in the south of the US and
- do a search in the Navigation for all ACURA dealers
- (and display by nearest locations)
- you can go to the farthest location( at the bottom of the list ),
- and select that dealer, in
this case is in Alberta Canada (2180 miles away from Houston),
- and then select any of those dealers ,
- and then select display map location (center button),
- it will take you into CANADA!
• To close, then tilt the sunroof (while it’s open), just press the tilt button and it does all of the work, instead of having to auto close, then tilt the sunroof by pressing two buttons (slide, then tilt). Also, about the sunroof, the manual shade slides extra far back to provide a bigger opening.
• Interior lights go out after 3 minutes of a door being ajar.
• When wipers are on intermittent, and you stop the car, the speed of the wipers goes down to the lowest setting for intermittent. When you speed up to 10 mph, the setting resets. You will notice this when the intermittent speed is on the highest setting and then pauses at a light.
• To make the annoying seatbelt warning chime stop chiming and blinking, all you have to do is simply buckle up! (ahaha)
• The map pockets in the door open/tilt to accept larger items.
• If you enter an address, the NAV will calculate 5 different routes. To go through these different routes, press the button in the top right corner of the screen. It will read “1/5” or “2/5” and so on. Note, whichever choice you make will be your default routing for all later routes until you change this.
• To run a diagnostic test on the Bluetooth system, press and hold the cancel button for 5 seconds.
• If you’re in the middle of a phone conversation and turn of the car (because you’re home), the HFL system will still work until you end the call.
• The TL comes with a sample DVD-Audio Disk.

• So I was cruising along this evening and decided to hit the 'SCAN' button on the CD and seems to play a few seconds from each song while displaying SCAN. At the next set of lights, I held in the 'SCAN' button for a few seconds and it beeped and the display said CD SCAN. It seemed to play a few seconds from each CD.
the center console box can be used as a fridge if u turn on the air conditioning on
Old 07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
'02 NBP TL-S

How can one compare a Honda to Ford? That's a joke. That's like comparing apples to oranges. Well, if he truly is your friend than I don't see a need to compete. Put the two next to each other and have people cast votes. I can guarantee you 99.999% of the votes will lean toward the TL.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Advanced

Dude, he's a Service Manager at a Ford Dealership and you work at AOL? That's like a horseshoe blacksmith trying to get one up on a scientist working under Thomas Edison.

Just smile and nod and let him enjoy his steam powered buggie while you go back to work on things that can electrocute elephants.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Just do a KBB trade value on your car, then do one on his. That should shut him up.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:15 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
- Your car is still in production
- Resale Value
- Bi-Xenon Headlamps
- VTEC for optimum power and efficiency throughout the RPM band
- Dual-Mode Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Hands free wireless via integrated bluetooth w/ info display in MID
- Side Curtain Airbags
- Standard XM Radio
- Standard 8 Speaker 5.1 Surround Sound w/ in-dash 6 disc DVD Audio changer (his car has an 80 watt system)
- Drive specific settings automatically changed when key fob is used (driver 1 / driver 2)
- Driver or Passenger mirror auto tilt in reverse function
- Driver AND passenger auto up/down on windows
- Remote roll down of all windows and sunroof
- Roll up all windows and close sunroof via door lock

can't think of anything else but I think all of that is correct.. oh yeah, and make sure to keep reminding him that he is driving a LINCOLN that is no longer in production.

^ Edit: I think the Rincon err Lincoln has the remote window thing; but it doesn't matter because you can say you have Japanese window motors that don't suck.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
How about the innovative engineering on the TL that will leave the Lincoln sucking dust on straightaways and curves, even though the TL also has better gas mileage and lower emissions?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:32 PM
My Daily Driver

As many said here....

1) Resale
2) Initial Purchase Price
3) Their V8 only has a few more ponies than our 6 and gets crap for gas mileage
4) Build Quality
5) Features and Amenities (Bluetooth, BiXenon Lights, ULEV (emmissions), ELS Surround, DVD-A capabilities
6) It's a FORD
7) It's a FORD.......(Fucker Only Runs Downhill, or Found On Roadside Dead, or Fucked Over Rebuilt Dodge, and there are a few more I forget....)
8) Tell him he drives a nice taurus.....that'll get him!

I used to sell Lincoln's for a long time. Nice car, but not worth the money, AT ALL!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Instructor

I rented an LS through Hertz Prestige Collection a few summers ago for a trip through Death Valley - 120F and above daytime highs. Those air-conditioned seats really work!
It's not too ugly either (unique, half-decent headlight design, and very un-American styling). But that's it for positives.

I also noticed that 'lag' when I stepped on the gas, and despite the car being large, it seemed to have no interior space. It didn't drive as badly as you would expect a lincoln to drive, but it was not in any way satisfying or exceptional. I seem to remember an ugly, uneven roar when I gassed it - sounded like an unrefined engine to me. The dash was a sea of plastic, fake wood, and shiny annoying trim that blinded me during the day. I think the fit and finish was typically bad.

The key arguments should be - reliability, and resale value.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:49 PM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 510 Likes on 367 Posts
- 11:1 compression ratio on only 91 octane gasoline
- Formula 1 derived Double wishbone front suspension (no crummy MacPherson struts)
- 5-link rear suspension for passive rear wheel steering
- Variable cam timing & lift on intake valves for high rpm power and low end torque
- Acoustic glass windshield
- 5.1 DVD surround sound system

Manual transmission:
- 6 gears
- Engine rev-matches up-shifts (& down-shifts if you know how to do it)
- Brembo front brakes & brake pads
- Helical limited slip differential
Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jasonmstone
So, almost a year ago, I got a 2006 Acura TL (with auto and nav). I absolutely love the car—it's my baby. And like any proud parent, when someone speaks ill of my child, it ruffles my feathers.

Late last year, my friend (whom I only see once every couple months, because he lives in Long Island) got a 2006 Lincoln LS. Certainly not a car I'd choose for myself, but it's comfortable to ride in. I'll admit I do like the air-conditioning in the seats.

What's getting a little tiresome is that, since he had a bad experience with an Accord coupe a few years ago (and ended up getting rid of it under the lemon law), he's so anti-everything-Honda, that he's constantly making comparisons between our cars. He'll pipe up with some cool feature on his car, as if challenging me to respond with something even cooler or better about my car.

The problem is that he's a service advisor at a Ford dealership in the Hamptons and I'm a designer at AOL. He's kinda got an unfair advantage in the automotive knowledge department.

So my question is... and I hope you guys can help... is there any kind of comprehensive list of innovative engineering that went into the TL? Some stuff where I can respond to my friend with, "Oh, yeah? Well MY car does this...!" It doesn't even have to be stuff that is necessarily visible to the driver or passenger, since he can appreciate the mechanical stuff too.

As an example, I have a vague notion that the GPS and some little sensor on the dash work together to adjust the A/C flow on hot days, depending on what direction your heading and where the sun's hitting. (Man, I hope that's a real feature and not something I just pulled out of my ass.) THAT is cool engineering.

Does that make sense? Basically, I just want to be able to come back at my friend with reason why my TL is better than his LS. Because I truly believe it is—I just haven't been able to prove it to him yet.

Thanks!
jesus christ, youre 30. both you and your friend are losers. i figured by the time you reach 30, people would stop being immature about bragging to others about material objects to boost your own self esteem. you trying to do that same thing as your friend put you at the same level as him.

but if you want advice on what to do the next time he brags, say "i dun give a fack what your car does and i could care less if you sit there all day telling me all the features your car has"

im sure that will shut him up
Old 07-30-2007, 06:13 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Originally Posted by jsong83
jesus christ, youre 30. both you and your friend are losers. i figured by the time you reach 30, people would stop being immature about bragging to others about material objects to boost your own self esteem. you trying to do that same thing as your friend put you at the same level as him.

but if you want advice on what to do the next time he brags, say "i dun give a fack what your car does and i could care less if you sit there all day telling me all the features your car has"

im sure that will shut him up

Goto bed you're behaving like a boob.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Race Director

that's not a friend, that's a cocky son of a gun.

btw, pretty sad that the most boring Lincoln ever, the Lincoln Town Car is still in production and the LS isn't!!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
Bring him here, or just give us his email, lets send him some acura brochure!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Maybe he's got small equipment and has to brag about his LS to make up for it -_-

or maybe he's a one upper!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by jsong83
jesus christ, youre 30. both you and your friend are losers.

this is not how we treat new members... regardless how you feel we do not bash new members..

consider this a warning...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:10 PM
FOR SALE - BM

I can pick up more chicks in my TL than an LS
Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 PM
iDrink

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
tell him that his ford/lincoln is attractive to old men and the tl is an absolute chick magnet.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

To quote one of my friends... my car came with an automatic pu$$y magnet. Its apparently located above the front right wheel.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:04 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Tell him in 3 years, your car will be worth twice as much as his.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Instructor

Awesome list! Regarding ...
Originally Posted by RSA_Secure
lol...someone had summarized it...to an extent...

• Pressing the “Lock” button on the fob twice makes the vehicle beep. But, if the trunk is open or a door is ajar, the vehicle will not beep, just lock. A great reminder that one of the doors is ajar.
I believe the first press locks the doors, the second press sets the alarm, correct? The 'beep' is confirmation that the alarm has been set. Do you know if there is an option to stop this beep, but still have the alarm set? That way, I can come home at 3am, set the alarm, but not wake up the neighborhood !
Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Steerpike
I believe the first press locks the doors, the second press sets the alarm, correct?
No-- the first press locks the doors AND sets the alarm.

Originally Posted by Steerpike
The 'beep' is confirmation that the alarm has been set. Do you know if there is an option to stop this beep, but still have the alarm set? That way, I can come home at 3am, set the alarm, but not wake up the neighborhood !
The 2nd press just sounds the confirmation beep, so you only need to press the lock button once to lock the doors and arm the alarm.
If you hear the "click" of the door locks, the alarm is on (and the red LED next to the driver's side door lock button will blink).
Old 07-31-2007, 12:38 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Ok, heres a couple of other for you:

- The car senses yaw rate and, with an automatic, if you are in a turn the transmission will not change gears to avoid upsetting stability mid-corner.

- Click the unlock button the key fob twice and hold it the second time - all 4 windows and the moonroof will open. Starts cooling the car on hot days.

- In Sprotshift mode the AT has a 2nd gear start. And it will stay in 2nd gear until you change it - it will NOT automatcally downshift to 1st if you stop. Nice around the neighborhood, slow traffic or parking lots/garages.

- Just say "My car has VTEC" then shut up.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:48 AM
Pro

Thumbs down

Here we go, a 'My father is stronger than your father" type thread

When I see these type of thread, I ask myself if the individual asking for help in this type of thread is actually mature enough to drive a car!

If you like your TL so be it!

If you value your friendship with your friend, leave that subject alone!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:18 AM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by twigglius
It's funny you mention this. I have an 06 TL and my father owned an 02 LS and just purchased an 06 LS. 06 also happens to be the last year that the LS will be in production because the MKZ is taking over. I do not have a comprehensive list of innovative technology but you might want to ask your fried one question. The 06 LS does have a pretty big flaw and my father is currently working with Loncoln to get a refund on the car. About 75% of the time when you step on the gas, the car hesitates. For example, if you come out of a corner and punch it, the car hesitates about 2 seconds before it even moves. Now that really sucks if you ask me. Our cars are much, much nice inside and out. Unless you are 50 years old and you like woodgrain everywhere. The car also has a much less refined look to it.
Indeed an old man car..my sister in law dad has the 05 LS V8 and it lags when stepping on the gas like u said.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94

- In Sprotshift mode the AT has a 2nd gear start. And it will stay in 2nd gear until you change it - it will NOT automatcally downshift to 1st if you stop. Nice around the neighborhood, slow traffic or parking lots/garages.

I don't think mine does this. It goes back to 1st.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
Racer

tell him its ford, and if he keeps talking let him talk and just wait for the first person to have a problem with the car, i would hav eto 90% chance he will have a problem first then its your turn
Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 AM
'07 TL-S 6MT Moroccan Red

Here's a couple more - "Fix Or Repair Daily" or "Found On Reservation Dead"
Old 07-31-2007, 10:53 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94

Originally Posted by A SiQ TL
I don't think mine does this. It goes back to 1st.

When putting it into "2nd gear start" you have to be at a *complete* stop. Or, could be an '07 thing (mine is an '07 TL-S AT).
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I have a cocky friend that is the jealous type and also thinks his Lincoln LS is the best. Nice guy, but a complete insecure moron who knows little about cars. He used to argue how his geriatric LS could beat my BMW 540i.....LOL! What kinda comparision is that? My car trumped all over his in every department except price. When I got my TL he laughed even harder. Jealousy and ignorance! He said, now you got a V6?? HAHA! This coming from a guy who thinks like a kid; if your speedometer goes to 170mph that must be your top speed. LOL!

Ford sucks (except for maybe the Mustang). It was revolutionary when it 1st came out because it was so different for a Ford product. But it's still a Ford product. Now they have that crappy MKZ to replace it. HA! Even worse! He sells Lincolns??? Look at that new Navigator! Yuck! Lincoln is goin down!!! They have to wake up! Lincolns break down all day by the way. Acuras are among the most dependable.

Just tell him straight out nobody buy Lincolns anymore. TL is the 2nd best selling car in it's category behind the BMW 3-series. Nuff said.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Ford just reported a $750 million dollar 2nd quarter profit. They're on their way back guys - and gals.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

^^ we will see...right now they are trying to get rid of several brands they own...Land Rover, Volvo, Jaguar...
Old 07-31-2007, 12:23 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
I have a cocky friend that is the jealous type and also thinks his Lincoln LS is the best. Nice guy, but a complete insecure moron who knows little about cars. He used to argue how his geriatric LS could beat my BMW 540i.....LOL! What kinda comparision is that? My car trumped all over his in every department except price. When I got my TL he laughed even harder. Jealousy and ignorance! He said, now you got a V6?? HAHA! This coming from a guy who thinks like a kid; if your speedometer goes to 170mph that must be your top speed. LOL!

Ford sucks (except for maybe the Mustang). It was revolutionary when it 1st came out because it was so different for a Ford product. But it's still a Ford product. Now they have that crappy MKZ to replace it. HA! Even worse! He sells Lincolns??? Look at that new Navigator! Yuck! Lincoln is goin down!!! They have to wake up! Lincolns break down all day by the way. Acuras are among the most dependable.

Just tell him straight out nobody buy Lincolns anymore. TL is the 2nd best selling car in it's category behind the BMW 3-series. Nuff said.
Lincoln only sold 20,000 LS's in it's last year. Only 200,000 for a 6 year run.

Quick Reply: Help Me Shut My Friend Up ... Please