Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Am With a Message

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Am With a Message

This pontiac runs around our town. I told the kid that we could rock anytime he wants, but hasn't bitten yet. First time posting pics, so be patient.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4...tcar003dt4.jpg
Old 08-17-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
lol...pontiac grand am - ultimate sleeper car.

i saw something like that. kinda. Therew as this Mercedes C-Class with those rear sunshade things, and when the guy popped the thing up it said Fuck U. lol must be for the tailgaters.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Racer

Stupid guy.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Looks like he has just enough money for stupid stickers and not enough for a fast car... talking s*#t is cheap, an Acura is for ever.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned

I just laugh every time I see that car. I don't know if this kid understands how :ghey: that thing looks or not. He knows that I am ready to take my stock 1G to the track and rock any time.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DiveforTL-s
Looks like he has just enough money for stupid stickers and not enough for a fast car... talking s*#t is cheap, an Acura is for ever.
Best quote I've seen on this site
Old 08-18-2006, 07:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by duck97tl
This pontiac runs around our town. I told the kid that we could rock anytime he wants, but hasn't bitten yet. First time posting pics, so be patient.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4...tcar003dt4.jpg
Stupid is as stupid does, indeed!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Low and Slow

That's just pathetic. You shouldn't do that kind of stuff unless you want to be mocked and or beaten by everyone around you.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:55 AM
The Boss

I'll spank that Grand AM by 3 car lengths at least. Nuff said
Old 08-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
It's not even spelled right. Moron.

Reminds me of this guy with a supposedly twin turbo Alero (same chassis/engine). Body kit, wing, dual fart cans, the works. We raced and I smoked him.

Literally the next day, the word on the street was that he beat me by several car lengths. I didn't tell people about it, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell people I lost, so it was pretty obvious what the fuck he did. Don't even bother racing idiots like him; it will only be a headache. Except for my friend Brenden who used to have a pretty nice GA GT, the GA/Alero crew rank pretty low in my book. A lot of them talk way too much shit and lie about shit when (not if) they can't back it up.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
omg is this like a thing with the grand am community? do they look for tl's or imports in general? do they think they are fast? i swear the other day i was coming out of a restaurant with my friend and i get into the left lane to pass a couple of slow cars and the guy like guns it past me im like ok? im not racing? well the road opened up to 0 traffic so i said what the hell gunned it passed him then got off at my exit... even when i had my maxima i had a few run ins with grand ams who had no shot... they are pathetic
Old 08-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
omg is this like a thing with the grand am community? do they look for tl's or imports in general? do they think they are fast? i swear the other day i was coming out of a restaurant with my friend and i get into the left lane to pass a couple of slow cars and the guy like guns it past me im like ok? im not racing? well the road opened up to 0 traffic so i said what the hell gunned it passed him then got off at my exit... even when i had my maxima i had a few run ins with grand ams who had no shot... they are pathetic
I am always dodging attitude from Pontiac drivers. I think you are right, they just go looking for imports to show off to.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Pontaics are not for
Old 08-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Pontaics are not for
GTO?? Trans Am??
Old 08-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Dragging knees in

Pontaics are not for
^^^ Classic ignorant Acura owner statement
Old 08-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
lol no man acuras are the best/fastest/ bestest most awsomest cars ever! f*ck ferraris and lambo's! lol jk.... but seriously grand am's arent even attractive looking cars, nor are they fast, they are like the homeless... only good for making you feel better about yourself .. lol :-P
Old 08-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
^^^ Classic ignorant Acura owner statement
Everyting that Pontaic has that is fast (ie GTO and Firebird) is a rebadged something else. The GTO is a Holden with a Corvette engine. The firebird is a Camaro. They are not doing anything to these cars but jacking up the price and makeing some hick feel better beacuse he has a Firebird. Everything Pontaic has that is not a copy and paste job is crap (ie Grand Am, Bonnivelle, AZTEC, Grand Prix). And how many 200,000 mi pontaics are out there that do not have their origonal MSRP put back into them in the form of new engines, rear ends, etc? How many Acuras/ Hondas/ Toyotas ?

BTW, watch how you use the word "ignorant". I am from the midwest where everybody just keeps buying "American" cars even though they last 37,000 miles so I know how crappy even the fastest Ponticas run.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Dragging knees in

Everyting that Pontaic has that is fast (ie GTO and Firebird) is a rebadged something else. The GTO is a Holden with a Corvette engine. The firebird is a Camaro. They are not doing anything to these cars but jacking up the price and makeing some hick feel better beacuse he has a Firebird. Everything Pontaic has that is not a copy and paste job is crap (ie Grand Am, Bonnivelle, AZTEC, Grand Prix). And how many 200,000 mi pontaics are out there that do not have their origonal MSRP put back into them in the form of new engines, rear ends, etc? How many Acuras/ Hondas/ Toyotas ?

BTW, watch how you use the word "ignorant". I am from the midwest where everybody just keeps buying "American" cars even though they last 37,000 miles so I know how crappy even the fastest Ponticas run.
Dude, I live in Metro Detroit, the heart of the automotive industry. I'm pretty sure I get to see more than you do.

Parts sharing is just the way of the automotive industry today. That's the only way car companies can reduce costs in order to produce cars at affordable prices. So what if the GTO is a Holden Monaro with an LS1? Holden is a GM subsidiary, as is Pontiac. Sharing parts among its divisions is commonplace; in fact, it has to be done in order to even make it feasible in the first place.

Even Honda does it. Do you think your TL-S is a true Acura? No, it's a Honda Accord chassis with an engine based on the same J-series powertrain. All over the car, there are Honda logos stamped inside and out. The same J-series powertrain is shared among a truck, a coupe, sedans, SUVs and a minivan throughout the Honda and Acura line-up. Yet you're bitching about GM sharing an engine among FOUR cars? Get real, dude.

I don't see you bitching about Acura for building the CL-S, then dropping in the same engine in the TL-S and jacking up the price. Indeed the price was higher because of the differences, most notably the extra doors. So it was justified, as was the price difference on the Firebird. It had more features and options than its sibling, Camaro. In the summer of 2001, I spent countless hours researching them and deciding between the two. The price difference was justified as is your TL-S costing more than the CL-S. I did not end up buying the '02 WS6, however.

You advise me on how to use the word ignorant, yet your post only further confirmed my opinion that you truly are an ignorant Acura owner, because you're stereotyping Pontiac Firebird drivers as hicks, and the company as doing nothing but jacking up prices. One of my friends' father is a chief designer at GM, and I see how much work goes into each vehicle, despite parts-sharing.

If it weren't for your ignorant statement, I wouldn't be so hostile. Hell, I wave at TLs passing by even though I don't know them. So I'm very friendly when it comes to fellow TL owners, unless they say stupid shit.

Oh, and it's funny how you mention car problems... have you not heard about the transmission problems in our 2G TLs? Now I'm not criticizing Acura here. I like Honda/Acura products and that's why there is an '03 and an '05 TL sitting in the garage right now. But my father also drives a Yukon XL Denali, which I advised him to purchase. GM has its share of problems, and I recognize them. Their design and overall quality is at least a generation behind its competitors from overseas. But there are certain things that GM does better than its competitors. My point is that you're complaining about GM for doing something that every car company does. They have to plan to share parts in order to produce something and make a profit. That's how car companies do it. If otherwise your TL-S was exclusively produced, it would've been in the 40k+ range, no doubt. Would you have bought one then? You may not like parts sharing, but I welcome it, because it brings the same level of quality and design at a cheaper price to me, an end consumer. I don't give two shits if the engine is shared with another car. In fact, I welcome that, too. It builds comraderie among their owners. On top of TL owners, I also like to meet Accord and CL owners because we basically have the same cars. Then again, I involve myself heavily into the car scene, so it may seem like nothing to you.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

"My point is that you're complaining about GM for doing something that every car company does"

Here is my final point and we can just agree to disagree.
First, most of the "parts sharing" going on with the big 3 is almost a rebadge and a few different option choices. Sit in a camaro and a firebird and tell me if they feel like different cars. Now, go sit in a TL and an Accord and tell me if they feel the same. Now I will give you that if you do that with a TSX and Accord, you will see a rebadge, but at least the engine and suspension are diferent. Is it cheaper to share parts? Sure. Is it cheaper to rebadge the same minivan 3 times? I guess not. If it was, where is Plymouth? Geo? Oldsmible? Why can Honda and Toyota share parts and have huge profits and GM and Ford rebadge and be losing money? Is this all of the Big 3s problems? No. But what do you really gain by having Chevy and GMC pickups and SUVs? I only complain beacuse GM is taking peoples pension bennifits and laying off people beacuse they are millions in the hole while throwing away money on useless rebadging. How is this good for anyone?
And I know not only hicks drive firebirds, but not only Asans drive rice burners so whatever.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

Hey, guys...I just wanted a thread to have a good laugh at a GA that was just asking for bad karma.

Yeah, Grand Ams have issues when you compare them to our Acuras, but the dealers around here sure sell a buttload of them Must be something good about these cars. I won't buy another GM product again, but that is another thread down the road for duscussion.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:41 PM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol i saw a similar thing the other day there was a older passat with a euro plate that said vtec this i went up to him and asked him if he'd race me he said sure. then i added ill race u for that plate. he was like what. then he asked me what i had so i told him i had a VTEC and pointed to my car. all his boys were like ohhhh shit. lol then he said someother time cause hes been drinkin lol my goal is to get that plate from him
Old 08-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Why I watch sci-fi...

Originally Posted by duck97tl
Hey, guys...I just wanted a thread to have a good laugh at a GA that was just asking for bad karma.

Yeah, Grand Ams have issues when you compare them to our Acuras, but the dealers around here sure sell a buttload of them Must be something good about these cars. I won't buy another GM product again, but that is another thread down the road for duscussion.
I am sorry. I got off subject. GM and Grand AMs in peticular are a sore spot for me. The first car i really drove was my parents old '87 Grand Am Turbo (stock option for a few years untill they got a V6 into them). I think that they sell a lot of them beacuse they are cheap and exciting for young people.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:23 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
having once been part of the whole grand-am/ beretta/corsica crowd, i can say that their respective owners definitely are way too cocky about the abilities of those cars. i used to troll all the gm forums (both F-body and J-body) and there are some people in there who are just in denial of the fact that the chevy/gm 3100 engines are not tuner engines.

they're ok cars for a college kid or high school kid, but they're definitely no dragsters. although.....a little known fact is that when the camaro and mustang were supposed to be nixed in the 90s, two prototype beretta replacements were developed. a TT V6 AWD model, and a V8 RWD model. there were articles done on them in some auto magazine. i've seen the writeup floating around out there. those may have been fun if they manufactured them with the grand ams. although i see that having been more of a grand prix option instead.

SSTS
Old 08-21-2006, 07:48 AM
The Boss

It's a pontiac...........
Besides the GTO which I kinda like, I don't care about them even if they're riced out.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
And even the GTO has a history of getting burned by E46 M3s with 75 less ponies under the hood. Nothing against pontiac or the GTO, but its not on par with the vette, stang, camaro IMO, nor is it that great at what it tries to do (straight line accel)
Old 09-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Wars not make one great

A guy I used to work with drive a 69 bel air I believe. He put a larger engine in it along with some other mods + Nitrous (which he had never used because he was afraid of it). He had a huge decal on the top of the windshield that said RICE EATER hehe. I thought it was funny, though at the time I was driving a 69 impala (almost the same car as his).

I wouldn't mind racing that car in my TL-S knowing how much heavier that thing must be than mine.

-Cozmo
Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
10th Gear

I own a 2006 TL and a 1999 Trans Am with well over 100k miles. Both are great cars! But you must be talking about grand am's when you say pontiac is not for racing!! Which I agree!! My TA runs high twelves on street tires with only headers,intake,clutch! Only problems I've ever had was the clutch and alternator. It's all in how you take care of your car.Which I really don't consider the TL to be a "racing car". Yes they are nice, I love my 06. And I am by no means a hick! I've never had an import besides the TL because I love the sound and power of the V8! But I do have respect for other cars such as the evo's and sti's etc. I'm not one of these young jits that think there car is the fastest in the world and everything else is a p.o.s!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
The Boss

This thread is still alive?