Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny I-95 "got pulled over" story.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kennedy
I was thinking Thursday/Friday afternoon, followed by a happy hour... I drive from Stafford to Tysons 5 days a week... I don't look forward to fighting the traffic a 6th time during the week, even if it is for fun.

If you guys wanna do a weekend thing, we should stay a little more "in the middle", like Woodbridge. I have a BBQ next Saturday too though.

I' ve got a d40, but I'm not very good with it. Anyone a camera nerd?

Big list so far:
xxAfg
jmb
cdat
kennedy
rooki
Miisz Chelly
Jeff, get leedog.

Perhaps we should move this to the meets section?
You forgot me... I see how it is.

and lol @ camera nerd... I suppose that'd be me... possibly, depending if someone better is coming...
Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by rooki
if your still recon'in for location, 1,000 yardline Rifle range at WTBN has a great back drop around dusk...two spot on the range comes to mind, the hardball between 600-700 yardline provides good ground shots and the firing points at 1,000 yardline has a good overhead shots. my 2cents.

sorry guys, i'm just assuming you know where thats at.
ha, yeah... I know where that is. Frmr Capt. USMC. I've laid on that ground in too many rainstorms.

Not sure base is a good idea though... Too many folks, too much hassle at the front gate. Down South does have some more pristine shots without going into the city.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:22 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by Romeo8Juliet
You forgot me... I see how it is.

and lol @ camera nerd... I suppose that'd be me... possibly, depending if someone better is coming...
my bad little lady... Not trying to ostresize you from happy hour either... Coke and chips for you only.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Instructor

my bad little lady... Not trying to ostresize you from happy hour either... Coke and chips for you only.
That's all I wanted anywayyyyyyyy....

...Now we just need to figure out where.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:34 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Well iI'll take the lead roll here.

Next Thursday/Friday Aug 21/22 afternoon:

Tysons, right off 123 at my office. Parking lot shoot or rooftop shoot (need to check with building security on rooftop)... followed by chips and drinks at Chili's/On the border.

Sunday, 11am Aug 24 - Springfield commuter lot, followed by mutually agreed to lunch.

Let the voting begin.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Instructor

Tysons, right off 123 at my office. Parking lot shoot or rooftop shoot (need to check with building security on rooftop)... followed by chips and drinks at Chili's/On the border.

Sunday, 11am Aug 24 - Springfield commuter lot, followed by mutually agreed to lunch.

Let the voting begin.
I work in Herndon until 5. Depending on what time, I probably would be able to make it on Thursday/Friday.

I vote for Sunday... but I vote for a different location.. commute lots don't make for very great photos... (couldn't resist.. being the "camera nerd" and all)
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
You know what guys...since the theme seems to be "getting out of a ticket"...I got one even better than any of these we are posting right now! I remember it just like it was yesterday! You'll see why!

About 10 years ago, I was on my way to work, going up Massachussettes Ave in NW DC (running late as hell - with the boss threatening my ass fresh in my mind) about 6:45 AM on a weekday. As I approached the traffic light of the circle at American University, in my red MT Daytona Turbo Z, the light was yellow. I knew I was too far back to beat the red, but fuck it, I gunned it anyway! It turned red just before I got there, and since I'm no quitter...I kept going anyway! Put those damn flame guns down because it wasn't anybody around at the time but God and DC Metro's finest, conveniently parked on the side where they could see me, but I couldn't see them until I already ran it! AAARRRGGGHHH!! This is gonna hurt I said! LOL!!

I just pulled my ass over, put the window down, turned off my sounds and got out the info to speed things up. I didn't even look up, I just held them up in my hand. Arrogant, and running red lights! What a youngster!

Dialogue:

Cop: Good morning sir!
Me: Good morning officer!
Cop: Sir, why are you in such a hurry this morning?
Me: (still not even looking up) I was running late for work and I thought I could make the light.
Her (cop): Hmm...You don't even recognize me do you?
Me: (stunned momentarily, then played it off) Huh? I said, as I looked up.

Now, I was prepared to lie to get out of this ticket even if I didn't remember her! LOL! But I looked up, and lo and behold...it was a chick that had a crush on me in high school!!!! The in me made me immediately shift from "prey" to the "hunter"!! I remembered the days I used to "freak" her in the stairways in high school, but never really going beyond that! Imagine the joy in me when I saw it was her! Although, that same thing could have been bad for me too! Yikes! LOL!

Me: Wow, ###### is that you? Man, you been drinking milk girl! You look good! And you're a cop too? Whaatttt??? So how have you been?
Her: I've been ok, blah, blah, blah...and yourself?
Me: Well, I have a little thing going on with somebody right now, but I think of my options all the time. (Hell, I was married with my daughter's mom, but shit I was lying my ass off that day!!!! Hahahahahaha)
Her: You are still the same! I bet your ass is married! (laughing). Well, it really is nice seeing you again. She wrote her number down on a piece of paper. Call me sometime she said, maybe we can hook up next weekend. I have to go out of town this weekend. (I remember it all) Try to slow down and be careful, we sit out here a lot looking for people like you! Hahahaha! Take care, bye!
Me: Alright, you do the same! You know I couldn't pursue it! Didn't you had heard what I just said about the wife and kid? But it was there for me all laid out on a platter! I tossed the number out the window when I went around the corner. Anyway, I got out of the ticket and never went that way again! (Confucious say: Him that don't put himself in way of temptation...be financially better off!)

Still one of my all-time fave stories! Like I always say nephew: It ain't easy!!

lmaoo
Old 08-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Instructor

i'm all for setting up a meet or what ever its called these days. lets set a location for next week Friday. i'm sure everyone's weekends are busy and families to tend to (or significant other) I'll check the post, heading out to county fair.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:34 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rooki
if your still recon'in for location, 1,000 yardline Rifle range at WTBN has a great back drop around dusk...two spot on the range comes to mind, the hardball between 600-700 yardline provides good ground shots and the firing points at 1,000 yardline has a good overhead shots. my 2cents.

sorry guys, i'm just assuming you know where thats at.
"Ready on the left."
"Ready on the right."
"All ready on the firing line."

I was thinking Thursday/Friday afternoon, followed by a happy hour... I drive from Stafford to Tysons 5 days a week... I don't look forward to fighting the traffic a 6th time during the week, even if it is for fun.

Jeff, get leedog.
That's right. Sergeants run this motherfucker.

Let the voting begin.
Maybe Thursday. Why not bump it a week or two (weekend after Labor Day) and then more people can make it...
Old 08-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im up for it
Old 08-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Advanced

i just lucked out on my way to work this morning on rt 25a. i had the music at 25 and noticed the sirens behind me so i pulled over.. here's how it went.

me: hello
officer: do you know the speed limit?
me: 55
officer: no, it's 40
me: shit. sorry then
officer: i clocked you at 70, even if it was 55, you were still speeding
me: i'm really stupid, i'm sorry... didn't even know
officer: you ever get a ticket?
me: yeah, for speeding 6 years ago
officer: ok. here's your license back. drive slow. nice car.
me: cool.

probably not handled the smartest way but hey, it worked. i really had no clue, i thought he was pulling me over for tint, 3rd cat delete or the atlp exhaust... maybe he just pitied me.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:14 PM
05 TL NBP 6spd S front

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
I am for it to
Old 08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Banned

so lets finalize the date and time
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nice my puerto rican ass would of when to jail
Old 11-24-2009, 04:49 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
^
Old 11-25-2009, 12:31 AM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

OK - Here's my latest. A couple of months ago, I've heading to work. I'm about 1-2 miles away and just a few minutes late when I realize that I have a meeting in 15 minutes. Folks in the DC area may know about Canal Road (a two lane road). During rush hour both lanes flow in the peak direction. The speed limit is 35 MPH, but people often do much more as there's woods on the north side and the Potomac River on the south side. Anyways, I'm doing maybe 40 when I speed up once I realize I'm short on time. Now, I'm doing about 70 MPH. I blow past this guy in a modded Nissan 350Z. I guess the 350Z guy knew he could outrun me and decided to come for me. As he's closing in on me, I spot a MPD officer in a side street where they often setup to clock people. Anyways, I'm thinking that I'm caught and I'll have to slow down because traffic is now getting congested about 1/4 mile away. Anyways, as I bracing for the officer to flag me down (he's outside of his cruiser looking right at me), the 350Z comes along and flys past me (he had to have reached about 90 MPH), jumps into my lane in front of me, and then he has brake really hard and I heard him downshift because of the congestion ahead. Well, the officer's attention went from me to the 350Z guy. He stopped that guy, I stopped about 25 feet ahead in the slowing traffic. I was able to see the officer instruct the guy to get out of his car, motion for him to walk to be back of the car and he slapped the cuffs on him. I was shocked! I'm certain I was about to get a nasty speeding ticket and this guy comes along and gets me off the hook and gets himself cuffed.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:10 AM
socal WDP

HAHAHA dang what a nice convo. legit dude
Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by WayneJay
OK - Here's my latest. A couple of months ago, I've heading to work. I'm about 1-2 miles away and just a few minutes late when I realize that I have a meeting in 15 minutes. Folks in the DC area may know about Canal Road (a two lane road). During rush hour both lanes flow in the peak direction. The speed limit is 35 MPH, but people often do much more as there's woods on the north side and the Potomac River on the south side. Anyways, I'm doing maybe 40 when I speed up once I realize I'm short on time. Now, I'm doing about 70 MPH. I blow past this guy in a modded Nissan 350Z. I guess the 350Z guy knew he could outrun me and decided to come for me. As he's closing in on me, I spot a MPD officer in a side street where they often setup to clock people. Anyways, I'm thinking that I'm caught and I'll have to slow down because traffic is now getting congested about 1/4 mile away. Anyways, as I bracing for the officer to flag me down (he's outside of his cruiser looking right at me), the 350Z comes along and flys past me (he had to have reached about 90 MPH), jumps into my lane in front of me, and then he has brake really hard and I heard him downshift because of the congestion ahead. Well, the officer's attention went from me to the 350Z guy. He stopped that guy, I stopped about 25 feet ahead in the slowing traffic. I was able to see the officer instruct the guy to get out of his car, motion for him to walk to be back of the car and he slapped the cuffs on him. I was shocked! I'm certain I was about to get a nasty speeding ticket and this guy comes along and gets me off the hook and gets himself cuffed.
Yeah I believe it man. If you do double the speed limit, that's an automatic jail card. Sucks for the 350Z dude but hey next time he'll think twice about doing 90mph in a 35mph zone.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Racer

Heres my speeding story...
Driving on TX 380 to denton at 1130pm to a party. I was a little late, but not that bad. But I do like the speed of the TL. So I was pushing 110-120mph, depending on the slope of the hill.
For some strange reason, I got the urge to slow down. My radar didnt go off...nothing. I just decided to hit the breaks. As I was slowing down, I saw the shine of blue in a side ditch. So i slammed sown the break.
The cop pulled me over.

Officer: Whats the hurry?
Me: (lie) My friend just got in a car wreck and is in the hospital.
O: Sorry to hear that. Do you know how fast you were going?
Me: No idea. 75 maybe? (speed limit 65)
O: Nope, I lasered you at 86.
Me: Oh Im so sorry.
O: Lic and reg.
Me: *hands over stuff*
*Officer comes back on passenger side*
O:*as he looks down and sees a radar detector hurled to the floor*
Do you always keep your radar detector on the floor like that?
Me: (trying to be funny) Nope, I had it under the seat. when I saw you i hit the breaks so hard it slid out.
O: Alright, sign on the dotted line.

I got a ticket for $290.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:09 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
^ rofl... He got you good

Where the heck is kennedy anyway
Old 11-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
used to make the trip up and down 95 2 -3 times a year from pam beach florida to connecticut...only state i ever got pulled was in va...3 times...i hated driving thru there
Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't speed at all when I visit my family up in VA, especially in the NoVA / DC area. The last time I visited JMU in Harrisonburg I counted NO JOKE 14 cops running radar in the 1.5 hour stretch from the NC border to central VA. That is ludicrous.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts
So I'm late for work this morning. Hit the road about 9:30, I always leave a bit late so I can get on the HOV lanes Northbound legally.

On the way out the door I realize, damn, left my wallet at the office yesterday. No drivers license... shit. Note to self, take it easy, NO GETTING PULLED OVER TODAY.

Hit I-95N, find a groove, turn on the V1 and roll, jump in the HOV at Dumfries...

Cruising through Woodbridge at about 80, following a worktruck and the V1 EXPLODES as I crest a hill right passed Potomoc Mills. OH... SHIITT. As I jam the clutch to neutral, I see the VA States Finest in one of those hot new Dodge Charger cruisers posted up in the center median radar gunning.
I'm not too worrried, I'm mid pack, he can't be interetsed in me.

2 miles up the road, he's on my tail, lights blaring.

So now I'm thinking... I might go to jail today.
- Speeding, "with the pack" is irrelevant
- No front plate, becasue that's not cool
- V1 -concealed- in the upper left corner of the window, but it's in there. If he looks in the right place, he'll see it.
- Windows tinted TOO dark.
- and the kicker... No F'ing drivers license... exactly what was NOT supposed to happen today.

Trooper gets out and apporaches the vehicle. I know the drill, make the trooper feel safe. Radio off, window down, seatbelt clearly on, and hands clearly visible on steering wheel.

The exchange... Keep in mind, he's looking the TL over inside and out during this conversation.
Trooper: Who you with?
me: excuse me officer?
Trooper: your hands on the wheel... trained...
me: Oh... Former Marine, I know the drill, I've been in your shoes before. Just trying to be safe.
Trooper: How fast were you going back there?
me: I dunno for sure... just flowing with traffic, pushin 75 maybe?
Trooper: Nope, you were "catchin up" - 82 when I gunned you, then you backed out to 79.
me: Wow, sorry about that, just going with the flow I thought.
Trooper: Where's your front plate?
me: (Partial BS here, I had my cracked windshield replaced Saturday) Ugh, officer, I was in a fender bender, which just got fixed Saturday, they replaced the windshield, you can even see where they screwed it up and broke some of the moulding (true, they busted the rain channel, fuckers), and reprayed the bumper. Plates in the trunk, and I'm waiting on a new bracket and a new moulding from the dealer.
Trooper: You do realize you need that?
me: Yessir, and it'll be on as soon as the parts come in.
Trooper: ... Alrigth then. I was gonna give you a ticket on the plate, but if you're waitin on parts, i understand... I'm gonna let you go today. Window tint looks a little dark, but I'm not worried about that right now. Turn on your blinker and carefully merge back into the lane. Have a good day.
me: You too officer, be safe.

I'm stunned at this point.
No plate run, no drivers license (which i didn't have)... and no ticket. UNBELIEVABLE!

I think the guy cut the former Marine a break... and being the Trooper motorhead in the hotrod Charger, he wanted a good look at the hottest dropped TL on Volks in Northern Virginia. He looked it over and over during our exchange.

I guess first impressionS REALLY are key, and he wanted to bust a juicier target than he thought he had. It pays to keep a cool head, know the rigth answers to the questions, and NOT piss off the trooper.All I can say is "holy crap", this never happen to me. Today was a good day.

I am reconsidering putting that front plate on... you get a lot of attention for not having that around here.
This post got me out of a reckless driving ticket today. I was driving from Northern Virginia to Emory and Henry to see a girl. It’s a four hour drive all on I-81 South. I will admit that I was speeding most of the way since there was hardly any traffic, and nothing but mountains around me. I'm about 25 minutes away from finally arriving at Emory when I get clocked by a cop doing 83 (which is reckless). I remembered reading this thread about a year ago when I first joined Acurazine and did everything that Kennedy did.

I rolled all my windows down including the sunroof, turned the radio off, and put my hands on the steering wheel with license and registration in each hand.

Officer: Hey there.
Me: Hey how’s it going today officer?
Officer: Good, do you have any idea how fast you were going back there?
Me: No Sir.
Officer: 83, that’s reckless. Why did you roll all the windows down? Have you been smoking dope? That’s what people who smoke dope or ones who have been pulled over a lot do.
Me: No Sir. I don't do those kind of things and I've never been pulled over before. I’m a good kid. I rolled the windows down because I wanted to make you feel safe Sir. I got a cousin in the Marines and he told me to do that. (I didn't know how to tell him I read it on Acurazine so I just told him I had a cousin in the Marines).
Officer: Where you headed today? And where are you from?
Me: Emory and Henry to see this girl I really like Sir. I live about three to four hours north of here. Would you like to see the gift I got her?
Officer: You must be love sick then huh? What’s the gift?
Me: A necklace and this card.
Officer: (reads the card) That’s a good quote there. I'll be back with your ticket.

He then comes back with a clipboard and pen in hand.

Officer: You must be real love sick. I know the feeling. So you ever gotten a ticket before? Do you know what to do when you get one?
Me: No Sir and I do not know what to do when I get one.
Officer: Ok just sign on this line right here.

While handing me the pen and clipboard he snatches them both back and says "I'm going to let you off with a warning today kid. I know what its like to be love sick. Take it easy and go 70. You’re lucky an old fart like me pulled you over and not one of these younger guys. They wouldn’t have let you off."

Thank you Mr. Kennedy.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:20 AM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
^ that's a funny story Amir, but did the cop really tell you to do 70 mph?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:13 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Lucky...I don't know you personally but are you a hot chick with big boobs or something..LOL?
Old 01-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
@ lovesick... nice.

It's a really small thing, but I wouldn't've taken out the papers before the officer approached. If they see you fiddling about in the car before they've approached you, they might think you're trying to hide stuff.

Wish this stuff worked with the radar cops out here Done this stuff all 3 times I was pulled over. Currently have 3 speeding tickets.

If you're driving at night, it helps to keep your headlights on and turn on all interior lights.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:24 PM
2011 CR-Z EX 6spd Navi

sorry to say that I don't have anything to contribute as I've never been pulled over, but there are some funny posts in this thread!
Old 01-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Intermediate

That's a funny thread! I really like reading all of the funny stories! I must admit that I did not get a ticket in like 11 years (knock on wood) but in July I got into a situation, just about a month after I bought my TL-S.
I was rushing to get home after pulling a 12-hour shift @ work. I was really tired and also had the urge to go LOL. Right after I turned from Higgins Road to get to I-290/I-53 South, I get on a left lane instantly and hit the gas, and immediately ran at 80mph. Further down the highway there was a construction zone and speed posted was 45 mph (there was also a sign that said "speeding fine $375 minimum). I was really looking away to spot a possible trooper but I did not see any. Shortly after, I see the whole "disco" strobes in my rear view mirror. So I skip over to the right lanes to finally pull over to the right side of the highway. I see an officer coming out of his car and approaching my car from my right (I have never experienced that), so I kinda freak out:

Officer: Do you have any idea what I stopped you for?
Me: I think I was driving a little bit too fast, sir.
O: Right, but not a little bit but way too fast. Besides, we also suspect your car as stolen.
Me: What? I just bought it about a month ago!
O: I ran your plates and it says you own a Honda (I traded my Accord for a TL-S and the paperwork was still at DMV office for plates transfer to be completed, I guess).
Me: I traded my Honda for the TL. I have no clue the change is still not reflected in your system. I have all the docs to prove it.
O: I would to see them *I gave him all the docs*

After reviewing the docs, he then says:
O: You were telling me the truth. That a good start. Besides, are you a cop? **I have Police Memorial plates*** (long story how I got these)
Me: Negative, sir.
O: Then your family?
Me: Yes, my cousin, sir.
O: Where?
Me: Chicago
O: I see, what district he works at and what's his batch number?
Me: I don't know, sir.
O: What do you mean, you don't know, ha?
Me: Well, he never reveals this info to me.
O: What's his name?
Me: Chris G
O: Can you call him on your cell phone now?
Me: ***me calling but Chris does not answer, I try again and again but voicemail only***
O: Alright, license and insurance card, please.
Me: ***giving him both***
O: I'll be right back.

After 3 minutes he gets back to me saying:
"Your record is spotless and I really don't understand how did you accomplish this by driving like that. So, I will give you a warning this time, for which I should give you a ticket because it's a construction zone and you almost doubled the limit."
Me: I'm sorry, sir. I really learned my lesson today and I will keep my speed within posted limits.
O: Have a good evening.

As I get back on the highway, he follows me for about 3 miles, then exits the highway.
When I told this story to my buddies at work they could not believe I got away with a warning only.

Last edited by 7twenty7; 01-17-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling