Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny I-95 "got pulled over" story.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:48 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Funny I-95 "got pulled over" story.

So I'm late for work this morning. Hit the road about 9:30, I always leave a bit late so I can get on the HOV lanes Northbound legally.

On the way out the door I realize, damn, left my wallet at the office yesterday. No drivers license... shit. Note to self, take it easy, NO GETTING PULLED OVER TODAY.

Hit I-95N, find a groove, turn on the V1 and roll, jump in the HOV at Dumfries...

Cruising through Woodbridge at about 80, following a worktruck and the V1 EXPLODES as I crest a hill right passed Potomoc Mills. OH... SHIITT. As I jam the clutch to neutral, I see the VA States Finest in one of those hot new Dodge Charger cruisers posted up in the center median radar gunning.
I'm not too worrried, I'm mid pack, he can't be interetsed in me.

2 miles up the road, he's on my tail, lights blaring.

So now I'm thinking... I might go to jail today.
- Speeding, "with the pack" is irrelevant
- No front plate, becasue that's not cool
- V1 -concealed- in the upper left corner of the window, but it's in there. If he looks in the right place, he'll see it.
- Windows tinted TOO dark.
- and the kicker... No F'ing drivers license... exactly what was NOT supposed to happen today.

Trooper gets out and apporaches the vehicle. I know the drill, make the trooper feel safe. Radio off, window down, seatbelt clearly on, and hands clearly visible on steering wheel.

The exchange... Keep in mind, he's looking the TL over inside and out during this conversation.
Trooper: Who you with?
me: excuse me officer?
Trooper: your hands on the wheel... trained...
me: Oh... Former Marine, I know the drill, I've been in your shoes before. Just trying to be safe.
Trooper: How fast were you going back there?
me: I dunno for sure... just flowing with traffic, pushin 75 maybe?
Trooper: Nope, you were "catchin up" - 82 when I gunned you, then you backed out to 79.
me: Wow, sorry about that, just going with the flow I thought.
Trooper: Where's your front plate?
me: (Partial BS here, I had my cracked windshield replaced Saturday) Ugh, officer, I was in a fender bender, which just got fixed Saturday, they replaced the windshield, you can even see where they screwed it up and broke some of the moulding (true, they busted the rain channel, fuckers), and reprayed the bumper. Plates in the trunk, and I'm waiting on a new bracket and a new moulding from the dealer.
Trooper: You do realize you need that?
me: Yessir, and it'll be on as soon as the parts come in.
Trooper: ... Alrigth then. I was gonna give you a ticket on the plate, but if you're waitin on parts, i understand... I'm gonna let you go today. Window tint looks a little dark, but I'm not worried about that right now. Turn on your blinker and carefully merge back into the lane. Have a good day.
me: You too officer, be safe.

I'm stunned at this point.
No plate run, no drivers license (which i didn't have)... and no ticket. UNBELIEVABLE!

I think the guy cut the former Marine a break... and being the Trooper motorhead in the hotrod Charger, he wanted a good look at the hottest dropped TL on Volks in Northern Virginia. He looked it over and over during our exchange.

I guess first impressionS REALLY are key, and he wanted to bust a juicier target than he thought he had. It pays to keep a cool head, know the rigth answers to the questions, and NOT piss off the trooper.All I can say is "holy crap", this never happen to me. Today was a good day.

I am reconsidering putting that front plate on... you get a lot of attention for not having that around here.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:55 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I think without having a license, at least in CA, it's just a small fine.

But yeah, you're right, the sooner you make the officer/deputy feel comfortable, you've increased your chances of them being pretty cool by a lot
Old 05-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Down for a photoshoot?

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
VERY LUCKY haha. Words wouldn't come out of my mouth if I was in a situation like that lol
Awesome job in acting cool throughout the entire incident!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good story ... and you are a pretty good writer too! It definitely helps if you know what to say in situations like this. I guess it also helps to be polite, respectful and calm.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
"No front plate, becasue that's not cool"

HAHAHAHAH
you are too funny man. good story.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 303 Likes on 177 Posts
dude....you really luck out....
Old 05-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Instructor

What's the point of a front plate unless they have speed cameras like in Europe.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:35 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by jay0k
What's the point of a front plate unless they have speed cameras like in Europe.

We have red light cameras over here.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Race Director

You are so lucky that cop could have raped you if he wanted to. (not litterally speaking)
Old 05-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Racer

You got lucky! Plain and simple, plus being the right "kind of guy" helped tremendously, believe it!

I'll admit it, I've been stopped a few too many times, but I learned as you prolly already know, cops are just doing their job. While I in NO WAY condone driving intoxicated, in my younger years I was stopped a couple of times and could have easily blown the limit and then some... But my attitude and demeanor scored me a short lecture and a, "I don't want to see you again."

In one incident I passed a state trooper like he was stopped, all I saw was whip antennas go by real fast... After I stopped and the trooper clearly smelled liquor, a "good smaritan" stopped and was blasting the trooper about how I cut him off 10-15 miles prior. I had a story that a friend spilled in the passenger seat and the trooper even smelled the floormat himself, there was nothing spilled... He let me go. I had paperwork, a legal vehicle and I wasn't spilling all over the place, but I was lit pretty good... Most notable though, I was calm, cooperative and empathetic. It saved my ass.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 AM
DuDeChEwY

damn....ur lucky
Old 05-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are very Lucky! That would have been a Reckless driving ticket and 6 points! If it's the same trooper that drives the Charger that I have seen, he usually works the Dulles Toll Road and I66. I have never seen him give a warning. Go play the lotto this week! ha..ha..! Oh and Radar Detectors are Worthless!!! As you just found out all they are good for is telling you that you just got Busted!! LOL!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Great story Chris
I especially liked this part

Originally Posted by Kennedy
- No front plate, because that's not cool.

oh and.......

- Turn on your blinker and carefully merge back into the lane.
was safely done thanks to your improvement of the limited factory sidemarker
Old 05-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
That's not too surprising. You were in the service, you did everything right, you had good answers to his questions, and you really didn't do anything too terribly wrong.
Not going w/ the flow of traffic on 95 will get you in an accident.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice story. Today was your lucky day.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:17 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by conan777
You are very Lucky! That would have been a Reckless driving ticket and 6 points! If it's the same trooper that drives the Charger that I have seen, he usually works the Dulles Toll Road and I66. I have never seen him give a warning. Go play the lotto this week! ha..ha..! Oh and Radar Detectors are Worthless!!! As you just found out all they are good for is telling you that you just got Busted!! LOL!
(Raising my hand!!) Oooo - ooooo - can I tell my story now Mr. Christopher?

Yeah, ok good! I quoted you Conan because this happened to me near where you are talking about!

I was on my way from Germantown, Md. to pick up the gf from Dulles Arpt. on May 6. Why do I remember the date? Because that was my birthday! Don't worry, I forgive all of you for not wishing me a happy birthday...but I digress! LOL! Anyhoo...I was speeding coming across American Legion Bridge from MD, doing 75-80 depending on traffic, but mostly 80. Frankly, is it me, but does this car just automatically go to 80 if you are on the highway??? So, I am working my way thru traffic, at about 8:25pm that night, running late (just like Chris) and I had my license on me, but I had 2 court dates coming up for tickets, so I said once I hit the toll road, I will slow down, because I can't see your VA finest in those damn ditches along the toll road!!! Plus, I have no radar!

Sooo, what the hell do you think happened? I made good time, made it to where the toll road exit was and BAMMM - my rear window is getting lit up like the star spangled banner!!! They pulled me over right just before the toll road exit!! I was sitting in the merge lane!! I was pissed at myself!!

So, the cop comes to the car, and Chris, seriously, I am just like you in that I turn off the radio and put my hands on the steering wheel! I say all the right things to minimize the drama! So the guy comes up (surprised me on the passenger side, so thank God I had no radar!) and dialogue goes like this:

Tap, tap on window...I roll it down...

Him: Good evening sir!
Me: Good evening officer!
(He peered in window, leaning on door) Him: So, what's the hurry tonight?
Me: I'm on my way to Dulles to pick up the gf and I am running a little late
Him: What time are you supposed to be there?
Me: 8:25, and I told him the flight number
Keep in mind that the entire time we are talking, not only is he checking out my car, but I have my license and reg in my hand and he isn't taking it, despite me keep motioning it to him!
Him: Well, how fast do you think you were going?
(yes, this is the part where I lie) Me: I think about 65 - 70. I know I was going a little fast officer, but I was mindful of traffic.
Him: (Laughing) No sir, I was following you for about a mile, and I paced you doing 80 consistently!
Me: Well, I acknowledged that I was speeding some, but I didn't know like that! Wow!
Him: You didn't notice all of those cars you were passing back there?
Me: Yes. I guess I was going a little fast sir.
Him: Ok. License and reg please.

So I gave it to him. He goes back to the car to run the plates I guess. Then after awhile he comes back. Meantime I'm like damn! 3 tickets in a month's time! Shit! I gotta get a V1!! He comes back to the car.

Him: Ok, I'm going to let you go this time. He looks around at the car. In and out. He says, this is a nice car. I know you have this new Acura, sporty looking and whatnot, but if you look at the time, you are already late. I want you to be able to make it there ok. So be safe and drive carefully! You're getting ready to take this exit right?
Me: Thank you officer! Yes sir, I am!
Him: Ok, be safe!

And that's all!! When he said he knew I was going 80, I was like damn! VA don't play! That's my ass!! But nope! Maybe he saw it was my birthday (on license in MD), maybe he liked the ride, whatever - I got a get out of jail free card that night!!!

So Chris, I can empathize 100%!!!! Whew!
Old 05-24-2007, 02:03 AM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha, i had a similar encounter.. and thanks to YOU GUYS! i found out about "making the officer feel safe" radio off, turned on my cabin lights, had my license and everythin out ready, and hands on the wheel! that may have just saved me

i got pulled over for runnin a red comming home from work

officer: do you know why i pulled you over?
me: cuz i ran that yellow
officer: yellow? more like red...
me: yeah... sorry i know
officer: where you comming from?
me: work, i work at jambajuice right around the corner
officer: oh, alright.. i see your jambajuice shirt in the back.. what size is it?
me: uhhh its a medium you want it? lol
officer: na.. its ok youre lucky its fuckin cold tonight.. and youre young.. dont be doing stupid shit like that, you'll get caught up alright?
me: wowo thanks..

so i ended up giving him a free smoothie card hahaha but i was really surprised he said "its fuckin cold tonight, dont be doin stupid shit like runnin a red" he was kinda young himself
Old 05-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I think the TL brings me luck when I drive it. When I drove my G35 Coupe 10 over the speed limit on the freeway, I got pulled over. I was ready to give the normal drill... Except cop didn't even ask me for anything. Just asked if the car was mine. When I nodded, he walked back to his bike, and came back with a ticket and handed it to me and went back to his bike.

Fast forward a few months... I was driving the wife's TL... I was in a bad mood becuase people were driving under the speed limit. I worked my way around everyone, got in an open lane, and gunned it to pass everyone. Just as I did that, I noticed a cop hiding on the side of the road. I look at the speedo, and it was near 70, and I knew I was in a 40 zone. (Don't worry this is a long straight road, with no buildings/inhabitants/etc. Just empty cul-de-sacs.

Anyways, I knew I was busted, when I saw him spin his tires to jump onto the road to chase me down. I watched in my rearview mirror as he was madly swerving around cars to catch up. Since I knew I was busted anyways, I just pulled over and waited for him to catch up.

When he finally caught up, he walked up to my window and asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I said, "Yeah, because I was speeding back there".

He asked if I knew how fast I was going.

Since I've never gotten a warning in my life, I figured why not... So I said, "Yeah, I was going at least 60".

He said, "Do you know what the speed limit is?"

I said, "Yeah, I think it's 45".

He asks, "Do you want a ticket today?"
I respond, "That's not my decision to make, that's yours"
He asks, "Huh? Do you want a ticket or not?"
I respond, "Of course nobody WANTS to get a ticket, but I was blatantly speeding back there".

He responds, "In 15 years of patrolling this area, you are the first to not ask for a warning."
He goes on to tell me how they local PD is using this section of road as a sting/trap, actually paying overtime to enforce speed. He tells me to be careful and to not speed on this section of road, because he knows how easy it is because how wide/open/empty the street is. He sent me on my way with simply a warning
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
go buy a lottery tix now! could have gone left whether you were nice and playing it safe or not. what i don't get is that you knew you didn't have your d/l w/ ya but ya still sped?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:13 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Nice story.

I got puller over last wednesday and then again on saturday night due to my window tint. So I did good and got a razor blade and some ammonia and scraped it all off. I survived an entire 2.5 years with the 5% window tint until this past week. The second officer told me the reasoning behind the all of a sudden interest in the window tint...they're doing some type of operation and they're turning up guns and drugs in a lot of the vehicles with dark windows.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Racer

i got a ticket yesterday in the city o na failed meter. i hope that sonuvabitch gets hit by a truck and burns alive.
the meters should be freakin working and not failed, giving u 2 hrs parkign time instead of miraculously cop shwos up 5 min after i leave my car and coem sback exactly 1 hour later to give me a ticket.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Kennedy, You might want to put that plate back on. That Trooper, if he sees you next time, you'll get a ticket for everything. I know it looks like shit, but VA. doesn't play. Get you a new plate holder and paint it to match the color of your car, WDP right. I did it with mine, it looks pretty good.

<br>
Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

In the middle of this escapde, you were the first guy I thought of. I was thinking of doing exactly that, and having my engine cover painted to match. Who did your paintwork for you?

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
Kennedy, You might want to put that plate back on. That Trooper, if he sees you next time, you'll get a ticket for everything. I know it looks like shit, but VA. doesn't play. Get you a new plate holder and paint it to match the color of your car, WDP right. I did it with mine, it looks pretty good.

<br>
Old 05-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Great story (stories)! I was thinking the same thing as ggesq...go buy a lottery ticket.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:49 AM
nnInn

In the middle of this escapde, you were the first guy I thought of. I was thinking of doing exactly that, and having my engine cover painted to match. Who did your paintwork for you?
Craftsman AutoBody in Chantilly. Willard Rd. It's not a 100% match, but it looks pretty good. I also got new tags, much cleaner now. This pic is old.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Racer

Kennedy didn't know you were a Marine but I'd say it helps when getting pulled over. It's helped me numerous times since i had my tint done. 2 incidents I wouldn't forget since I could have gotten alot of shit for it.

1 incidecent I will never forget. I was driving with s suspended license (had no idea).
I got a speeding ticket in Pa doing a 80 over 65 a week before I left for boot camp. I finish up with Boot Camp and SOI (School of Infantry) and i come home . Well I've been driving around for about 6 months not knowing I had a suspended license. I get my windows tinted and about a week of getting my tint I get pulled over.

Like you i do the same procedure. All windows down, radio off, hands in view and documents at the ready. I also turned off into a condo development to get out of the traffic.

Officer - Hey buddy whats up?
Me - Hello, Sir, How are you?
Officer - Good, Do you know why i pulled you over?
Me- Yes sir its probably cuz of the tint. as I hand him my documents)
Officer - Yes. (as he looks at the document). Lemme see your Military ID.
Me - With a puzzled look I give that to him then he hands it back
Officer - ok I'll be right back I'm just gonna check on you

he heads back and in about 5 min he comes back

Officer - Ok Carlos.. Do you know that your license is suspended?
Me - What? no sir I had no clue..
Officer - ok do u have any idea of what could cause this?
Me - I don't remember, Sir. I mean I was away for Boot Camp and TRaining for pretty much the whole year.
Officer - Yea I understand that, But you weren't driving around in N. Carlina, or S. Carolina were you?
Me - Wel i drove up the rest of the way from Maryland after My graduation.
Officer - Oh ok. Well I could take you in but I'm not going to since you're in the Corps. I have this other stupid call I'm gonna go to but go straight home and keep your windows down. 80% of the other cops wouldn't let you go over a suspended license. Just drive carefully.
Me - Oh shit, thank you sir and i shake his hand
Officer - He looks at me and says "Semper Fi" and just walks back to the car.

That made my day.

On the Turnpike NJ State Trooper was following me from a distance for about 2 miles he said. I saw him come up to my driver side blind spot and stayed there for about 5 min. Then he pulls me over.

Same procedure's
Trooper comes up to the passenger side.

Trooper - Hello, Sir... Trooper XXXXX, hw are you today?
Me - How are you, Sir as I hand him my documents
Trooper - Well do you know why i pulled you over?
Me - Yes sir it was probably for my tint
Trooper - Well I got you for speeding. I was pacing you fr about 2 miles going 80-85 passing cars the whole way, also your tint is too dark I wasn't able to see in. So are you home on leave?
Me - No, Sir I'm a reservist.
Trooper - oh ok, where are you headed?
Me- Well, Sir I'm actually driving down to your State PD Head Quarters in Trenton for Career Night that is tomorrow for the application process.
Trooper - Oh tomorrow, At what time and why are you going there now?
Me - Well I figure I'll take a drive that way I know where I'm going tomorrow.
Trooper - Oh ok. He then asks when where and whats it about. I guess so he knows I'm not BSing him.
Hands me the documents and just tells me to do him a favor and slow down and drive carefully and then thanks me for my service and heads back to his car.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

while we are on the topic, i might as well share my story....

I have mentioned it once, but i didnt go into detail.

I was coming back from a date with the wicked witch of the west (my ex), and im pulling into her subdivision. While I do that I see two troopers... STATIES.... in a subdivision! so I thought a murder or something must have happened...

anyway, im pretty familiar with police and how they work - and how they work together ... so im pulling into the subdivision that has no lights/sidewalks going down the hill... to give you an idea, this particular block is like an island amongst many others, there is a road all around it... so one cop goes around and the other one trails behind me, getting my plates and watching for what im doing... when i drove past them i made eye contact with them and i saw them look at eachother between their sqauds... my gf didnt know at the time but i knew i would have my backend lit up pretty soon. i didnt want to do it in front of her house, which was about 5 or 6 away, so i go down the road, miss her driveway and i tell her to put her seatbelt back on.

she asked why and i said just do it, sure enough, as i get to the corner, the other cop is sitting there waiting for me. i make a left into a dead and and she starts getting scared cuz she dosent know what is up. the cop followed me in and did the u banger with me and i pulled over shut the car off turned off the radio.

amanda: what are you doing?
me: just chill, they are pulling me over...
amanda: what do you mean? how do you know? why is the sky blue (20 questions is her favorite game)
me: just CHILL

*whooop whooop* cops shines the high beam right in my mirror and into my eyes

cop comes up:

cop: good evening
me: evenin' , sir
cop: whats goin' on tonight? where ya headed?
me: just droppin my girlfriend off
cop: REALLY? where does she live
me: right around the corner on Takoma...
cop: well why are you in here?
me: i knew you were gonna pull me over, and i didnt want to do it while her parents watched
cop: LOL I hear ya - can I see some ID please
*gets ID*
cop: wow, she really does live there, you werent lyin lol
me: i know better than to lie to a cop, my dad is one
cop: good deal, well my partner and i pulled you over because there has been a few complaints of suspicous activity and a stolen car a couple of weeks ago...
me: really?
amanda: yeah i heard about that
cop: to be honest i was just makin sure you didnt steal this car, i saw you looked a littler younger and having one of these myself, i know they aren't cheap

i figure this would be a good time to chit chate so we started talking about his anthracite 6spd and how much he likes it.

longer story a little shorter: he let me go. he thought i stole my TL LOL it was kinda funny.

when he asked if I knew why he pulled me over i did everything in my power NOT to say

"Cuz im young, and Im black, and My hatz real low... do I look like a mind reader, sir I dont know...."

for those of you who listen to rap youll know what im talking about - plus im white, so that woulda been kinda funny too LOL
Old 05-24-2007, 10:58 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
amanda: what are you doing?
me: just chill, they are pulling me over...
amanda: what do you mean? how do you know? why is the sky blue (20 questions is her favorite game)
me: just CHILL

*whooop whooop* cops shines the high beam right in my mirror and into my eyes

when he asked if I knew why he pulled me over i did everything in my power NOT to say

"Cuz im young, and Im black, and My hatz real low... do I look like a mind reader, sir I dont know...."

for those of you who listen to rap youll know what im talking about - plus im white, so that woulda been kinda funny too LOL
Hahahahaha...funny ass story! 20 questions...ain't it the truth!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

you really did lucky.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Nice kill! lol
Old 05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Race Director

Alright I got one too. Just a little backround I live in area of charlotte called ballantyne which is known to have some really stuck up snobs in it. My address also has the word ballantyne in it.

So its a formal night at my school so I have me and a girl all dressed up in the car. We are driving in this nowhere town that boarders charlotte and im driving on this road going 65 in a 35. This is all happening in my dads fairly new Avaitor. Now theres a slow truck up ahead so i start to slow down as well. Now my turn is coming up I check my rearview and there is NOBODY behind me I didnt even want to use my blinker since there was nobody there but for some reason I did and thank God because right after I turned flashing lights.

So radio off. I didnt have time to get my papers since he was up there in 2 seconds.

Officer: License and registration.
Me: Yes sir. (got my paperwork)
Officer: Where are you heading to tonight in such a hurry.
Me: A friends house sir.
Officer: I clocked you back there at 48 in a 38 errrrr 35. (I can specifically remember him messing up the numbers like that)

So he goes back to his car and we are sitting there waiting. Im in a tux and shes in a dress so we are looking pretty formal. So after a few minutes he comes back

Officer: Now look I dont know how they do things out there in ballantyne but in my town we dont speed.
Me: Yes sir.
Officer: Now I just want you to have a nice safe fun prom. (handed me my paperwork)

Now im not even sure I can go yet but sure enough he turns off his lights and I was like wow I diffenenlty thought I was getting a ticket. I really wanted to say it wasnt prom you asshole but I wasnt about to agure that.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:01 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

You know what guys...since the theme seems to be "getting out of a ticket"...I got one even better than any of these we are posting right now! I remember it just like it was yesterday! You'll see why!

About 10 years ago, I was on my way to work, going up Massachussettes Ave in NW DC (running late as hell - with the boss threatening my ass fresh in my mind) about 6:45 AM on a weekday. As I approached the traffic light of the circle at American University, in my red MT Daytona Turbo Z, the light was yellow. I knew I was too far back to beat the red, but fuck it, I gunned it anyway! It turned red just before I got there, and since I'm no quitter...I kept going anyway! Put those damn flame guns down because it wasn't anybody around at the time but God and DC Metro's finest, conveniently parked on the side where they could see me, but I couldn't see them until I already ran it! AAARRRGGGHHH!! This is gonna hurt I said! LOL!!

I just pulled my ass over, put the window down, turned off my sounds and got out the info to speed things up. I didn't even look up, I just held them up in my hand. Arrogant, and running red lights! What a youngster!

Dialogue:

Cop: Good morning sir!
Me: Good morning officer!
Cop: Sir, why are you in such a hurry this morning?
Me: (still not even looking up) I was running late for work and I thought I could make the light.
Her (cop): Hmm...You don't even recognize me do you?
Me: (stunned momentarily, then played it off) Huh? I said, as I looked up.

Now, I was prepared to lie to get out of this ticket even if I didn't remember her! LOL! But I looked up, and lo and behold...it was a chick that had a crush on me in high school!!!! The in me made me immediately shift from "prey" to the "hunter"!! I remembered the days I used to "freak" her in the stairways in high school, but never really going beyond that! Imagine the joy in me when I saw it was her! Although, that same thing could have been bad for me too! Yikes! LOL!

Me: Wow, ###### is that you? Man, you been drinking milk girl! You look good! And you're a cop too? Whaatttt??? So how have you been?
Her: I've been ok, blah, blah, blah...and yourself?
Me: Well, I have a little thing going on with somebody right now, but I think of my options all the time. (Hell, I was married with my daughter's mom, but shit I was lying my ass off that day!!!! Hahahahahaha)
Her: You are still the same! I bet your ass is married! (laughing). Well, it really is nice seeing you again. She wrote her number down on a piece of paper. Call me sometime she said, maybe we can hook up next weekend. I have to go out of town this weekend. (I remember it all) Try to slow down and be careful, we sit out here a lot looking for people like you! Hahahaha! Take care, bye!
Me: Alright, you do the same! You know I couldn't pursue it! Didn't you had heard what I just said about the wife and kid? But it was there for me all laid out on a platter! I tossed the number out the window when I went around the corner. Anyway, I got out of the ticket and never went that way again! (Confucious say: Him that don't put himself in way of temptation...be financially better off!)

Still one of my all-time fave stories! Like I always say nephew: It ain't easy!!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Definitely lucky indeed. Since we're telling stories , I was going home from work one day and it was really bumper to bumper. So, I decided to cut through the clutter and took some side streets until I could get back on the highway again. Well, I finally got to the highway again and I gunned it towards 90. I went by so fast I had passed not just a cop car, but a state trooper, and thought I'd definitely get busted after I had looked in my rear view mirror. So, I slowed down a bit and thought he was coming for me, but he was more interested in the black Corvette instead.

So it wasn't really a "pulled over" story, but it's a "got away" story.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:24 PM
nnInn

Kennedy, I saw your Trooper in his nice shiny Charger giving somebody a ticket in the HOV lanes today.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:08 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by jupitersolo
Kennedy, I saw your Trooper in his nice shiny Charger giving somebody a ticket in the HOV lanes today.
That's funny... I did to, I was late out the door this morning, so i had to make the "crawl"... saw him just south of the Occoquan bridge.

That's overtime pay they're makin there...
Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 AM
S E L L

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by ecliptics
haha, i had a similar encounter.. and thanks to YOU GUYS! i found out about "making the officer feel safe" radio off, turned on my cabin lights, had my license and everythin out ready, and hands on the wheel! that may have just saved me

i got pulled over for runnin a red comming home from work

officer: do you know why i pulled you over?
me: cuz i ran that yellow
officer: yellow? more like red...
me: yeah... sorry i know
officer: where you comming from?
me: work, i work at jambajuice right around the corner
officer: oh, alright.. i see your jambajuice shirt in the back.. what size is it?
me: uhhh its a medium you want it? lol
officer: na.. its ok youre lucky its fuckin cold tonight.. and youre young.. dont be doing stupid shit like that, you'll get caught up alright?
me: wowo thanks..

so i ended up giving him a free smoothie card hahaha but i was really surprised he said "its fuckin cold tonight, dont be doin stupid shit like runnin a red" he was kinda young himself
He's right, you shouldn't have been doing stupid shit like that. I've seen so many wrecks because people run red lights to save like what...3 minutes?!? Not worth your life or your car. :shakehead

And how the f**k can you afford a TL working at Jamba Juice?!?
Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
3.2TL

Let me tell you guys. I have an amazing story. Some backround real quick....

Born in NY, Raised in Jersey all my life (dont remember living in NY) and now Im in NC since aug 05'

So being the Colombian I am, I'm Automatically in the Cartel, since day one of my life. So like 3.5 months ago, I had to terminate someone. The day I did it I had just cleaned my trunk out, vaccumed, put the smelly tree back there so it was great! Althought the body was in a black bag, I didnt want it back there so I put it on the passenger seat. So Im rolling down to my friends dock (Has a house on Lake Norman, with a dock in his backyard to be exact) to drop the body off but of course, cops here in Mooresville stop every car they see between the time of 2-5 AM. I got all the papers in hand and he comes up and says, " License and Reg... Ohh I see you have it ready; Ill be right back" He comes back and says, " Whats in that black bag?", and as any normal person would say: Dead Deer, Pillows, Poultry; I say Poultry. He laughs and says, "Make sure I dont read about that body tommorow in the paper" PEACE OUT COPPER-- HELLO DOCK!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:29 AM
3.2TL

j/k
Old 06-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

not gonna lie.. that just about ruined the thread.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:23 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Yup...I was definitely expecting the "gotta go" on that one! Not good.

Quick Reply: Funny I-95 "got pulled over" story.