Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny I-95 "got pulled over" story.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 AM
lilvinnyb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Plate

After almost a year and a half, I finally got a ticket for no front plate. I admitted to the cop that I took it off.

This was obviously some rookie cop, pulling his first traffic assignment. He was in my neighborhood sitting at a stop sign during lunch time.

I've gone by hundreds of local police....even those looking for speeders. Hell...how many cars have you seen with "Redskin" tags or some other team on their front plate. They may though, tack it on to a speeding ticket or something more severe.

Just to let you know how I think this guy was a rookie......HE TOLD ME THAT THE TINT ON THE TOP 6 INCHES OF MY FRONT WIND SHIELD WAS ILLEGAL.

I laughed when he said that.

Officer: Sir, I don't appreciate you laughing at me when i told you about the windshield.
Response: Officer, that came with the car.
Officer: Was it used?
Response: No, brand new:
Officer: Well the tint can't be no longer than this credit card.
Response: Well, you need to talk to Pohanka Acura about that.
Officer: I'm not going to talk to Pohanka Acura sir.

He wrote me a ticket!

I was going to tell him I was told that no cop will pull you over for no front plate as a "FIRST OFFENSE" unless he's a rookie or having a bad day. I figured it would not go over too well.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lilvinnyb
After almost a year and a half, I finally got a ticket for no front plate. I admitted to the cop that I took it off.

This was obviously some rookie cop, pulling his first traffic assignment. He was in my neighborhood sitting at a stop sign during lunch time.

I've gone by hundreds of local police....even those looking for speeders. Hell...how many cars have you seen with "Redskin" tags or some other team on their front plate. They may though, tack it on to a speeding ticket or something more severe.

Just to let you know how I think this guy was a rookie......HE TOLD ME THAT THE TINT ON THE TOP 6 INCHES OF MY FRONT WIND SHIELD WAS ILLEGAL.

I laughed when he said that.

Officer: Sir, I don't appreciate you laughing at me when i told you about the windshield.
Response: Officer, that came with the car.
Officer: Was it used?
Response: No, brand new:
Officer: Well the tint can't be no longer than this credit card.
Response: Well, you need to talk to Pohanka Acura about that.
Officer: I'm not going to talk to Pohanka Acura sir.

He wrote me a ticket!

I was going to tell him I was told that no cop will pull you over for no front plate as a "FIRST OFFENSE" unless he's a rookie or having a bad day. I figured it would not go over too well.
And what has Little Vinny learned for his lesson?:

and...

"Redskins" goes on the back:

Nuf said!
Old 06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
This ones kind of unique. I thought I was just being courteous.

I'm heading to Annapolis, take the RT 50 east exit off the Beltway. There is a tremendously long curving ramp banked just right onto RT 50 from there and I was all by myself so I'm thinking "Hey, rally time!"
When I finally get onto RT 50 I'm still alone so I'm just cruising about 80. No radar detector - just looking carefully up the road. I crest a hill and the road at this point is dead straight for about 2 miles. About a mile up the road I see him, on the shoulder, old type "hang out the side window" radar unit just waiting. I immediately look down and see me dropping just below 80 at this point (Speed limit was still 55 there) but it was already too late. Once you see them they've already got you.
I knew I was toast, no one else around me and I drove right into the "trap".
Well, rather than just drive by and since I knew I was a gonner I put on my right turn signal, and slowly coasted to a stop on the shoulder right behind him. He gets out of his car, walks back to me and asks if everything is OK. I said, "I saw you as soon as I came over the hill. I was speeding. I knew you had me, I figured I'd just save you the trouble of having to pull out to stop me".

He smiles, shakes his head, tells me to slow down and have a nice day and walks back to his car. I was floored.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
lilvinnyb

Good one.

Originally Posted by darksom1
And what has Little Vinny learned for his lesson?:

and...

"Redskins" goes on the back:

Nuf said!
Old 06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Racer

Just out of curiousity, why do people on this forum blur their license plate digits when showing something on their cars? Every stranger on the road can see your car and the letters/numbers on your plate...unless the blur here is just my eyesight.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:55 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
It's a little more personal here, people have a little more information on you here. As well ANYBODY can copy and paste your photos to anyplace on the web. I wouldn't doubt that some African scam artist has used the pictures on this board to try and sell someone a car.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:31 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
crafty marines
Old 06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Racer

that is funny, i cant believe he didnt even ask you for your license

i got pulled over the night for the same thing, he asked me why he pulled me over and i said i dont know, he said tints and license plate, response oh yea the license plate just fell off the other day (thinking in my head damn 3rd time getting pulled over for that in the past 6 months while the first year i had the car with no plate and tints never got pulled over),

no ticket thankfully

it isnt cool to have a front license, haha , you have to show the acura
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by carguyrob
Just out of curiousity, why do people on this forum blur their license plate digits when showing something on their cars? Every stranger on the road can see your car and the letters/numbers on your plate...unless the blur here is just my eyesight.
I don't believe in that blurring shit! I can't tell jack about anybody here whether they blur or not! Nor do I want to. It might catch my eye to figure out if it's catchy enuf tho. Me, I like to be different and I made the shit catchy for a reason. So people can eat my dust and have something to read while they are back there! I'll worry about it if I ever go over someone's house on here and they have a "shrine" built for me! Hahahahaha!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
05 TL NBP 6spd S front

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
you are a lucky guy
I had a smilar story
When I arrive to Quantico I had a acura integra Tinted windows just like we doit in LA
I got pulled over in the HOV for my tint. The state tropper was not driving she was just standng in the middle of the road I try to play the Marine card but it did not work it was a female state trooper.
The best way of getting away of not having your front plate is just simple have your vehicle register in a different state.
They do not know if your state only gives you one plate or two
later
I spoke with Cdat and he sais your car looks great.
I think we should do a little acura meet in stafford, woodbridge, quantico, fredericksburg area
Old 08-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL phew!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Life Long Acura Fiend

Damn your lucky. Good Job!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Darn ..wish i was lucky.

"DOVER — Police in Delaware issued 840 speeding citations, including nearly 200 in one week, in the first month of a statewide crackdown on speeding."

Guess who got 2 tickets with in 2 months 1st ticket they clocked me at 87mph ..My fault. (was tired after work and radio was loud to keep me from doozing off.

2nd ticket got a few weeks ago...still have no idea where they got me from (clocked me at 80mph). I got a V1 and i tired it on "L" mode that day and it didnt go off. I was going pretty fast on a bridge (90mph, I dont usually do that) and slow down at the end and there was a cop up there just pulling to the grassy medium..waiting for me to pass. My radar was not going off, so he couldnt of clocked me.

Do they have cameras on bridges now??? me passing other cars?? Also, only ask for my driver license, no registration or insurance. Thought that was strange.

I been passing that area for days now still confused where they get me from.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you lucky bastards

Funny this thread should show up. I just got a ticket the other day
Man was it awesome, I left my license in my bros car and he took off. I tried to catch up with him before he hit the highway. Went down this big ass hill, passed a truck that was going too slow, than bam spotted the moto-cop. No license, 20 over, proof of insurance was expired.

Was planning on getting tints and new tires, not no more
Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Advanced

Hey guy's first don't flame me for what I am about to say please.

As a street patrolmen for the last 25yrs here in MA I can say that I have heard all the BS that drivers can think of, From was I really to Officer I was just trying to dry my nails to I ran that Red light right infront of you because the brakes are soft and I did not want to skid to the stop.

Fact is when I come up to the car and ask the question the answer that comes out of the drivers mouth is what gets him/her the ticket or not.
Be stight up with me and you stand a very good chance of driving away with nothing more than us talking.

Play me for the fool and I will hit you with every thing I can find and on some cars that is not just one citation it may mean that I have to sit there and write several to get all the items I find.

Most officers cut people breaks all the time we are not all bad asses as we are made out to be.
with some people my fav line to them is I was born at night but it was not last night, if you all catch the drift.

Don't make the officer work to get the right answers be stright up with him and milt or not you are way ahead in going on your way.

piss him/her off and bang you just talked yourself into the ticket all on your own.

Try to remember its a job to us we are not out to get you we are just trying to pay for the TL's that we have in the driveway.

so like I stated be stright with us and 9 times out of 10 you rock that is ofcourse there are no warrants lurking out there for you as we have no choice at that point but to take you and your tags and lic are ok.

If you do not belive that I am what I say I am point IE or what ever you use to get here to www.bento.org and put pointer over mark and joannes's place then click on bad day at work, that should get your atten.

Mark
Old 08-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
about the front plate....

you are right, not cool, exactly what I thought until I got pulled over for a third time for not having it on. Once the cop pulls me over for that he just finds excuses to give me a ticket like my tint is too dark......whatever. Being a woman I usually get out of it but I decieded to put my front plate on anyway. Only women and :theghey: will appreciate this but I got a pretty crystal licence plate frame for it, if i gotta have it on i may as well make it HOTT! Oh wait, I forgot there is not way you can make a front plate HOTT
Old 08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by markbento
Hey guy's first don't flame me for what I am about to say please.

As a street patrolmen for the last 25yrs here in MA I can say that I have heard all the BS that drivers can think of, From was I really to Officer I was just trying to dry my nails to I ran that Red light right infront of you because the brakes are soft and I did not want to skid to the stop.

Fact is when I come up to the car and ask the question the answer that comes out of the drivers mouth is what gets him/her the ticket or not.
Be stight up with me and you stand a very good chance of driving away with nothing more than us talking.

Play me for the fool and I will hit you with every thing I can find and on some cars that is not just one citation it may mean that I have to sit there and write several to get all the items I find.

Most officers cut people breaks all the time we are not all bad asses as we are made out to be.
with some people my fav line to them is I was born at night but it was not last night, if you all catch the drift.

Don't make the officer work to get the right answers be stright up with him and milt or not you are way ahead in going on your way.

piss him/her off and bang you just talked yourself into the ticket all on your own.

Try to remember its a job to us we are not out to get you we are just trying to pay for the TL's that we have in the driveway.

so like I stated be stright with us and 9 times out of 10 you rock that is ofcourse there are no warrants lurking out there for you as we have no choice at that point but to take you and your tags and lic are ok.

If you do not belive that I am what I say I am point IE or what ever you use to get here to www.bento.org and put pointer over mark and joannes's place then click on bad day at work, that should get your atten.

Mark
Very true.

My ex works for Loundon County and he would pull people all the time when we were talking and he would tell me about the BS story they gave... and some of them, were just so insane. I couldn't help but to laugh.... It was real fun when I got to pick whether or not they got a ticket... oh, the fun times....

Anyway, I agree. I'm just upfront... my last ticket (81 in a 45) - He didn't even ask my why I was speeding.. he asked why I didn't slow down even after he was behind me.. and I told him "To be honest? You already had me going 80+, what was the harm in staying below that?..." and he chuckled and just wrote me a failure to obey highway sign ticket and we went on our way.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
I got stopped earlier this year on VA-236 just east of Fairfax City. I was running errands and realized that I had left something at my mother and father's house when I had gone over for dinner the previous weekend, so since I was in the area I decided to stop in to retrieve it. Getting to their place from eastbound 236 requires a left turn and the road was under construction at the time; the left-turn lane was way too short and the traffic stopped for the red light extended past the end of the lane. But there was a nice wide shoulder and I could tell by which traffic was turning that if I used the shoulder I could make it in time to get the green arrow. So that's what I did, but as I did it I saw there was a cop in the left thru lane. Big deal, I said; he won't hassle me.

Wrong, of course. I made the left turn and the cop pulled out and followed me, then put his lights on. There's a fire station there, so I passed the fire station, then pulled over, put on my flashers, opened the window, and put my hands on the wheel. I did NOT get out my license or registration because that would have involved digging around in the center armrest and I didn't want him to think I was doing something illegal.

First thing I said to him, before he said anything, was "I hope you don't mind that I went a bit down the road before stopping, but I thought it was a bad idea to stop right outside the fire station if they got a call." Of course he had no problem with that.

I forget the exact exchange, but when he asked why he stopped me I played dumb. Of course I knew it's illegal to drive on the shoulder, even to access the left-turn lane, but give me a break....who wouldn't do that? His rationale for pulling me over was to point out to me that "if you get in an accident, whose fault is it?" (Of course it's my fault, but what does that have to do with anything?)

He asked for my license and registration and I was thinking, "Fuck, you're REALLY going to ticket me?" But instead of saying that, which would have ensured a ticket, I told him where in my car I was going to dig to get the two documents; he said I didn't need to explain and I said, "I just don't want you to think I might be trying to pull something when I need to reach to two different places in my car." (My license is always in my wallet in the center armrest, but my registration is in a small notebook I keep in the driver's side map pocket.) So I gave them to him and he went back to his car, took a few minutes....and came back and handed me a warning. Funny thing is that he told me that the warning stays in their system for about 90 days, to which I replied, "I'm surprised you're telling me that part, Officer....some people would say, 'Oh good, I don't need to worry anymore' after the 90 days are up." To his credit he laughed and let me go.

There's something to be said for playing by their rules. Open the window in advance unless it's raining or unless you've been drinking, put your hands on the wheel where they can see them, turn off the radio, for God's sake don't be using your cell phone, and if it's night turn on your interior lights. Also, don't pull over immediately if you're not in a good place to do it—find a safe place and show some common sense, as long as you can make it clear to the cop that you're not trying to run.

(Ms1995hoo got pulled over on Backlick Road in Springfield for going 50 in a 30 mph zone in her RSX Type-S. She hadn't had the car for long and she was fumbling with the window controls because they were different from her old car. She then apologized to the cop—"Sorry, I just got this car and the controls are different from my old one and I keep hitting the window buttons the wrong way." He asked her what her old car was and she said, "It was a little Mazda." He told her, "Well, ma'am, I'll let you go, but just be careful, this is a very fast car and you have to watch those speed limits. "Little Mazda"????? LOL.....I'm sure he was picturing a Mazda Protege. The car was in fact an RX-7. If she told him "RX-7" he'd have given her the ticket for sure!)
Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by jay0k
What's the point of a front plate unless they have speed cameras like in Europe.
In states that use lidar (laser) speed enforcement, the front plate gives the cop a good target off of which to bounce the laser beam.

In the DC/MD/VA area, the front plate is irrelevant for the red-light and photo radar cameras because they photograph the rear of your car. This makes eminent sense, because not all states/provinces require a front plate, yet certainly people with no front plate can still speed or run red lights.

Virginia has had the front plate law at least since 1974 (when we moved back to Virginia after two years in Texas) and they'll never change it, at least not any time soon. They did NOT have that law in the 1969 to 1971 timeframe—my father saves his old license plates and he only had one plate for each of those years. Stupid law, but the police insist they need to have the two plates to assist in vehicle identification. On some cars the front plate really looks like crap. I remember when someone wrote in to Car and Driver to say that a front plate makes a Mazda RX-8 look like Bugs Bunny because of the way the plate hangs in front of the air intake grille.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy fucking thread revival....

Old 08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

I gotta share my get-a-way as well.

I remember this about 4-5 years ago(not exactly sure). My buddy had come back from Florida(He moved there for 3-4 years), and we hung out a bit. We picked up a 12 pack and chilled for a little. After we finished the 12 pack at my house, a friend called us over, and we took off. I was taking a road that changes from 30-40 MPH. I usually only go 5 MPH over, but that night, I think I was at 40 on the 30 MPH portion of that road. Anyways, as I turned into the division, a cop flashed his lights.

He came up to the window, and I did my thing. I had my license out, radio off... blah blah all that good stuff. He told me I was speeding, and I told him he must have caught the wrong guy because I check my speedometer every couple minutes(which I do). And he argues he gunned me, so I asked to see his radar.

He agreed, so I walked out of my car, and we walked together to the police car. He points to me the radar and showed me the number blinking, that was my speed at the time. I apologized for speeding, and he let me go. I knew he smelled alcohol, but probably didn't give a shit at the time, and I also told him my friend lived no more than 100 feet down this street.

We both laughed it off later, but it was pretty scary being in that situation.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Racer

I wouldn't be bragging about drinking a 12 pack then driving.......never mind, my comment has nothing to do with getting out of tickets
Old 08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
crazy
Old 08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Where is Kennedy anyway...

I was over by your house all this week.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:34 AM
from d.c. to tennessee

Fairfax county police don't like to do anyone favors it seems. I'm from the area and this past June I was up there visiting. It was about 1:30 in the morning and I was leaving the pool hall after having a couple drinks. It was probably 2 drinks in 3 hours, so I was way under the limit. I stop by a 7-11 where a couple cops are sitting, go inside, buy a hotdog and then leave. I don't know if it was a combination of my Tennessee tags, no front license plate (which is legal here), maybe.. by the slimmest chance, smelled like alcohol, but as I left the 7-11 two cops gave me that EYE. I just walked out eating my hotdog before I got back into the car. I left, and not 3 minutes later as I am driving around Springfield, the same cops had been following me and pulled me over. They basically said that I had smelled like alcohol and looked like I was stumbling in the store. I told them I had a couple drinks but it had been several hours. They took me out of the car, were being assholes about giving me a sobriety test. First, the cop shined the light in my eyes, moving back and forth for like 2 minutes. He asked why my eyes were red, I said it was late. Then they had me walk a straight line, back and forth, at least 2 times. Then I had to stand on one foot and count to 50, like one one thousand.... etc.. 50?! I think maybe 15 or 20 max would have been alright. So, in the long run, no breathalyzer, and they let me go, but hassled me to the max. They even asked me if I paid for my car by myself and when I responded yes, they asked me what I did. Just an inconvienient traffic stop in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Romeo8Juliet
Very true.

My ex works for Loundon County and he would pull people all the time when we were talking and he would tell me about the BS story they gave... and some of them, were just so insane. I couldn't help but to laugh.... It was real fun when I got to pick whether or not they got a ticket... oh, the fun times....

Anyway, I agree. I'm just upfront... my last ticket (81 in a 45) - He didn't even ask my why I was speeding.. he asked why I didn't slow down even after he was behind me.. and I told him "To be honest? You already had me going 80+, what was the harm in staying below that?..." and he chuckled and just wrote me a failure to obey highway sign ticket and we went on our way.
Seriously WTF! It must be nice being a hot girl. I would have been killed if I got caught doing 80 in 45

Kid in a TL get no sympathy. Times like this when I wish I drove a geo metro lol
Old 08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Thats what I call luck right there.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
steeez

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i read this and was like this story sounds familiar.. looked up and realize its old i read it again
Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Walshstl
Seriously WTF! It must be nice being a hot girl. I would have been killed if I got caught doing 80 in 45

Kid in a TL get no sympathy. Times like this when I wish I drove a geo metro lol
It may have helped that I had no points anymore on my license. I had finished doing driver improvement, twice.. to get 10 points over the last two years. So I have +1, even with my tickets.. so that's why he was nicer because he was like 'oh, so.. I see you have +1, since that.. i'll only write you for.."... I am sure if I had the -8 or 9 i did before, he would of surely wrote me.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:48 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Holy thread revival. Awesome. This story still amazes me.

I have another story to tell too.

I was headed down route 50, right off 66 early one morning... Damn staff meeting at 8am.
As I'm passing through a stoplight, I notice a Fairfax county's finest eyeballing me across the lane. He nearly breaks his neck as I pass, and I get that old familiar cold chill.

I'll never learn, hot ass TL, no front plate, V1 in the window, dark tint, angel eyes glowing... All the shit Fairfax county folks get tickets for all day.

As I pass through the intersection I start watching my rear view. Sure enough, the cop flip U and begins pursuit. I have a good lead on him, so i start making moves to get to on 66 and hopefull get away.

2 miles go by, and he starts really gaining on me. Right as I'm approaching the 66 ramp, he's on my tail... Bam, lights. I'm fucked.

I quickly yank the V1 down and start working on my "no front plate" story, the officer walks around my car, then approaches my window...

Me " morning officer"
Officer... " are you... Kennedy on acurazine?"

Long pause...

Then nothing but laughter. I point to the beads of sweat on my forehead, and that I know I was going down today.

Holy shit. The officer is a member here ( he asked to remain anonymous considering how some of the more juvenile members feel about the law enforcement community)... He knew my car from my epic headlight thread. He has a badass silver TL with RonJon kit...

We spend a good 30 minutes rapping on the on ramp to 66, car show in Feb on the side of the road. I grabbed his card... i know I might need that one day.

Can you believe what a charmed life I lead sometimes?

Originally Posted by jmbnova
Where is Kennedy anyway...

I was over by your house all this week.
No call? No stop and visit?
A ride in the chariot awaits. Stop being a stranger Jeff.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Instructor

^^^ That's awesome. I think I know the name of the guy you're referring to... Used to hang out with some people from FFX/PWC squads... I remember someone mentioning a guy w/ a TL.. but, who knows.. the cars are popular around here.

It's always a good thing to know people within law enforcement.. but, people will always have that juvenile attitude towards them.. regardless of the persons actual age.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:48 PM
My TL can do this, too!

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I got stopped earlier this year on VA-236 just east of Fairfax City. I was running errands and realized that I had left something at my mother and father's house when I had gone over for dinner the previous weekend, so since I was in the area I decided to stop in to retrieve it. Getting to their place from eastbound 236 requires a left turn and the road was under construction at the time; the left-turn lane was way too short and the traffic stopped for the red light extended past the end of the lane. But there was a nice wide shoulder and I could tell by which traffic was turning that if I used the shoulder I could make it in time to get the green arrow. So that's what I did, but as I did it I saw there was a cop in the left thru lane. Big deal, I said; he won't hassle me.

Wrong, of course. I made the left turn and the cop pulled out and followed me, then put his lights on. There's a fire station there, so I passed the fire station, then pulled over, put on my flashers, opened the window, and put my hands on the wheel. I did NOT get out my license or registration because that would have involved digging around in the center armrest and I didn't want him to think I was doing something illegal.
Ha ha! is that fire station the one on Columbia Pike?

I just got "a stern warning" from a cop on 236 turning left onto Hummer. I jumped in the left turn lane while it was still a shoulder to follow a VW GTI through the intersection. The cop was going to snag the GTI, but I cut off the cop! So naturally, having strayed into the cop's line of fire, I got the snag. The really funny part was that a quarter-mile up Hummer road I saw the GTI parked there! Technically the arrow was yellow after my rear wheels entered the intersection, but I said nothing contradictory to what the cop said. I think that is why I got just a warning.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Racer

I had to make a quick stop somewhere and totally forgot to pay for parking. I come out to find a parking ticket and think "crap, I forgot to pay for parking". I open up the ticket and find not one, but two tickets. One for not paying for parking and another for no front plate.

I absolutely hate those parking enforcement people who drive around in their little go-karts (those of you that live in Seattle will understand lol). To get a ticket for no front plate by one is me = pwned.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Banned

i got a summons for no front plate and illegal exhaust...what makes a exhaust illegal? aftermarket?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:55 AM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Me " morning officer"
Officer... " are you... Kennedy on acurazine?"

Long pause...

Then nothing but laughter.
that moment gotta be priceless.....
Old 08-10-2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by rksokol
Ha ha! is that fire station the one on Columbia Pike?

No, it's the one just west of the intersection of 236 and Guinea Road.

Originally Posted by eluzion
I had to make a quick stop somewhere and totally forgot to pay for parking. I come out to find a parking ticket and think "crap, I forgot to pay for parking". I open up the ticket and find not one, but two tickets. One for not paying for parking and another for no front plate.
I know someone from Virginia who got a ticket for "improper display of a license plate" in the District of Columbia.

But his front plate wasn't missing. His offense? The "month" and "year" stickers Virginia issues us to indicate our plate expiry were on the wrong corners ("month" is supposed to go on the left, "year" on the right; he had them reversed). On the one hand I don't understand why people don't put them in the correct positions, but on the other that has to be the most idiotic ticket I've ever heard of. But that's DC for you. DC used to issue license plate stickers like Virginia does, but they had a problem where people's stickers were being stolen by people who would then put the stolen stickers on their own (expired) plates. So now DC residents get a larger sticker that goes on the lower corner of the windscreen on the driver's side; it also doubles as the neighborhood parking permit since parking is heavily regulated in DC. Sounds great, right? Well, after the switch was made, DC residents started getting ticketed in DC for not having their stickers on their license plates! Now they have stickers on their plates that say "See Window Sticker."

And those jokers wonder why everybody else ridicules the District of Columbia....

Originally Posted by Walshstl

It may have helped that I had no points anymore on my license. I had finished doing driver improvement, twice.. to get 10 points over the last two years. So I have +1, even with my tickets.. so that's why he was nicer because he was like 'oh, so.. I see you have +1, since that.. i'll only write you for.."... I am sure if I had the -8 or 9 i did before, he would of surely wrote me.
Nahhh, gotta be the rimouskis.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

fairfax ftl
Old 08-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by lilvinnyb
HE TOLD ME THAT THE TINT ON THE TOP 6 INCHES OF MY FRONT WIND SHIELD WAS ILLEGAL.
this happened to me as well....cop pulled me over and ask if i've tinted that part...
i told him it was stock and came with the car like that....he looked twice and said "really.....??" and let me go.

but really when you look it from outside, it DOES cover quite a bit than most vehicles.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by eluzion

I absolutely hate those parking enforcement people who drive around in their little go-karts (those of you that live in Seattle will understand lol). To get a ticket for no front plate by one is me = pwned.
Dude dont get me started on those power-hungry wannabe cops. I work in downtown, gotten like 6 tickets in the last year. Not that I dont pay, just sometimes your working and you just forget. A couple times i got a ticket for being 5 minutes over! Anyways, always contest them, you have an extremely rare chance of winning but they will almost always drop it to 20bucks. You can do it by mail. I had no idea they could give you ticket for no license plate! Thats pure BS. Contest that, say you were say you were buying a new license plate mount where you parked LOL
Old 08-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Pro

My driving record was absolutely spotless for the 2 years since I started driving. They dont care. You do realize 35 over is a huge offense. Shit I dont even drive that fast. The cop was probably trying to hook up hahaha jk

Quick Reply: Funny I-95 "got pulled over" story.