Fck SuperBrightLeds!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008 | 01:07 PM
Sexiest NBP.. inthemaking

Thumbs down Fck SuperBrightLeds!

/RANT/

So i recently ordered 10 LEDS for my TL... 6 12 BLUE LEDS 4 12 WHITE LEDS.. I placed the order on Februray 1st. I picked the 30 dollar shipping instead of the 5 dollar shipping thinking it would be faster and safer... guess not.. WELL it was shipped VIA USPS which is the worse thing out there.. tracking is a joke.

ANyways this is where it gets worse... It fianlly got to canada 2 days ago.. and canada post took over... it said that the item came to my house but nobody was home.. tahts impossible becuase there is always soembody at my house.. and NO notification letter was left.. I live in vancouver.. the trackign website said it is in BURNABY.. WELL.. this morning it says item being returned to sender... like WTF i freaked out and went to 3 differnt canada post to try to get hte item, none of them had it.. told me to call customer service.. so i did and GUESS WHAT?? the item is now being shipped back ot the sender for some " unknown reason "

Like WTFFF i paid $60 for the LEDS + 35$ SHIPPING and now its being sent back to the sender after 12 days? OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG

/endrant/
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:10 PM
Advanced

i ordered mine with the 5 dollar shipping and it came USPS like 4 days later....granted i am in the US, but still it wasnt that bad. Sorry for your bad experience!
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:14 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

that's messed up. call superbrightleds.
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:21 PM
Smokin blunts w/ Tupac in

I ordered my lights from Superbrightleds too.. I placed the order Jan 17. On the 22nd, my tracking number said the package was delivered... Delivered where? Not to my house.. I have not received anything from superbrightleds...it is Feb 12 and I still have no lights.. The US post office f-ed mine up. Now i am fighting with the post office and superbrightleds to figure what the hell happend.. I want my damn lights..
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by dumamei
I ordered my lights from Superbrightleds too.. I placed the order Jan 17. On the 22nd, my tracking number said the package was delivered... Delivered where? Not to my house.. I have not received anything from superbrightleds...it is Feb 12 and I still have no lights.. The US post office f-ed mine up. Now i am fighting with the post office and superbrightleds to figure what the hell happend.. I want my damn lights..

WOw a month and still haven't got your lights yet?... OMGG i want my lights so bad.. After having my item get screwed up, i checked the website and it said i could ship VIA UPS ... OMG if i knew this from the start, i woulda done that instead.. sigh...
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:33 PM
LyfeIs what you make it!

Originally Posted by ChattTL85
i ordered mine with the 5 dollar shipping and it came USPS like 4 days later....granted i am in the US, but still it wasnt that bad. Sorry for your bad experience!
Same here. Got mine after a few days without any issues.

Good luck to those who are having problems.
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:45 PM
E55>>>TLS

maybe it can be that you live in Canada? It seems like ppl who buy from the US get it on time. It sucks! I understand. Just call them up see what they say.
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:51 PM
Engineer

Originally Posted by OmeGa101
/RANT/

So i recently ordered 10 LEDS for my TL... 6 12 BLUE LEDS 4 12 WHITE LEDS.. I placed the order on Februray 1st. I picked the 30 dollar shipping instead of the 5 dollar shipping thinking it would be faster and safer... guess not.. WELL it was shipped VIA USPS which is the worse thing out there.. tracking is a joke.

ANyways this is where it gets worse... It fianlly got to canada 2 days ago.. and canada post took over... it said that the item came to my house but nobody was home.. tahts impossible becuase there is always soembody at my house.. and NO notification letter was left.. I live in vancouver.. the trackign website said it is in BURNABY.. WELL.. this morning it says item being returned to sender... like WTF i freaked out and went to 3 differnt canada post to try to get hte item, none of them had it.. told me to call customer service.. so i did and GUESS WHAT?? the item is now being shipped back ot the sender for some " unknown reason "

Like WTFFF i paid $60 for the LEDS + 35$ SHIPPING and now its being sent back to the sender after 12 days? OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGG

/endrant/
Sorry about what happened to you.
But you should've ordered LEDs from V-LEDs or from me.

I've order so many LEDs before and sold them all to my friends.
I'll get more from V-LEDs in the future.
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by lights
Sorry about what happened to you.
But you should've ordered LEDs from V-LEDs or from me.

I've order so many LEDs before and sold them all to my friends.
I'll get more from V-LEDs in the future.

omg you live in van too LOL i shoulda got some off you... and save myself from the 35 dollar shippinG and pain im going thru =[ Lol
Old 02-12-2008 | 02:17 PM
steeez

dang.. really? i ordered some leds from them with the regular 5 dollar shipping.. came like in 2-3 days
Old 02-12-2008 | 02:46 PM
07 Mocapper TL

oooh you live in van??? how much you charge?
Old 02-12-2008 | 03:10 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

I would def call Superbright and tell them about what happened and see if you can at least get some money back.
Old 02-12-2008 | 04:40 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Your being an idiot about this, and barking up the wrong tree.

Superbrightleds has nothing to do with the ineptitude of the US or Canadian post office. The title of your thread should be "F the Canadian Post Office". It's not SBL's fault our countries mail delivery systems can't figure out how to play together.

I've ordred more leds from SBL AND V-Leds than ANYONE here... and I've never had a bad expereince with either.
Old 02-12-2008 | 05:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kennedy

Superbrightleds has nothing to do with the ineptitude of the US or Canadian post office. The title of your thread should be "F the Canadian Post Office". It's not SBL's fault our countries mail delivery systems can't figure out how to play together.

I've ordred more leds from SBL AND V-Leds than ANYONE here... and I've never had a bad expereince with either.

Agreed

It's not their fault and shipping is out of their hands. I didn't even see a spot where you said that you had contacted them about the issue.

At least give them an idea of what is going on before you start bashing them and cursing them.

Hopefully everything will be okay and (1) you will recieve your lights, (2) the company will ship another set or refund your money
Old 02-12-2008 | 06:04 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Ive ordered 3 separate times from them and all 3 worked out perfectly. They all arrived quickly too.
Old 02-12-2008 | 06:38 PM
Advanced

Fck Canada post!

Canada Post is useless for delivering anything other than regular snail mail. Avoid using them for purchases deliveries if at all possible.

Stick with UPS or fedX Even DHL Forget Purolator They’re as bad as the post office if not worse.
Old 02-12-2008 | 06:52 PM
horny =

Originally Posted by TrevorT
Agreed
At least give them an idea of what is going on before you start bashing them and cursing them.

My package was totally destroyed but somehow the lights still worked. I just took pictures of the package so if they were bad I could ship them back. Took a little while but they were worth it.
Old 02-12-2008 | 06:58 PM
FTW

Totally came in here thinking sbl did something wrong.

I was mistaken
Old 02-12-2008 | 06:58 PM
King of NYC

You paid $30 to ship 3ozs. of bulbs?? OK that was a mistake right there. Honestly USPS Priority is usually fast enough and cheap. (3 day shipping here in the US anywhere) But lets not dwell there, you're already upset. Granted their tracking number is just a joke and not a tracking number at all. USPS always hands over shipping to another courier when it becomes international.

If you paid $30 then MAKE sure they sent it guaranteed overnight or some other super expedited service. I don't know if they ship to Canada like that but it is they will make sure it will get there and the tracking number has a real meaning. If not you got robbed.
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
You paid $30 to ship 3ozs. of bulbs?? OK that was a mistake right there. Honestly USPS Priority is usually fast enough and cheap. (3 day shipping here in the US anywhere) But lets not dwell there, you're already upset. Granted their tracking number is just a joke and not a tracking number at all. USPS always hands over shipping to another courier when it becomes international.

If you paid $30 then MAKE sure they sent it guaranteed overnight or some other super expedited service. I don't know if they ship to Canada like that but it is they will make sure it will get there and the tracking number has a real meaning. If not you got robbed.

Okay,

"We will ship by USPS to almost anywhere in the world. Overseas customers please select the $5 shipping charge for Letter Post or $30 for Global EMS.

Letter Post shipping may take 5~10 days to arrive and cannot be tracked. Global EMS delivery time is 3~4 days and can be tracked. We highly recommend Global EMS for order shipped out of the States. We are not responsible for lost orders if you select the $5 Letter Post shipping option"

You tell me which one you would choose.
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by TrevorT
Agreed

It's not their fault and shipping is out of their hands. I didn't even see a spot where you said that you had contacted them about the issue.

Hopefully everything will be okay and (1) you will recieve your lights, (2) the company will ship another set or refund your money

Okay,

First of all.. I did contact them about it, i sent an email to them about my whole experience what i typed here, and all they emailed back was

" canada post has your item "

I sent another email back and their reply was

canada post SHOULD have my item, and that if it was true that it is being sent back to us, i MIGHT have to pay another shipping fee for them to ship it back to me.
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:33 PM

Yeah, i am probably being an idiot about this, but wouldn't you as well? ive waited 12 days for 10 tiny light bulbs which i paid $90 for.. and now they say its being shipped back to SBL? I kno u have ordered more leds than anyone here for sure cause i've read all your posts on which ones to buy etc, hence why i bought from them. Anyways, me paying 35 shipping, i would at lease think they would ship via UPS or something a little better than USPS or CANADA POST. When i called the customer service line to complain about my situation, the person told me it was either the address was written wrong by the sender or there was a defect in the package... " unknown reason " for shipping it back to the sender. Does SBL have a phone number i can call? i Checked the website and all that they supply is an email checking my status of my order.. there is no " help line "
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:44 PM
Advanced

For the guys that live in Vancouver BC, why didn't you just go to Lordco and buy them? cost the same as Superbrightleds. no shipping BS
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by holeshot_04
For the guys that live in Vancouver BC, why didn't you just go to Lordco and buy them? cost the same as Superbrightleds. no shipping BS

Lol cause they don't have the 12LEDS bulbs? which are hella bright... lordco and the other stores onli have liek 1-5LED max.. which blows,,,,
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:55 PM
Advanced

Lordco can special order what ever bulb you want. you might have to wait a couple day but it can't be worse than what you've waited and paid already. not sure where your going or who your dealing with but you can get 12LED bulbs from Lordco. also saying you work for the city of Burnaby gets you a big discount too.
Old 02-12-2008 | 07:58 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Yeah, i am probably being an idiot about this, but wouldn't you as well? ive waited 12 days for 10 tiny light bulbs which i paid $90 for.. and now they say its being shipped back to SBL? I kno u have ordered more leds than anyone here for sure cause i've read all your posts on which ones to buy etc, hence why i bought from them. Anyways, me paying 35 shipping, i would at lease think they would ship via UPS or something a little better than USPS or CANADA POST. When i called the customer service line to complain about my situation, the person told me it was either the address was written wrong by the sender or there was a defect in the package... " unknown reason " for shipping it back to the sender. Does SBL have a phone number i can call? i Checked the website and all that they supply is an email checking my status of my order.. there is no " help line "
I see you looked really hard...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/contact.htm#contact

Super Bright LEDs, Inc.
St.Louis, Missouri 63031 USA
Tel: 314-972-6200 Fax: 314-972-6202

I dunno why you think they can help you though. The problem clearly lies with the shipper. I'm fired up becasue you're bashing a good vendor for something way beyonfd thier control.

- You screwed up for paying an exhorbitant shipping costs
- You screwed up for not verifying your assumption that your exhorbitant shipping cost paid for a better form of shipping
- Canadian Post screwed up for not delivering your package.

Yet you assign the blame for your dissatisfaction with SBL... Here's a mirror.

I once received a package that was shortshipped from SBL. I called wioth my order number. 10 second conversation... replacements weres sent and received 2 days later, no further questions required.
Old 02-12-2008 | 08:01 PM

I see you looked really hard...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/contact.htm#contact

Super Bright LEDs, Inc.
St.Louis, Missouri 63031 USA
Tel: 314-972-6200 Fax: 314-972-6202

I dunno why you think they can help you though. The problem clearly lies with the shipper. I'm fired up becasue you're bashing a good vendor for something way beyonfd thier control.

- You screwed up for paying an exhorbitant shipping costs
- You screwed up for not verifying your assumption that your exhorbitant shipping cost paid for a better form of shipping
- Canadian Post screwed up for not delivering your package.

Yet you assign the blame for your dissatisfaction with SBL... Here's a mirror.

I once received a package that was shortshipped from SBL. I called wioth my order number. 10 second conversation... replacements weres sent and received 2 days later, no further questions required.
How did i screw up with choosing the 30 dollar one? u would of chosen the 5 dollar shipping? =\ anyways, its not about the money, i just want my lites, im not gonna sit here and argue over a bill lmfao, well thanks for linking me the number, ill give them a call and update this thread when i here some good news....
MY BAD ON BASHING SBLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Old 02-12-2008 | 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by holeshot_04
Lordco can special order what ever bulb you want. you might have to wait a couple day but it can't be worse than what you've waited and paid already. not sure where your going or who your dealing with but you can get 12LED bulbs from Lordco. also saying you work for the city of Burnaby gets you a big discount too.

Oh yea? i rmb going to the lordco a little past metro, and they said i would have to order them.. they didnt have any in stock.. well i go to BCIT so i arleady get a 40$ discount on everything there already =)
Old 02-12-2008 | 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by lusid
Totally came in here thinking sbl did something wrong.

I was mistaken

dude, just relax. call superbright and let them know whats going on....
Old 02-12-2008 | 09:00 PM
Racer

I've been holding off all day about flaming this post...I thought someone else would do it for me.
And yes I'm being an ass, but
This kinda says it all.....

After having my item get screwed up, i checked the website and it said i could ship VIA UPS ... OMG if i knew this from the start, i woulda done that instead.. sigh...

Looks like you could have saved yourself a lot of frustration by taking the time to read
Old 02-12-2008 | 09:08 PM
07 NBP TL-S

I ordered my LEDs from 3 diff places all ordered on same day

- superbrightleds : Slow as hell got it after 9 days

- V-Leds : VERY FAST SHIPPING, came in 2 days. Had to return it cause i got the WRONG item and NEW item came in 2 days also from the order date

- Autolumination : Decent. Came in after 6 days

it was so stressful waitting for all the LEDs to come in cuz i wanted to install em so bad lol
specially ordering from 3 diff places ~_~

i guess it really depends where you are

but yeah that really sucks =(
Old 02-12-2008 | 09:41 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Originally Posted by Big Balla
I would def call Superbright and tell them about what happened and see if you can at least get some money back.
yeah, work something out with them.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:11 PM
Photographer

i read his posts. then i saw his age. enough said...

oh and btw. ive ordered from SBL a couple of times and it came regular mail in a couple of days, to Hawaii.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:12 PM
Instructor

My own experience:

I ordered on the site, and paid the amount on my card. 10 days later nothing showed up so I emailed them, and they sent a reply back saying they knowI ordered $25.24 dollars worth of something, but the basket was empty.

So I told him what I ordered and granted it adds up to the same amount, they sent the bulbs express to make up for lost time...

but damn 10 days that's a long ass time, my midterm ended up rolling around and I had to wait another week to enjoy putting them in.

other than that great bulbs
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:23 PM
steeez

you're* =] but hes right
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:28 PM
iScrape going into

I ordered from superbrightleds, a month and some ago. And had 12 leds shipped to my house and only took 3 days with normal mail, although I am local.
Old 02-13-2008 | 01:20 AM
King of NYC

Okay,
We highly recommend Global EMS for order shipped out of the States. We are not responsible for lost orders if you select the $5 Letter Post shipping option"

You tell me which one you would choose.
Which one would I choose? I would choose to live in the US...........I have used SBL too and they shipped in 2 days to me! Oh ya, that's because I'm not in Canada.

HAHA just playin, don't take me seriously, just a joke. I like to irritate Canadians. But I see you already got a dose from Kennedy so I'll lay off. Ooooh don't mess with his SBL! He's a regular.

OK I'm sure you didn't want a joke, your pissed, just wanted to lighten up the thread a little, hope it works out for you.
Old 02-13-2008 | 01:21 AM
AZ Community Team

On the one hand, no good rant should be denied.

On the other hand, I'm glad you said this ( vv ) so I didn't have to.

Old 02-13-2008 | 08:44 AM
07 NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by DNPhotography
i read his posts. then i saw his age. enough said...

oh and btw. ive ordered from SBL a couple of times and it came regular mail in a couple of days, to Hawaii.

so it took COUPLE days to ship to Hawaii with a reg mail but 9 days to ship to Texas? hahaha

funny..........
Old 02-13-2008 | 10:28 AM
[PA] NBP-TL

What size are the inside map light and dome light. You know the light that turn on once the door opens.

thanks