Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have good fish-eye pics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:55 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have good fish-eye pics?

I recently got my TL and compared to what I was driving there's a large blind spot. I know I can get all types of fish-eye mirrors but generally don't care for them so I wanted to know if anyone has used them, seen them, has pics of them etc. Are there any that look nice and fit well with the shape of the TL mirror?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Try this , it really works and you won't have to look at an ugly bubble mirror.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=mirror+adjust
Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Terminex

I use the 1" bubbles on all my cars

I use the 1" (maybe 1.5") mirrors on all my cars. the only thing, is that I MUST have the ones that have a metal edge, I can't stand the cheaper one's that have a big black plastic edge around them. I also mount them on the bottom inside edge of the mirrors. most people don't notice them unles they are driving one of my vehicles, and when they do they love them.

The best part is, they are cheap, and if you hate them, just rip them off & use a razor blade to remove any left over adhesive.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I bought a pair of blind spot mirror a month ago. They really fit well with the side mirror. It has a blueish tint to it and matches the side mirror blue tint.

It came with the black frame around the mirror, but i took the mirror and the double sided tape off the frame and cut it and put on the mirror.

I will take pic and post later today.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:41 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by A SiQ TL
Try this , it really works and you won't have to look at an ugly bubble mirror.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=mirror+adjust
I agree. I all but eliminated my blind spots by properly adjusting my mirrors. The remaining little blind spots are easily checked by a quick glance near the periphery of my vision.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:50 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

The mirrors are one of my pet peeves. I tried lots of smaller mirrors with no luck. Too small to be useful and I also did not like the edging on most of the mirrors. I then bought a set of larger glass bubble mirrors at Wal-mart. I removed the metal backing and carved them down to a size that is reasonable for the TL but much larger than the tiny 2". After cutting I backfilled them with plumbers epoxy and mounted them with a very aggressive double sided tape. They blend well and there is no edge. I chose to use glass mirrors, but the plastic ones would be just fine and are optically very good and would be much easier to cut.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Instructor

This is a good guide on how to adjust your side mirrors

http://www.motorists.org/right/adjust_mirrors.html

Plus, you can get a blue tinted wide center mirror from Broadway. I love how all three of my mirrors matches, and also matches with the gauges.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Originally Posted by vkick
This is a good guide on how to adjust your side mirrors

http://www.motorists.org/right/adjust_mirrors.html

Plus, you can get a blue tinted wide center mirror from Broadway. I love how all three of my mirrors matches, and also matches with the gauges.
Yes, but if you cover the rearview, you loose the auto-dimming feature.

Is your Broadway wide angle enough to see out the rear side windows ?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
i hope this dude isn't talking about the fisheye that girls/guys give u when they turn their head at you when you are implementing The Method from behind.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:04 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Dirty car pics !

These mirrors take up more real estate than the smaller bubbles but I feel much safer with the larger mirrors and have a better feel for what is beside and behind me. If I can find some blue tinted glass mirrors I might change them, until then, I am content. Tint also impacts visibility.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:11 AM
4th Gear

I'm trying the mirrors wide setting and so far it feels fine to me. Has anyone tried the convex mirrors that are rectangular in shape with rounded edges? I'm curious as to how those might look too.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

My have a blueish tint, so it match perfectly with the side mirror. Not sure if i like the placement there, might change it when it get warm.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Advanced

Soo, where is the correct location placement of this mirror?
Old 02-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ATJ32
I think it’s more of a personal preference. I like them on the out side lower edge but my dad who had always had big trucks likes them on the lower inside edge.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:57 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Nice color blend

Originally Posted by Tonywp75

My have a blueish tint, so it match perfectly with the side mirror. Not sure if i like the placement there, might change it when it get warm.
Looks really good. Can you find me a brand name of those mirrors. I want to see if I can get a larger set.

Originally Posted by ATJ32
If you use them on the outside edge of the mirror you loose part of the image viewing the mirrors shroud. The downside is mounting on the inside edge exposes the mirror to more weather.

Another good option is the multivex mirrors but you lose the tint.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=multivex
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=multivex
Old 02-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Dont Touch My Car !!!

Thanks for the info regarding the placement of the mirror, you do lose part of the view of the side mirror. But i have been using the blind mirror in its place, but im still getting use to them. I have never use blind spot mirror b4. I might replace them to see what works for me best.

I got these mirror at Walmart for around $2.99, they also have them at kmart and pepboys. As you can see i popped them out of the black frame and took off the double sided tape off the back. I then cut the double sided tape to fit around the outter edge of the back of the mirror. I only used one of the double sided tape and it was enough for both. They have been holding up for about 2 months now, not sure....what will happen if snows comes and i use the heated mirrors. hopefully they will stay on . If not they are only 2.99

There is some gap between the side mirror and the blind spot mirror and you can see the double sided tape, when you look straight down. But it look clean if you look at it face on, like it part of the mirror.

Not sure if they have bigger ones, but i did see the square ones..i think.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:37 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Tony, you should think about backfilling them with a metallic epoxy so they work with the heaters and you can have a much smaller gap between the mirrors.

Hey are these plastic or glass ?