Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crumbs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crumbs

Whats the best way way to get crumbs of food, out of the perforated leather.
I assume the first answer will be, not to eat food in the car, but I have given up, on this notion? I dont always get to eat lunch, and after 12-14 hours working sometimes, I need that big mac or taco bell.
I have tried a dustbuster, and the vacuum at the car wash. Any suggestions.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
are the the crumbs inside the preferations of the leather? or are they inbetween the panels of the seating...if its inbetween the panels of the seating i just pull the leather all the way over creating a huge open slat...and i have an attatchment for my duster buster the has a long nose so you can force a huge suction on a small area and i do that till theres no more crumbs. if its in the preferations of the leather...you might want to check out the WASH AND WAX FORUM https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/
Old 09-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Instructor

crumbs

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
are the the crumbs inside the preferations of the leather? or are they inbetween the panels of the seating...if its inbetween the panels of the seating i just pull the leather all the way over creating a huge open slat...and i have an attatchment for my duster buster the has a long nose so you can force a huge suction on a small area and i do that till theres no more crumbs. if its in the preferations of the leather...you might want to check out the WASH AND WAX FORUM https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23
Its in the perforations of the leather. Slowly my perforated seated area, is becomming a solid peace. LOL
Will check out the wash and wax forum. thanks

Much regards flatfoot
Old 09-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make better use of the fast food wrappers... lol... I can almost always keep everything in the wrapper. Taco bell is a challenge.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
vacuum?
Old 09-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro

Smile

Originally Posted by flatfoot
Whats the best way way to get crumbs of food, out of the perforated leather.
I assume the first answer will be, not to eat food in the car, but I have given up, on this notion? I dont always get to eat lunch, and after 12-14 hours working sometimes, I need that big mac or taco bell.
I have tried a dustbuster, and the vacuum at the car wash. Any suggestions.

Thanks
Big Mac, Taco Bell

You do not deserve a TL!!!

You should a least upgrade to Wendy's / Subway or Quiznos for the TL Status.

Was the vacuum at the car wash equipped with a brush? if not get yourself a shopvac and use a brush with the vacuum, it will help to dislodge the crumbs so that the vacuum can suck them up.

Best regards

frenchnew
Old 09-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Cold Racketeer

Wendy's is not any higher class than burger king :p Give me a break! Now boston market, that's some good shit.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Instructor

crumbs

Originally Posted by frenchnew
Big Mac, Taco Bell

You do not deserve a TL!!!

You should a least upgrade to Wendy's / Subway or Quiznos for the TL Status.

Was the vacuum at the car wash equipped with a brush? if not get yourself a shopvac and use a brush with the vacuum, it will help to dislodge the crumbs so that the vacuum can suck them up.

Best regards

frenchnew
A burger king, and a taco bell, is all I have available at 1 in the morning when I am on my way home. Plus some local diners, who charge an arm an a leg for a sandwich. I guess I should have gotten a subaru. LOL
The vacuum at the wash, some have brushes, some dont. You have brought an idea to mind. I have to see if theres an outlet in garage. I will use my home vacuum, and its attachments, which has a brush and a hose. It is probably more powerful then the dustbuster, and the car wash vacuum. And no quarters to put in.

Much regards Flatfoot
Old 09-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I don't have crumbs, but to vacuum the car, I use my regular vacuum cleaner with an extension cord (I wired my garage just after moving in...it's a must). That thing sucks up all kinds of crap from the floor boards with ease, so yours should work on your seats with the brush. And like you said, it's got ever attachment under the sun...the long skinny one is great for vacuuming around the seats and in the corners.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Instructor

I thought this thread was on how to get rid of the bread crumbs that the car leaves behind on your navi screen when it _thinks_ it is not on any road. What happens to me sometimes on my way to/from work is that the car gets confused and starts leaving the crumbs ... By now the crumbs are becoming really anoying on the screen - they accummulate. Anybody knows how to erase them? Vacuum?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Pro

A burger king, and a taco bell, is all I have available at 1 in the morning when I am on my way home. Plus some local diners, who charge an arm an a leg for a sandwich. I guess I should have gotten a subaru. LOL
The vacuum at the wash, some have brushes, some dont. You have brought an idea to mind. I have to see if theres an outlet in garage. I will use my home vacuum, and its attachments, which has a brush and a hose. It is probably more powerful then the dustbuster, and the car wash vacuum. And no quarters to put in.

Much regards Flatfoot
No problem, as my comment about the Burger King & Taco Bell was meant to be humour.

I, like you, get to work late at times in remote areas with very limited place to eat or get food at.

Best regards

frenchnew
Old 09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Smile

Crummy thread.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro

Burger King? Taco Hell? Mcdonald's? Wendys? You guys drive TLs not Corollas. Ya'll should have enough money to eat somewhere a little decent...or did the car payments put you in the doghouse?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Instructor

wendys

Originally Posted by AcidHorse
Burger King? Taco Hell? Mcdonald's? Wendys? You guys drive TLs not Corollas. Ya'll should have enough money to eat somewhere a little decent...or did the car payments put you in the doghouse?
I guess you dont know how little nyc police officers make. We were once the most highly paid professional police force, now we are near the bottom, with new officers comming on, getting less then almost anywhere in the country. New officers will start at 25,200 a year, with the new incoming class of cadets. How the heck can one afford to live in nyc on that salary. Plus we have to buy everything. Uniforms, guns, ammunition, I mean everything. The only thing the police dept pays for, is your initial service gun, and we have to pay a couple of hundred to put the sights on it.
So, I would rather have a nice car, then eat good. LOL LOL

much regards the lean machine with a nice ride flatfoot
Old 09-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Cold Racketeer

I guess you dont know how little nyc police officers make. We were once the most highly paid professional police force, now we are near the bottom, with new officers comming on, getting less then almost anywhere in the country. New officers will start at 25,200 a year, with the new incoming class of cadets. How the heck can one afford to live in nyc on that salary. Plus we have to buy everything. Uniforms, guns, ammunition, I mean everything. The only thing the police dept pays for, is your initial service gun, and we have to pay a couple of hundred to put the sights on it.
So, I would rather have a nice car, then eat good. LOL LOL

much regards the lean machine with a nice ride flatfoot
Just watch your heart. So sad how many people die of heart disease. Then again I eat fast food most days... :[ I'm only 24 but that's no excuse. Both of us then!