Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This car is a Race Magnet

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
[]( O)( O)% []D[][]V[][]D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This car is a Race Magnet

Hey gu ys, jus got home from work, had to get on interstate 84 in NY to pick up my brother, when all of the sudden i saw really bright xenon's tailgating me, so i hopped into the right lane and saw a brand new 530 fly by...so i decided to play a lil, i dropped it to 3rd n off i went..i got right behind him and gradually got faster, there were 3 tractor trailler blocking the right lane(2 lane highway) and we were in the left zipping by at 115MPH once we passed i got into the right lane n put it down to the ground n can notice the Bimmer do the same, but i completly blew him away, i was very surprised i thought he can hang better than he did, i mean it wasnt a dramatic loss but after my 3rd lane change he couldnt hang at all, so slowed down to bout 80 90 n he cought up n we jus went side by side admiring eachothers cars, i was impressed the bimmer isnt as bad looking as i thought it was, then he got off at a exit later when i noticed someone else tailgating me n flashing me at a nice 6 mile straight away, so i decided to hit it, the car gradually got smaller n smaller, so i figured it wan an integra or something of that sort come to find out it was a SC lexus, older like 95 but still a lexus that was put to shame.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:12 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice kill......but be careful
Old 02-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Intermediate

Great! In a few days, I'm going to own a car that is owned by many immature little street-racing punks. I feel like crying.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Racer

LMAO! According to some only old fogeys own this car

Honestly, it should have been a much closer race... the BMW owner didn't know what they were doing... if the race actually happened.

Meh, I'm important enough that I don't need to race. People wait for me
Old 02-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Instructor

Everytime i hit WOT its like seeing a new girl, her looking at you in a shy sheepish little way, me walking up to her smiling, her smiling back and me getting her number. Its like all that and more, much more...
Old 02-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Hello!

Originally Posted by 04AcuraTL
Hey gu ys, jus got home from work, had to get on interstate 84 in NY to pick up my brother, when all of the sudden i saw really bright xenon's tailgating me, so i hopped into the right lane and saw a brand new 530 fly by...so i decided to play a lil, i dropped it to 3rd n off i went..i got right behind him and gradually got faster, there were 3 tractor trailler blocking the right lane(2 lane highway) and we were in the left zipping by at 115MPH once we passed i got into the right lane n put it down to the ground n can notice the Bimmer do the same, but i completly blew him away, i was very surprised i thought he can hang better than he did, i mean it wasnt a dramatic loss but after my 3rd lane change he couldnt hang at all, so slowed down to bout 80 90 n he cought up n we jus went side by side admiring eachothers cars, i was impressed the bimmer isnt as bad looking as i thought it was, then he got off at a exit later when i noticed someone else tailgating me n flashing me at a nice 6 mile straight away, so i decided to hit it, the car gradually got smaller n smaller, so i figured it wan an integra or something of that sort come to find out it was a SC lexus, older like 95 but still a lexus that was put to shame.
1. What gear were you in at 115??
2. What year 530?
3. You beat a 9 year old car! Congrats!

Classic post here. Then all the young kiddies are going to support you and tell you your cool, when your not.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LessisBestmakingendsmeet
2. What year 530?

Classic post here. Then all the young kiddies are going to support you and tell you your cool, when your not.
actually he said brand new 530 which would be the new design. as far as performance is concerned it's quite comparable to the TL even though it's only rated at 225hp but it does have 214 lbs of torque. the performance numbers will be close to what the TL puts down.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:42 AM
Intermediate

Actually, the new 530 may be able to keep up to 60mph because of the RWD, but from a roll, it should lose everytime. It traps a few mph lower than the TL. Trap speed is the main indicator of a car's acceleration strength. The TL should pull away everytime from a roll, if the driver knows how to drive.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
530...!!!

The 530 is a dog compared to the TL. 0-60 in 7.19 secs....

reaction time, etc and a number of other factors play into it...

They are great cars do not get me wrong and they accelerate and handle well. but they give up a full second on the 0-60 so how it was able to keep up. Now see how you stack up against a 545.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Burning Brakes

at 115mph, you're risking a serious traffic ticket... becareful driving .. dont' give TL a bad name
Racing is fun, but sometimes it will cost you alot of money if you get caught.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:20 AM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mickey3c
The 530 is a dog compared to the TL. 0-60 in 7.19 secs....

reaction time, etc and a number of other factors play into it...

They are great cars do not get me wrong and they accelerate and handle well. but they give up a full second on the 0-60 so how it was able to keep up. Now see how you stack up against a 545.
No doubt. RWD or not, the 530i weighs about the same as a TL with only 225 HP and 214 ft-lbs of torque (versus 270/238 in the TL). Late '80s/early '90s Stangs had the same HP and more torque and the TL can take 'em in the 1/4-mile. Yes, I know those Stangs are "old" but I know about them first hand since I know a couple of guys that have them.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by EnigmaofTL
Great! In a few days, I'm going to own a car that is owned by many immature little street-racing punks. I feel like crying.

haha...but doesn't it make you feel better that your TL will be able to kill those evil 530's? or those lame lexus sc's? go TL racers, GO!!!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Instructor

Don't buy one! you seem like the type that would do 10 under the speed limit and give the TL drivers a bad rep anyway.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:59 AM
EnJ
Anti-Acura TL

Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
at 115mph, you're risking a serious traffic ticket...
That's insane! I believe what you wrote about the race but going that fast on I-84 is crazy! Everytime I'm on that road I see nothing but state troopers hiding out. Not only that but 84 is a really old road and pretty broken down in some parts. You definitely have balls in my book; I'd never go more than 70mph on 84, and that's seriously pushing it. My friend just got a ticket by exit 13 last week for doing 67 in a 55.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

street racer

I do believe that the acura tl is now the Civic of about 6 years back... People buy them to tune them and they have impressive performance numbers and all... I have been on this forum for a few years and I hear more and more younger drivers are buy the TL. You hear about the 6-7 year finance deals people are getting.

Comptech as well as other manufacturers are making performance parts that do not void the warranty. And insurance is going up on them...

And...

Hell I had a VR6 want to go at a light down the street from work with a coffee cup in his hand..
Old 02-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Instructor

I have to agree with this "race magnet" thing. I was on the highway the other day minding my own business and this guy in a 350z was driving casually next to me then all of a sudden he felt the urge I guess to gun it. He did so a few times, weaved in and around traffic and do it again when I caught up and I am sure it was to get my attention but I ignored and he gave up. I just could not figure out this guy. I mean what the hell go find a rice pocket rocket some place else and race it. Hmmm I guess it's just the car's agressive good looks that gets the "racers" blood all pumped up.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

You hear about the 6-7 year finance deals people are getting.
No sh!t. What a joke.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

maybe...

I got a tl and g35x and I always get someone who wants to race... I mentioned in the previous post about a VR6. If you think about it in some cases people want to see if their cheaper v6 powered car can out perform an 30k+ car..

In this case I was in the G and it weighs about 615 lbs more. On paper the 2door VR6 models are about 3035 pounds with about 195 torque (3200 rpms) and 200 hp (6200rpms). He had lowered the car and there was some exhaust mod with 17 or 18 inch tires.

In both cars the results are the same. The vr6 even with a faster reaction, hangs around till about 40 and then the fun begins...
Old 02-18-2005, 10:59 PM

to answer some question..the bimmer was n 05 (brand New) and yes im young, but i dont race often my average highway speed i would say is about 65, mind you this car was put out in the market targeting the younger croud, plus 530 is the closest bimmer(performance wise) to the TL, but of course about 20k more, plus i was just having a lil fun, im sure many of you have, also the beating a 9 year old car comment, as i said that was just a straight away and after noticing how bad i got the guy, i laid off thinking it was a ricer.

Sry a youngster can afford a nice car before you did.

2. What year 530?

1. 115 in 4th
2.brand new 530
3.like i said i figured it was a ricer
Originally Posted by TheMainEvEnt
at 115mph, you're risking a serious traffic ticket... becareful driving .. dont' give TL a bad name
Racing is fun, but sometimes it will cost you alot of money if you get caught.
i completly agree with you, 115 is a very risky speed, but i knew the highway was open cop clear and safe timing, but i do apreciate your concern

Originally Posted by EnJ
That's insane! I believe what you wrote about the race but going that fast on I-84 is crazy! Everytime I'm on that road I see nothing but state troopers hiding out. Not only that but 84 is a really old road and pretty broken down in some parts. You definitely have balls in my book; I'd never go more than 70mph on 84, and that's seriously pushing it. My friend just got a ticket by exit 13 last week for doing 67 in a 55.
hey couldnt help but notice your from beacon, i used to work at the sunoco station on exit 11, my bro is there now, yea i agree 84 is kinda rough but b/w exit 12 n 11 it's pretty nice
Old 02-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Team WDP Surgeon General

Got news for ya. Car dealers will sell cars to almost anyone. It doesn't make much difference whether you make 30k or 800,000K. Rates will vary. Some people are just better at knowing whether it makes sense as a purchase or not. If I made 50k a year and was single and lived in a cheap apartment I might buy one, but geez 3/5ths of a years salary.

I much prefer making 10 times that and spending the same 30+k on my wheels. But I'm also glad that many people of all ages like them.

Please be carefull. I see many people in my ER that also think the road is safe, up till granny pulls out in front of them in her Volvo.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Racer

Oseteo,

with that last blurb, I think you mean to say that many people in the ER think that the roads are safe to use as their own personal playground until granny pulls up and provides the impetus for a rather nasty accident.

anyway... I love it when people tailgate me. Provides a great reason to slow down... waaaaay down.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Team WDP Surgeon General

Exactly Yoda. Can you imagine what might happen if that guy on your tailgate was 04Acura.
Roadrage city. I'm sure 04 is a nice guy, but this just isn't smart. I like how the car moves too, but the worst thing that could happen isn't the speeder's death.

I wonder if granny was his grandmother or mom what he might think.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Racer

LOL!

I'm all for roadrage... makes the news entertaining

As for your second comment, I figured that the worst thing WOULD be the speeder's death, or worse... an innocent bystander.

Gotta say, as the car breaks in (I only have 3K so far) it does want to go a hell of a lot faster... think I might want to take this thing to the track sometime soon

But if I want to do some real head turning... I'll just drive my Lotus.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:29 PM

not for nothing guys, but im sure everyone here has opened their cars up..especially when you were young, n if you say other wise i'd think your lying, i mean i didnt pick the race, this guy wanted to pick a race with me, so i just put him in his place, do i do it 24/7, No, do i know when to n not to , Yes, so i mean theres gotta be room for play.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Hello!

I do believe that the acura tl is now the Civic of about 6 years back... People buy them to tune them and they have impressive performance numbers and all... I have been on this forum for a few years and I hear more and more younger drivers are buy the TL. You hear about the 6-7 year finance deals people are getting.

Comptech as well as other manufacturers are making performance parts that do not void the warranty. And insurance is going up on them...

And...

Hell I had a VR6 want to go at a light down the street from work with a coffee cup in his hand..
Its sad but Honda/Acura just attracts some pretty sad people that think they drive the holy grail of cars, when its okay. And they are modding cars that really, should be left pretty much stock. These people make it bad for all Acura drivers and give us that rice image instead of a luxury image.
I would get a G35 if I was into modding, a much better starting point and a much better aftermarket.
Originally Posted by jmn4667
No sh!t. What a joke.
Yes, but the old guys get flamed for bringing whatever small image the TL has down Its ridiculous. 6-7 years for a 35k car?
Old 02-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Kollage is funn!

Originally Posted by 04AcuraTL
not for nothing guys, but im sure everyone here has opened their cars up..especially when you were young, n if you say other wise i'd think your lying,
never....racing people and going WOT is VERRY immature..... .......

Old 02-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Kollage is funn!

2. What year 530?

530s didn't have HIDs in 95......
Old 02-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Hello!

Originally Posted by shawn744
530s didn't have HIDs in 95......
he said he raced another car
Old 02-19-2005, 04:51 PM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Its sad but Honda/Acura just attracts some pretty sad people that think they drive the holy grail of cars, when its okay. And they are modding cars that really, should be left pretty much stock. These people make it bad for all Acura drivers and give us that rice image instead of a luxury image.
I would get a G35 if I was into modding, a much better starting point and a much better aftermarket.

Yes, but the old guys get flamed for bringing whatever small image the TL has down Its ridiculous. 6-7 years for a 35k car?
I couldn't agree more.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Pro

[QUOTE=LessisBestmakingendsmeet]Its sad but Honda/Acura just attracts some pretty sad people that think they drive the holy grail of cars, when its okay. And they are modding cars that really, should be left pretty much stock. These people make it bad for all Acura drivers and give us that rice image instead of a luxury image.QUOTE]

What about Infiniti & Lexus. They are at the same tier as Acura and every other one of those brands I see is modded. Is that changing the image of those manufacturers away from Luxury? Absolutely not.

Sounds like you are basing your comments on the less than 1% of Acura owners that are members here.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:43 PM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

[QUOTE=apwalsh]
Its sad but Honda/Acura just attracts some pretty sad people that think they drive the holy grail of cars, when its okay. And they are modding cars that really, should be left pretty much stock. These people make it bad for all Acura drivers and give us that rice image instead of a luxury image.QUOTE]

What about Infiniti & Lexus. They are at the same tier as Acura and every other one of those brands I see is modded. Is that changing the image of those manufacturers away from Luxury? Absolutely not.

Sounds like you are basing your comments on the less than 1% of Acura owners that are members here.
I very rarely see a Lexus "riced" out. Mabye an IS300 or an old GS but not very often. Around here, I mostly see Hondas, Mitsubishis, and Nissans that have been "riced".
Old 02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Instructor

Why even bother to race a 530i? IMO my wifeys TL type-s is faster than my 530i.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro

Plenty of them here in NY. But then again, they will put rims on anything here as long as the engine starts.