Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Side Moldings

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Side Moldings

Hi folks, does anyone have pictures of their vehicle with body Side Moldings? I am debating, putting them on my TL or not. I would appreciate any pictures of TL's w/ BSM's on your vehicle.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Legend75
Hi folks, does anyone have pictures of their vehicle with body Side Moldings? I am debating, putting them on my TL or not. I would appreciate any pictures of TL's w/ BSM's on your vehicle.
Hope this helps, I would say get them, I like the way they look...
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89329
Old 10-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the picture, however, I do believe that your under body spoiler on the drivers side is SILVER not anthracite! No offense but that looks like crap! The rest of the under body spoilers match up fine! Might want to check that out! Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Great pictures thanks a lot!!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Legend75
Thanks for the picture, however, I do believe that your under body spoiler on the drivers side is SILVER not anthracite! No offense but that looks like crap! The rest of the under body spoilers match up fine! Might want to check that out! Thanks for the reply.
No, it's the way the light was shining on the car when I took the pic. The only thing that's a different color on teh car os the bumper but we won't get into that issue...LOL
Old 10-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Advanced

We have bsm's on our 04 TL and love them. I think they actually enhance the lines of the car and blend in very nicely. Also, if you live in a city then they are well worth the cost.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Instructor

Is it possible to take the Body Side Moldings off yourself after the dealer installs them without screwing the paint up etc?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Yes, they can be removed - they use double-sdied tape. I remove it by olossening the adhesive with mineral spirits, applying some heat (200-300 degrees max).

Personally, I despise the BSM's on this TL, and the C5 Vettes. Hionda went all out to add the nice, indented character line up at the beltline - it integrates with the side markers and the door lhandles. The moldings look like what was left when the indentations were "carved out", and then glud below. (I do not mean literally). Like door edge moldings, the BSM's break up the smooth line of sight, and look very added-on. The BSM's appear nowhere in Acuira sales manual's for a reason - they do not add to the beauty of the design.

As to their practicality, I comment say - my epxerience has been that I always get a ding from the one cat whose door does not align with the moldings. Now that PDr makes repairs inexpensive and quick, with no re-painting, i have not considered BSM;s on any of my cars. I have seen them added to the S2000, and it is blasphemy!
Old 11-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the insight Road Rage, I also must agree, in every TL advertisement and on their website I do not see BSM's anywhere. I think it makes the car look ugly. However, I do not want door dings and I do not want my car to look ugly with them on!!! So I have no idea what to do... Ahhhhh!!!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
unfortunately, you wont get much protection. if you look at the curve of the door, and horridly imagine another cars door about to dent it, it wouldnt hit the bsms. it would actually be in between the bsm and the door handle.

the original location of the bsms already kind of mess up the lines of the car, but imagine how disgusting it would look if they were higher, just under the door handle, where it would actually work? i would throw up each time i saw it.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:49 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Originally Posted by ayethetiense
unfortunately, you wont get much protection. if you look at the curve of the door, and horridly imagine another cars door about to dent it, it wouldnt hit the bsms. it would actually be in between the bsm and the door handle.

the original location of the bsms already kind of mess up the lines of the car, but imagine how disgusting it would look if they were higher, just under the door handle, where it would actually work? i would throw up each time i saw it.

BSM's most certainly doesn't guarantee that you won't get any door dings.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
My best defense is offense - I have a reserved parking space at work, so I know who is on either side. When I go out, I park far away from anyone else - so far, so good. And if I get a ding, it is off to PDR for me.

http://www.autobarn.net/pasmmadogu.html
Magnetic door guards are sold in various forms and styles - but it seems to me that someone inconsiderate enough to ding someone might see such gizmos as a challenge - still, many are made and sold, so they must be doing some good. Perhaps someone seeing such a gizmo might think twice about knocking your car - perhaps even think you have a surveillance camera.

Hey, that's any idea - have some sort of ding guard, but have a stencil shop print up something you can attach to it that says "This vehicle has a surveillance system if dinged".
Old 11-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
I guess they are only good if you know and trust your fellow parkers, since the magnetic door edge guards can be easily removed by someone who either wants them or is offended by them. And if someone was really offended by them, he could always take them off and then ding ding ding.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Instructor

So the general consensus is do not get the BSM's apparently. Well looks like it is a popular belief not to get them. Thanks for the insight guys.