Sponsored by:

Best time to buy a TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best time to buy a TL

Hey all,

New to member to the forum here but I've been reading the stuff here for a while now. I'm in the market for a base 07 TL with navi. I'm planning to keep it for a long time (5+ years). When do you guys suggest is the best time to buy a new TL? Now, before the year ends or during the spring time. I would like to buy at the time where the best deals are available. Thanks!
Old 12-21-2006, 07:49 AM
GreggRob

Originally Posted by DBase
Hey all,

New to member to the forum here but I've been reading the stuff here for a while now. I'm in the market for a base 07 TL with navi. I'm planning to keep it for a long time (5+ years). When do you guys suggest is the best time to buy a new TL? Now, before the year ends or during the spring time. I would like to buy at the time where the best deals are available. Thanks!
Just bought my 07 TL w/ nav. at Marin Acura, north of San Francisco. Paid 977 bucks over invoice. Paid 1515 for an 8 year/120K extended warranty. Don't think I could have done much better than that. But I think buying the car a week before Christmas may have had something to do with it. If you near Santa Rosa California, don't buy at Prestige Acura. I do not recommend it. Good Luck
Old 12-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Racer

now the 4.9% is good till 1-2-07... but the want to unload before the end of the year. they have to move product...research now, get a paper trail and by before the end of the year
Old 12-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Racer

Last few days of the year are the best....Month end and year end numbers are on their minds. I bought on the last day of the year last year and got a great deal.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Instructor

last day of the month and christmas - new years are always good.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Instructor

Hey all,

Dbase,

I have always believed that december is the best time to buy a car. End of the month and end of the year. On top of that, if you can find a new dealer and buy now, you will do very well. Lucky for you, you live in Atlanta, and they just opened a new dealer in Roswell. GO THERE THIS WEEKEND!!

The dealer name is Jackson Acura. They are located on Alpharetta Hwy north of Mansell road on the left. I just bought my TL-S from them on Wednesday. They were very easy to deal with. My salesman's name was Vladamir. Find the invoice price of the car, and then make them the offer. I sat down with the salesman and the sales manager, and told them that I wanted the TL-S for $35,500. They said yes and I have the car.

Good Luck!
Old 12-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GreggRob
Just bought my 07 TL w/ nav. at Marin Acura, north of San Francisco. Paid 977 bucks over invoice. Paid 1515 for an 8 year/120K extended warranty. Don't think I could have done much better than that. But I think buying the car a week before Christmas may have had something to do with it. If you near Santa Rosa California, don't buy at Prestige Acura. I do not recommend it. Good Luck
GreggRob, what was the invoice price? Thanks..
Old 12-21-2006, 06:22 PM
RAR
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey all,

Next week! End of month & year.

RAR
Old 12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Seems like everybody is suggesting the year end is the best time to buy a car. Then again, I read somewhere on other posts that spring time would be the best as dealers will start going below invoice. Then again, dealers would probably go way below invoice by the end of the year next year when the 2008's are out....decisions...decisions....
Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by saw1
Dbase,

I have always believed that december is the best time to buy a car. End of the month and end of the year. On top of that, if you can find a new dealer and buy now, you will do very well. Lucky for you, you live in Atlanta, and they just opened a new dealer in Roswell. GO THERE THIS WEEKEND!!

The dealer name is Jackson Acura. They are located on Alpharetta Hwy north of Mansell road on the left. I just bought my TL-S from them on Wednesday. They were very easy to deal with. My salesman's name was Vladamir. Find the invoice price of the car, and then make them the offer. I sat down with the salesman and the sales manager, and told them that I wanted the TL-S for $35,500. They said yes and I have the car.

Good Luck!
sounds like I could save couple thousand $$ by driving north a few hours for one of those kind of deals!!!