Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Availability of 6MT (for test drive)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Availability of 6MT (for test drive)?

Anybody knows when the 6MT will be available to test drive?

I've been told by one dealer that they should have 6MT for test drive purpose only (not for sale) before the end of october...

Can't wait

P.S. By the way, I was sold to the TSX before I test drove it. Nice car, but I need way more HP and torque.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Availability of 6MT (for test drive)?

Originally posted by subzero

P.S. By the way, I was sold to the TSX before I test drove it. Nice car, but I need way more HP and torque.
Me too. I love the TSX, except for no power.....it was fun to drive specially the 6 speed.

too bad I can't test drive the 04 TL auto or mt.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:42 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Re: Availability of 6MT (for test drive)?

[i]
...too bad I can't test drive the 04 TL auto or mt. [/B]
why is that?
Old 10-15-2003, 05:42 PM
Instructor

Re: Availability of 6MT (for test drive)?

Anybody knows when the 6MT will be available to test drive?

I've been told by one dealer that they should have 6MT for test drive purpose only (not for sale) before the end of october...

Can't wait

Well, I doubt it will come out for you to test drive by end of Oct. I have asked serveral dealers and only few dealers has confirmed the build date.
check out the following treads about the build date. You should contact your dealer about your build date.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=63157
Old 10-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Instructor

Lightbulb Re: Re: Re: Availability of 6MT (for test drive)?

why is that?
HE IS AT GERMANY!!:p
Old 10-15-2003, 06:40 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Re: Availability of 6MT (for test drive)?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bitium
[B]Me too. I love the TSX, except for no power.....

Its a sad state of affairs when 200 HP is not enough power.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

It is the torque, not the horsepower. My old 96 Maxima SE-5MT was much faster than my 99 TL-Navi and as fast as my 03 TLS-Navi.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:15 PM
CL Newbie No More

2004 TL 6MT

I attended a 2004 TL launch in Vancouver tonight. I asked about the Dynamic Package (i.e. 6speed) availability and the Sales Manager told me that they are not scheduled for production until November.

I doubt that you will be test driving one this month.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:23 AM
Cruisin'

Re: 2004 TL 6MT

Originally posted by ex-prelude
I attended a 2004 TL launch in Vancouver tonight. I asked about the Dynamic Package (i.e. 6speed) availability and the Sales Manager told me that they are not scheduled for production until November.

I doubt that you will be test driving one this month.
I agree that production of 6MT will be in november (or even december) but I tought that a few would be available just for test-drive purpose. BTW, 6MT have already been tested by Car&Driver and Jeff @ Vtec.Net...so they exist right now!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:12 AM
7th Gear

Hi Subzero,

I attended the big TL unveiling at my local dealership last night. My 6speed dynamic package TL is expected to arrive by the end of the month--earlier than they originally anticipated. (I was promised November when I first put my hold money down). My salesperson said I'd be getting one of the earliest available. I hope that's not a bad thing. I'll be test driving the demo TL navi this afternoon. It's blue with camel--classy, but I'm getting the ebony interior, and anthracite. The blue looked pretty marked up last night after all the sticky hors d'ouvres covered fingers had handled it.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:47 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks cosimo. You say that you'll be test driving the demo TL navi this afternoon...6MT?
Old 10-16-2003, 02:21 PM
7th Gear

You're Welcome. I forgot that the Navi/6MT can co-exist in the US. Up here we can have only one or the other--so of course I prefer to have my fun shifting (although the navigation package was a blast--a very calm but firm female voice offers you directions--instantly adapting her directions to account for any failure by the driver to follow the instructions). Anyway, given how much we enjoyed driving the automatic today (very good power, excellent grippy control even on gravel-covered curves at high speed, good braking, pretty good responsiveness on acceleration), I have no doubt the M6T will offer everything we've been looking for. The Brembos and the performance tires will be a bonus--at least for the week or so I'll get to try them out before I switch to winter snow tires. The parts guy said he got caught in the first snowfall with high-performance summer tires last year, and the result was frightening. My dealer said my 6MT will arrive at the same time as the demos, so I guess I won't be driving it until I own it.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by cosimo
You're Welcome. I forgot that the Navi/6MT can co-exist in the US. Up here we can have only one or the other--so of course I prefer to have my fun shifting (although the navigation package was a blast--a very calm but firm female voice offers you directions--instantly adapting her directions to account for any failure by the driver to follow the instructions). Anyway, given how much we enjoyed driving the automatic today (very good power, excellent grippy control even on gravel-covered curves at high speed, good braking, pretty good responsiveness on acceleration), I have no doubt the M6T will offer everything we've been looking for. The Brembos and the performance tires will be a bonus--at least for the week or so I'll get to try them out before I switch to winter snow tires. The parts guy said he got caught in the first snowfall with high-performance summer tires last year, and the result was frightening. My dealer said my 6MT will arrive at the same time as the demos, so I guess I won't be driving it until I own it.
What color combination you placed order? I was told from at least 10 dealerships that the build date for 6MT is starting 11/1/2003. How can you get your 6MT car by end of Oct even at west coast Canada area? Seriously, I hope the 6MT launch schedule is sooner than what I was told..... I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THAT DAMN CAR..
Old 10-16-2003, 04:04 PM
7th Gear

Hi Zima,

I'm actually located in southern Ontario which is just a day's drive from Ohio (and only three hours from the Windsor/Detroit border). I'm only passing on what my dealer has told me, but last night he seemed very happy, and very certain that I could expect my car by the end of October or in the first few days of November. I did place my order about two and a half weeks ago--right after I test drove the TSX and happened to hear about the TL--so I do expect that mine will be one of the very first on the road up here. We don't have all of the same colour options as you, but I've ordered the Anthracite/Ebony Dynamic package.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Good to hear about that. Sorry, I didn't realize you are at S. Ontario area. Hey, it seems like I need to move to there, huh?
Now, if that's the case, the 6MT build order will be like this:

Anthracite: End of Oct/ Beginning of Nov. (orginally was quote 11/09~11/14)
Blue: 11/15 ~11/19
other color: unknown....
:p