The allure of a new car is like an addiction

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004 | 08:03 AM
Advanced

The allure of a new car is like an addiction

The lease on my 2000 M roadster is up May 31 and my plan is sell my 95 540 when the lease is up and use the proceeds as a downpayment on a new TL. I am hoping to hold out til the 05s come out and save a few bucks on not having to make any more payments for several months. But last night I gave a thought to going to the dealer and getting one much sooner. Once that thought entered my head, rationality ended and it was like I became obsessed with getting one even before my lease is up. I am hoping some cold water to my face will bring me to my senses.
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:06 AM
Instructor

wow an m roadster thats one of my favorite cars...a friend of mine was lookin to buy a new car he makes huge money..I said in my opinion the m roadster would be a great buy.. i also think it will be one of those classic bmw's that will always retain its value...much like my other favorite beemer the old 635's what a beutiful car...but the roadster is my favorite..my buddy got the s2000 a nice car but not a roadster...I was looking to get the wrx sti, thank god i went to the dc car show as soon as i saw the tl i knew that was my car..ive heard rumers that they might be making a 300 hp type s tl in 05 im not sure if thats true. I hope its not front wheel drive, and i hope i get a good tradein on my tl, hah hah...as for goin out sooner to get your car if you can swing it hell yes i would also hold on to the m roadster no matter what...good luck jjay 04 slv tl six spd nav 18" rims... you can check my car out at cardomain.com under jjays 04 tl i think... i still cant figure out how to post a picture on this sight
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

I succumbed to the same bug a couple of weeks ago. I got the dealer to buy out the rest of my lease (3 payments) and have a new TL in my garage. You could probably get a better residual and thus a lower payment if you do so now, providing the dealer will do the same thing for you as he did for me. Sorry to add "fuel" to your addiction!
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:17 AM
Intermediate

Re: The allure of a new car is like an addiction

Originally posted by 04TLmayB
The lease on my 2000 M roadster is up May 31 and my plan is sell my 95 540 when the lease is up and use the proceeds as a downpayment on a new TL. I am hoping to hold out til the 05s come out and save a few bucks on not having to make any more payments for several months. But last night I gave a thought to going to the dealer and getting one much sooner. Once that thought entered my head, rationality ended and it was like I became obsessed with getting one even before my lease is up. I am hoping some cold water to my face will bring me to my senses.
04TLmayB,
I know exactly how you feel! I bought an 04 Toyota Solara aboutseven months ago, only has 8K miles on it. Then I saw the TL in a magazine and read all the wonder reviews it got. Then I saw one in person! I'm hooked! My addiction/obsession kicked in! The only problem is my wife will have my testicles if I buy a TL. First, because I'd take a huge hit on the Solara, and secondly, because the TL is quite a bit more money than the Solara.

What should I do?

I'm getting the shakes from new-car withdrawl!

HELP! I need a fix!
Old 03-27-2004 | 09:23 AM
Zaino under fingernails

I can relate to you guys.

I was holding off trading my Odyssey until a spring break traveling trip with the family passed. When my wife told me that she wanted to cancel the road trip, I was at the Acura dealership in a flash. Thank God the sales guy traded for another car in a nearby city, once I had the fever it was awful. Waiting for delivery would have been a nightmare.

They're a great car, and they make driving a blast again for me!
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:17 AM
Burning Brakes

I went to the dealer to buy my wife an RSX and we ended up getting the RSX and a TL. I have no will power.....but the wife is very happy and anytime you can keep the wife happy means, well, other married guys know what this means
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:25 AM
Racer

not just married guys but anyone with a live in spouse.
Old 03-27-2004 | 11:28 AM
I6

04TLmayB: If you do get the TL are you going to change your name?
Old 03-27-2004 | 12:15 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Norse396
I went to the dealer to buy my wife an RSX and we ended up getting the RSX and a TL. I have no will power.....but the wife is very happy and anytime you can keep the wife happy means, well, other married guys know what this means
Same situation here Norse. The only thing is now I have to Zaino her car too. Have I created a monster? :p
Old 03-27-2004 | 12:28 PM
Advanced

If I get the TL, the name will change, I actually calmed down a bit since my post, looks like the disease is in a slight remission period, but I don't know how long my immune system can repel the new car bug. I love my old car, I love my old car, I love my old car................................
Old 03-27-2004 | 01:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Norse396
You are my idol, Norse! How did you pull that one off?! An RSX AND a TL AND a happy wife AND you get what happy wives give!

I am not worthy! Please offer valuable advise. :worship: