3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura of Auburn in Massachusetts deserves a recommendation. Short Story inside.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Riu
2004 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Acura of Auburn in Massachusetts deserves a recommendation. Short Story inside.

I bought my Acura at Acura of Valley Stream on Long Island and whenever I bring my car they act as if they are doing me a favor by servicing it.

I go to school in Worcester Mass and the closest dealer is Ron Boushard's Acura of Auburn and I have to say, going to this dealer is a pleasure. I have gone in for service 3 times and each has been fast and easy and done with a smile.

My last visit 2 weeks ago, I presented my steering wheel to Joe on the Silver Team there because the leather was wearing on the top. This is something that is my fault because of how I hold the wheel and make my turns. He said he would talk to his boss because it is not something they usually replace. I called him a few days later and he said his boss said they would replace it once for me under the warranty free of charge.

I just wanted to give them a recommendation and say that this dealer is a quality one. I doubt my original dealer would have done this for me. Anyone in Mass might want to look at this dealer if they are not happy with theirs.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

I have to agree. I did not purchase my TL from them, but all warrenty work has been done by them. Very professional group down there and I have never had any issues with them.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good to see a dealership and service team being professional and courteous without bs.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
no doubt... they really took care of me at Acura of Auburn about 10 years ago when I had my Integra... Even though I didn't purchase the car from there...

to them...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:58 AM
2006 TSX 6 spd Nav

Thumbs up

I didn't buy my TSX from them, but I did go there to test drive some cars and they have excellent customer service. I live really close to them and I plan on bringing my car there for all my service. A+ Dealer
Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Safety Car

Ill tell u one thing every dealer in NY blows hairy moose dick. the only one I found that has the best service is the one in manhattan they are willing to work prices out with u not only for sale of the car but for service if it comes down to having to pay for work other than warranty. Valley stream quoted me at 800 a month for a 39 month lease and 0 down. with a credit score of 780. a bunch of greedy jerk offs if u ask me. I bought the car at rallye which has good sales but again HORRIBLE service another bunch of pricks who act as if theyre doing u a favor by warrantying and fixing shit. I went to rallye with nothing down and got the car for 480 a month....but would never use their service for anything.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Blazin with your Moms in

Must be something about the MASS Acura dealers.. Claire Acura in Norwood "goodwilled" my tranny when it died on me two years ago!!

Trending Topics

Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Yeah, i gotta add my

I bought my whip outta state (from Massachusetts), and the Auburn spot has been nothing short of professional when i go there for service. They seem to be very conscious (sp?) of making sure that the customer is satisfied. I received a phone survey from Acura prior to my last visit. I completed the survey and the next day, the service manager (Jeff i think) had all of my responses on the screen infront of him. It's nice to know that they are driven to maintain a superior level of customer service and feedback. Chalk one up for Ron Bouchard...

(I hope i can continue to say this after i try to get them to address my issues related to TSB's 05-020 & 05-025. )
Old 02-27-2008, 09:22 AM
aw1
Pro

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
Ill tell u one thing every dealer in NY blows hairy moose dick. the only one I found that has the best service is the one in manhattan they are willing to work prices out with u not only for sale of the car but for service if it comes down to having to pay for work other than warranty. Valley stream quoted me at 800 a month for a 39 month lease and 0 down. with a credit score of 780. a bunch of greedy jerk offs if u ask me. I bought the car at rallye which has good sales but again HORRIBLE service another bunch of pricks who act as if theyre doing u a favor by warrantying and fixing shit. I went to rallye with nothing down and got the car for 480 a month....but would never use their service for anything.

Totally agree. NY Dealers SUCK!!
Old 02-27-2008, 09:31 AM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripnbeats

I grew up in NY (long island) and I moved off the island four years ago. NY is a place that I love but a lot of the people there just suck. They don't care about your things or your cars. As long as as it doesn't affect them, who gives a shit. Not all people in NY are like that but I have traveled far and wide beyond the island and I have met some really great people. Try the dealer down here in Charlotte and see how well they treat you. Great people all around.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Safety Car

yea man outside of NY people are actually pleasant u can sit n have a convo about shit for hours n not realize it....here its like hey how r u good great fuck off peace!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Riu
2004 TL

They do this thing with Silver team and Blue team and I have no idea how it works but I seem to have associated myself with the Silver team.

I agree with everyone here that NY dealers seem to be shitty. I have only been to one NY acura dealer but parents have an Infiniti and Lexus and both are pretty bad when it comes to service.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:27 AM
LyfeIs what you make it!

The Acura in Valley Stream, NY on Merrick sucks. I went there several times and they completely ignored me. First dealership I ever went to where I actually had to go to the dealer for help and when I did he was a prick.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Riu
2004 TL

Originally Posted by LyfeIs
The Acura in Valley Stream, NY on Merrick sucks. I went there several times and they completely ignored me. First dealership I ever went to where I actually had to go to the dealer for help and when I did he was a prick.

yup its sad.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Racer

I live in Douglas, so I only goto acura of auburn for any type of services my vehicle requires.

They are very nice people indeed, one time the technician spent a good 1/2 an hour to fish out the pennies that have slipped down the coin tray, he took apart the console and everything, free of charge even though my car was out of warranty period.
I tipped the guy nicely.

I would highly recommend them to anyone in MASS
Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 AM
J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LyfeIs
I asked them for a service call 4 months ago and they still haven't gotten back to me.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Riu
2004 TL

Originally Posted by korrupted
I asked them for a service call 4 months ago and they still haven't gotten back to me.

Sounds right. Thats how they work.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:41 PM
04 NBP 6MT Navi

Originally Posted by Riu
I bought my Acura at Acura of Valley Stream on Long Island and whenever I bring my car they act as if they are doing me a favor by servicing it.

I go to school in Worcester Mass and the closest dealer is Ron Boushard's Acura of Auburn and I have to say, going to this dealer is a pleasure. I have gone in for service 3 times and each has been fast and easy and done with a smile.
As a fellow Bouchard, I do take offense to the incorrect spelling of such a great last name... haha just kiddin, you were closer than how most people spell it

any of you mass people ever consider Sunnyside Acura in nashua, nh?? no tax up here
Old 02-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Intermediate

Glad to here Auburn Acura knows what they're doing. I would also like to recommend First Acura of Seekonk, MA for those who reside in South Eastern, MA or Rhode Island. They have been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended. See Mike Robalo in sales, he's the man. He's been with Acura/Honda for 25 years!!

BEWARE!!!! BEWARE!!!! BEWARE!!!!

HERB CONNOLLY ACURA OF FRAMINGHAM. The worst dealer I have ever dealt with. Purchased my 05 TL from them. Make a long story short, the sales manager called an ass and told me I don't desearve to drive a TL. (I'm a 22 year old accountant in boston. Doing very well for myself I would think.)

They tried to screw me on my delivery date by not providing the agreed upon accessories (all weather mats, update nav disc, new tires, mud guards). They tried to screw me on my interest rate. I got 4.9% (used car) and they had 12.5%!!! on my app. They tried to screw me in every way. When i showed up to get my car...it was covered in snow. not washed and had gum on the stearing wheel!!!!!

I reported them to the B.B.B. of Massachusetts. I've also written 4 letters to Christopher Connolly - owner of the dealership. He has yet to respond.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Safety Car

arent prices higher with no tax states?
Old 02-27-2008, 02:08 PM
04 NBP 6MT Navi

JROCK..

Sounds like you got the shaft from them my man. I was also 22 when I went shopping for my TL and got a few strange looks. But I would also stay away from Herb Chambers dealerships. I dont know if they sell a lot of cars with blemished titles but I did 2 carfaxes on TL's I wanted to buy and both were either totalled/rebuilt or had flood damage.

As for higher prices in no tax states... I havent really compared exact prices from state to state but I see no incentive for people to jack up prices. I know pretty much all stateline stores to very well from people coming up from mass
Old 02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Riu
2004 TL

lol oops my bad on the spelling. Did not even notice.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:42 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
seems that all the herb connolly dealers suck, I had similar experiences with their dealership next door to Acura several years ago when I bought a used truck through them
Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

sounds like Connolly is doing shady biz. :shakehead
Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Intermediate

Herb Connelly in Framingham definitely sucks. Plenty of problems there. Acura of Boston on the other hand is the Best! I'm going there tomorrow. I called today to make an appt. and she said she could take me tomorrow. Other places I've called make you wait. I believe the Boston one is owned by Bernardi.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Cruisin'

I'm here in Woburn, MA and need my rotors replace under warranty (warped).

I thinking of going to Acura of Peabody. Has anyone had any experience with them...god or bad?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2008, 06:06 AM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Boston is Bernardi, I just bought my tls there last week, cant say anything about their service yet....and hopefully like my 06 I still wont be able to in 2 years like I cant say about Peabodys service department, never had a single problem with that car
Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 PM
05 AT NAVI

My 2 Cents... I've been to almost all of the massachusetts dealerships (except for first acura).

In order of CRAPINESS: (Crappiest dealer is first!!)

Clair Acura = SUCKS. They scratched my rear bumper, lost customers keys, they have some serious issues that they need to work out. They couldn't fix my car, so they recommended that I go to a different dealership.

Herb Connoly in Framingham = They Suck as well. Their answer to every issue is: "Yeah that's a normal charachteristic of the car!"

Acura of Boston = One of the worst service advisors I have ever met in my life. SHE could care less if your car was fixed or not. If she's in a rush to go somewhere, you're gonna have to wait till tomorrow to get your work order. Doesn't return phone calls. PATHETIC!
They are def not as bad as the first 2 dealerships though, so if you go avoid the girl that sits all the way in front!

Acura of Auburn - Great Service Dept. They are very helpful, they go above and beyond to make sure that you are satisfied. I highly recommend them.

Inskip Acura in Warwick, RI - Probably as good as Acura of Auburn. Clean service dept, courteous and helpful (most of the time). They will always have a loaner available for you. Half of their loaner fleet have navigation in them. Highly recommended as well.

SUMMARY: DON'T GO TO CLAIR (WALPOLE), HERB CONNOLY (FRAMINGHAM), OR HERB CHAMBERS (BOSTON)
Old 02-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JROCKACURA
Glad to here Auburn Acura knows what they're doing. I would also like to recommend First Acura of Seekonk, MA for those who reside in South Eastern, MA or Rhode Island. They have been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended. See Mike Robalo in sales, he's the man. He's been with Acura/Honda for 25 years!!

BEWARE!!!! BEWARE!!!! BEWARE!!!!

HERB CONNOLLY ACURA OF FRAMINGHAM. The worst dealer I have ever dealt with. Purchased my 05 TL from them. Make a long story short, the sales manager called an ass and told me I don't desearve to drive a TL. (I'm a 22 year old accountant in boston. Doing very well for myself I would think.)

They tried to screw me on my delivery date by not providing the agreed upon accessories (all weather mats, update nav disc, new tires, mud guards). They tried to screw me on my interest rate. I got 4.9% (used car) and they had 12.5%!!! on my app. They tried to screw me in every way. When i showed up to get my car...it was covered in snow. not washed and had gum on the stearing wheel!!!!!

I reported them to the B.B.B. of Massachusetts. I've also written 4 letters to Christopher Connolly - owner of the dealership. He has yet to respond.
Interesting, I bought my 07 TL S from Herb Connolly, and so far they have been GREAT. Good deal and outstanding service, at least so far.
Anyway thanks for this thread, its helpful to know that I can always go to Auburn.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
WHAT?! Acura of Lynnwood wouldn't replace him!!! AND I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM! SOBs...POS dealer...roar! Good for you though...how professional! haha
Old 02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Instructor

When shopping for my 04 TL I checked out Auburn and Framingham. Framingham was terrible, the sales manager wouldn't give me a price until i agreed to purchase with a $1000 down payment and told me there was no guarantee that i would be able to get one because it was a new model. Auburn was great, a friend of mine bought his 04 TL and then his 05 RL and couldn't praise them enough. And I finally settled with Sunnyside in NH, it was a complete no hassle best price transaction and their service is great. Unfortunatly when purchasing my 07 TL Type S the finance manager I bought my 04 through (delt with him directly, no salesman) was no longer there and the salesman and general sales manager put me through some crap. But I still walked out happy and absolutly love their service department.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since everyone is giving their opinion on dealers i might as well give mine. My favorite dealer , in NY, by far, is Acura of Westchester. i just purchased my 5th car in a row from them and i have to say it is a joy everytime i go in there. everyone in sales, down to parts and service are very friendly, and since ive been going their for years i am on a first name basis with alot of the people their, very frienddly dealer i look forward to doing business with them for years to come.

On the other hand, the WORST and i do mean WORST Acura dealership i have been to has to be Paragon Acura . I went there once to check out a car they had and i have to say that they were the most unprofessional people i have ever dealt with in my life. first of all i had an appointment with a particular salesman at 9am on a saturday morning. so i get there and there is not one sales person on the floor, they are all in a meeting, which if u ask me is rediculous. there were about 5 people other than myself waiting and no sales people. they showed up areound 10:30....long story short the car i went there for didnt exist, they lied to get me there. they showed me instead this peice of sh*t Tl that i couldnt even believe they would sell, it should have been driven off a cliff. Long story short, i would not advise anyone to buy their car there. the only reason i went there was bc i was told by my salesman at AOW to go check out a used car they had and he would do a dealer swap for me. What an absolute waste of time.....
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had great experiences with both Acura of Boston and Sunnyside Acura in Nashua. Never really dealt with Peabody.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Valley stream acura does blow

Rallye is the shit.. bought both my TL's there and bring them in whever i have a problem...

they usually look "past" my mods... and one time, they helped me with a rattle i was getting from my AEM cold air...
Old 03-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Being in western mass, there arent really any dealers that close... but i found a good deal on my car at Acura by Executive in North Haven, CT and didnt have any problems with them until right after i bought the car (although i noticed their financial guy wasnt very bright and tried to make me sign things suspiciously quickly). they pretty much dumped me off right after the sale and refused to make me happy on any minor fixes i asked of them as part of the purchase (minor stuff like missing the valet key, trunk liner and 3rd brake light cover hanging, old mud guards leaving marks, etc). Its not close to me (~1.5hrs away) and they didnt seem to care and just kept telling that they didnt have enough loaner cars for me and to just keep coming back later and there was nothing they could do for me. I eventually got into a heated argument with the manager (i had to wait for the other lady to finish yelling at him for sending off her new car she was waiting for).

Then, i went to the Stevenson Acura in Wilmington, NC while i was on a trip for a simple oil change, and they made me wait there for almost 5 hours! Wasnt happy about that. They were friendly and half-apologized at the end, but it was still unreasonable (and they didnt even wash the car after all that time). You have to make sure they know youre waiting for them there. I ended up standing in front of the service desk for the last hour so they couldnt forget about me again.

I was starting to think all the dealers were gonna turn out to suck, but i'm excited to hear the rave reviews of the Auburn one. Thats actually the closest one to me anyway and i've yet to try them. I knew Ron Bouchard's honda dealership (more north, in fitchburg) was really good cause thats my mothers dealership and shes never had a problem.

Anyway, from my experience, AVOID ACURA BY EXECUTIVE (north haven, ct) AT ALL COSTS. They look professional, but thats about it... just out for your money with no care for their customers. And they were rated as one of those "dealerships of distinction". Guess that award doesnt actually mean anything except they sell a lot of cars and dont offer surveys to all their unhappy customers (is there a way to rate experiences with dealerships?).

Good luck to you all with finding a good dealer!
Old 03-01-2008, 02:32 AM
White 2000 TL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MrBostonTL
I'm here in Woburn, MA and need my rotors replace under warranty (warped).

I thinking of going to Acura of Peabody. Has anyone had any experience with them...god or bad?

Thanks
They do great Work really professional Work i love that dealer there the only people i let touch my car as far as a dealer go's cuz I've had no problems with them
Old 03-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hirsch014
(is there a way to rate experiences with dealerships?)
I have completed two phone surveys and one online survey regarding my experiences at Acura of Auburn. The service manager gets the info from the survey almost immediately (The sevice manager asked me why i gave a seven on one of the questions from the survey i took the night before i went in for an oil change).