Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to purchase an 06 NBP TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About to purchase an 06 NBP TL

Hey everyone, ive been looking at TL's for many months now and I think I have finally found "the one." It is a 2006 NBP w/ black interior, nav and rear decklid spoiler. 32,100 miles listed for $27,8XX I was quoted $26k including TTL. I was hoping to get it for around $25,000. Anyways, Is this a good deal? (One of my friends works for them and would like him to make money, but at the same time I dont want to be ripped off)

I have a few questions and would like to get them answered before i fly out to Cali from arizona and take delivery of the car.

Never bought a car out of state before, so the TTL, does that mean anything if i will be registering the car in Arizona? Or will i have to pay TTL again once i register it in AZ?

It will be purchased from a dealership, but not an Acura dealership so how does the warranty work? Is it transferable?

Thanks a lot guys, this is a great forum and cant wait till i actually join the family instead of asking questions all the time lol.

Oh yeah, here are the prices from edmunds and kbb. which one do you guys go by more?

KBB:
Suggested retail: $29,275
Private Party: $26,820 (excellent condition) and $25,265 (good condition)

Edmunds in outstanding condition:
Trade in: $26,574
Private Party: $28,318
Dealer Retail: $29,703

Edmunds in clean condition:
Trade in: $25,516
Private Party: $27,248
Dealer Retail: $28,555
Old 12-13-2007, 02:52 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jtsangAZ
Hey everyone, ive been looking at TL's for many months now and I think I have finally found "the one." It is a 2006 NBP w/ black interior, nav and rear decklid spoiler. 32,100 miles listed for $27,8XX I was quoted $26k including TTL. I was hoping to get it for around $25,000. Anyways, Is this a good deal? (One of my friends works for them and would like him to make money, but at the same time I dont want to be ripped off)

I have a few questions and would like to get them answered before i fly out to Cali from arizona and take delivery of the car.

Never bought a car out of state before, so the TTL, does that mean anything if i will be registering the car in Arizona? Or will i have to pay TTL again once i register it in AZ?

It will be purchased from a dealership, but not an Acura dealership so how does the warranty work? Is it transferable?

Thanks a lot guys, this is a great forum and cant wait till i actually join the family instead of asking questions all the time lol.

Oh yeah, here are the prices from edmunds and kbb. which one do you guys go by more?

KBB:
Suggested retail: $29,275
Private Party: $26,820 (excellent condition) and $25,265 (good condition)

Edmunds in outstanding condition:
Trade in: $26,574
Private Party: $28,318
Dealer Retail: $29,703

Edmunds in clean condition:
Trade in: $25,516
Private Party: $27,248
Dealer Retail: $28,555
When you buy your car, if it's financed, it doesn't matter as they will do the tag and title work for you wherever you live. They will just give you a temp tag to ride home with, and your state tag will come in the mail.

But if you pay cash or check for the full amount, then they will give you a temp tag from the state where you purchased it from, and then the title work must be done at the Motor Vehicles where you live.

As for the warranty, I don't know if you are talking factory or aftermarket. If it is an Acura warranty, doesn't matter what Acura dealer you take your car it will still be in effect from one state to th next even if you bought your car from a non-Acura dealer. Aftermarket warranties go by their own rules and you must read them to know about service. But generally, you can take your car anywhere that's certified, Acura dealer or not.

NBP for the win! Hurry up and mod man!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
What's the actual price of the car w/out all the fees? You stated that it is 26k OTD but I think it would be more helpful if you let us know what you are actually paying for the car.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would stick with $25 walk out price. i used to be a salesman.
if you stick with the price, be firm, they will end up giving in. most car salesmen do, and most assistant salesmanagers (ASMs) end up giving in also. tell them you want $25 including TTL. if not, theyll try to convicne you into a different car.

right now is holiday season, but despite what you may think, it's one of the worst times for business. for some reason january is the preferred buy time.
go on like a tuesday or saturday evening, about 700pm.and try to stay and fight until closing or after if need be. they'll give in most likely. also buying right now is good. because november was probobly a shitty month for them, so right now they're still trying to recover and hit their quota for last months remainder and this month. hahaha

my 2 cents.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by darksom1
When you buy your car, if it's financed, it doesn't matter as they will do the tag and title work for you wherever you live. They will just give you a temp tag to ride home with, and your state tag will come in the mail.
Be careful with that. Not every state or dealership does out-of-state sales taxes the same way with used cars. Your good deal might be just Ok if you have to pay another 6% or so when you register in-state.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
how did i just assume that the first reply was going to be an NBP owner?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Racer

25K out the door for an 06 NAV with 32K mi sounds too good to be true..make sure the car has a clear title and not salvaged one. This is 26-27K car, why would a dealer sell it for 23.5+taxes (25 OTD) when they probably paid for it the same 25-26K.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

Originally Posted by darksom1

But if you pay cash or check for the full amount, then they will give you a temp tag from the state where you purchased it from, and then the title work must be done at the Motor Vehicles where you live.

As for the warranty, I don't know if you are talking factory or aftermarket. If it is an Acura warranty, doesn't matter what Acura dealer you take your car it will still be in effect from one state to th next even if you bought your car from a non-Acura dealer. Aftermarket warranties go by their own rules and you must read them to know about service. But generally, you can take your car anywhere that's certified, Acura dealer or not.

NBP for the win! Hurry up and mod man!

I will be financing through an Arizona credit union, but it will be purchased in cali. I havent had a chance to call the credit union to see how this is going to work. I originally planned on buying through a private party, but this deal seems really good, even if i was looking to spend 25 instead of 26.

So for the tax of the car, am i going to get taxed again once i register it in arizona? if so, they better knock off a couple thousand so i end up spending a grand total of only 26 and no more.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

Originally Posted by ggesq
What's the actual price of the car w/out all the fees? You stated that it is 26k OTD but I think it would be more helpful if you let us know what you are actually paying for the car.
Didnt ask my friend that, all i wanted to know was what i was going to spend all together and these questions im asking now didnt come up until i was at home. I will ask tomorrow and give you guys a heads-up.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

Originally Posted by jungsoo726
i would stick with $25 walk out price. i used to be a salesman.
if you stick with the price, be firm, they will end up giving in. most car salesmen do, and most assistant salesmanagers (ASMs) end up giving in also. tell them you want $25 including TTL. if not, theyll try to convicne you into a different car.

right now is holiday season, but despite what you may think, it's one of the worst times for business. for some reason january is the preferred buy time.
go on like a tuesday or saturday evening, about 700pm.and try to stay and fight until closing or after if need be. they'll give in most likely. also buying right now is good. because november was probobly a shitty month for them, so right now they're still trying to recover and hit their quota for last months remainder and this month. hahaha

my 2 cents.
cant really do the negotiating game because im out of state. I want to get a final price before i go and take delivery...plus my friend works there so i hope he is giving me his best price. Sucks that he knew i was in the market for a TL and he knows what my budget is
Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

Originally Posted by Kostyan
25K out the door for an 06 NAV with 32K mi sounds too good to be true..make sure the car has a clear title and not salvaged one. This is 26-27K car, why would a dealer sell it for 23.5+taxes (25 OTD) when they probably paid for it the same 25-26K.
My friend works for them, maybe thats why he can get me a good deal. Supposedly, they paid 24k for it. They use this thing called "auto check" i believe which is kinda like a car fax, it shows up as a clean title, but i will check carfax just to doublecheck.