3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Side Mirror Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FADE
What is the best way to remove the screws and clips from the rear bumper? I do not want to break any of the clips. I guess I am going to have to jack the car up to get at the screws in the wheel well unless anyone has a better suggestion.
do like i do, use a screw driver where the head is on a right(90) angle
Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Thread Necromancer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Got them on

Old 11-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got them on

[IM G]http://www.acuraclubdfw.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2322& g2_serialNumber=2&g2_GALLERYSID=f3010d559898525a35 21a50a36eff717[/IMG]
Looking good

How long did it end up taking you?
Old 11-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Thread Necromancer

Originally Posted by [dRu]
Looking good

How long did it end up taking you?

Thanks

It took me about an hour once I found my offset screwdriver in my toolbox.

Taking the plug for the led board out and putting it in the new lights was the most time consuming part. I did one side at a time so I did not have to take the bumper totally off. I wish I had my side markers in to, but I guess they are in back order limbo.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Got them on

B*stard.

They look great!
Old 11-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Thread Necromancer

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
B*stard.

They look great!
Old 11-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Fade I'm in the reverse situation, the markers are in (15 min job if not less) but no tails.

Why exactly do you need to have the bumper off? Didn't someone mention you can do it without removing it? I really rather not remove it, maybe I can work around it somehow.

And there is only 4 nuts holding the tails on correct? thats all I saw when I looked at the back end while the lining was out during the side marker install.

And post some pics from further away, I have an SSM TL too, just hoping it will look nice.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:06 PM
Thread Necromancer

Originally Posted by DeadLock
Fade I'm in the reverse situation, the markers are in (15 min job if not less) but no tails.

Why exactly do you need to have the bumper off? Didn't someone mention you can do it without removing it? I really rather not remove it, maybe I can work around it somehow.

And there is only 4 nuts holding the tails on correct? thats all I saw when I looked at the back end while the lining was out during the side marker install.

And post some pics from further away, I have an SSM TL too, just hoping it will look nice.
Nope you got to take it off. There is a mount under the light too. You have to take the bumper off to get to it.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadLock

check out my thread https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148013 second page i did a short DIY there is no way around it really, cuz of the two bolts covered by the bumper.good luck.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try this site.

http://stores.ebay.com/Acura-of-Esco...dZ2QQpZ4QQtZkm
Old 11-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks guys............its not that its hard to take off (its actually pretty simple, I just like to be lazy sometimes)
Old 12-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Safety Car

How hard is it to take the side mirrors off? Any pics or diagrams? Thx.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:54 AM
kenobichen24

Originally Posted by Royce Han
your dealership is lying, they are hoping people like me don't show you actual pics of the 07 type-s tail lights, side blinking mirrors, and rear side marker installed on a nighthawk black 2004 TL like mine. would you like to see, i just have to upload a few pics to photbucvket, not too much effort. ah phooey, that's it . it doesn't matter cuz everyone will have to see it now, regardless....oh and yes, my mirrors are operating fully as they should, blinker, heated, memory, and basic movement/control. also, the mirrors and rear side markers do actually require a teeny tiny bit of modding to allow fitment- nothing to cause any heartbreaks for anyone- no el moleste. the taillights i can confirm were a direct simple swap. just remember if you buy the 07 type-s tails- YOU ONLY NEED the outer lamp lense housing and DO NOT PAY the extra 200- 300 dollars for the acutal LED circuit board screwed onto the lamp housing. you will use the ones you already have, OF COURSE unless you prefer the 07 NON type-s style which has cleared out lenses where leds shine through, those would require the LED circuit boards that illuminate RED LED's instead of our already equipped WHITE LED circuit boards. i hope you people understood what i just meant by all that. you want red leds behind clear lenses, and white leds behind the red lenses, for maximum illumination. red behind red would cancel out brightness and obviously white behind clear is just straight illegal, dumb. now you get it, i hope?

sorry for bringing up an old post, but your TL looks awesome man. so do you have white LED with red lamp lens outside? how much did it cost? and which decklid spoiler do you have? OEM or factory? what do you think of the new TypeS decklids? thanks.

'05 TL/NAV/manual 12/01/06
Tint (this weekend)
spoiler (next)
maybe the TypeS taillights!?
Old 12-29-2006, 06:40 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by kenobichen24@yahoo.com
sorry for bringing up an old post, but your TL looks awesome man. so do you have white LED with red lamp lens outside? how much did it cost? and which decklid spoiler do you have? OEM or factory? what do you think of the new TypeS decklids? thanks.

'05 TL/NAV/manual 12/01/06
Tint (this weekend)
spoiler (next)
maybe the TypeS taillights!?
hey no problem bro, i don't mind at all even if it's 10 years later haha, i just get busy someitmes and can't reply right away, that's all. thank you for the compliment, actually, i made a mistake when making that assumption of the red lense and white led, a kind enough fellow acurazine member pointed that out to me (thanks again, by the way) but it's actually a red led circuit board behind the type-S red lenses. my spoiler is actually an OEM knock off of the 04-06 lip style. you really can't tell the difference but the reason i went with the knock off was strictly because i didn't want to put 2 holes in my trunk lid that the oem version requires you to do. also, i checked into the 07 type-s decklid spoiler and found out that it's only about 100 bucks versus the 04-06 lip spoiler which is around 350.00 they do have a tiny difference, hardly noticeable if you ask me but also the new 07 type-s comes with it and you don't have a choice but to like it, also i looked at the breakdown install photo view of the 07 lip spoiler and it has way more than just 2 holes drilled into the trunk lid, why?
Old 12-31-2006, 03:13 AM
kenobichen24

Originally Posted by Royce Han
hey no problem bro, i don't mind at all even if it's 10 years later haha, i just get busy someitmes and can't reply right away, that's all. thank you for the compliment, actually, i made a mistake when making that assumption of the red lense and white led, a kind enough fellow acurazine member pointed that out to me (thanks again, by the way) but it's actually a red led circuit board behind the type-S red lenses. my spoiler is actually an OEM knock off of the 04-06 lip style. you really can't tell the difference but the reason i went with the knock off was strictly because i didn't want to put 2 holes in my trunk lid that the oem version requires you to do. also, i checked into the 07 type-s decklid spoiler and found out that it's only about 100 bucks versus the 04-06 lip spoiler which is around 350.00 they do have a tiny difference, hardly noticeable if you ask me but also the new 07 type-s comes with it and you don't have a choice but to like it, also i looked at the breakdown install photo view of the 07 lip spoiler and it has way more than just 2 holes drilled into the trunk lid, why?
do you have any complaints about your "knock-off" lid spoiler? i read some are an inch or so shorter than our trunks' width. is the 3M tape secure with weather and wear/tear? how long have you had it? who did you buy it from? and where did you get those smokin' smoked trunk emblems?! thanks.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:11 PM
Weather Watcher

^ I want to know as well. Its as if u read my mind. Damn I'm abt to waste a lot of money on this bloody car. Love it tho. Thanks.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Weather Watcher

Got them on

Nice, do you have any pics of the whole back of the car with both tails in view. I'm kinda on the fence with this. Wondering whether these tails would look better on my 04SSM with my blacked out headlights or whether I should just go ahead and tint them instead....... decisions, decisions. I do know I'll get the rear side markers tho.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm here to let anyone who is interested in putting the '07 side mirrors on an '04 - '06 TL that it is NOT plug and play or just simply drilling an extra hole. I went to an Acura dealer to have mine installed and got into an arguement with the service manager and a mechanic over this. Because of this thread and pictures posted by Royce I figured this would be a simple install. NOT!!! They had to use there best mechanic, who supposedly knows the TL inside and out, to do the install. He told me that there is no way for this install to be plug and play because the '04 - '06 side mirrors weren't designed to blink or came with blinkers, so the mirrors needed an extra harness to make it work. I figured this made sense, but I wanted proof and before he completed the install he showed me the extra harness that was needed. I have an '05 TL w/Nav and I don't know if the '06 side mirror wiring is configured differently (Maybe Royce has an '06?), but this is no simple mod. And it was EXPENSIVE as shit!!!! I paid over $600 to install these things, but I'm happy with them so that's all that counts. I also did the TL-S tails, deck lid spoiler (No drilling needed) and side blinkers as well, so yes, all these mods can be done, but unless you're real savy and know what you're doing it will cost you (side mirrors)! I would post pictures but I don't know how, plus it's still nasty outside so maybe when I wash her up I'll take some pics and figure out how to post them.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
LOL, it is a simple mod when you don't take it to a rip off dealer.

Run a wire to the blinker lights on the front for each mirror, and bolt it up your done.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Ac Man
I'm here to let anyone who is interested in putting the '07 side mirrors on an '04 - '06 TL that it is NOT plug and play or just simply drilling an extra hole. I went to an Acura dealer to have mine installed and got into an arguement with the service manager and a mechanic over this. Because of this thread and pictures posted by Royce I figured this would be a simple install. NOT!!! They had to use there best mechanic, who supposedly knows the TL inside and out, to do the install. He told me that there is no way for this install to be plug and play because the '04 - '06 side mirrors weren't designed to blink or came with blinkers, so the mirrors needed an extra harness to make it work. I figured this made sense, but I wanted proof and before he completed the install he showed me the extra harness that was needed. I have an '05 TL w/Nav and I don't know if the '06 side mirror wiring is configured differently (Maybe Royce has an '06?), but this is no simple mod. And it was EXPENSIVE as shit!!!! I paid over $600 to install these things, but I'm happy with them so that's all that counts. I also did the TL-S tails, deck lid spoiler (No drilling needed) and side blinkers as well, so yes, all these mods can be done, but unless you're real savy and know what you're doing it will cost you (side mirrors)! I would post pictures but I don't know how, plus it's still nasty outside so maybe when I wash her up I'll take some pics and figure out how to post them.
Dealers always think they know more than the customer and if anyone argues with them, they dont even want to hear it or thnk they can learn a thing or two, cuz they have this complex, so gay! They straight bull shitted you, maybe that wasn't their intention it could've been purely due to their lack of knowlede but I feel bad man, but you got hosed.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:38 PM
AcuraTL2004

Originally Posted by Ac Man
I have a 2004 TL and i put those blinkers side mirriors on my car the 07 ones. It wasn't that hard if you do it right. I mean it takes about three hours + to install cuz u have to take off the door panels and everything esle to run the wire professionaly. I had my wire run to the front blinker. And for the 07 Mirriors i have to take of the studs on my 2004 side mirrior and put those studs on the 2007 Mirriors. SO YOU DONT HAVE TO DRILL Anything biggers hole. NO Drilling required. then it will just bolt right back.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, if I had the 07' id do a 04-06 conversion.....sideblinkers? When did that become cool?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Cruisin'

Got the '07 blinker mirrors installed on my '04 NBP TL

I wasn't going to do this install myself. I had my regular mechanic do it. (West County Auto Body and Repair in St. Louis -- Ron is great!) It took about 90 minutes per door for the install. Unlike the other posters on this thread, West County did not run the power wires for the blinkers to the front turn signals. They hooked into the dash. Works great and looks cool... I guess whether you agree is a matter of opinion. Also, I like the larger side view mirrors because you can see more (obviously LOL) which seems to me to be safer, even though the mirrors are big enough to go on an F150.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Cruisin'

Here's a pic of the installed mirrors...

Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 PM
6th Gear

Hey swtboi131 do you have a phone number and name for who installed your mirrors? Kinda wondering what harness they used, so i can have all the info when i take mine to my dealership to have them hooked up. thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hooked into the dash? How?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Got them on

Are the tails flush with the bumper? If not, how far out do they stick out?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:55 AM
AcuraTL2004

Originally Posted by treyd82
Hey swtboi131 do you have a phone number and name for who installed your mirrors? Kinda wondering what harness they used, so i can have all the info when i take mine to my dealership to have them hooked up. thanks in advance.
On post #73 you see the pictures there. but on mines we didn't cut into any wires. I had them solder it into the stock adaptor.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:00 AM
AcuraTL2004

Originally Posted by swtboi131
On post #73 you see the pictures there. but on mines we didn't cut into any wires. I had them solder it into the stock adaptor.
My side Mirrors had to be painted also because 07 didnt come in that color.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 AM
AcuraTL2004

Before and After Looks

Old 03-28-2007, 05:34 AM
The Boss

who is here in New Jersey and knows how to do the mirror mod?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:25 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by tehloxely
Hooked into the dash? How?
I don't have the slightest idea, that's what he told me. I could ask if you like, though.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the mirror blinker mod, especially on cars that are kind of dark in color.

Looks good, guys!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I was thinking of doing this mod. These pictures are giving me added motivation.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:46 PM
The Boss

anyone from Jersey knows how to install this? I wanna do this..... pm me.

thanks

Jack
Old 04-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LoReNzZz
Does any1 know if we can order the side mirror blinkers????

If so, let me kno where i can get if at the best price!

Also......is anyone familiar with these lights on the mirrors?!?! Id like to kno if i can put white LED blinkers of White halogen blinkers!

I just orderd some through e-bay and they cost me 300.00,now that's a good deal!.....and there o.e.m!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:33 PM
__B-Series-ous__

Originally Posted by swtboi131

Man i like that.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:02 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
swtboi I have anthracite too. Cost is all that stopped me. If I had a 07 color I would have gone for it. How much did you get charged to get them painted?
Old 05-09-2007, 03:48 AM
AcuraTL2004

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
swtboi I have anthracite too. Cost is all that stopped me. If I had a 07 color I would have gone for it. How much did you get charged to get them painted?
Cost Me around $120.00 for get it painted.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DaddysOnehotAck
I just orderd some through e-bay and they cost me 300.00,now that's a good deal!.....and there o.e.m!!!!
Group buy?

Quick Reply: 2007 Side Mirror Blinkers