3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Side Mirror Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Forced Induction

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura of Escondido has a lot of them in stock, I just placed an order for the side markers and the tails.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Thread Necromancer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow the prices are cheep too!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Forced Induction

Originally Posted by FADE
Wow the prices are cheep too!
yea 300 for everything........I think the side markers are kinda pricey 60 bucks each?

I remember the JDM integra markers were like 30 bucks new

But the tails are cheap, $205 for a set? not bad, considering aftermarket tails sell for that much for some cars.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadLock
Acura of Escondido has a lot of them in stock, I just placed an order for the side markers and the tails.
I checked with them this morning, and they are out of tails at the moment. 6 sets are on way according to the seller.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:49 PM
2010 WDP TL Tech

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm curious to on what kind of modification is needed to install the blinking side view mirrors and how you hooked them up?
Old 11-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone have a detailed description on how to remove and change the tail lights?

OR even better, where can I get like a Hanes book or something for the 04 TL?
Old 11-10-2006, 07:13 AM
Forced Induction

Originally Posted by enigmaos
I checked with them this morning, and they are out of tails at the moment. 6 sets are on way according to the seller.
I will call them today, it would be misleading of them to say

17 available in the auction during the sale if they were "on there way"
Old 11-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Forced Induction

Originally Posted by tehloxely
Does anyone have a detailed description on how to remove and change the tail lights?

OR even better, where can I get like a Hanes book or something for the 04 TL?
This should be it, not sure why they state 2.5/3.2
Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Racer

Great! Thanks DeadLock.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Racer

Hey Royce Han,

Do you have any outside/in the sun/full rear of the car pictures with the new tails? I would like to see the whole picture
Old 11-10-2006, 02:32 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Royce Han,

Do you have any outside/in the sun/full rear of the car pictures with the new tails? I would like to see the whole picture

hello, right now it is raining unbelievably hard and has been for days straight. i promise i will fullfil your request ASAP-of course when the sun peaks through. stay posted...
Old 11-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Forced Induction

Great! Thanks DeadLock.
Ok I talked to Scott, and it looks like they have the rear side markers in stock and those are being shipped out.

The tail shipment he was supposed to get got cancelled from acura, and they are being shady in terms of ETA dates, but the people who did get in on the ebay link are going to get dibs if they dont request a refund, and Scott is refunding the shipping. He claims he will have more tails delivered on the 16th and the 22nd of this month.

But it seems they do have the mirrors and the side markers, just not the tails.

He is very nice to deal with btw, I would deff do business with them again. Super prompt replies via email too.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

^^^ thanks for the update deadlock.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Instructor

2007 Side Mirror Blinkers

hey rbf351, do you have to remove the rear bumper to remove the tailights?
Old 11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
B A N N E D

yes, rear bumper needs to be removed to install tails.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Instructor

thanks Royce Han! how long did it take you to install them? when are you going to post pictures of your entire car with different angle shots? I would love to see it.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:21 AM
B A N N E D

Ok I talked to Scott, and it looks like they have the rear side markers in stock and those are being shipped out.

The tail shipment he was supposed to get got cancelled from acura, and they are being shady in terms of ETA dates, but the people who did get in on the ebay link are going to get dibs if they dont request a refund, and Scott is refunding the shipping. He claims he will have more tails delivered on the 16th and the 22nd of this month.

But it seems they do have the mirrors and the side markers, just not the tails.

He is very nice to deal with btw, I would deff do business with them again. Super prompt replies via email too.

i hate to say it but i told you guys so. shady on eta for tails...HA tell me about it!! i got into an argument with one dealer over there hokey pokiness.. the dealer is an acura and hyundai dealer on the same freaking lot. i got so pissed i acted immaturely and told them maybe they ought to stick to just hyundai stuff because their service seemed only good enough to be on that level of cars. i also said maybe they should try not letting employeed that don't speak english good enough answer the phone with an acura greeting, just say hyundai or don't answer. haha they don't like me anymore... i know i'm a ass, but they deserved it.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Originally Posted by Tim L.'s TL
thanks Royce Han! how long did it take you to install them?
any DIY?
Old 11-11-2006, 05:16 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by enigmaos
any DIY?

install for tails took about 2 hours since the apec lip had to be halfway removed as well as the bumper itself. boy did that suck. DIY? i guess i could go back and take pictures and show you in detail. but reall, if you know how to remove your bumber than the led circuit board swap is easy, straightforward, no magic tricks there. as far as the mirrors go, same deal, if you know how to remove, then you'd figure out easily how to make them go in, does require effortless drilling/widening of the 3 mounting bolt holes of the door where the mirrors would meet. and as far as the wiring for the side mirrors, it's easy, do a T-Tap into the pink with black stripe wire on the new mirrors -both sides have the same pink w/ black wire(this wire is the power wire for the low draw led blinker in the mirror- the led blinker is grounded within the mirror itself, that is why we are only dealing with a single wire connection instead of the usual 2 wires-power and ground. run new wire from the pink w/ black wire and run them straight to the middle wire of the blinker bulb in front of car. the blinker bulbs has 3 wires, all you need to remember is pick the center wire of the three. now the side marker in the back was a true hack job for me. that's the only part that i think would be useful to post a DIY and show you what i mean by "hack". still nothing major with that either. just a funny feeling breaking something you just bought to make it work right...funny . oh yea, i wanted to ask this general question... what you guys say if you came up behind me in traffic and saw my license plate that said FLYRICE... would you think that was funny, or do you even get it? it's 2 meanings, it is what it is...an asian person with a nice accent saying Fried Rice or nice japanese car.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:01 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by FLBusa
Royce...

How did you wire the blinkers in the mirrors?
sorry for the late one... i counted the number of wires coming out of the 04-06 mirror harness plug, and then the new 07 harness. the 07 has just one more wire not 2. confused me so i bought a new Helm TSX manual since it obviously has had the same setup and found that the led blinking unit is grounded within the mirror itself , only requiring one wire to come out and go straight to it;s power source.

bottom line, you run the pink w/ black stripe wire on both sides (mirrors) right to the front turn blinker bulb, you want to hook them to the middle wire of the 3 in the turn blinker: it's the same on both sides.no fuses or any thing special required since i've been told they are low draw leds.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:06 PM
B A N N E D

Dam man, I dont understand how people get everything so dam FAST lol..........

Anyways, I just have one question, how did you wire the mirrors? Did you have to run wiring to the parking lights?

And the harness for the mirrors plugs right in, and takes care of all the other functions I assume.
sorry so late to reply, thanks by the way for teaching me about the led circuit board. i don't know why acura would do it like that? anyhow, yes the mirror plugs right in and i've confirmed that all functions are working: memory, auto tilt, heated, movement . so all that is needed to be done is run that one single wire to the front turn bulb.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:15 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by triggle
Are the mirror signal lamps LED or incandescent ?

Royce: you mention mods needed to get the mirrors on. We know they need to be wired into the turn signal circuit, but were there any mechanical mods needed ?

I am interested if the blind spots have been reduced because of the new width or is the lens the same ?
hi, my bad for such a late reply to your question. the mechanical mods to the mirror install consisted of a simple effrotlessly quick drilling of the 3 holes in the door frame where the mirrors mount to. very slight drilling is necessary to make the 3 mounting holes big enough for the 10mm sized bolt now being used in 07 mirrors, instead of the 8mm size we all have/had. there's no way to mess anything up unless you really try to on purpose. just be sure to have a drill bit the next size up from the one that fits in there prior to any drilling and have 6 10 mm nuts with lock washers at hand since that hardware is not included from honda... yes, i believe the blind spot issue you are talking about is now gone, due to the large sized mirror, boy does it look funny when you hold it next to the 04-06, i must say the 04-06 looks better but too late for that now.....
Old 11-11-2006, 08:56 PM
B A N N E D

Hey Royce Han,

here are those pics you requested, there was barely a sun break today so i had enough time to wipe the tails and that was it. i hope this is what you were expecting.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Instructor

those tail are nice. I already ordered mine last week. they look good on a nbp TL, but I have a anthracite. I wonder if they will look this good. what do you think royce han?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:41 PM
B A N N E D

those tail are nice. I already ordered mine last week. they look good on a nbp TL, but I have a anthracite. I wonder if they will look this good. what do you think royce han?

to be quite honest, i can't think of any color combo that wouldn't look good with these. it's just a nice subtle,modest ,yet perfect offset in color that goes with any paint color, it's not like we're choosin some wood grain paneling here on a car WITH the top half painted dirtypiss yellow and bottom half painted doodoo brown, hehe. just kidding. but seriously you should'nt even worry about looking good, cuz we ALL are looking good. -3G TL'ers, that is.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Instructor

I looked at your pictures closely, and i realize that you are from washington. which area are you located at royce han? seattle? thats where I am from.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:10 AM
B A N N E D

i'm down here in tacoma.....well what a coincidence. hey if you need help with install, i wouldn't mind helping you since you're not too far away.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Racer

@Royce Han: Very nice. Thank you for the pictures. You have convinced me to save some money
Old 11-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Team Anthracite

Royce Han... can you show some pictures how how to wire the side mirror?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Instructor

thanks royce han. I will let you know if I have trouble installing them. what kind of drop do you have on your TL.? a-spec?
Old 11-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

thanks royce han. I will let you know if I have trouble installing them. what kind of drop do you have on your TL.? a-spec?
can you take pics while you install them?
Old 11-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Instructor

my digi camera broke because I drop it a few times. I will try to buy or borrow one from my friend to do that.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:47 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by tidus888
Royce Han... can you show some pictures how how to wire the side mirror?
here you go, excuse my sloppy work when you look at the pic of the rubber boot through the jamb closest to fender( un tucked wire). yea yea, i got lazy and sick of the damn vaseline getting all over my hands. hehe i figure if anyone is staring even at that jamb and notices, i'll boot them in the ass while they're still bent over looking.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:51 AM
B A N N E D

you are welcome, a-spec?-nope. well atleast i can say i didn't bend over at the dealer for their a-spec price...but i did piece all of it together except for the steering wheel. i lowered it with Tein SS w/o pillowballs and add a comptech sway bar. i'm not sure how much it's lowered but i believe i still have about 1.5 inches of lowering adjustment available.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Royce Han
you are welcome, a-spec?-nope. well atleast i can say i didn't bend over at the dealer for their a-spec price...but i did piece all of it together except for the steering wheel. i lowered it with Tein SS w/o pillowballs and add a comptech sway bar. i'm not sure how much it's lowered but i believe i still have about 1.5 inches of lowering adjustment available.
Can you please give some directions on how you get your new taillights installed? I just got mine in today
Old 11-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Royce Han
sorry for the late one... i counted the number of wires coming out of the 04-06 mirror harness plug, and then the new 07 harness. the 07 has just one more wire not 2. confused me so i bought a new Helm TSX manual since it obviously has had the same setup and found that the led blinking unit is grounded within the mirror itself , only requiring one wire to come out and go straight to it;s power source.

bottom line, you run the pink w/ black stripe wire on both sides (mirrors) right to the front turn blinker bulb, you want to hook them to the middle wire of the 3 in the turn blinker: it's the same on both sides.no fuses or any thing special required since i've been told they are low draw leds.

Thanks... Appreciate it. Good info.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Intermediate

Btw Royce, I actually got the tail lights installed myself the other day. All your tips in this thread really helped though.

For people wanting to know how to install them, feel free to post in here or send me a PM. I unfortunately did not take any pictures, but I could take pictures of what you need/should remove and walk you through it
Old 11-16-2006, 12:11 PM
B A N N E D

thanks, i'm glad everything is working out.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Thread Necromancer

I am pacing waiting for the Fed Ex truck to show up with my tails!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Thread Necromancer

What is the best way to remove the screws and clips from the rear bumper? I do not want to break any of the clips. I guess I am going to have to jack the car up to get at the screws in the wheel well unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Quick Reply: 2007 Side Mirror Blinkers