3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Season 3G TL Autocross Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:11 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Dangit Hooligan....I still want your car! lol. I will get over it some day......if it wasnt you...it was gonna be somebody else! At least it went to somebody cool!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure when my TL will make its competitive debut as it currently has less than 500 miles on it. It might be as far away as the October NASA event at Putnam.

I've been to the Friday night event before and yes it does get very busy. It's a good time though. I have a poker game at my house on Tuesday's so I probably won't make many TNSL's.

Ed Martin did a nice job with the detailing before I picked her up. I'm being told however on this forum that I've paid for the HPT's and was given the OEM stockers so not sure what's up with that.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:59 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
A vid of this weekends SCCA Event #1:

It was a LOT of fun yesterday....we had a blast. A fellow AZ'er came out and joined this week in his TL and did quite well! His runs were right along with the same times my runs made. He even won an award the the end of the day due to the PAX score tally coming in favorable to him because it is mostly stock. I think he won a 4th or something like that. Mike G. from Noblesville....great to see you out there this weeked in your TL.

Now...what I have quickly learned from having somebody else out there with the same model car -

The supercharger really gives you no advantage out on the autocross IMO in this model car. Both Mike and I were running within a second of each other most of the day....most we got apart I think was 2 seconds....but thats because Mike G. hit a cone or two. Either way...both TL's were performing very similarly time wise IMO. (we do have the same suspension setup basically I guess) Overall....he did better than I did due to the fact that his car was in STX (Street Touring Extra Class) class rather than SM (Street Mod) class I have to run in due to the supercharger and CF hood. It was a blast though....glad he came out and raced! Unfortunately I dont have any vids of him racing as we were both in the same run group so my cam was mounted on my headrest mount at the time. I was kinda hoping to get some outside vids of a TL autocrossing for a different perspective....but maybe next time! Another thing that BOTH OF US were fighting all day long were the transmission in these 5AT's. They kept performing very poorly and unexpectedly most of the day depending upon the manuever and sometimes due to the fact it did not do what you told it to was kinda irritating. There was a few times I needed a downshift to rip the car back in high boost and the damn thing wouldnt do it....no matter WHAT I did. (tried low & SS mode both and neither would respond) That was also a factor for the day.

Anyway...fun was had by all I think. I really enjoy having somebody in a car exactly the same so you can feed off of them and get new ideas as to techniques that you might use to develop new strategies of attack of the course. Plus...it was interesting to see we both fought the same troubles all day long with the handling.