Seeing your own car...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Seeing your own car...

So while I've always spotted an occasional RLX, they have always been from afar and usually coming at me in the opposite direction, lending very little time to see it externalized.

Yesterday I finally witnessed one coming up from behind me and slowly passing me, then coming to a stop light slighty in-front of me in the other lane, essentially allowing me to see and experience the car from a distance at every angle while driving, and it was an Advanced exactly like mine (Black/Seacoast). It was that holy shit moment where you really get to externalize and see your own car for what it is and how other people see it, which is tough for us RLX'er's since there just aren't that many of them in the wild yet (which I like). All I can say is that the RLX body design is one hot sexy m'fer. Simply stunning body design and unlike ANY other car out there. It really does carry a unique presence all it's own. Minimal, futuristic, superiority, with an element of sexy, upper elegance is the only way I can try to describe it.

Once again it is absolutely mind-boggling to me how such a beautiful car is soo impossible to capture it's presence via photo's. I honestly think part of the problem with photo's is being too close. You really have to step back a good 50-100ft to really see what the RLX body design is all about. Like when you are walking up to the car in an empty parking lot and you really get to see it's overall presence. Gonna have to try to get some pics from a distance to see if it captures what I'm talking about.

Happy Sunday gang.

Last edited by holografique; 07-06-2014 at 10:27 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by holografique:
acuranj18 (07-06-2014), hondamore (07-06-2014), justnspace (07-06-2014), mr2core (07-09-2014), neuronbob (07-06-2014), ReLaX (07-06-2014), wstr75 (07-06-2014) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,859 Likes on 14,004 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

I think the RLX is not a bad-looking vehicle. And certainly, post some of your photos when you have a chance to shoot your car.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
So while I've always spotted an occasional RLX, they have always been from afar and usually coming at me in the opposite direction, lending very little time to see it externalized.

Yesterday I finally witnessed one coming up from behind me and slowly passing me, then coming to a stop light slighty in-front of me in the other lane, essentially allowing me to see and experience the car from a distance at every angle while driving, and it was an Advanced exactly like mine (Black/Seacoast). It was that holy shit moment where you really get to externalize and see your own car for what it is and how other people see it, which is tough for us RLX'er's since there just aren't that many of them in the wild yet (which I like). All I can say is that the RLX body design is one hot sexy m'fer. Simply stunning body design and unlike ANY other car out there. It really does carry a unique presence all it's own. Minimal, futuristic, superiority, with an element of sexy, upper elegance is the only way I can try to describe it.

Once again it is absolutely mind-boggling to me how such a beautiful car is soo impossible to capture it's presence via photo's. I honestly think part of the problem with photo's is being too close. You really have to step back a good 50-100ft to really see what the RLX body design is all about. Like when you are walking up to the car in an empty parking lot and you really get to see it's overall presence. Gonna have to try to get some pics from a distance to see if it captures what I'm talking about.

Happy Sunday gang.
HF,

You're certainly "waxing poetic" in your description and I wouldn't disagree overall, especially considering their rarity.
BUT most of the sedans in this class are reasonably similar. Here on Lawn Guyland, every fifth sedan is an E350. I've even noticed the Tesla S seems more common than the RLX.
Don't get me wrong, I love the RLX, or more precisely the phantom RLXh, I'm interested in the OVERALL package, aesthetics, comfort, power, handling, durability and economy.
Hmmmm? When I think about it, kinda like the woman I selected 27 years ago!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Drifting

Received 565 Likes on 364 Posts
I agree. It's a very nice car and fits well in its intended class. It will never win accolades from those who want to flaunt the fact that they can pay 50K+ for a car. But it is a beautiful, tasteful, well-designed car. I hope they get the SH version out soon so that we can get reviews from the real world. The Krell version I saw at our auto show was stunning.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
It must be just me then bec every time I see one, which rarely happens, i have to look very hard to even notice it's an RLX bec it's looks so similar to econo box cars, esp the rear.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by stagefoursurvivor
HF,

You're certainly "waxing poetic" in your description and I wouldn't disagree overall, especially considering their rarity.
BUT most of the sedans in this class are reasonably similar. Here on Lawn Guyland, every fifth sedan is an E350. I've even noticed the Tesla S seems more common than the RLX.
Don't get me wrong, I love the RLX, or more precisely the phantom RLXh, I'm interested in the OVERALL package, aesthetics, comfort, power, handling, durability and economy.
Hmmmm? When I think about it, kinda like the woman I selected 27 years ago!
I see C/E/S class, 3/5/7 series, IS/GS/LS all day long as well. They are littered everywhere in the area I live. Tesla's come up more and more as well. So I know very well what these cars look like and the "feeling" they conjure up when looking at them. But like I said, for me, none of them quite carry the unique presence that the RLX does. It's just a different looking car, and it's a good kind of different.

If I were to pick one of those cars out of the lot to say that the RLX looks similar too and/or carries a similar presence, I'd say it's the E350 Sedan/Coupe.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
I'd agree. It looks great in motion.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique

Happy Sunday gang.

I rarely see other RLXs but...A gentleman driving a white Jag XF did see mine while I was filling up and complimented me on the car. I get many compliments when driving around and most people don't know which Acura it is until I tell them.

A gorgeous automobile imho but it's difficult to capture its presence in photographs. There are subtle lines, particularly where the hood meets the side of the car that go unnoticed until you're up close. Ah well, it's no Jag but I like it!
Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 89 Posts
I see more and more everyday in NJ. I'm doing a 142 mile round trip commute right now and see at least 5 of them a day. I still have one as a loaner and had another one right behind me for a good 10 mile stretch and we passed a third one. All the same color as well.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

not a great one, but one I snapped the other afternoon...

Name:  rlx.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  102.9 KB

I'll work on snappin a few more here soon...