Drove the car again learned some things, Still don't know alot.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 12:04 AM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Drove the car again learned some things, Still don't know alot.

I took the car to the place today in Dallas to get the bug cover guard on it. I learned how to do the ACC. I had a hell of a time learning how to deal with the navigation system trying to set a destination. I learned that Don't Hit NAVI or Settings to get anything done. To set a destination in the NAVI you have to choose Menu first (why not make it where you hit the Navi to get all the Navi functions???). Anyway took me 15-20 minutes to figure out to hit the Menu button. I was obsessed with Navi and settings buttons. After hitting the menu button then I chose destination. Now here is where I ran into some real trouble. Lets say I have 5 options and the top option was highlighted, How do you get to the one below it?? I pressed down on the big button that has enter on it over and over and nothing, I tried pushing the button on the screen but that isn't touch screen there. I got so frustrated I hit the speaker talk button and selected that option with my voice. Then I went to input the city. I typed the first few letters of the city and then several showed up. I can't use the talk feature for that. I called up 2 different acura places and they couldn't tell me how to scroll down on the Navi. After I don't know how long, I grabbed the button behind the Menu button and turned it to the left and right and the thing moved. I hung up on the people and finally figured this out after atleast 45 minutes of messing around with it. So now I know how to work the Navi but other things I don't know how to do on it.

#1 How do you show places of interest? Suppose I want to find resturants, how do you do that?

This is what I hate about the Navi
#1 Dallas has major traffic. In my lexus I could look and it would show me the next 2-3 turns and how far they are to where I am going. For example. IN the acura It tells me to turn right. Ok I turn right. There are 3 lanes, which lane do I need to be in? Am I going to go left or right for the next move? The next turn could be 100 feet and I don't want to have to beg to get over if I am in the wrong lane. I want to know in advanced which way I am going next instead of waiting until the last minute which I might not get a chance to get over.

Other questions:
Is there any traffic warnings on this?? I had to deal with atleast 5 wrecks today. Several disels hitting each other more then once and sometimes 1 hour wait. I have been in Dallas a lot and I have always heard "condition Yellow". Today it was "condition RED". I have never heard condition RED.

What is acura link? I read something about you have 3 years or some service like they do in the Chevy's atleast the basic service.

When you are doing ACC the LKAC is on. Does it automatically adjust you back in your lane? If so how long does it wait for it to take over itself? I had the lane depature warning go on atleast 12 times. (this thing is bigger then what I am used to).

What is the collasion migration thing? I was coming up on a car pretty fast and I saw like a row of 5 yellow flashing dots pop up where a HUD would be if I had one. was it that system in action??

I always hand wash the car but I had to get it washed for the bug guard. I took it to a car wash and the collasion warning thing went nuts. It showed several Red curves infront of the car. Is that the parking assist or what? I had the car in neutral and it wasn't those 5 yellow lights.

Does this car have rear view mirror auto dimmers? Or is there a switch I have to use to turn it on? It didn't look like it dimmed much of anything.

What do you hit to show what the tire pressure is in the tires? if the tire pressure is low in a wheel will it automatically warn me or I just have to check it? I am used to a MODE button the lexus to switch from one screen to the next but I don't see a mode button.

I have to figure out what those 2 buttons are where the speedometer is. it looks like a clock with an arrow pointing in 2 places. Then next what are the buttons below where the drivers side ac vent is. Traction control off/on? what is CMDS button. I guess I need to pull the book out to look a few things up.

I said it before but I wish the blind spot monitor was actually built into the side mirrors. Hard looking back and forth for each.

Setting up the phone to link to the Bluetooth was very easy though.

I believe this car scratches easy. I have a rock chip on the bug guard now even though I wasn't following very closely at all. I have a few on the side of the fender wells I have to see what it is. This color shows them up good.

This thing does have some power, I got up to 90 a few times pretty fast and still averaged 28/29 even with stop and go traffic I had to deal with. It is definitely faster then what I have.

The audio up and down wheel is nice, just spin it and you can get louder faster.

I am not sure how to hang up the phone I know how to answer it. I think to hang it up is the button under the answer button.

The only bad experience today was trying to figure out how to put a desination into the navi. I was so mad I wanted to set the car on fire. I was in a hurry and no one could help and had to get lucky to figure it out.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Have you read the manual ?

You need the Lexus GS
Destination assist gets you live person puts it in your map Walah

This car seems overly complicated for you if you can't figure out how to hang up the phone
Old 05-07-2015, 05:49 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All of theses questions can be answered in your manual.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:51 AM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Old 05-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,164 Likes on 536 Posts
RTFM. It all can be learned in less than an hour.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
I wish that I had the time right now to answer all his questions, but I don't, really.

Some people learn by seeing things, some people learn by hearing things.

It's possible that this new RLX owner is a "kinesthetic," someone who learns by touching things.

Some of the most intelligent people I've ever known were automobile mechanics who were kinesthetics. :-)
The following users liked this post:
MisterZDX (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015, 07:12 AM
Grandpa

By the way, there's a small separate manual called Navigation Manual. Because it's short, it's less intimidating, but it has a lot of valuable information about the NAV system and how it works.

If you spend a few minutes with that, it'll help eliminate a lot of frustration.

Acuralink: If you can afford to pay for it, this is a big help. All you have to do is push the console button (the one on the left, not the red one), and tell the server what you're looking for.

I use it all of the time.

You don't even need to know an address. You can ask for how to get to a landmark in a city, or you can ask how to get to a restaurant on a road in a city, without knowing the exact address on the road, and it works.

If there's trouble making the server understand, say, "Agent" and tell the human being what you want.

The most expensive option with AcuraLink includes a concierge service. I tried it out, but I'd have very little use for it. From what I experienced before I cancelled it, it's going to work about as well as the American Express Concierge, which would suit almost all of us for getting almost everything done well.

When you are doing ACC the LKAC is on. Does it automatically adjust you back in your lane? If so how long does it wait for it to take over itself? I had the lane depature warning go on atleast 12 times. (this thing is bigger then what I am used to).
Be careful with this. Don't confuse Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning.

If you've turned on Lane Keep Assist with the steering wheel control, it will help you out if it can see the lane marks by actually steering you gently and trying to keep you in the centre of a lane, even if the lane curves.

It's not fool proof. You are still responsible for how the car is steered. The lane dividers could disappear, run out or become obscured at any time, and the only warning you get that Lane Keep Assist has gone off is a little beep. You can't close your eyes...you're still responsible. It's a very valuable tool for arriving at your destination hours away, feeling well, bright and refreshed, but it's not fool proof.

Lane Departure Warning just lights up orange on the side you're violating, and beeps to warn you that you're perhaps going out of the lane. It does not actively guide you back where you should be.

I'm worried that you said that LKAS is on when ACC is on. This is not the case, necessarily. The LKAS is a separate steering wheel control, below the one that sets the ACC distances.

What is the collasion migration thing? I was coming up on a car pretty fast and I saw like a row of 5 yellow flashing dots pop up where a HUD would be if I had one. was it that system in action??
Yes, it lights up the windshield orange if you're closing on something too quickly. If the situation is not relieved immediately, it will warn you further by doing odd things like tugging on the seat belts.

If the situation is still not relieved, the car can automatically brake...sometimes brake hard, but not in a way that is designed to provide a full threshold, limits of adhesion emergency braking event.

So it'll mitigate a collision, but it might not stop it. It's a valuable tool, but you are still in charge and you are still responsible. You cannot rely on Collision Mitigation to keep you from hitting the car ahead of you in a traffic jam, or if you don't pay enough attention.

With both of these systems, you still have to pay attention.
The following 3 users liked this post by George Knighton:
Colin (05-07-2015), neuronbob (05-08-2015), pgeorg (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Pro

Received 355 Likes on 190 Posts
I've read a fair number of your posts and am often left scratching my head why you didn't just buy a Lexus.
I think this emoticon accurately depicts your apparent relationship with the Acura:
You vs. your RLX:
The following 5 users liked this post by Limelight:
2012wagon (05-08-2015), bigtymerdan (05-08-2015), justnspace (05-08-2015), MisterZDX (05-08-2015), woropallo (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
He's still learning about the car. No need to harsh on the man during the honeymoon period.

But dude. You DO need to curl up with the manual. Be warned, though: it is eine kleine nachtlese.
pgeorg (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
I believe at least PART of krava's problem is that the used car buying experience is much different from the new car buying experience. A new RLX buyer sits in the car with a trained Acura sales associate for an hour or two and is educated as to the workings of ALL of the features and then has all of his/her questions answered for as long as it takes. A used RLX buyer has the keys handed to them and is shown the door.

That said, rambling confusing posts aren't the best way to get help in a forum. Sorry
Old 05-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Honestly when I took delivery of both my MDX and RLX I sat in the dealer parking lot, read the manual, experimented with the various menus and settings, asked a couple of questions to the sales rep, but mostly figured it out intuitively. Over the next few weeks I fine tuned my settings like turning off the voice prompts all together as I already have one woman who tells me what to do. I don't need another in my car. (that was a joke so insert laughter or a smirk here please). I did discover recently that there is a chime that plays every time I get in the car that is very unique (about 3-4 seconds after pressing the start button). I don't know if any of you have heard it before, or maybe you have and since I silenced almost everything I missed it for a while.

The manual is fairly good at explaining things but you will have to invest some time in it.

Also in regards to not having any bass in the tunes, if you go to sound settings and click on the down arrow on the right hand side of the lower screen in the dash, you will find the adjustments for center channel, and sub woofer among other things. I don't have the Krell as I have the ELS and with the DST on and playing music through the bluetooth on MP3s from my Android device, the sound is fantastic. I like a stronger front sound stage so I ratchet up the center speaker two notches above center. Also I push up the sub 3 notches, the tweeter 1 notch, and the bass 2 notches. That mix in my car sonically sounds great. Not too boomy, very accurate, and natural mids and highs. Staging is wide and deep with crystal clear tones regarding vocals and various instruments.

Hope this helps.
pgeorg (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 02:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by RLX-Sport Hybrid
Honestly when I took delivery of both my MDX and RLX I sat in the dealer parking lot, read the manual, experimented with the various menus and settings, asked a couple of questions to the sales rep, but mostly figured it out intuitively. Over the next few weeks I fine tuned my settings like turning off the voice prompts all together as I already have one woman who tells me what to do. I don't need another in my car. (that was a joke so insert laughter or a smirk here please). I did discover recently that there is a chime that plays every time I get in the car that is very unique (about 3-4 seconds after pressing the start button). I don't know if any of you have heard it before, or maybe you have and since I silenced almost everything I missed it for a while.

The manual is fairly good at explaining things but you will have to invest some time in it.

Also in regards to not having any bass in the tunes, if you go to sound settings and click on the down arrow on the right hand side of the lower screen in the dash, you will find the adjustments for center channel, and sub woofer among other things. I don't have the Krell as I have the ELS and with the DST on and playing music through the bluetooth on MP3s from my Android device, the sound is fantastic. I like a stronger front sound stage so I ratchet up the center speaker two notches above center. Also I push up the sub 3 notches, the tweeter 1 notch, and the bass 2 notches. That mix in my car sonically sounds great. Not too boomy, very accurate, and natural mids and highs. Staging is wide and deep with crystal clear tones regarding vocals and various instruments.

Hope this helps.

Hi RLX-Sport Hybrid,
Thanks for providing some details on your audio system setup! It sounded really good to me!
I believe the chime you are hearing is the system's start up sound. You can change the volume for it from the system settings.

Old 05-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pgeorg
Hi RLX-Sport Hybrid,
Thanks for providing some details on your audio system setup! It sounded really good to me!
I believe the chime you are hearing is the system's start up sound. You can change the volume for it from the system settings.

Exactly! I like that start up sound. Unique to the car.
pgeorg (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
I like a stronger front sound stage so I ratchet up the center speaker two notches above center. Also I push up the sub 3 notches, the tweeter 1 notch, and the bass 2 notches. That mix in my car sonically sounds great. Not too boomy, very accurate, and natural mids and highs.
Lacking full tech specs for the audio system, my guess is that adding bass with the "bass" setting is adding +3db for each number shown. My guess is that it's adding this centered on ~100-120 Hz and is a rudimentary form of equalization. Adding +1 to the subwoofer is adding gain ie. increasing the volume of just the sub amp. IMO, this using "sub" vs. "bass" should increase output without adding too much boominess since cars seem to resonate around 80-120 Hz.
pgeorg (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 747 Likes on 410 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
Lacking full tech specs for the audio system, my guess is that adding bass with the "bass" setting is adding +3db for each number shown. My guess is that it's adding this centered on ~100-120 Hz and is a rudimentary form of equalization. Adding +1 to the subwoofer is adding gain ie. increasing the volume of just the sub amp. IMO, this using "sub" vs. "bass" should increase output without adding too much boominess since cars seem to resonate around 80-120 Hz.
So if i am understanding this correctly, it is better to add +1 (+2,+3) to the sub instead of adding +1 (+2,+3) to the bass?

Thanks Colin!
Old 05-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by pgeorg
So if i am understanding this correctly, it is better to add +1 (+2,+3) to the sub instead of adding +1 (+2,+3) to the bass?

Thanks Colin!
Generally yes, especially if you want to go loud. It would allow more output before the woofer bottoms out.
pgeorg (05-08-2015)
Old 05-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin
I have experimented with a variety of settings (+/- to the bass and sub). To my ear, what I described is what seems to sound about right. I assume that would be different in the Krell system.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:59 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I test drove my TLX, I did it on a late Monday afternoon. When I was done I asked the GM if I can take it home for the night to play with all the gadgets. He didn't have any problem with it so I had a good 18-24 hours with the car.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Racer

CanadaTL it isn't me vs the RLX. I still think I did do the proper choice. Acura is a lot better value vs the Lexus. The only exception is this new insurance deal that popped up today. That was a real downer. Since the lexus doesn't have trims I could have gotten the loaded version with everything the acura had and not pay 1 dime extra for it. Lexus did put a bad taste in my mouth by having my current car with a "non fixable engine". I never had a problem out of the acura's I had. If I had the decision over again (not knowing about the insurance problem) I would do the same thing and pick the RLX again. The insurance problem adds a BIG Larger cost of ownership to this now. $450+ extra each year then what the lexus would cost in just insurance alone.
I am upset I didn't have more patience to wait for a car but I had to deal with getting my credit up so I was "forced" to buy one. No other options was available. I had to have LONG term credit. Don't get me wrong I like the car. It wouldn't have mattered if it was an S class or BMW, or anything. I have a perfectly working nice looking lexus that has never gave me a problem and I drive here and there. The Acura RLX is my "future car" for when the Lexus gives me an issue or I sell it. If I sell the thing I will be completely changed. I don't think I can sell it for what it is worth and I won't let anyone steal it away from me.

When I bought the car I didn't even get to test drive it. To their credit it was a major thunderstorm with 60 mile an hour winds. I haven't even peaked at the manual. My lexus has voice commands and I never used it once. I will pick up the book when I can.

My buying experience is like this:
1st car 1997 eagle talon in 1997 (new). Didn't test drive it wasn't told anything about it, bought it cash, Had my grandmother drive it home as I was scared to drive it.
2nd car 1999 Vette in 1998 (new) Didn't test drive it. Wasn't told anything about it. Got $10 off the MSRP and drove it home
3rd Car 1998 NSX in 2001 Drove in it as a passenger, didn't know how to drive a stick shift. Wasn't told anything about the car other then "it was special. and no other new version is coming out in 2001 like it was suppose to.
4th car Acura 2003 TL-S (new) Didn't test drive it, wasn't told anything about it. (friend took over the lease a few months into having it)
5th car Current Lexus GS (didn't test drive it wasn't told anything about it)
6th car RLX (Drove a RLX base version hated it said I wouldn't ever get one and the experience was horrible, and also wasn't told anything about it while I was driving it like what feature was what)

These don't include any "beater cars" Like the 2 cars in between, the 1992 ES when I had the NSX and the 1999 VW Passat I still have and leasing it out to someone now for $100 a month. This was the first time I ever test drove a car. I test drove probably 20 of them. The best one I liked being in was the BMW 540D and the 4th gen GS. To sum it up the 4th gen GS is like picking a girl on looks alone with not too much else to offer. Lets say that girl is a 10/10. So take the RLX it gets a 8/10 take another option it gets a 10/10 for value while the GS gets probably 7/10 and you keep doing this and use your brain that is why I picked the RLX. I absolutely hated the driving experience with it when I first test drove it in dallas. I realize I was just making up excuses up why not to like it. I might be rambling on.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Here is what I don't understand krava. Everyone has different ways to make car purchases. Some do massive volumes of research and do things in a very calculated manner. Others don't. Although you stated that most of the cars you purchased previously were completed having never drove the cars or with no knowledge of what you were buying, I can't imagine doing that but different strokes for different folks. Honestly I have to read your posts more than once to follow you most times. I have a hard time understanding why what should be rounding errors from a cost structure are potential deal breakers for you. Your post which I just commented on about how you feel that you were lied to about the insurance cost and that it was $35 more than you expected. If $35 per day would stop you from buying a car, much less $35 per month (which is what I am assuming it is), financially the RLX was likely beyond your budget.

When you said that "you were not told anything about it" when making various car purchases, were you really saying that you knew nothing about the history of the used car you bought, or were they purchased new and you knew nothing about the cars you were buying all together?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:06 PM
Racer

when I say I wasn't told anything about it. I wasn't shown what this feature does or this feature does etc like what you said you were shown when you went and looked at a car (or whoever said they were shown this and that). The previous cars I bought I did minor research, graudually doing more and more on the next car I bought. I did know the price of the car, how much horse power, how many it set, basic things. When I bought the RLX I knew every model and every make and who made what. Another example of not being told anything about it is like this. I pick the car I want without the help of the sales guy. Then I tell the sales guy I want this car. Then we go immediately to the finance guy to buy it. No time to tell me anything about it. Most of the test drives I did I wasn't told much about the car I was driving. The RLX is in my budget if I stop paying my workers $600 a week and take my business over myself which I will do at the end of the year. The RLX and GS were very close to each other in my ratings. I had the GS #1 and RLX #2. Finding a 1 year newer RLX with almost no miles on it sealed the deal. It was either 1 year old RLX with 6K miles or a 2 year old GS with 20K miles and less features. if it was both 1 year and same miles I would have picked the GS.
I have had several financial hurdles while getting this. #1 I wasn't expecting the extra $2300 worth of charges #2 the interest rate. I am exaggerating I know. But I went from 36,500 to now $47,000+ after taxes and interest and that is kind of a big jump. I have developed some bad habits in the past few years. For instance I bought this Tag Carrera watch $3,100 retail for $900 (after ebay bucks). I am feeling guilty about that and got it back on ebay and going to get $100 more then what I paid for it. I bought a $675 laptop which I didn't need and felt guilty about it. (I sent it back). I am a dealer and can get stuff not quite as good for 1/4 the price. I have turned into a complete "cheap ass" and need to get out of that mode. I do have bad habits like spending $30-40 a day or more on food out eating each day (which I am trying to stop). I know you can say don't eat out for 1 day and there is the $40 needed for the insurance. I am not looking at it as $40 but more as 40%. I see the RLX being 40% more expensive to insure then the lexus and I don't agree with that at all. It isn't 40% better. Now the sport hybrid is different. I don't want to get too personal but can I afford the RLX? I made $1178 when I was in dallas at a computer show last Saturday and I am not sure how much at my shop on the same day. I made $700 or more just today. None of this includes ebay which I do pretty good on. The cheapest thing I ever have done is go into a convience store and I wanted something to drink really bad. I had over $9000 cash in my pocket (most of it was to buy computers with that I ordered but I had $1000 extra atleast). I looked at the price of the drink and it was $1.59 for a 20oz diet coke. This was back in 2007/08. Reasonable prices was $1.29 at the time and I said $1.49 was my limit. Because that coke was .10 cents over the limit I walked out not getting anything. (I have outgrown that now). There is this adage that people with money don't like spending it (I HATE spending money) but I am a complete sucker for a deal. I saw that RLX as a major deal and the car could be discontinued and also everyone buying them up so I had to get myself one. Its still hard to find a good advanced one.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:21 PM
Racer

I just saw your last sentence. I wasn't told the features of the car like this is a 4 door car with 310 HP ..... etc. I wasn't told this has this package, that package, what is in a package nothing. I pointed to the car bought it and went straight to the finance guy. That has been a lot of my experience. When I was test driving cars I did ask a few questions but I still wasn't shown different features of the car that I can remember. Hell most of the time the person showing me the car didn't know how to access that feature I had a question about. I put in another post I was on the phone with 2 acura places trying to figure out how to scroll down on the Navigation screen to select something and no one knew. When I made this decision I knew probably more then anyone out there looking for a car. I have a photographic (sort of ) memory and know every HP 0 to 60 , cost, used value cost, what areas that people complained about this and that on the car, what was the last year of the last model change. I knew it all. I just didn't know how to work all the tech.. I also didn't know things like the blind spot monitor was located inside the car on the RLX compared to outside the car on the GS. I knew it had it but not how it functioned. If you remember I was all over the place asking questions in like 8 different forums about their particular car learning this and that. I knew the defects of the RLX before I bought it I knew the defects of all of them actually. It could have been bad resale value, bad electronics, expensive to repair, all kinds of issues but I knew it all. On my previous purchases I knew just a tad bit. I NEVER knew how it drove since I didn't test drive anything ever before I did this time. I would have test drove the corvette but they said no one could and it wasn't allowed. I never bought a car I didn't like to drive except the NSX. If you want to talk about a love hate relationship that was the car. How would you like to go out on a date driving it and run over man hole sewer things in the street over and over each block and bouncing like a jackhammer for miles.

The used cars I bought I didn't know much about the history of. I know the 1992 lexus had a rod shot through the engine and the 1999 VW was my friends that had been rear ended once but he took very good care of the car. The 2 lexus's I had I didn't know any history but whatever they were it wasn't good. I also didn't post but I did buy a stolen 1999 BMW 530 in 2005 for $17,500 and totaled it in 2 weeks and got $21,000+ back out of it. I knew it was stolen according to carfax but I bought it from a car dealer on ebay and I asked how is that stolen when it is in a car lot and not a personal car? How can you register a stolen car. I think I posted this before and not sure how I got side tracked into that. I have learned from my misatkes and the next car I get (probably another car in 10 years) or I trade the RLX for the GSF in 3 years (but I do have to have a lot more business coming in then I do now). I will do research. I will test drive one.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here as it is late and I am tired, but guidelines I follow are if the purchase of any one item in conjunction with the rest of your expenses gets you within 75% of your after tax net income, it does not leave you with any funds for long term savings. The Japanese culture promotes saving first and spending second. In fact Japan has the highest per capita savings rate of any nation on earth, because it is important to them and they have conditioned themselves to be highly disciplined savers and calculated spenders. It sounds like you need more fiscal discipline and you are potentially dancing very close to disaster. It also appears that your business has a cash payroll associated with it which is an IRS, and DOL audit waiting to happen, especially in the highly regulated environment we are in now. I would be extremely cautious about disclosing anything more about your business on this or any forum as it is in the public domain and searchable by authorities if for any reason you were to be investigated. I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong here, but if I were an agent looking for information on a target, you have already disclosed enough to encourage me to look at you where I might not have otherwise. Be careful my friend. I'm done for the evening.

Last edited by RLX-Sport Hybrid; 05-08-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 09:53 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
Krava,
Is your Lexus GS the same one you posted pictures on when you got the RLX. It looked like the interior and exterior was in rough shape, why would you keep that as oppose to just drive your like new used RLX? Owning one car would decrease your insurance cost and since it finance it would still build your credit.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 76 Posts
I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here as it is late and I am tired, but guidelines I follow are if the purchase of any one item in conjunction with the rest of your expenses gets you within 75% of your after tax net income, it does not leave you with any funds for long term savings. The Japanese culture promotes saving first and spending second. In fact Japan has the highest per capita savings rate of any nation on earth, because it is important to them and they have conditioned themselves to be highly disciplined savers and calculated spenders. It sounds like you need more fiscal discipline and you are potentially dancing very close to disaster. It also appears that your business has a cash payroll associated with it which is an IRS, and DOL audit waiting to happen, especially in the highly regulated environment we are in now. I would be extremely cautious about disclosing anything more about your business on this or any forum as it is in the public domain and searchable by authorities if for any reason you were to be investigated. I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong here, but if I were an agent looking for information on a target, you have already disclosed enough to encourage me to look at you where I might not have otherwise. Be careful my friend. I'm done for the evening.
Agreed with your statement, I can't believe how freely folks post so much information about themselves on a public web and then wonder how the government, or employers, got ahold of it.

Krava,
You are posting to much information about you business dealing and yourself. As I said in another post, calm down and just enjoy the RLX. You own it now so JUST ENJOY IT.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by woropallo
Agreed with your statement, I can't believe how freely folks post so much information about themselves on a public web and then wonder how the government, or employers, got ahold of it.

Krava,
You are posting to much information about you business dealing and yourself. As I said in another post, calm down and just enjoy the RLX. You own it now so JUST ENJOY IT.
This is off the OP topic but relative to my last post on this thread. We as a nation who engage in Facebook as well as other online social media get our socks in a bunch when the NSA and other government agencies are snooping (gathering intelligence) on the various details we voluntarily post on the WWW. They are thrilled that Twitter, Facebook and the WWW exists as it only helps speeds information gathering.

Last edited by RLX-Sport Hybrid; 05-09-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Grandpa

They are thrilled that Twitter, Facebook and the WWW exists as it only helps speeds information gathering.
Yes, they are valuable tools for enforcement and for the gathering of intelligence.

Unfortunately, the venue of social media also provides for the cheap and effective propagation of hateful ideology and terrorism.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by George Knighton
Yes, they are valuable tools for enforcement and for the gathering of intelligence.

Unfortunately, the venue of social media also provides for the cheap and effective propagation of hateful ideology and terrorism.
Granted.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Kraft, do you have problems programming your VCR?