Acura RLX Reviews (Sport Hybrid reviews pg 21)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Grandpa

Received 2,609 Likes on 1,475 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69
... a different grille
The grille is different on the production models. :-)

At least, it's "different" if you consider a change in hue a "difference."
Old 05-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Lightbulb MotorWeek

Date: March 2014

Mileage: 4,000
This 2014 Acura RLX is without a doubt the most luxurious, and high tech sedan we have ever had in our long term fleet.

Like all Acuras, it came very well equipped, with our RLX Advance including cutting edge safety features like radar mitigated braking and lane keeping assist. Both we are finding very useful.

But, we’re also finding the RLX more fun to drive than expected. Despite not having the electric all-wheel drive system of the RLX Sport Hybrid, our RLX came standard with Precision All-Wheel Steer that adds rear toe angle to greatly reduce front drive understeer.

As to economy? After 2 months and 4,000 miles, we’re managing 25.9 miles per gallon of premium. Not bad for a V6 prestige sedan with a near full-size interior.

We’ve had few problems getting around during our worst then usual ice and snow season. Although the extra traction of the Sport Hybrid SH-AWD would have been welcomed.
Date: April 2014

Mileage: 12,500
Since our 2014 Acura RLX is front-wheel drive, we thought we might have some issues with late winter snows. But, we didn’t. With a very effective traction control system, it charged right up snowy hills.

Although if we bought 1 we’d go for the RLX Hybrid with Super Handling All-Wheel Drive.

Still, our RLX Advance, matches it capabilities with an extremely comfortable, but not over the top, luxurious interior. It’s also heavy on electronics and has kept us well entertained, informed, and protected, over 4 months and 12,500 miles.

We’re also pretty pleased with 25 mile per gallon fuel economy. But, it does require premium gas.

To feed its very energetic 310-horsepower 3.5-liter V6. The 6-speed automatic shifts quickly and easily. The ride is Euro firm as is the handling. In sum, the Acura RLX cuts up a road nicely anyway you slice it.
The following 6 users liked this post by TSX69:
2011TL (05-20-2014), a35tl (05-20-2014), hondamore (05-20-2014), neuronbob (05-20-2014), SimpsonTide985 (01-11-2015), woropallo (09-19-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Well. Glad to know SOMEONE in the automotive press appreciates the RLX PAWS. Seems to be quite a solid car. It's becoming quite the bargain, too.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Safety Car

Arrow AutoMotiveAddicts

The new 2014 Acura RLX remains to be somewhat of a mystery among the full-sized luxury market, even though Acura has proven its placement among its luxury competition. The Acura RLX is 1 of those vehicles that attempts to pick up off of the memories of the Acura Legend from many generations ago. Surprisingly, the new RLX has a bit of that old Legend class as it serves up a plentiful amount of advanced technology, tech that is truly futuristic and cannot be found on many vehicles currently unless you lay down close to 6 figures for the price of admission.

As Acura’s flagship vehicle, the new RLX, brandishes itself off of the TL, which is now the TLX, and the outgoing RL. The new RLX features larger dimensions than its predecessor, as much as 2 inches more in the wheelbase and its over-all width. Powered by a 310 horsepower and 272 pound-feet of torque 3.5-liter i-VTEC V6 engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission gives the 3,997-pound RLX enough power to get the job done without being a slouch when power is demanded. The drivetrain feeds the front wheels in much of a passive manor to avoid emulating the drama you get from larger front-wheel drive cars with powerful engines – that being torque steer or unwanted wheel spin coming out of heavy accelerated turns. Although, wheel spin seems to be an unavoidable situation in the hands of an enthusiast, the RLX is still nicely balanced and well mannered on the road.

In the full scope of luxury vehicles in the same class, the RLX leaves a few things to be desired. With a 310-horsepower V6 engine and front wheel drive, the RLX initially lags behind its full-size luxury competition. However, despite being a V6 powering the front wheels, the only option available until Acura greets us with the all-wheel-drive RLX Hybrid, remains somewhat of a rarity within this segment. The drivetrain provides decent pulling power but at the cost of a bit of extra engine buzz audibly and a slight coarseness emitted into the cabin. As far ride comfort, the suspension of the RLX leaves me baffled with the tuning of the shocks. Basically, the RLX’s ability to handle bumps and wavy roads is unsettling as it produces an extra reverberation and bounce to its ride, almost like a vehicle with the wrong spring rate matched to its shocks. This ride faux pa was unavoidable but somewhat rectified by having 2 or more adults sit in the back. Perhaps, the suspension is something for Acura to rectify in future suspension tuning.

Possibly making up for the Acura RLX’s suspension shortcoming is the plethora of advanced tech features, including its wide-beaming Jewel-eye LED headlights paving a bright way in most forward viewing directions, a sweet crisp-sounding Krell premium audio system with 14 speakers rivaling many expensive living room setups, Precision All Wheel Steering System (P-AWS) adding a sharpness to steering angles, and its adaptive cruise control system with low speed follow and lake keep assist giving the RLX the ability to basically drive itself – steering and all. Of course, the ‘self-driving’ has some limitations, such as the system will want you to keep your hands on the steering wheel at all times and it does not follow through on sharp curves. The system is very limited in its abilities, though it does make a nice complement to your adaptive cruise control by nudging the steering wheel as it reads the defined lines in the road. The system will beep when it cannot detect 2 defined road lines, signifying it can on longer steer with the road. It is an interesting concept altogether, but more of a novelty to proving only useful for fatigued drivers and those who want to show-off to a few passengers. Even then, if you are that severely fatigued that you are relying on the follow-system, you might want to reconsider driving at that time.

The new 2014 Acura RLX’s road-going character proves to rise above the normal front-wheel-drive expectations. Much of this is due to its precision all-wheel steer system, which enables the rear wheels to pivot up to 1.8 degrees when changing lanes at speed. When cornering, the system will turn the rear wheels slightly in the opposite direction to rotate the vehicle around a bend. Under heavy braking the system will even introduce a slight inward angle for better braking stability. The system attributes to a different driving characteristic that some may take a while to get used to. In all, the system makes steering a bit sharper and eventually predictable after learning its curve, no pun intended.

On the inside of the 2014 Acura RLX Advanced you find plenty of techie goodness foreshadowed by luxurious bits but in sparring supply. Much of the cabin of the new RLX has a nice dash of luxury but really doesn’t pull off the complete expected luxury appeal that much of its competition exudes. The center console, in Acura fashion, has a central control dial for the navigation screen while a new touch-screen with haptic feed back, below the larger nav screen, which is there for accessing most vehicle settings and audio controls. There are several menu sets that can be accessed through the touch screen but the rest of the system’s access to navigation and other vehicle settings are left to the central control knob and various dedicated buttons surrounding it – all displayed on the top navigation screen. In some ways the system works well as one but does keep you attentive of its separation of controls but not to the point of being aggravating. A slight learning curve is required but afterwards the system as a whole is easy to operate.

The comfort is on par for this luxury class as well as the comfort amenities, such as heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, comfortable perforated leather seating throughout, power rear window and manual rear side window sunshades – most of which are part of my RLX Advance package features. The 2014 Acura RLX excels at its offering of leg room up front, actually offering a bit more space than its direct competition, such as the Audi A6, Benz E-Class, Lexus GS and Jaguar XF.

Outside the RLX doesn’t really overshadow in its design and body sculpting. Some of the highlighted design aspects remain to be its unique jewel LED headlights and nicely curved wheel arches flowing into the top-portions of its side. It may not be surprising to see the RLX blend into the background in American suburbia, although that can be a good thing in some circumstances and for some folks who do not like the flash and dash.

The economical side of the 2014 Acura RLX shines brightly with its variable cylinder management of its 3.5-liter V6. At times, I found the RLX getting just over its 31 mpg EPA estimate on the highway and around town I was able to conjure up about 22.4 mpg, also slightly better than the EPA numbers of 20 mpg city and 31 mpg highway. The 19-inch 245/40 all-season tires on all corners prove to be the perfect combination for the RLX’s performance abilities and moderately smooth ride.

Concluding with the 2014 RLX’s value is part of its potential misplacement within the full-size luxury vehicle segment. My 2014 RLX Advance package test vehicle came to an as-tested price of $61,345, probably difficult to swallow off for what the RLX offers in its luxury appointed drivability. Though, as far as advanced technology goes and its nicely appointed luxury seating and comfort, the RLX seems to fit well into its segment and deserves a close look.

The following 2 users liked this post by TSX69:
anoldpunk (05-25-2014), ReLaX (05-26-2014)
Old 06-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb TopSpeed

Following the 2013 model year, Acura axed its aging flagship, the RL , and introduced a new sedan for the 2014 model year. The 2014 RLX — yeah, we know it’s not the most creative of names — is Acura’s answer to the 5 Series and A6, but can the Japanese luxury-car builder really compete with the best of the best? With Honda’s venerable 3.5-liter V-6 boosted to 310 horsepower under the hood, the new sedan is poised to make a valiant effort at least.

I recently got the chance to get behind the wheel of the new RLX sedan, and I had some mixed feelings about it. It certainly didn’t lack in features, as it came with leather everything, touchscreen, Krell audio system with 14 speakers, tri-zone climate control, and much more, but something just wasn’t quite "luxurious" about it. As a 1st impression, it wasn’t promising.

After a full week behind the wheel of the newest member of the Acura family, did the RLX change my feelings about it?

Exterior

Sure, there are some key things that separate the RLX from the Accord like the LED lighting all around, the Jewel Eye LED headlights and the hit-or-miss "shield" grille, but it wasn't quite enough to make me feel like it was worth the extra scratch on the sticker price.

Oh Acura, when will you learn that we are not fooled by changing badges, stretching wheelbases and adding equipment? The RLX is yet another Acura-Honda Honda badge-swapping job, as Acura seemingly took the Accord Touring sedan, stretched its wheelbase by 2.9 inches and called it a "Luxury" car. Sure, there are some key things that separate the RLX from the Accord like the LED lighting all around, the Jewel Eye LED headlights and the hit-or-miss "shield" grille, but it wasn’t quite enough to make me feel like it was worth the extra scratch on the sticker price.

I do happen to like the look of the Accord, however, so I cannot say that I took issue with the look of the RLX. The tester I had was white, so some of the body lines are hidden. That said, I do like the body line that starts at the front fender, angles downward on the front door and sweeps down the length of the vehicle.

Around back, the LED taillights stand out nicely at night, but are a little overbearing in the daytime. The rear bumper is also fairly boring, save for the chrome-outlined reflectors on the lower, outside edges. Up front, the Jewel Eye headlights, are pretty awkward-looking in the daytime but they looked great at night. I also still dislike the massive beak-like grille that stands out like a sore thumb.

The glasshouse is identical to that of the Accord, giving the RLX almost the exact same silhouette as the Accord.

Adding to the fairly substantial list of standard equipment, my test model came with rain-sensing wipers, parking sensors, and the loudest power-folding mirrors I’ve ever heard.
2014 Acura RLX - Exterior Dimensions
Wheelbase 112.2 In (2850 MM)
Length 196.1 In (4982 MM)
Height 57.7 In (1465 MM)
Width 74.4 In (1890 MM) }
Front Track 64.3 In (1632 MM)
Rear Track 64.2 In (1630 MM)
Ground Clearance (unladen) 4.5 In (115 MM)

Interior

By far my favorite feature of the RLX is the Krell, 14-speaker audio system that sounds absolutely awesome.

Fortunately, the inside of the RLX is not a warmed over version of the Accord. The steering wheel feels nice in my hands and has all of the controls I needed without being overbearing. Everything else — except the navigation system screen — seems well placed. The audio system touchscreen is sensitive and the vibrating feedback is a nice touch. A really cool addition up front was the push-button-open feature for the glove box, which gave the instrument panel a cleaner look.

The leather seats are soft, supple and perforated, helping to keep my backside cool. To help with the derriere temperature control, the front buckets are fitted standard with seat ventilation. For those of you in cooler climates, Acura has added heaters in all 4 seats at no charge.

By far my favorite feature of the RLX is the Krell, 14-speaker audio system that sounds absolutely awesome. Sure, I have had louder systems and those with better bass, but this system has the perfect balance.

Now onto the bad stuff... The navigation system is a huge sore spot. First of all, the screen is not angled toward the driver, making me have to kind of stretch my neck to get a clear look at it. Also, the human-navigation system interface is a joke. The voice control is among the worst I have ever sampled and the hands-on interface is slow to respond and clunky. Worst of all, I understand that Acura does not want driver’s operating the system while the car is moving, but it needs to add in a passenger-override feature to allow the passenger to control the navigation while the car is in motion. There is nothing more annoying than fighting that terrible voice-recognition system, than having to pull over to manually enter my new destination. Expletives were uttered, and I may have called Acura’s engineers idiots on a few occasions...
2014 Acura RLX - Interior Specifications
EPA Cargo Volume (SAE) 14.7 Cu Ft
Headroom (Front/Rear) 37.6 In (954 MM) / 36.9 In (937 MM)
Legroom (Front/Rear) 42.3 In (1074 MM) / 38.8 In (985 MM)
Hiproom (Front/Rear) 55.9 In (1419 MM) / 54.5 In (1385 MM)
Shoulder Room (Front/Rear) 59.6 In (1514 MM) / 57.0 In (1449 MM)
Drivetrain

Under the 2014 RLX's hood is the same engine as the 2014 Accord, but Acura manages to push its output to 310 horsepower and 272 pound-feet of torque.

Under the 2014 RLX’s hood is the same engine as the 2014 Accord, but Acura manages to push its output to 310 horsepower and 272 pound-feet of torque. This is an increase of 32 horsepower and 20 pound-feet over the 2014 Accord that I tested earlier this year. Mated to this engine is Acura’s 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift, which gave me a set of paddle shifters to slam through the gears with.

Also included is a "Sport" mode button, which adjust the shift points and allows for more aggressive engine braking. While I appreciate the option, this mode leaves a lot to be desired.

Fuel economy is pretty decent for the bulky V-6, as it is rated 20 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, and 24 mpg combined. Those numbers could be considered decent, but in this game Acura should be striving for more than mediocrity.
2014 Acura RLX - Drivetrain Specifications
Engine Type Aluminum-alloy direct injection V-6
Displacement 3.5 liters
Valvetrain 24-valve, SOHC i-VTEC
Horsepower (HP @ RPM) 310 @ 6,500
Torque (LB-FT @ RPM) 272 @ 4,500
EPA Fuel Economy Ratings (City / Highway / Combined) 20 / 31 / 24
Driving Impressions

There were OMFG moments, when the ACC would malfunction because the car in front of me turned, leaving me to jam on the gas pedal to get the car moving again.

Driving the Acura RLX is really a mixed bag of nuts. It performs adequately for a near-4,000-pound sedan, but it is grossly underwhelming for its class and price point. Its 0-to-60 mph time is in the low-6-second range and the ride is okay, but at over $60,000, there needs to be a lot of luxury to overcome the sub-par performance. Unfortunately, the RLX does not offer the amount of luxury needed to overcome that.

Inside the cabin, things are pretty hush-hush on smooth asphalt, but hit a little roughness and things get loud quickly. As for harshness, the RLX’s low-profile tires and 19-inch wheels make for a rougher ride, but they do enhance its tossability in the corners. Make no mistake, though; it is no BMW or Audi.

We took a long trip to the beach, so I got a good feel for the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assist, and they worked well for the most part. There were OMFG moments, when the ACC would malfunction because the car in front of me turned, leaving me to jam on the gas pedal to get the car moving again. In total, cruising the interstate is made much easier by this system.

Overall, this felt more like a high-$40,000 car than a low-$60k car, but some of the features that came standard on my tester would drive the 5 Series into the $60k range.

Pricing

The RLX that Acura delivered to me calls for a hefty sum. $60,450. With delivery and all of that jazz, the RLX comes in at $61,435.

Competition

Audi A6
The Audi A6 makes things pretty tough on potential RLX buyers. Sure, it is a little smaller than the RLX and the cabin is a tad more cramped, but you’re getting a "4 Rings" emblem and a whole lot more car for the money. The 2014 A6 2.0 TfSI — base model — retails at $43,995, but that’s not quite a competitor for this fully loaded RLX.

The Best competitor is the 3.0 TFSI Prestige model, which comes in at $55,995 and features a supercharged V-6 that pumps out 310 horses and 325 pound-feet of twist. The power routes through an 8 speed — 2 more gears than the Acura — transmission that then shoots power to all 4 wheels through quattro AWD.

This gets you to 60 mph in just 5.3 seconds and up to 130 mph. The A6 3.0 TFSI engine is a little rougher on fuel, getting just 18 mpg city, 28 mpg highway and 22 mpg combined.

Lexus GS 350

Fellow Japanese automaker, Lexus, chimes in with a luxury car all its own that is more suited to match wits with the RLX. This is the GS 350 Sedan, and it starts out at a cool $47k. This nets you a 3.5-liter V-6 that pumps out 306 horsepower and 277 pound-feet of torque. This power routes through an 8-speed Sport Direct Shift transmission that delivers power to the rear wheels.

Though it is less powerful than the Acura, it is significantly quicker to 60 mph, completing the task in just 5.7 seconds. It also tops out at 144 mph, clipping both the Audi and the Acura.

In terms of fuel economy, the GS 350 splits the difference at 19 mpg city, 29 mpg highway, and 23 mpg combined.

With the F Sport Package and a few other goodies to bring it up to the level of my fully loaded tester, the GS 350 checks in at $57,563 with destination fee included.

Conclusion

I had a lot of not-so-great things to say about the 2014 RLX, but don’t dismiss it as a loser straight away. It is good for those who want a slightly larger midsize luxury car and for those who want all the bells and whistles in place of pure driving dynamics. Its price is sky-high, but the value is there in terms of features.

It does have a few serious glitches in the navigation software and the voice recognition system, but the rest of the features, including the standard rear and side shades are great additions.
LOVE IT
Tons of features to keep you busy
Huge navi screen
Great audio system
Peppy for its size
Legroom galore

LEAVE IT
Average fuel economy for its class
Very, very expensive
Navigation interface is finicky
Too much NVH for the price range
Can get a 5 Series or Audi A6 well-equipped for less money
The following users liked this post:
neuronbob (06-12-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 06:06 AM
Safety Car

Talking TechHive

I was heading to Fargo to get stuck in traffic. (Yes, there is traffic in Fargo.) I was driving a tastefully maroon-hued Acura RLX Advance, which offers something called Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low Speed Follow. It sounds clunky, but it’s actually quite useful.

You press a button on the steering wheel that looks like a car running over speed bumps. Magically, the RLX maintains your current speed. If some guy in a Ford pickup wearing overalls and eating cheese curds by the handful suddenly pulls in front of you, the RLX will give him the ultimate “no problemo” signature move: It adjusts your speed automatically and maintains a safe, cheese-curd-friendly distance, all the way down to a full stop if necessary.

The button to activate adaptive cruise control is on the steering wheel.

I arrived a little after 5:00 p.m. in Fargo—right about the time the Wal-Mart day shift ends. I merged into traffic and punched the ACC button at around 60 mph. I’d already shown how the RLX can keep you centered in your lane for short spurts. With both ACC and lane-keeping activated, it’s like driving a maroon robot on 4 wheels without using your hands or feet. Cool.

The ACC worked fine, for the most part. Traffic jams are a little unpredictable. Modern cars are not ready to understand the difference between a canoe that’s sticking off the back of a Subaru and one that’s rolling down the highway in front of you. If Billy Bob swerves into your lane, it’s disconcerting to have the RLX brake suddenly on its own. You have to restrain your own instinct to brake. It reminds me a bit of Apple’s Siri: It’s amusing to dictate a text message to her, but it’s much easier to do it yourself.

You set the warning distance for Adaptive Cruise Control from the center display.

I might have been less disconcerted if I’d felt better informed about what’s happening—especially in the case of full stops. When you enable normal cruise control, you see an icon of a car in the instrument cluster. When adaptive cruise starts working, the car icon flashes white, and you’ll see tiny red taillight icons. The RLX Advance also beeps at you once to indicate when ACC is working, and again when it’s disabled.

For Low Speed Follow, I wanted more visual aids than that. Maybe a head-up display that shows lights coming closer and closer together. Maybe the beeps get louder. Or maybe I just need to get used to the feature.

Most of the visual cues for adaptive cruise control show in the center of the instrument cluster, and there are also audio cues.

Eventually, the traffic loosened. I never hit the brakes on my own. All I did was press the ACC resume button when the RLX Advance came to a complete stop. In consistent traffic slowdowns, the feature is flawless. In other cases, you may have to take over. For the most part, you’ll probably hover your foot over the brakes no matter what’s happening.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow is available only on the RLX Advance, which costs $60,450. That’s exactly $12,000 more than the base Acura RLX. My entire family could go on a Caribbean cruise for $12,000. I could buy a used Nissan Versa and have money left over for an annual tanning club membership. And I’m not even into tanning!

Of course, with the RLX Advance, you gain much more than traffic jam assistance. There’s a collision warning system, lane-keeping, a power rear sunshade, a full-time paid masseuse (not really, but the seats are extremely comfortable) and tons of extras. And, what’s the real cost of accident avoidance, anyway? I never even came close to hitting Billy Bob’s truck.

Several less expensive (and smaller) luxury cars offer low-speed adaptive cruise control such as the Mercedes-Benz CLA ($32,400 with the extra tech package) and the new 2015 Audi A3 ($38,350 at Prestige trim level that includes stop-and-go adaptive cruise). However, for similar full-sized sedans like the 2014 Audi A7 ($67,400), the Acura RLX’s pricing is competitive.

For those of us who just need to drive to Wal-Mart, the Acura RLX Advance’s Low Speed Follow is overkill. For peace of mind in a life filled with heavy commute traffic, however, it’s certainly helpful. As a proof-of-concept for future autonomous driving, it’s essential.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Grandpa

Cheese curds?

Hands full of cheese curds?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by TSX69
Average fuel economy for its class
I'm averaging 24.7 mpg overall, 10.5K miles so far.

I dunno. That sounds a little above average to me.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
I finally had the chance to drive one RLX advanced earlier this week and it was ok, My issues with the car and the price;

1. Loved the interior of the car, all the bells and whistle were cool for me, good technology(i know about some of the issues with the interface but that wouldn't change me mind), enough space if you are lil husky or bigger, seats felt good and made for long trips.

2. Exterior takes some time getting warmed up to, at first i didnt like it but i had never saw the car in person, once i saw it "man it was like never noticing how beautiful the nerd girl in your class was until you hadn't see her in a while", loved the lines on it and it would have to be black for me, very sexy car in person vs online in pics.

3. Ride, now this is the part that kind of blows me. i rode in the car with the salesman and every time we go over bumps it feels like i'm riding in car that doesnt cost as much as they are asking for it, like seriously close to Accord type of ride, i don't know if it was the 19's or the skinny ass tires but for the price of the car i felt it should have a more refined ride. it doesnt have to be Lexus like but a lil more smoother or able to accept the bumps as they come. After i drove the salesman drove it and every time it felt like it was too much i pointed it out to the salesman, even he had to say the ride is kind rough but more 'BMW like". Okay i can understand finding middle ground but honestly is it me or am i going crazy but i feel as though my 03 CLS with 17's ride just as smooth as the RLX(maybe its the 17's) and for that price i shouldn't be able to make that comparative on ride and handling.

4. Engine, Drivng it was cool but it seems like it is really under powered, this car should come with 350hp out the factory. I can still see myself getting an RLX or a 4th Gen TL at some point but i dont want to get one now and be on the road cruising or disrespecting the highways, then have a Hyundai Genesis or something similar (Older model) pull up on the side of me and blaze off on me and i cant even keep up(this happened in my CLS and i couldn't even say nothing to my brother in the car who was like "Dam son you cant keep up with a Hyundai". All my Acura hyping went out the window that day and i succumb to the fact that my Type-s cant hang with a alot of cars on the road nowadays. Now that i'm trying to finalize my next big purchase i really want something with that power and it might have to be that SHAWD RLX if they ever make it to the dealers., Ill take 377HP all day but i'm sure there will be no rebates on that one.

Just my take on the car, i loved the car but the ride left me kind of "I dont know about that one but maybe the SHAWD is better" type of feeling, we will see in the months to come.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb CarGuide

2012 was a big year for Acura. With a tendency to go overboard, Honda’s luxury brand launched 2 concept cars, the NSX and the RLX (at the Detroit Motor Show in January and the New York Auto Show in April, respectively). While the NSX knocked everyone’s socks off with its exquisite design, the RLX blew people away with its ugliness. At least it was just a concept, so there were chances that the production model would be a little more dynamic. But as you might have guessed, that is not what happened.

Contrary to the general trend of assigning an X to the name of vehicles with all-wheel drive, the Acura RL had all-wheel drive while its replacement, the RLX, only has front-wheel drive for the time being. A hybrid AWD version is on its way, but this article focuses on the vehicle we tested a few weeks back: an RLX Elite with front-wheel drive.

While the RLX’s engineers didn’t go wild designing it, it is nonetheless a vehicle with presence, even if only for its “jewel eyes” which definitely stand out from everything else is on the market. Some love them, others don’t.

2 screens and dozens of buttons
The interior, which is fully soundproofed, is distinctly more inspired than the vehicle’s body. The presentation is serious, the materials are carefully chosen and assembled by people with OCD. The dashboard is user-friendly and while not so long ago Acura kept 850 button factories in business, they must all be going bankrupt now, as most functions are now controlled via a 7-inch touch screen. Up higher, there’s an 8-inch screen that displays the GPS and other systems. That said, it’s not all perfect. I found the Krell sound system sub-par for Acura’s largest sedan. It might have helped if I could figure out how to balance the sound. But whatever you do, don’t tell me that it should be a cinch to figure out. In a car, you want everything to be a cinch so that you can keep your eyes on the road and comfortably enjoy your car the rest of the time. And while I’m ranting, I’ll also mention that I didn’t appreciate having to remove my gloves every time I wanted to enter the car. Normally, you just have to touch the exterior handle for the door to unlock, but with my gloves, it didn’t work.

The front seats are deliciously cushy. They offer great support for your entire body, which means the only thing enticing you to stop is going to be your bladder or your stomach. The rear seats are very inviting, too, except maybe for taller folks who will find that headroom is barely sufficient. The trunk is generous in its dimensions and is just as nicely crafted as the passenger compartment. I was almost tempted to crawl in and sleep there overnight. As always, Acura has paid the utmost attention to detail. The rear seatback doesn’t fold down to extend the cargo hold, however. There is only a ski flap.

What an engine!
When the RLX gets going, it exudes happiness thanks to its 3.5-litre V6; the same 1 that purrs within several Acura products. Tremendously powerful and as flexible as a 14-year old Nadia Comaneci, this engine delivers outstanding performance. It pumps out 310 horses at 6,500 rpm and 272 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,500, which is more than enough to create torque effect when you accelerate and swerve from side to side. Including all-wheel drive should rectify this unpleasant situation. The variable cylinder management deactivates 3 cylinders when they are not needed. The 6-speed automatic transmission is more discreet than in the past.

Add all these elements together and you get very low fuel consumption. Despite the wickedly cold temperatures when we tested it, I got an average of 10.7 litres per 100 kilometres. In summer, it could easily drop to 9 or 9.5 litres. Not bad for a car with 310 horsepower and weighing more than 1,800 kilograms—and that was occasionally pushed beyond the limits of reason!

Light on its feet
When you drive the RLX, you would never guess that it weighed 1,800 kilograms. This is in large part thanks to its power, but other factors include the super-solid chassis and the perfectly calibrated suspension that balances comfort with excellent road handling. Also helpful is the Precision All-Wheel Steer system that allows the rear wheels to turn in the direction of the front wheels.

I didn’t really see the point of this system when driving on ice, especially since this involved keeping speed down. However, when avoiding an obstruction on super cold but dry asphalt, I came to see the benefits. I almost got the sense that the rear section knew exactly where to go, as though a divine hand guided it on the right trajectory. I don’t know whether this system actually enhances road hold at high speeds, but 1 thing is for sure: it helps with safety. What is more, it contributes to a shorter turning radius.

Despite all this, driving an RLX is not particularly thrilling, mostly due to the steering, which tends to be too soft in the middle and offers poor feedback. The extremely quiet interior is also to blame. The transmission works beautifully for everyday driving but definitely doesn’t enjoy being jostled. Even in manual mode, it prefers to switch gears at its own volition. So, forget about inspired shifting.

The Acura RLX is nonetheless a heckuva car. If you want to drive a prestige vehicle without attracting too much attention, the RLX is a great choice. It should also be added to your list if you’re looking for a reliable ride, as many of its competitors (including the BMW 5 Series, Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Audi A6 and Cadillac CTS) have yet to master this aspect.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
He found the Krell system to be sub-par??? And he could not figure out how to balance the sound.
and, why was he wearing gloves in the middle of June?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by getakey
He found the Krell system to be sub-par??? And he could not figure out how to balance the sound.
and, why was he wearing gloves in the middle of June?
Well he did say it was wickedly cold when they tested it and the test was probably done earlier than June. Still it's important information to know that gloves cause a problem with the doors.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:15 AM
Safety Car

Red face New Thoughts

Went car shopping with my parents this weekend: after 2 Lexus vehicles they are now looking at Acura. I got to sit in the backseat during the test drive and I had no idea how roomy it was. I know they say it has best in class backseat room but I just thought it would be marginally better than the rest, instead I found that I could basically stretch my legs out.

On the downside, it really did look sparse in terms of features & amenities back there. I realize that the RLX does not compete with the 7series or Sclass but since this is as high as Acura goes, they could have thrown in some more features like reclining seats, heated/cooled cup holders, ventilated seats, DVD player etc etc. This would definitely would have added to the luxury feel of the car.

I read a lot of people complaining that the doors were thin as a cost cutting maneuver. Altho this is possible, I get the feeling that the doors are concave in an effort to create more interior space.

Finally, our tester had the SeaCoast interior & it confirmed my suspicions that it gets dirty way too easy. There were scuff marks & stains everywhere (this was their dedicated test drive RLX). As interested as I am in the Pomegranate Pearl, the lighter interior is more work than I want to deal with.

Of course, they had no idea when the hybrid would be available. They said at the end of July they would be getting 1 new 2015 RLX & then another in August. If true, Acura seems like they are continuing to be disinterested in this car by only sending 1 a month.

On a side note, Toyota just announced that the new Prius will be delayed 6 months; I wish Acura would do us the same courtesy of keeping us updated on the RLX Hybrid release date.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
I assume the problem is that Acura doesn't know if it will be ready in 6 days, 6 weeks, 6 months or 6 years. Seems as if they are going to test the crap out of the SHAWD RLX so the new drivetrain is as close to flawless as they can get it before it hits the showroom floor. Wise choice for a flagship but painfully frustrating for loyal customers waiting to buy one.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb CommDigiNews

SEATTLE – June 30, 2014 – It’s been very easy to appreciate Acura over the years as it’s always done a great job of introducing useful gadgets into its cars in such a way that’s still intuitive. This is the case with its RLX sedan. A 4 door car that’s competing with the Lexus GS 350, BMW 528i, Mercedes E350 and Infiniti Q-series, the RLX has a great deal going for it. Outside of the “Honda reliability” factor, the RLX has a formidable engine, great handling and all the appropriate tech one would expect in a sedan like this.

While the RLX does start out at around the $48k mark, you can easily climb up to $60k, fully-loaded with all of the options with the “Advance package.” Its baseline engine is a 310-hp/272 lb-ft. of torque 3.5-liter V6, if you add the Hybrid option on the Technology or advance package and that climbs to 377-hp. The hybrid model also adds rear wheel steering as well.

The RLX engine brings a rather spirited driving experience to this vehicle and never feels as if it’s lacking in the performance department. There’s ample passing-power, going on a mountain pass and yet doesn’t “feel heavy” in the front-end of the car. Engine sound is on-point in that it has a very nice somewhat-muted growl with enough to let you know it’s doing something without being too loud in the least.

Its standard 6-speed automatic transmission does have a sport mode with the press of a button and that also helps the car feel nicely liberated and spirited as well. Sport mode holds the lower gears longer and also makes the accelerator pedal more responsive as well.

Our advance packaged model included the Krell audio system which is far and away the best-sounding I’ve hear in any premium-level sedan so far. It blows away the likes of “no highs, now lows it must be Bose” and even the Bang & Olufsen in the Audis. The on-board navigation is simple to use thanks to the center-mounted control knob and its Bluetooth quality for both the driver and listener is very good.

It uses a combination of the control knob and touch to get the job done which gives the driver some really good flexibility. Additionally, the voice commands work very well and as a nice touch, you can have the system display texts from your phone. All and all, Acura is doing a great job of helping drivers avoid eye contact with their cell phones.

Other goodies on this car were adaptive cruise control, heated front seats, multiple climate zones and touch-sensitive panels. Its panel is very responsive and doesn’t seem to lag at all when navigating through the various option screens.

The RLX has a standard back-up camera, blind spot warning, lane departure warning and a forward collision warning system. In addition, there are plenty of air-bags inside that basically wrap the occupants in a cocoon of safety in the event of an accident. Lastly, there’s also the CMBS system which will have the car keep itself within the lane markers for about 10-seconds at a time. After that time, it’ll flash up a “steering required” warning. While it’s a nifty piece of technology, I’m not sure it’s a good idea to somewhat encourage drivers to take their hands off the wheel.

The ride quality of the RLX is well stated and has a very nice compromise of bump dampening and firmness. You can take-on corners with a sense of stability and control while riding in a car that makes you feel a good sense of technical comfort. Steering feel is good as well and even though the car has a 61/39 percent weight distribution, the RLX has a very nice feel to the steering and is an overall rewarding driving experience.

Overall, Acura has done a great job of delivering a quality vehicle that delivers up a rather sublime experience of sportiness and comfort in an attractive package that’s very price competitive. If you’re at all in the market for a higher-end performance-based luxury sedan, then the RXL is certainly worth checking out.
hondamore (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

"Hybrid model also adds rear wheel steering as well"??

Is this reporter referring to the torque-vectoring of the SHAWD system or are they adding PAWS to the SHAWD?? Likely the former and this reporter needs to do a little more homework. The idea of PAWS and SHAWD is appealing/intriguing.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:48 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb AutoGo

2014 Acura RLX Elite:
Anonymously Good

There's something very appealing about this luxo-sedan. However, its beauty is more than skin deep.

Let's face it; Acura is out to attract premium-brand buyers who don't feel the need to flash their cash (or credit) around in order to boost their self-confidence, and there definitely is a good business case here.

No car in Acura's current line-up represents that strategy better than the 2014 Acura RLX. Actually, even the 2 generations of the Acura RL that preceded it were pretty low-key, but were nevertheless spacious, comfortable, sophisticated and reliable.

Of course, I'm not implying that the RLX isn't attractive. There's just no flair to the car's exterior design, yet it does look smart and refined, thanks to certain details like the LED headlights, the long nose and short deck as well as just the right amount of chrome trim. In addition, the compromise of a conservative design is that it generally ages more gracefully.

The RLX goes head to head with large luxury sedans such as the Cadillac XTS, the Lincoln MKS and the 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Honda and consequently Acura have always resisted the temptation to produce a V8 engine for their production cars and trucks. In their quest to be a sensible, environmentally friendly company, they never offered astronomic levels of horsepower in any of their vehicles, although that will change this year with the 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid that will be packing 377 ponies. The upcoming Acura NSX supercar will likely crack the 400-hp threshold.

Quite frankly, nobody needs that much power in a passenger car. The direct-injected 3.5L V6 does a fine job of whipping the RLX up to speed swiftly, with a responsible 310 hp and 272 lb-ft of torque. It's connected to a 6-speed automatic transmission with includes paddle shifters, while a Sport mode makes for slightly quicker throttle response and gear changes.

Equipped with cylinder deactivation, the V6 engine delivered a respectable fuel economy average of 11.5 L/100km during our winter test week. Ironically, the heavier and all-wheel-drive 2014 Acura MDX we drove earlier this year was more efficient, but we did rack up a lot more highway mileage in the SUV.

Since the RLX is front-wheel drive, its mission is to provide a comfortable and refined driving experience, with performance and handling on a side dish. Equipped with a double-wishbone front and multilink rear suspension, electric power steering and all-wheel steer, the 2014 Acura RLX can throw its weight around without fuss, although there is a fair amount of body roll while driving down twisty roads.

We were less impressed with the car's ride stiffness. Even on the highway, the RLX would thump over cracks and frost heaves, sending a jolt up through the cabin and disrupting the otherwise serene atmosphere.

That cabin benefits from high-quality components and an elegant design, with stitched leather on the dashboard, restrained brightwork as well as available Milano leather upholstery and wood trim – woodgrain, actually, not the real thing.

Thanks to the silent cockpit and comfy seats, you'll feel just as relaxed in traffic as you would be during a leisurely weekend stroll through the countryside. The car's width also translates into lots of shoulder and hip room, which is especially good for back-seat passengers.

The mid-level Technology Package adds a heated steering wheel, power-folding mirrors, a blind spot monitor, rain-sensing wipers and 19-inch wheels (up from the base trim's 18-inchers). A navigation system with an 8-inch display is also included; Honda's map and menu graphics are really starting to look archaic, but the system works well.

In the range-topping Elite variant we tested, you get ventilated front seats and heated rear seats, adaptive cruise control, rear sunshades, park sonar, a lane keep assist system and a blissfully good Krell 14-speaker surround sound system.

As in the MDX, there's also a touchscreen for fiddling with the sound and climate control systems, and below it, a multifunction knob and a row of buttons provide quick access to system menus as well.

The 2014 Acura RLX starts out at $49,990 before freight and delivery charges. It's obviously cheap if you were considering a big German luxury sedan, but a little more expensive than the aforementioned Genesis and MKS which both offer AWD unlike the Acura. Our Elite tester was priced at $62,190.

Buyers get to experience Acura's complimentary maintenance program which is just being introduced with the new RLX. It offers 4 years or 80,000 km (whichever comes 1st) of free scheduled maintenance. A concierge service is optional as well, with agents waiting by the phone for you; they can book you a flight, find the nearest Chinese buffet or tell you who Kim Kardashian's latest date was.

The RLX is a big, quiet and comfortable sedan, and just like its predecessor, can be driven fast without getting noticed. It might be an anonymous luxury car, and the only way it will give you goose bumps is with the A/C on full blast, but we finished up our test week impressed at how smooth and competent it really is.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
is this a repeat?

hondamore (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 85 Posts
Stolen video...
Old 08-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Here is a reminder

Acura RLX Sport Hybrid videos

George Knighton (11-02-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^Damn the pusher man. (old school Steppenwolf reference likely understood only by those squarely in the middle of the RLX target market)

Once you have gotten over your need for SH SHAWD, they pull you back in and make you want it more than ever.
George Knighton (11-02-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 03:26 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by hondamore
^^Damn the pusher man. (old school Steppenwolf reference likely understood only by those squarely in the middle of the RLX target market)
At 68 I'm at the top of the target market. Saw them in concert in 1972!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Safety Car

Wink Green Car Reports

Several manufacturers now offer gas-saving hybrid versions of their vehicles but it's surprisingly rare to find 2 companies who have gone about it in the same way.

The early pioneers, Toyota and Honda, fielded completely different systems at launch--and well over a decade down the line Honda has once again introduced a new hybrid system.

Called Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) it debuts in the 2014 Acura RLX Hybrid and could be the most sophisticated hybrid system yet.

It combines traditional hybrid benefits with some of those of certain pure electric vehicles, like torque vectoring to individual wheels.

1 engine, 3 motors

At its heart, the RLX Hybrid has the same 3.5-liter gasoline V-6 as other RLX models.

It features i-VTEC variable valve timing and Variable Cylinder Management, a fuel-saving technology that disables 1 bank of cylinders on light throttle loads to save fuel. Intriguing, but nothing out of the ordinary.

From there, the hybrid components come into play. Honda's traditional automatic transmissions and CVTs have made way for a new 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.

Similar to Honda's old IMA hybrid system, it features an integrated electric motor that provides motive power at low speeds, torque-fill between gearchanges and is used for the car's regenerative braking system, feeding power back to the battery pack.

That motor develops 35 kilowatts (47 horsepower) and a useful 109 lb-ft of torque--but it's only 1 part of the SH-AWD system.

At the rear, Honda installs what it calls a 'Twin Motor Unit'. As the name suggests, this comprises 2 more electric motors--1 per wheel--each developing 27 kW and 54 lb-ft.

That's where both the 'Super-Handling' and the 'All-Wheel Drive' come in. As each motor is fed independent power, the RLX Hybrid can vary output from each rear wheel depending on driving conditions.

It should be noted that this is not comparable to a previous Honda system also dubbed SH-AWD--which instead used a conventional central propeller shaft and split power between the rear wheels using an electromagnetic clutch.

The new system eliminates the old drive shaft and rear differential in favor of the twin electric motors.

Benefits

While that's useful for traction-loss situations such as snowy or wet roads, it also means improved roadholding on dry roads too.

Just like the all-electric Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Electric Drive, varying torque between the rear wheels means the car can adjust its line to reduce understeer--boosting power to the outside tire to help rotate the car.

It's also brisk in a straight line. With a total system output of 377 horsepower and 377 lb-ft, it's 67 hp and over 100 lb-ft stronger than the non-hybrid V-6 drivetrain.

Honda says its performance is comparable with more conventional V-8-engined rivals, yet economy is much improved at 30 mpg combined (28 mpg city, 32 mpg highway).

For further reference, that's 6 mpg better than the standard 2014 RLX's combined mileage, a full 8 mpg better in the city and 1 mpg better on the highway despite the extra weight of all those hybrid components.

Improved hybrids all round

SH-AWD is just one of the new hybrid systems launched by Honda in recent years to replace the old Integrated Motor Assist setup, which debuted with the 1st-generation Honda Insight in 1999.

Sitting below it, and used in the Honda Accord Hybrid, is the Sport Hybrid Intelligent Multi-Mode Drive setup. This uses 2 motors and also comes in a plug-in format.

Below that, is i-DCT, used in the Japanese-market Honda Fit Hybrid.

This is a simpler single-motor system that directly replaces IMA. Unlike IMA it can fully drive the Fit with the engine off, while the old manual and CVT transmission options are replaced with a new dual-clutch transmission for a sportier feel.

Honda's hybrids don't stop there though. SH-AWD will be making a further appearance in the upcoming Acura NSX supercar.

While the RLX's setup is biased for front-drive vehicles, the NSX will pair a mid-mounted V-6 engine and hybrid system with twin-motor power to the front wheels, instead.

Still in development, the new NSX could dethrone the new BMW i8 as 1 of the most sophisticated sports cars on sale.

In the meantime, customers are still waiting to get their hands on the hybrid RLX, which has suffered "technical" delays, according to Wards Auto.

Originally slated for the Spring, it's now expected to go on sale "soon", after Acura delayed it through concerns it didn't meet the firm's expectations.

The following 2 users liked this post by TSX69:
hondamore (08-23-2014), wstr75 (08-23-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 12:43 PM
Safety Car

Wink Msn

Rating: 7.5
Bottom Line:
The 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD packs a lot of high-tech features and a punch with its integrated hybrid system, but vanilla styling and interesting driver integration choices may not be enough to sway customers away from Audi and Mercedes-Benz.
Pros:
Amazingly smooth transmission
More legroom than the competition
Most powerful Acura built to date

Cons:
Uninspiring steering feel
Less than stellar gas mileage
Anonymous styling
Acura's RLX Sport Hybrid takes Acura to new levels both in power and technology. Every driver aid you can think of is available, including lane-keep assist, multiview backup camera and adaptive cruise control, just to name a few, along with an all-wheel drive hybrid system that makes this car the most powerful Acura ever made. But the bells and whistles can't mask an utterly anonymous design, and while the overall driving experience is good, we wonder if it will matter to "sport hybrid" buyers.

Model lineup
The 4-door RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD (Super Handling All Wheel Drive) is available in 2 trim levels, with the Advance package as the base and the Technology package as the range-topper. Some common features between the 2 are LED lighting at every corner of the car, a power moonroof, navigation, Bluetooth and satellite radio, and an acoustic glass windshield to help cut down cabin noise. A fine-looking set of 19-by-8-inch wheels designed to reduce noise are shod with 245/40/19 high-performance all-season tires.

A Technology package includes a blind-spot information system, the Acura/ELS Studio audio system with media storage, and a collision mitigation braking system with head-up warning and rain-sensing windshield wipers. Spring for the Advance package and you add a crisp Krell audio system, power rear sunshade, adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow and a lane-keeping assist system.

Under the hood
The RLX Sport Hybrid has a single powertrain option sending power to all 4 wheels. The 24-valve single-overhead-cam i-VTEC 3.5-liter direct-injection V6 engine produces 310 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 273 lb-ft of torque at 4700 rpm that goes to the front wheels. Rear-wheel power comes from a pair of permanent magnet electric motors, each producing 36 horsepower and 54 lb-ft of torque, thanks to a 1.3-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack. A single electric motor integrated with the dual-clutch transmission provides a 47 horsepower and 109 lb-ft of boost to the front wheels, as well as regenerative braking for converting engine power to recharge the lithium-ion battery. Total system power comes in at a whopping 377 horsepower — the highest for a production Acura to date.

As mentioned, a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission is responsible for getting the petrol power to the ground and can be controlled by a set of steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Gear selection is no longer through a physical gear selector, but rather an electronic set of Drive, Neutral and Park buttons mounted in the center console (Reverse is selected by its own dedicated switch).

Inner space
1 of the 1st things you'll notice is the quiet interior. It shouldn't come as a surprise, either, because the engineers at Acura spent a lot of time trying to reduce noise levels over the previous RL. Acoustic material backs just about everything, from the rear deck to the carpets. Special 4.7-mm-thick sound-insulating glass is used for all doors, featuring an acoustic membrane that helps reduce interior noise up to 14.7 decibels over the outgoing RL's thicker 5 mm tempered glass. Their hard work certainly paid off.

A longer, wider chassis allowed for increased interior space, most notably for the rear-seat passengers. At 38.8 inches the RLX has the longest rear-seat legroom when compared with the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, BMW 5-Series, Audi A6 or Lexus GS.

The head-up display that shows vehicle speed and torque vectoring is a bit confusing and distracting, especially when you're trying to actually see the road while driving. Fortunately, the feature can be disabled, allowing you to see the road and not worry about how much torque is going to the right rear wheel in the middle of a turn. It is a cool thing to show the neighbors, though.

Call us old fashioned, but we weren't overly impressed by the dual-screen infotainment display. A 7-inch on-demand multiuse display controls the audio system and relies on a touch screen in lieu of physical buttons. While it reduces clutter, we miss the more direct feel of control provided by physical knobs and buttons. We really missed a central command knob a la Audi MMI controls. The second 8-inch screen displays navigation instructions and vehicle information, including hybrid system performance. That's 2 different displays on top of the traditional gauges and head-up display. It's almost information overload.

Steering-wheel controls are a bit cluttered as well, and their operation can be a bit complicated. By our count there are 8 systems controlled through the various knobs and buttons mounted on the wheel — but again, a tech-savvy prospective buyer might see the clutter as a boon.

The newly styled transmission controls are intuitive and they really clean up the center console, almost leaving it too bare. This could have been a good opportunity for an MMI-like dial for system control.

On the road
The new RLX Sport Hybrid is fast — faster than both the Audi A6 3.0T and the Lexus GS Hybrid. During normal operation the engine drives the front wheels and the hybrid system lies in wait. The motor connected to the 7-speed dual-clutch transmission is at the ready for a power boost, and both front and rear systems combine when max power is needed.

Also impressive is the new torque-vectoring management of the SH-AWD system. In dynamic driving situations, the system — based on steering and throttle input — will produce negative torque from brake-energy regeneration on the inside rear wheel while the outside rear wheel gets an e-boost from its electric motor, helping to rotate the rear of the car. Unlike the old system, the updated torque vectoring works both in on- and off-throttle situations.

Though you have to really push to feel the effects of the SH-AWD, it's impressive. Fight the urge to countersteer when you've got the tail wagging, and the RLX Sport Hybrid simply sorts itself out. You'll hear the front tires squealing, but the car doesn't actually understeer.

That being said, while the system itself is great for managing the RLX, the steering feel could be a lot better, especially considering the amount of effort engineers put into its development. It's a little light, and the ratio just isn't fast enough. An Audi A6 was on hand for us to compare, and even without the Sport package the Audi's steering was a much more fluid proposition; it didn't feel like we needed to keep correcting midcorner. In the Acura you feel like you turn the wheel, enter the corner, and then have to dial in more steering. On initial steering input, it feels as if you have to turn the wheel too much for the result you're looking for.

At times the car felt a little oversprung, but that's because it weighs 4,312 pounds. Compared with a similarly equipped nonhybrid RLX, the all-wheel-drive hybrid system adds over 300 pounds to the car. When compared with the Audi A6, we have to tip the hat again to the A6 as it provided a more comfortable ride.

The 7-speed DCT is impressively smooth. It's 1 of the best we've driven to date. Sport mode provided aggressive shifts, while Acura's Grade Logic Control System kept the transmission in the best gear instead of continuously shifting around when we went up steep hills. Also impressive were seamless transitions from electric power to gas and vice versa. Acura took the opportunity to optimize the camshafts to smoothly re-engage the engine from an idle-stop as well as to completely close the valves on the rear cylinders when the variable cylinder management deactivates half of the cylinders.

The adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow is a great feature. It uses radar to manage distance to the car in front, as well as regulating distance when you prefer to use a preset speed. The low-speed follow is designed for use in congested traffic and, once you gain trust in the system, reduces driver workload in those stressful situations. Again, using the adaptive cruise control radar, the system can maintain a preset following distance and actually stop the car if it detects that the car ahead has slowed to a stop.

Fuel mileage during our time behind the wheel was a bit confusing. The RLX is rated at 28 mpg city/32 mpg highway, but we had a tough time meeting either of those numbers, even when driving at a reasonable pace. Perhaps we should have relied on the reactive-force gas pedal a little more (it informs the driver when gas mileage is about to worsen, and when traction is less than ideal).

Right for you?
With production set to take place in Sayama, Japan, Acura is launching the RLX Sport Hybrid in the spring of 2014. We have yet to receive any pricing details, but we expect the RLX Sport Hybrid to retail in the neighborhood of $67,000.

Our struggle with the RLX Sport Hybrid is that we're not quite sure what Acura is trying to accomplish. Behind the wheel it's not fun or fluid enough to really push, so why equip it with all the fancy tech? It's cool stuff, and the closest thing you're going to get to a preview of the upcoming NSX systems, but the car doesn't exactly make you want to go tackle the twisties. Coupled with a design that blends in with its contemporaries, and anonymity is 1 of the RLX's biggest downfalls.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Not exactly glowing....Still a step in the right direction.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

I don't recall reading a Road and Track review of the Sport Hybrid SHAWD RLX, so I found this one:
2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD - Road Test Data - Road & Track
The following 3 users liked this post by hondamore:
George Knighton (09-27-2014), neuronbob (09-24-2014), Terragotti (09-24-2014)
Old 09-24-2014, 03:04 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks worth it to me
Old 09-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I don't recall reading a Road and Track review of the Sport Hybrid SHAWD RLX, so I found this one: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD - Road Test Data - Road & Track
That is the best and most informative review of the sport hybrid I've read. I now have a fuller understanding of what happens in this car over 80 mph. Makes me want to go drive one....on a track. Freaking genius indeed.

This system will be in the next TLX and MDX for sure.....and it should be.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:19 AM
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 42 Posts
I don't recall reading a Road and Track review of the Sport Hybrid SHAWD RLX, so I found this one:

Awesome article, the details around the TMU and its behaviour >80MPH and how it keeps torque vectoring was very helpful. This system is indeed genius.

While they complain about the wrapper this innovative system is in, that's actually a plus for me. What cop or other sports car driver would ever imagine this big Acura is a road rocket?

I lust after an NSX, but frankly, day to day, this Sports Hybrid is the hot driving ticket without fear of speeding tickets just for doing 5+ Mph.
JM2010 SH-AWD (09-25-2014)
Old 09-26-2014, 06:39 PM
Intermediate

There's another one, also quite positive.

2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD - Road Tests - Road & Track
The following 2 users liked this post by eladts:
George Knighton (09-27-2014), hondamore (09-27-2014)
Old 10-21-2014, 04:08 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
MotorWeek Long Term: 2014 Acura RLX. ~20k miles later, two issues reported: rotors needed turning and some complained the headlights blinding them.

The following 4 users liked this post by Tonyware:
a35tl (10-22-2014), Malibu Flyer (10-21-2014), Terragotti (10-23-2014), TSX69 (10-28-2014)
Old 10-27-2014, 08:34 AM
Grandpa

Well. That's embarrassing.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Intermediate

Two Sport Hybrid reviews from Canada

These are the only reviews of the production Sport Hybrid that I've seen. Where are the US reviews?

First Drive ? 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid: a technological marvel | Autonet.ca
2015 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid Review - Wheels.ca
The following 2 users liked this post by eladts:
Malibu Flyer (10-29-2014), TSX69 (10-30-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
From my post on another thread

Originally Posted by eladts
These are the only reviews of the production Sport Hybrid that I've seen. Where are the US reviews?

First Drive ? 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid: a technological marvel | Autonet.ca
2015 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid Review - Wheels.ca
Initial impressions after about 150 miles:

The whole process of starting the car is fun because of push buttons. Very techy and not really anything to do with driving and "driveability" but fun anyway (and it will be true for the TLXs as well). Approach the car and the lights in the door handles go on. Enter the car and after steering wheel and seats adjust you push the parking brake button and then the drive button. The car starts and you can driver off in EV mode or engine or both.

The car is ultra quick on start. The acceleration and torque is almost instantaneous; almost because there is a fraction of second when the engine kicks in but this does not bother me.

Once it starts going it keeps going without hiccup, transmission shifts are almost non-existent, and the engine growls in quite satisfying. For a large car I am almost inclined to believe some write-ups that it drives smaller than its size. On the HUD it is fun to watch the speed and the individual wheel interaction with the central battery/processor as it shifts power from one wheel to the other and from one axle to the other. Is it a 5 sec or sub-5 sec car? Have not tried it yet but I am know it is freakin' fast.

All of the security and safety systems work as advertised and one of the reasons I got the car. The others are Hybrid, SH-AWD, and combination of past reliability with Acura/interior size/price. Not many cars offer these combinations in one package (mostly SUVs have this combo).

As you drive around town the car is almost silent and the initial quality would lead me to believe it will be quiet as it ages. We will see.

I am getting about 26 in mostly city driving. The shift between EV, ICE, VCM, and combination of any three is almost unobtrusive and for me I would not want it to be completely sterile. So I am happy with it.

The suspension setup is at the same time harder than the luxury car moniker (you can feel the road and this is good) and at the same time a little soft if you want to push hard. However, this is where the SH-AWD really shows up and makes up for the suspension. Around curves and in turns the car is ON RAILS. Having driven everything from super cars to race cars this design has real applications and the Honda has potentially a true differentiator. Now let us see what they do with their new exterior design.

The electronic interface DOES NOT have a steep learning curve but there is a lot to go through. (WHY NOT HAVE SIRI ACURA?). I like the dual screen setup. On the HUD you can have your most important visual, on the dash you can have another important sensor displaying, on the top screen you can have one more, and the lower is audio/climate. It works because you can configure for 4 different elements of the car as it suits you and minimize the "fidgeting". The interface reaction is fast and the lower screen haptic touch is really well done.

The seats are comfortable but I would have like the lower cushion to be adjustable in length and possibly with an adjustable air bladder. The configuration allows for any number of positions so no complaints there.

The cabin is very well designed-not quite Audi like-but right up there in terms of quality and ergonomics. The cabin is very large. The rear seating is very spacious. The 6'2" in the family is very happy.

The KRELL system if unbelievable. Priced in retail it is supposed to be about $14,000k (go figure). The sound quality, controls, configuration, and the rest is very simple. The whole back shelf is one giant stereo system from edge to edge-woofer, 2 midrange, 2 tweeters...very cool.

So is it wolf in sheep's clothing=this is not a track car but you could have fun with it.

Will play with Acuralink, AHA, etc...and see what else is useful about the tech in the car. After all it is just 4 wheels and an engine to get you from place A to place B. But it is a nice package to be in and to drive.

So far=enjoying it. Hope it stays that way!
The following 6 users liked this post by Zoommer:
2011TL (10-29-2014), a35tl (10-29-2014), George Knighton (11-02-2014), hondamore (10-29-2014), neuronbob (10-29-2014), wstr75 (11-05-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Safety Car

Lightbulb Autos.ca

Collingwood, Ont. – It had been almost exactly a year since I last drove the Acura RLX – the flagship in Honda’s upscale brand – and in getting back into the car you see featured here, I was quickly refreshed on the fleeting impressions it had made on me.

1st off, it’s a handsome car, if somewhat forgettable save for the multi-lens LED headlights. In person, it commands more respect than it does in photos thanks to its solid proportions and imposing scale, letting observers know that this is no entry-level sedan.

Inside, 1 is reminded of an oversized Accord that has spent a few more classes in finishing school. The materials are all luxurious and supple where they need to be, with the appropriate applications of high-grade trim where warranted for visual appeal. The overall effect is lacking some of the artful design emerging in many of the best of the class competitors. The Krell sound system remains one of the highlights of the car with its sensational power and sound quality.

All of that applies to the front-wheel-drive RLX Elite that I drove last year with its P-AWS (active all-wheel steering) and its front-wheel drive, just as much as it applies to the new offering we’re examining here.

Befitting its place in the mid-size luxury sedan class, Acura Canada is now offering a version of the RLX with its SH-AWD (Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive) system. Canadian luxury car buyers have shown with their cheque books that it is their overwhelming preference to have four wheels dispensing the power rather than just 2, so this move was an absolute necessity for Acura to be taken seriously in this segment.

But this is not like Acura’s usual SH-AWD system. This time, the rear wheels are motivated solely by electric power, as the RLX presents the first application of the new Sport Hybrid system.

In what is a world f1st, Acura has incorporated a 3-motor hybrid system. The 1st motor is integrated into the 7-speed DCT transmission. It’s a low-speed unit that essentially replaces 1st gear. It provides up to 109 lb-ft of torque between 500-2,000 rpm and aids the gasoline engine powering the front wheels up to speed from a standstill.

The 3.5L direct-injected V6 is essentially carryover from the FWD RLX, providing the same 310-hp output and 273 lb-ft of torque. Vibrations have now been quelled in this 2015 car, with a camshaft valve timing change, for those keeping track of the minutiae.

Where things really get interesting, is toward the back of the car with a pair of higher-speed smaller motors each directing up to 54 lb-ft of torque to a single rear wheel. This Twin Motor Unit (TMU) enables a host of benefits including improved acceleration, efficiency and even handling.

All of this hardware, in addition to the Power Drive Unit (the same battery pack used in the Accord Hybrid) adds 110 kg of mass to the RLX versus the front-drive version. While additional weight automatically equates to worse performance in most cars, here all is not lost.

For 1 thing, most of the extra mass is clustered around the rear axle, meaning it’s both low in the car, and moved rearward. This translates to a centre of gravity that is not adversely affected, and in fact the fore-aft weight distribution is better balanced on the heavier Hybrid car. Plus the combined drivetrain now peaks at 377 horsepower and 341 lb-ft of torque – considerable improvements versus the non-hybrid RLX.

Much more importantly, the rear Twin Motor Unit has a few tricks up its sleeve to make the RLX Sport Hybrid a more dynamic performance machine. By having two independent motors driving the rear wheels, torque vectoring can dramatically assist the handling. The TMU can generate a yaw moment in the vehicle, essentially rotating it on an axis thanks to positive torque being directed to the outer wheel, while negative torque is applied to the inner wheel. Even in gentle, off-throttle cornering, this benefit can still assist the dynamics of the car.

The benefits of the TMU are much greater than just torque vectoring. Traction for acceleration is obviously improved versus the FWD RLX, but like most hybrid systems, the improvement to fuel efficiency is also significant.

Here Acura has set up seven different drive modes to optimally suit the different types of motoring circumstances a driver could encounter. In EV mode, the rear TMU will launch the car under light acceleration and maintain it under light power – in stop and go traffic, for instance. Under normal, gentle acceleration, the engine and front motor will pull the car along. At high speed cruising, the engine will also be called on to keep the car rolling.

Under heavy acceleration and in slippery conditions, all systems are called to action, ensuring the power is delivered to the appropriate wheels. During deceleration, regeneration occurs to front and rear motors.

The infotainment system and standard Head-Up Display feature graphics that can help show curious drivers in real-time how all the power is being dispensed around the car. The computers will also tell you how efficient the RLX Sport Hybrid is, too. The government five-cycle rating system estimates the RLX Sport Hybrid at 8 L/100 km city, 7.5 highway and 7.7 combined – excellent figures for such a large, capable and luxurious sedan.

One additional benefit to the rear TMU set up: unlike in a traditional rear- or all-wheel-drive car, there’s no prop shaft in the RLX, resulting in virtually no “centre hump” intrusion to the passenger compartment, helping the RLX maintain its best-in-class rear seat space. Plus, power travelling down a prop shaft creates a slight delay in throttle response. With the instantaneous nature of the electric motors, Acura claims a livelier feel and higher level of throttle responsiveness.

The RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD is an unquestionable technological tour de force, but how does it all translate to a real-world driving experience?

Very well, actually. Driven around Collingwood, Ontario, the RLX hybrid is smooth, quiet and refined, just as it should be in this class of luxury cars. Despite being a very large car, it does not embarrass itself when the roads begin to curve.

Although our drive was relatively brief – only a few hours – I would rather press the RLX Sport Hybrid on roads more familiar to me to really assess the effectiveness of the torque vectoring. Most buyers in this category will surely feel the RLX Sport Hybrid delivers performance on par or superior to the competitors without ever really needing to push the car anywhere near its limits.

Passing power and responsiveness is formidable and even the regenerative braking is far less grabby and artificial-feeling than in most other hybrids. The seven-speed DCT transmission will give fun throttle blips before downshifting when Sport mode is engaged. While reasonably rapid, the shifts called upon by the steering wheel mounted paddles were not as lighting-fast or crisp as the shifts executed by some of the competitors’ gearboxes – especially those using the excellent ZF 8-speed transmission.

Acura’s previous flagship – the RL – was as memorable as a stale soda cracker. As a result, Acura needs to work extra hard to lure away buyers of competitive models, and they seem to be serious about it this time. The RLX Sport Hybrid is an excellent offering in a stellar group of competitors, but it also represents one of the best values. Offered only in full Elite trim, the $69,990 RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD undercuts similarly equipped competitors from Lexus, BMW and Mercedes-Benz by anywhere from $5,000 – $10,000. Infiniti’s Q70h skirts under the RLX by a little more than $1,000, but does not offer all-wheel drive.

For buyers intrigued by the latest technological fads, Acura’s offering in the mid-size luxury sedan market puts its high tech to great use, while providing a luxurious and engaging driving experience.

Pricing: 2015 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH AWD
Base Price: $69,990

Competitors:
BMW ActiveHybrid5 and 535d
Infiniti Q70h
Lexus GS450h
Mercedes-Benz E400 Hybrid and E250 BlueTec
The following 7 users liked this post by TSX69:
2011TL (11-05-2014), a35tl (11-05-2014), George Knighton (11-05-2014), hondamore (11-05-2014), neuronbob (11-05-2014), wstr75 (11-05-2014), Zoommer (11-05-2014) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
This Canadian model "barely" shows what we in the US are not getting=3 more cameras (front and under rear view mirrors), the headlight washer, camera button to the right of the audio button, and the steering wheel warmer. We should have these in the US as well. Great write up and I agree with the overall conclusions and general tone of the review.
hondamore (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014, 06:28 AM
Grandpa

Can't help wondering if somebody isn't going to want to buy a Canadian car for those few extra features.

Although we can certainly live without them, I can imagine someone's thinking that the cameras would be very useful, especially in an urban environment requiring parking with narrow lanes.

I also notice that we still have no performance figures on the production car!

LOL.... Maybe I should donate my car for a review.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Safety Car

Question So Is It a 2015 in Canada

There are ski hills aplenty near Collingwood, Ont., but no race tracks. And while the local roads do boast a few challenging curves, enjoyment is discouraged by suffocating speed limits. Just as well, then, that the roads here on the southern shore of Georgian Bay do possess a network of roundabouts.

Why does this matter to the evaluation of a new hybrid-powered luxury sedan? Because the electric part of the Acura RLX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD powertrain (don’t even ask what the SH stands for: the name is long enough already) is intended to benefit its handling as much as its performance and fuel economy. And in the absence of a track, a few laps of a traffic-free roundabout can reveal much.

Like many of its mild-hybrid luxury counterparts, the Hybrid SH-AWD has an electric motor paired with its gasoline powertrain – in this case, a 3.5-litre, V-6 driving the front wheels through a 7-speed dual-clutch automated gearbox. But there is also a pair of electric motors out back, 1 driving each rear wheel.

Besides making the RLX into an all-wheel-driver, the rear motors can be controlled independently to provide, in effect, an element of rear-wheel steering. Orchestrated by super-smart software, this can be used to promote agility or enhance stability as needed. In turn, that should allow Acura to use a softer suspension than would otherwise be the case.

1st-drive impressions at a preview event near Collingwood reveal a gap between the theory and the practice. The ride is distinctly firm, albeit still liveable; and while the RLX feels precise and agile in moderate-to-brisk driving, it hardly seems a quantum leap better than some conventionally engineered rivals. Nor is the steering response especially engaging.

More concerning, our test car’s tail got squirrelly while we energetically negotiated 1 particular back-road curve. Further exploration on a Collingwood roundabout showed it wasn’t a 1-off aberration. And yes, this was on dry pavement.

Another Sport Hybrid we drove a week later kept its tail in line but surprised us instead with sudden-onset understeer through 1 fast curve. Of course, the stability-control system quickly reined in any waywardness, but this was hardly the sure-footedness we expect from an all-wheel drive car.

The performance/economy part of the equation is much more convincing. It would take extreme feather-footing to accelerate this two-ton car from rest on electric power alone, but in cruise mode it’ll skim silently along on battery power at up to 80 km/h for a few kilometres at a time. Depending on battery state of charge and other factors, the transitions in and out of EV mode are somewhat random – but they are also seamless.

We drove the RLX briskly along rural roads, and after about 50 kilometres the trip computer was showing average fuel consumption of 8.1 L/100 km. Then, finding a level stretch of road, we attached our test gear and did several full-bore 0-100-km/h runs. The results averaged out at 5.8 seconds, which is plenty quick. Resuming normal driving, we completed the 94-km route with the computer still showing 9.1 L/100 km – including the acceleration runs – at the finish.

On a purely objective basis, the RLX Hybrid’s package of luxury, technology, space and pace seems enough to justify its $69,990 asking price, with compact-car fuel economy as a feel-good bonus. But to seriously challenge the name-brand luxury heavyweights, Acura also needs to deliver a uniquely compelling driving experience. On paper, the Hybrid SH-AWD technology has the potential to do that. On pavement, we’re still waiting to feel the results.

The writer was a guest of the auto maker. Content was not subject to approval.

You’ll like this car if ... you’d rather take the road less travelled in a car that puts cutting-edge technology and a small carbon footprint before conventional notions of prestige and style.
TECH SPECS

Price: $69,990
Engines: 3.5-litre, V-6 direct-injection gas engine plus 3 electric motors
Drive: 7-speed dual-clutch automated transmission and AWD
Fuel economy (litres/100 km): 8.0 city, 7.5 highway
Alternatives: Audi A6 TDI, BMW ActiveHybrid 5, BMW 535d, Lexus GS450h, Infiniti Q70h, 2014 Mercedes-Benz E400 Hybrid

RATINGS

Looks: Despite some novel sculpting along its flanks, the basic shape maintains a long tradition of conservative, anonymous styling for Acura’s largest and most expensive sedan.
Interior: Luxuriously appointed, and by the numbers it has the roomiest rear cabin in its class (though real-world sprawl space out back is compromised somewhat by tight foot-room under the front seats).
Technology: Apart from the unique Hybrid AWD powertrain, it comes loaded with safety and info-communi-tainment devices including 2 – count ’em, 2 – big-screen TVs on the dashboard
Performance: We’re unconvinced by the rear electric motors’ contribution to handling, but what’s not to like about a big luxury car that can sprint like a V-8 or scrooge like a 4-cylinder?
Cargo: The battery pack in the trunk behind the back seat reduces cargo volume from 423 litres on the FWD RLX to 328 litres in the Hybrid – less than in most compact sedans.

The Verdict

Acura’s new flagship sedan delivers everything you’d expect in a $70,000 luxury car … except for a truly compelling reason to buy it.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Grandpa

More concerning, our test car’s tail got squirrelly while we energetically negotiated 1 particular back-road curve. Further exploration on a Collingwood roundabout showed it wasn’t a 1-off aberration. And yes, this was on dry pavement.

Another Sport Hybrid we drove a week later kept its tail in line but surprised us instead with sudden-onset understeer through 1 fast curve. Of course, the stability-control system quickly reined in any waywardness, but this was hardly the sure-footedness we expect from an all-wheel drive car.
:-/

The computer can't make up for bad driving.

Odds are the car was less squirrelly and more trying to make up for his conflicting commands.

Although the car's big enough that you can make it handle in a potentially ungainly fashion, what the reviewer describes as understeer is a sign that the car interpreted the driver's movements of the steering wheel as potentially dangerous.

The car tries to give you the reins. There are times that if you know the car you will have to be prepared for the nose to point. Once you get used to the car, you will know how to point it without causing anything like what the reviewer called sudden oversteer.

If the reviewer experienced any kind of sudden nose point it is because that is what he told the car to do, and his movement was (at that moment at least) smooth enough to cause the car to believe that he wanted to do something.

I've driven the Sport Hybrid fairly hard and although there's no denying it's a big car that isn't going to handle like a sports car, the computer systems work very hard to keep the car neutral and going where you pointed it. If he experienced either understeer or oversteer, I suspect the problem is in his hand movements or in his perceptions of what the car was doing, rather than what the car was really doing compared to what he wanted it to do.

Only getting a 5.8s 0-60 time is further evocative of the driver not knowing exactly what he wanted to be doing. Even Alex Dykes got 5.3s on the preproduction car with all season tyres.

Come on, now, Mr Reviewer. Geeez....
Old 11-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Grandpa

Where is this guy, anyway? Because I'm driving up there!

Quick Reply: Acura RLX Reviews (Sport Hybrid reviews pg 21)