Issues with new delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Issues with new delivery

When I press the two dash buttons to adjust the instrument brightness nothing happens? Back door is misaligned. Can this be fixed without scratching or cosmetically damaging anything? Small dent on drivers front door. Headliner by sunroof rattles over every bump. Navigation traffic hardly ever works. The usual infotainment slowness and steering wheel buttons randomly working.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Did you not look at it closely BEFORE you took delivery? You need to go back to your dealer.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by securityguy
Did you not look at it closely BEFORE you took delivery? You need to go back to your dealer.
Yes. It's difficult to notice everything in a short amount of time.

Last edited by Njbrandon; 10-26-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Not being critical but that is why you should take your time...there is never a rush to get in and out. To big of an investment to not take your time.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I remember reading about the misaligned door in one the existing threads. You should definetly take it back to the dealer. I will post the link here for misaligned door if I find it.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Burning Brakes

I think the other post was for a misaligned hatch not door if I recall correctly.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:47 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Njbrandon
Headliner by sunroof rattles over every bump.
Mine does this as well. It appears to be coming from the passenger's side, towards the rear of the sunroof. A very pronounced "click" over small bumps. Drives me nuts. I would appreciate if you could return and let us know what they found.

Old 10-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Burger Steak & Eggs
Mine does this as well. It appears to be coming from the passenger's side, towards the rear of the sunroof. A very pronounced "click" over small bumps. Drives me nuts. I would appreciate if you could return and let us know what they found.
It was a missing clip.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
It was a missing clip.
Brother, can you give more details where this clip was located?
Old 11-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 321 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Burger Steak & Eggs
I had a loaner car (rdx 2019 tech) and the bass would cause that annoying ass click sound in the roof, must of been the same one you guys are hearing, I was SUPER annoying, mine doesn’t do it luckily, also with the dash brightness, you can only adjust at night I believe
Old 11-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Instructor

When I press the two dash buttons to adjust the instrument brightness nothing happens? Back door is misaligned. Can this be fixed without scratching or cosmetically damaging anything? Small dent on drivers front door. Headliner by sunroof rattles over every bump. Navigation traffic hardly ever works. The usual infotainment slowness and steering wheel buttons randomly working.

I recently took delivery of my rdx tech awd. I read your post before taking the delivery so checked the things you mentioned. I noticed the gap for back doors to be slightly more between door handle and black trim compared to rest of the door and the bottom edge to be not aligned flush with the rear side panel. But it was there on all the rdx's on dealers lot (even mine). Also it is exactly same on both sides, which makes me think if it is meant to be that way. Body lines also seem to align. I actually went to another dealer in my city and looked at their floor model. It also had the same gap. Here are some pictures of mine. Let me know what your dealer said about it.
About the birghtness buttons on the dash. Try pushing and holding them for a while. Brightness changes only when you hold them in pressed position.
I had a big list of things to check and so far everything checks out fine to my satisfaction. Knock on wood. 🙂 Really like the car and speding a lot of time with it. Hopefully all your issues are resolved.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

I don’t have a pic of my passenger side but I can say my driver side is lined up perfect
Old 11-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dereileak
I don’t have a pic of my passenger side but I can say my driver side is lined up perfect
If it is not too much trouble, can you please post some pictures from a closer angle and parallel to the gap. Even on mine it is not visible if looked at from an angle. I am going to visit dealer next week. I can show them the difference.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JustAnotherOne
If it is not too much trouble, can you please post some pictures from a closer angle and parallel to the gap. Even on mine it is not visible if looked at from an angle. I am going to visit dealer next week. I can show them the difference.
sure I’ll get some pictures tomorrow for you
Old 11-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Instructor

JustAnotherOne: Your door is definately misaligned like mine was. Dealer fixed it and now lines up perfectly like the other side. Seemed like an easy fix by their body shop. The bottoms by the wheel arch won't line up because the door is too tall, but the body creases are now aligned.

Last edited by Njbrandon; 11-06-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:03 PM
Instructor

As far as the brightness buttons, mine only work when it's dark. It doesn't change anything during the day time. I don't know if that's just the way it was designed to only be used at night. Also my back up sensors don't always work. I have to be backing straight at something, if it's any kind of angle it doesn't beep, which my other cars do.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:07 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
JustAnotherOne: Your door is definately misaligned like mine was. Dealer fixed it and now lines up perfectly like the other side. Seemed like an easy fix by their body shop. The bottoms by the wheel arch won't line up because the door is too tall, but the body creases are now aligned.

My guess is that there was an issue with the dimensions of the door when they molded it, and the assembly line just split the difference so it would look more normal on both the creases and cladding were close, but I could imagine the creases to look better properly aligned!!!
Old 11-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Instructor

Thanks for sharing the details. I am going to the dealer next week anyways. I can ask them to look into it.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Angry Cannot Read the Main Display at Dawn or Dusk

This is a real problem that Acura has refused to address. When the sun is low in the sky the backlight of the display automatically dims and cannot be adjusted with the brightness buttons. The dealer says "they are all that way" and will take no action to fix the problem. I think the sensors are being interpreted in error or at least we should be able to adjust the backlight under ALL conditions. Attached is a pic of my main display and no, the photo is not artificially dark because it is taken while driving into the sun. It is nearly impossible to read the speedometer and it is totally impossible to read the info display between the speedometer and the tach. I have the same problem when the sun is from the rear.

Does everyone else really have this same problem??

Old 11-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cazman
This is a real problem that Acura has refused to address. When the sun is low in the sky the backlight of the display automatically dims and cannot be adjusted with the brightness buttons. The dealer says "they are all that way" and will take no action to fix the problem. I think the sensors are being interpreted in error or at least we should be able to adjust the backlight under ALL conditions. Attached is a pic of my main display and no, the photo is not artificially dark because it is taken while driving into the sun. It is nearly impossible to read the speedometer and it is totally impossible to read the info display between the speedometer and the tach. I have the same problem when the sun is from the rear.

Does everyone else really have this same problem??

This does not seem right. Are your lights on auto? I tried keeping the brightness to lowest with the button, still it was not this dark. I could get it this dark when I switched the headlights off instead of auto. But I have not driven facing the sun yet like you have here. Maybe the auto headlight switches off all together when facing sun.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Instructor

We should be able to adjust the brightness at any time, not just at night. Every other car I had was that way. I'm coming across a lot of little things about this car that are different from others I've had. Another annoyance is when I turn off the climate system I have to turn the vents back on to get fresh air. My other cars when you turned off the vents it still allowed air to come in to where you last set it.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by JustAnotherOne
This does not seem right. Are your lights on auto? I tried keeping the brightness to lowest with the button, still it was not this dark. I could get it this dark when I switched the headlights off instead of auto. But I have not driven facing the sun yet like you have here. Maybe the auto headlight switches off all together when facing sun.
Yes, I always leave the headlights in "auto". When this happens I have tried to actuate the brightness controls with the headlight control in every position. Nothing I have tried will activate the brightness control buttons. Dealer says "they are all like that".

I can envision this situation: "Sorry officer, I didn't realize I was speeding because Acura doesn't want us to be distracted by being able to see our speedometer".

Last edited by Cazman; 11-11-2018 at 01:37 PM.